Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Jio4GVoice App (JioJoin)

Any one using Voice calling on Jio4GVoice

I don't see the video calling option

I also granted the Camera permission to the app, still no luck.

By default if I call it takes me to the default dialer app.

any other settings required

I am using a Moto e 2 gen Volte phone .

Any one using Voice calling on Jio4GVoice

I don't see the video calling option

I also granted the Camera permission to the app, still no luck.

By default if I call it takes me to the default dialer app.

any other settings required

I am using a Moto e 2 gen Volte phone .

Since you have native VoLTE support voice and video calls will be made using default dialer only.

This app works on my old S4 (India purchase). But do not work on Sprint HTC One M7.

When I tap on Configure it says "You are not allowed to use the application on this device. Please contact customer care care for further details". Guess Jio wont work on imported handsets, even thru Jio4GVoice app.

Edited by abhi.r
  • Like 1

This app works on my old S4 (India purchase). But do not work on Sprint HTC One M7.

When I tap on Configure it says "You are not allowed to use the application on this device. Please contact customer care care for further details". Guess Jio wont work on imported handsets, even thru Jio4GVoice app.

"You are not allowed to .....on this device." Because you have configured it on your other device.

Moto G3 doesnt support native video calling. JIO4GVoice (after update from JioJoin), doesnt enable voice/video call in this handset. However if i am connecting to JioFi Hotspot, it enables voice/video call for the hotspot number.

They disabled app based calling for handsets that supports VoLTE, good move! BUT, what about handsets that support VoLTE and dont have video calling support ?:wacko:

• Like 1

They are blocking imei of international devices , was using Jio sim in my sprint moto e , it worked fine for a day, but giving the same error message now.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Moto G3 doesnt support native video calling. JIO4GVoice (after update from JioJoin), doesnt enable voice/video call in this handset. However if i am connecting to JioFi Hotspot, it enables voice/video call for the hotspot number.

They disabled app based calling for handsets that supports VoLTE, good move! BUT, what about handsets that support VoLTE and dont have video calling support ?:wacko:

IMHO they should add an option to select/deselect native dialer for voice, video etc. so that video calls could be made even if the handset doen't support.

They are blocking imei of international devices , was using Jio sim in my sprint moto e , it worked fine for a day, but giving the same error message now.

Not all are blocked , samsung_i9505_galaxy_s4 working fine in Band 5 with Jiojoin

If they block IMEI then data will also not work, means SIM will fail to register.

Jio has confirmed their sims will not work properly in international handsets. If you want to avail all benefits use Indian handsets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMHO they should add an option to select/deselect native dialer for voice, video etc. so that video calls could be made even if the handset doen't support.

they did have video + voice support UNTIL the app became jio4gvoice. and now it says Jio4GVoice (SMS&Chat) Online in status. No more voice/video call. There is no way we can communicate this to the developer, the support email in playstore is care@jio.com :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

they did have video + voice support UNTIL the app became jio4gvoice. and now it says Jio4GVoice (SMS&Chat) Online in status. No more voice/video call. There is no way we can communicate this to the developer, the support email in playstore is care@jio.com :rolleyes: 

atleast are not forcing the update till now

Jiojoin works fine if you dont update 

On a VoLTE enabled handset (even if the app wrongly detects that the handset is VoLTE) it should show this. Try disabling VoLTE and see if dialing shows up.

Jio should fix Jio4GVoice ASAP.

If they block IMEI then data will also not work, means SIM will fail to register.

It says you are not allowed to use this app in your hardware device for assistance please contact customer care .

It says you are not allowed to use this app in your hardware device for assistance please contact customer care .

Non Indian handsets are a problem in Jio problems vary in magnitude. My Telsta HTC One M8 has data working on jio but calls fails in jio join end up as missed call in op number

Because you must have configured Jio4GVoice on a different hardware device for the same number - and now the number is attached to that hardware device. So if you try to activate Jio4GVoice on another hardware device it will not allow.

But it is working fine on other devices using jio voice, if that was the case it would not work on other deivces using jio voice.

But it is working fine on other devices using jio voice, if that was the case it would not work on other deivces using jio voice.

Jio4GVoice works attached to a Jio number as well as a Device IMEI or Serial.

In some handset Jio SIM is not properly recognized and cannot authenticate.

Please explain your scenario to be able to understand the exact situation.

Issue resolved, there was one step that was missed out due to which it was not working . That is under the network settings you need to enable Global. If you have it as LTE or any other option it would not work. Learned it the hard way

Issue resolved, there was one step that was missed out due to which it was not working . That is under the network settings you need to enable Global. If you have it as LTE or any other option it would not work. Learned it the hard way

Finally ! solved.:D updated main post with your solution - so that it may help others facing similar issue.

Edited by LTE4G

Jio4gvoice had issues in making calls in my HTC One M8 with jio sim in it but the same phone is able to make calls when i connect it to Jio Mifi is this deliberate blocking of foreign handsets by jio?

deliberate blocking of foreign handsets by jio?

By doing so how is Jio benefited ?

By doing so how is Jio benefited ?

Ask jio it's their policy

Non Indian handsets are a problem in Jio problems vary in magnitude. My Telsta HTC One M8 has data working on jio but calls fails in jio join end up as missed call in op number

How is your data working ? If  your IMEI is blocked then SIM should fail to register on the network.

Try to enable Global under Network settings in Jio4GVoice as mentioned at the end of my main post here.

Edited by LTE4G

atleast are not forcing the update till now

Jiojoin works fine if you dont update 

old apk no more works. I uninstalled and installed jiojoin apk and it forced me to upgrade