Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Jio4GVoice App (JioJoin)

It works. Post installing turn internet off. Then click on get Jio sim it will go to next page and give error as no internet connection is there. . Go back turn internet on and click immediately on get Jio sim. Follow the steps and check and it should work. I did the same last week to get a code.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

It works. Post installing turn internet off. Then click on get Jio sim it will go to next page and give error as no internet connection is there. . Go back turn internet on and click immediately on get Jio sim. Follow the steps and check and it should work. I did the same last week to get a code.

OT

I think @Ashokjp was talking about the old APK "JioJoin" and you are talking about "MyJio" for generating code to get Jio SIM.

OT

I think @Ashokjp was talking about the old APK "JioJoin" and you are talking about "MyJio" for generating code to get Jio SIM.

true:rolleyes:

Seems a buggy app or work only once. I had configured it on my mobile using mifi . Had to reset phone now won't register again. Seems jio is kuch dhinon ka mehaman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moto G3 doesnt support native video calling. JIO4GVoice (after update from JioJoin), doesnt enable voice/video call in this handset. However if i am connecting to JioFi Hotspot, it enables voice/video call for the hotspot number.

They disabled app based calling for handsets that supports VoLTE, good move! BUT, what about handsets that support VoLTE and dont have video calling support ?:wacko:

Hi ,

I have connected my moto g 2 to jioFi network and tried to configure the jio4Gvoice app using the sim inserted in the jioFi device.But it is not successful and i am stiil stuck in the welcome page of app.I am attaching the screen shots.Could you please provide a  solution?

I am quoting this becaus i am new to this forum and i dont know how to post my query.

Regard,

Gireesh

IMG-20160920-WA0035.jpg

@vygavedha have you enables GPS? Enabling GPS makes the process faster and use non-Airtel/Vodafone/Idea number for OTP...

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

@vygavedha have you enables GPS? Enabling GPS makes the process faster and use non-Airtel/Vodafone/Idea number for OTP...

kanaga jee its a jio app problem been struck here for pasy 2 days jio cc has taken complaint about app

I have not seen your reply.

Before that i have done the following steps which resolved the issue, but triggered next one.

I am using Moto g 3 with jio sim and a jioFi device.My wife is using moto g2. The issue with moto g2 tries to configure jio4Gvoice app after connecting to jioFi network.

Steps i followed

1 ) Replaced jioSim in moto g3 with sim in jioFi device and activated the jioFi sim by calling 1977.After that i put that sim in jioFi device and i was able to configure the jio4Gvocie app in moto g2.

2) But this triggered next issue. When i tried to use jio4Gvoice which was working perfectly in my moto g3 is not working properly. When i tried to make call using that app,it is redirecting me to the default dialer screen,

Any body had a suggestion to resolve the issue.

On 9/17/2016 at 5:16 PM, Dushie said:

Issue resolved, there was one step that was missed out due to which it was not working . That is under the network settings you need to enable Global. If you have it as LTE or any other option it would not work. Learned it the hard way

where's the option for enabling Global? Do you mean in the Jio4GVOICE app? I dont have it

Using OnePlus3 ,,,,if voice/video is disabled Jio4GVoice is useless for me...

pls suggest

On 22/9/2016 at 3:16 PM, vygavedha said:

I have not seen your reply.

Before that i have done the following steps which resolved the issue, but triggered next one.

I am using Moto g 3 with jio sim and a jioFi device.My wife is using moto g2. The issue with moto g2 tries to configure jio4Gvoice app after connecting to jioFi network.

Steps i followed

1 ) Replaced jioSim in moto g3 with sim in jioFi device and activated the jioFi sim by calling 1977.After that i put that sim in jioFi device and i was able to configure the jio4Gvocie app in moto g2.

2) But this triggered next issue. When i tried to use jio4Gvoice which was working perfectly in my moto g3 is not working properly. When i tried to make call using that app,it is redirecting me to the default dialer screen,

Any body had a suggestion to resolve the issue.

Clear app data and re-configure Jio4GVoice with the current SIM. It should work.

After inserting my jio sim in android device i downloaded jio4Gvoice app....i had to activate my jio sim therefore i needed to call 1977....but when i open ji4gvoice app it shows configure jio4gvoice using the number of the sim in this phone ....plz help

After inserting my jio sim in android device i downloaded jio4Gvoice app....i had to activate my jio sim therefore i needed to call 1977....but when i open ji4gvoice app it shows configure jio4gvoice using the number of the sim in this phone ....plz help

Which handset are you using if it is a non VoLTE device then you need to call the toll free number from your alternate number for tele verification . As jio join works only on a activated sim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 23/9/2016 at 6:18 PM, zapsterin said:

where's the option for enabling Global? Do you mean in the Jio4GVOICE app? I dont have it

Using OnePlus3 ,,,,if voice/video is disabled Jio4GVoice is useless for me...

pls suggest

You can only configure Jio4GVoice if data is working on your handset.

11 hours ago, Tajamul Sheikh said:

Did you activate data by calling 1800-890-1977 (Tele-verification) from your alternate/other mobile ? If yes then configure your Jio4GVoice with your number (Number allotted to you by Jio e.g. 700XXXXXXX ). If you don't know your number then check the welcome message sms sent by Jio to your alternate number. If you deleted the message then simply download MyJio app and log into your account by tapping Skip Sign in and you can see the number on the top.

Edited by LTE4G

Yes data is working, but jio4gvoice works only for sms.... Cannot find the option to set network to global.... Where to set it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

On 9/18/2016 at 11:50 PM, Ashokjp said:

old apk no more works. I uninstalled and installed jiojoin apk and it forced me to upgrade

Any Luck Ashok JP?

On 9/25/2016 at 0:25 PM, neerajayshree said:

Any Luck Ashok JP?

nop

On 25/9/2016 at 9:05 AM, zapsterin said:

Yes data is working, but jio4gvoice works only for sms.... Cannot find the option to set network to global.... Where to set it?

Did you complete your Tele-verification for data by calling 1800-890-1977 from your alternate number ?

After doing so you will be able to use Jio4GVoice to dial 1977 and tele-verify for activating voice. Only then your Jio4Gvoice will start working for voice & video calls.

Otherwise insert the sim in any VoLTE handset and dial 1977 directly for Tele-verification for activating voice. Therafter you can put the sim back in your non VoLTE handset and configure Jio4GVoice app to use voice and video calls.

Voice and Video call will not work until you dial 1977 and tele-verify once again.

Added instructions for non-VoLTE handsets users in the main topic.

Edited by LTE4G

Also the same sim when used in jio mifi can make calls using jio4gvoice app on the same mobile

Its already tely verified. 
I have a volte device and able to make calls using phone dialer. 
My concern is jio4gvoice doesn't allow calling.... It forces ise of phone dialer for calls. 
You had mentioned some option to set network as global instead of lte. Where is this option,? 
Is volte enabled phone allowed to make calls or video calls using jio4gvoice? 

2 hours ago, zapsterin said:

Also the same sim when used in jio mifi can make calls using jio4gvoice app on the same mobile

Its already tely verified. 
I have a volte device and able to make calls using phone dialer. 
My concern is jio4gvoice doesn't allow calling.... It forces ise of phone dialer for calls. 
You had mentioned some option to set network as global instead of lte. Where is this option,? 
Is volte enabled phone allowed to make calls or video calls using jio4gvoice? 

No!

Voice & Video calls will not work using Jio4GVoice in a VoLTE enabled phone.

Voice & Video Calls will work with default dialler only on a VoLTE enabled phone.

Making calls through VoLTE feature is more stable plus it doesn't use your mobile data (voice as well as video works even if data is kept 'off' whereas you need to keep data constantly 'on' for Jio4GVoice app to work).

Why you want to use Jio4GVoice app instead? Any specific reason.

You can try this -> Manually Disable VoLTE and Reboot -> Then try using Jio4GVoice and see if it works.

Edited by LTE4G

The only reason i need it for video calls since its not available in OnePlus3....

12 hours ago, zapsterin said:

The only reason i need it for video calls since its not available in OnePlus3....

Go to Mobile network (Cellular Network) and try disabling VoLTE (Switch off Enhanced 4G LTE Mode and reboot).

Re-install Jio4GVoice and see if works or not.

Edited by LTE4G

Why does a non-4G phone show Jio4GVoice always as offline if configured with a Jiofi device?

Have been breaking my head over this strange problem. This is after correctly configuring the phone with the JioFi number with OTP etc.

After everything goes ok, am finally stuck with the status always showing offline. Is it a bug with using Jiofi? Anyone has any solutions?

Why does a non-4G phone show Jio4GVoice always as offline if configured with a Jiofi device?

Have been breaking my head over this strange problem. This is after correctly configuring the phone with the JioFi number with OTP etc.

After everything goes ok, am finally stuck with the status always showing offline. Is it a bug with using Jiofi? Anyone has any solutions?

jio is not at all allowing jio join on volte phones. That's expected as they know that their jio join app is sh!t...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

jio is not at all allowing jio join on volte phones. That's expected as they know that their jio join app is sh!t...

Hi Kanaga, but I'm using it on a non-VoLTE Moto X phone. Even then it is always offline

Hi Kanaga, but I'm using it on a non-VoLTE Moto X phone. Even then it is always offline

Yeah, that's why I said the jio 4g voice app is sh!t / unreliable..