Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Jio4GVoice App (JioJoin)

Jio has provided details regarding Jio4GVoice app at

https://www.jio.com/en-in/apps/jio-4g-voice (Link updated)

https://www.jio.com/en-in/apps/jio-join

Read the FAQ's carefully at the bottom of the page - will help to solve issue as well as clear several confusions too. A few of them are here.

• Calling features are disabled on JioJoin for VoLTE phones as they are already available natively.
  • Jio4GVoice brings 4G HD voice & video calling on your existing 2G / 3G, LTE smartphone & Rich Communication features on all smartphones including VoLTE phones. It uses the Jio SIM number (which becomes your Jio4GVoice’s app number). In addition to app-to-app calls, it lets you make & receive calls from any mobile/ landline number. It allows you to send SMS to any mobile user. It also has chat, file sharing & never-seen-before Rich calling features.

• I have enabled the 'Grant Write Settings Permission' to JioJoin but am not able to proceed. What should I do?

This is a standard Marshmallow (Android M) permission required by JioJoin app to proceed. If you have enabled ‘Grant Write Settings Permission’ but are still not able to proceed:

1. Tap on 'Grant Write Settings Permission'

2. Scroll down the list of apps & select JioJoin

3. Turn off the ‘Allow Modify system settings’ slider

4. Turn on the ‘Allow Modify system settings’ slider to enable it once again

Go back and continue with the registration process
  • How can I start using Jio4GVoice?

1. You can download Jio4GVoice from Google Playstore. Please note Jio4GVoice is currently available only on Android phones running OS 4.0 & above.

2. After downloading it, you have to configure it using a Jio SIM.

3. If you have a 4G phone, you can just insert a Jio SIM & configure it.

4. If you have a JioFi with Jio SIM, you can configure any 2G/3G/4G smart phone with it. Once you configure Jio4GVoice, the phone number of Jio SIM with which it is configured becomes the phone number of the app & the app is ready to be used.

• Can I use Jio4GVoice with any kind of data connectivity?
    Yes, you can connect JioJoin with any kind of data connectivity provided the Jio SIM is present in your device.
    But if the app is configured using JioFi SIM, then you can use JioJoin only when the phone is connected to the JioFi SIM with which it was configured initially.
    Presently, it can only be used with Jio's network.
  • When does Jio4GVoice app get connected?

JioFi: When Jio4GVoice has been configured with a JioFi SIM, then it will go to connected state only if the phone is connected to the same JioFi SIM with which it was configured.
    OR
    Jio SIM: When Jio4GVoice has been configured with a Jio SIM in the device, then it will go to connected state when the phone is connected to Jio Network any 4G data / Wi-Fi/ other mobile data, provided Jio SIM is still in the device.
  • Important : If your Jio4GVoice is giving error you may need to make the following changes - under the Network settings enable Global. LTE or any other option may not work.
  • Can I configure Jio4GVoice using the personal Hotspot of my phone with a Jio SIM?

Jio4GVoice cannot be configured using any personal Hotspot even if it belongs to a Jio SIM.
    You can configure Jio4GVoice in 2 ways:
    1) On any smartphone by connecting to a JioFi with a Jio SIM in it
    2) On an LTE DO phone by inserting a Jio SIM in the phone. (DO =Data Only/non-VoLTE)

Please follow this before attempting to configure Jio4GVoice:

Before inserting the SIM in a non - VoLTE handset you must activate data by dialing 1800-890-1977 from your alternate number and completing Tele-verification by punching the last 4 digits of your POI / Aadhar Card when asked to do so.

Now insert the SIM in your non-VoLTE handset.

Now once the data gets activated you can download Jio4GVoice and configure it. (Sometime though the data starts working but still it will not be possible to configure Jio4GVoice immediately due to late updating in servers - so wait for approx. 1 hour maximum before trying anything else.)

IMPORTANT: Once the Jio4GVoice is configured using OTP, you will still not be able to make calls (SMS will work but no calls) unless you first dial 1977 and re tele-verify to activate voice services.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Yes, you can connect JioJoin with any kind of data connectivity provided the Jio SIM is present in your device.

Does this mean that I can use JioJoin overseas as well and using Wifi i can receive and make calls? An alternative to expensive international roaming?

3 minutes ago, nibin said:

Does this mean that I can use JioJoin overseas as well and using Wifi i can receive and make calls? An alternative to expensive international roaming?

this was not true.  i tried with other wifi networks

6 minutes ago, nibin said:

It is still a matter of legal controversy in India for other operators as Jio subscruber can use their data pack too for calling.

But just like you can call from skype etc. - Jio has the license for making/receiving calls from app to any number using Jio number as ID. Whatsapp etc can call from app to app only using number as ID.

Discussed in my post http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37870-vowifi/?do=findComment&comment=331689

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gpkumaran said:

Yes. You are right. I just tried now and it didn't work either on my home wifi.

So, it requires you to be connected to Jio network either through Jio 4g or Jio wifi I believe.

9 minutes ago, nibin said:

So, it requires you to be connected to Jio network either through Jio 4g or Jio wifi I believe.

Wait and see what happens in future.;)

At present even normal calling is facing issue because of blocking by other operators so how can you expect to call using other network.

But the app is designed to work as described by Jio on their website.

I have already mentioned about the catch here: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37870-vowifi/?do=findComment&comment=331689

Edited by LTE4G
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, gpkumaran said:

9 hours ago, nibin said:

Read this post

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37870-vowifi/?do=findComment&comment=331797

49 minutes ago, praveenwarrier said:

Jio join renamed to Jio4G Voice with added features

http://goo.gl/yCjkzF

Thread title changed to Jio4GVoice.

Thread title changed to Jio4GVoice.

But it's still not available for iPhone AFAIK 

But it's still not available for iPhone AFAIK 

Yes.. But VoLTE works in iPhone6 onwards including 5SE.. The reason is apple wants you to buy their higher cost phones and are NOT happy to see the 5S as the most sold iPhone in India..

• Like 1

Yes.. But VoLTE works in iPhone6 onwards including 5SE.. The reason is apple wants you to buy their higher cost phones and are NOT happy to see the 5S as the most sold iPhone in India..

That's true but what I meant was if we had JIO4g calling app for iPhone it will become a virtual dual sim phone with the main aim from AVOID or BSNL or other sim in main sim slot and JIO wipod as secondary number

I have a query with regard to the app. For non volte mobiles jiojoin is the only option to make calls.Will the data consumed by jiojoin be chargeable from the data balance or be free like data used for volte calls 

I have a query with regard to the app. For non volte mobiles jiojoin is the only option to make calls.Will the data consumed by jiojoin be chargeable from the data balance or be free like data used for volte calls 

Data used for voice call or sms will be free.

Only data used for video calls will be chargeable.

But while making a video call in my VoLTE phone I don't have to keep data connection on. Video calls work with data off in VoLTE - so does this mean that VoLTE users will be exempted from video data charges?

Data used for voice call or sms will be free.

Only data used for video calls will be chargeable.

But while making a video call in my VoLTE phone I don't have to keep data connection on. Video calls work with data off in VoLTE - so does this mean that VoLTE users will be exempted from video data charges?

Even cc have no clarity on jio join usage for calls. As per official release jio apps will remain free till 2017 but data used by them shall be chargeable so if that's the case it would become costly calling. Need more clarity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If i may suggest, buying a Dual SIM 4G VoLTE Smartphone [supporting all Indian LTE Bands] would be the best option. in such cases, never install / uninstall all Pre-installed RJio Apps [Lyf phones] so that Voice would be absolutely free!

If Jio4GVoice App [Jio Join] is used via JioFi2, Background Data consumption mayn't be avoided, that's what AVOID cartel is saying!

best wishes

Edited by Hejmady
  • Like 1

If i may suggest, buying a Dual SIM 4G VoLTE Smartphone [supporting all Indian LTE Bands] would be the best option. in such cases, never install / uninstall all Pre-installed RJio Apps [Lyf phones] so that Voice would be absolutely free!

Absolutely right! I also vouch for VoLTE hanset with Band 3/5/40.

If Jio4GVoice App [Jio Join] is used via JioFi2, Background Data consumption mayn't be avoided, that's what AVOID cartel is saying!

Jio4GVoice IMS calls are processed by the subscriber's S-CSCF (Serving Call State Control Function) in the LTE network. The connection to the S-CSCF is via the P-CSCF (Proxy Call State Control Function). RJio easily detects the amount of data used for voice calls and can deduct the amount from the total data  consumption. But the user has to trust RJio for whatever is considered for voice data rebate while billing / accounting data.

Using VoLTE frees the user from facing such situation as the calls are handled independently and not through the normal data connection.

Big reason for VoLTE consideration against Jio4GVoice.

Edited by LTE4G

Jio4GVoice IMS calls are processed by the subscriber's S-CSCF (Serving Call State Control Function) in the LTE network. The connection to the S-CSCF is via the P-CSCF (Proxy Call State Control Function). RJio easily detects the amount of data used for voice calls and can deduct the amount from the total data  consumption. But the user has to trust RJio for whatever is considered for voice data rebate while billing / accounting data.

Using VoLTE frees the user from facing such situation as the calls are handled independently and not through the normal data connection.

Just to shift a mobile like HTC One M8 for absence of VoLTE doesn't make sense many of the handsets listed in JWO are non VoLTE mobiles too. Hence jio has to work it out how to accommodate such users. If having a VoLTE based mobile is the only way to hold on jio network I'd rather stay on with chors AVoId rather than spending a good amount on a VoLTE handset

Absolutely right! I also vouch for VoLTE hanset with Band 3/5/40.

• Never ever trust the Ambanis, especially the Big boss who scripted, directed & implemented the RCom CDMA-4G Upgrade mess, the younger one is just the delivery boy!
  • do not ever Port your Primary No. to RJio.
  • never ever install  / uninstall the Pre-installed [Lyf phones] RJio Apps on your smartphone.
  • if possible, buy a Dual SIM 4G VoLTE smartphone supporting all Indian LTE bands.
  • enjoy the Free RJio services till December 31, 2016 & beyond [likely to be extended till March31, 2017]

best wishes

• Never ever trust the Ambanis, especially the Big boss who scripted, directed & implemented the RCom CDMA-4G Upgrade mess, the younger one is just the delivery boy!
  • do not ever Port your Primary No. to RJio.
  • never ever install  / uninstall the Pre-installed [Lyf phones] RJio Apps on your smartphone.
  • if possible, buy a Dual SIM 4G VoLTE smartphone supporting all Indian LTE bands.
  • enjoy the Free RJio services till December 31, 2016 & beyond [likely to be extended till March31, 2017]

best wishes

True on majority issues Bade Bhaiya is the architect beyond the cdma 4g mess.Younger one is just finding ways to come out of financial mess he got chorcom into even after looting customers.Porting would be individual choice since AVoId cant persist with call blocking for long as already TRAI has denied the request of hiking IUC charges dismissing their claims and logic. Like you said if people dual sim volte phones and Bade Bhaiya hits the master stroke of MNP many people would shift to Jio leaving AVoId group. Free calls aur data kisko aacha nahi lagtha. Post the free period if Jio services not satisfactory people still have the MNP tool. But only one thing is it is a two edged sword if by chance Jio services go bad ( not possible though is my view) AVoId will fleece customers.

Just for the sake of we mango man customers hope Jio continues its revolution forcing AVoId to scale down and offer better services at cheap rates so we as customers can have the better of two worlds

Other reasons why RJIO should be treated as a pass time number:- Deliberate encoding and locking of EARFCN, wrong band reporting, 850 to 1800 handover is way below industry standards. RSRQ depletes as soon as data is consumed. Enode-B controls the UE which is not a transparent approach by JIO. There is no synchronous between SINR and RSRP. 1800 Mhz is a premium LTE band used worldwide with stable throughout but strangely it appears damaged in JIO. Whatever speeds users are getting is mainly due to 850 mhz contained from Reliance CDMA 800 Mhz. Jio has the worst band 40 propagation in the history of telecommunications. Jio Join and Jio4GVoice are buggy. They give out two loud speaker damaging clicks whenever an outgoing call is made. Enode-Bs catering to 1800 have normal footprint as calibrated but 850 mhz PCI are much more than estimated. On the whole, voice is thoroughly compromised due to evident reasons, RJIO may need to deploy separate chunk for volte for stable performance.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Other reasons why RJIO should be treated as a pass time number:- Deliberate encoding and locking of EARFCN, wrong band reporting, 850 to 1800 handover is way below industry standards. RSRQ depletes as soon as data is consumed. Enode-B controls the UE which is not a transparent approach by JIO. There is no synchronous between SINR and RSRP. 1800 Mhz is a premium LTE band used worldwide with stable throughout but strangely it appears damaged in JIO. Whatever speeds users are getting is mainly due to 850 mhz contained from Reliance CDMA 800 Mhz. Jio has the worst band 40 propagation in the history of telecommunications. Jio Join and Jio4GVoice are buggy. They give out two loud speaker damaging clicks whenever an outgoing call is made. Enode-Bs catering to 1800 have normal footprint as calibrated but 850 mhz PCI are much more than estimated. On the whole, voice is thoroughly compromised due to evident reasons, RJIO may need to deploy separate chunk for volte for stable performance.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

Whew!

The most buggy app I have come across unless you allow it to record calls won't allow you to make calls even after granting permission never makes calls always unable to establish call error but other number without a ring gets a missed call. I guess non VoLTE mobile users are better of staying away from jio too many bugs