Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

JioCloud (JioDrive)

Yes ! JioDrive is now renamed as JioCloud.

Default link https://www.jio.com/en-in/apps/jio-cloud

Desktop version for Mac & Windows as well as iOS & Android can be downloaded from : https://www.jiocloud.com/downloadApp/

Web login page : https://book.jiodrive.com/web/  &  https://www.jiocloud.com/

Read the FAQs in details from this link : https://static.jiocloud.com/faq.html & https://static.jiodrive.com/faq.html

Some important FAQs are here :

Jio Cloud, with up to 5GB storage is free,
Charges for up to 50 GB storage.........₹50 / 30 days
Charges for up to 200 GB storage......₹150 / 30 days
Charges for up to 1TB storage............₹500 /30 days
All charges are inclusive of Taxes.

On which devices can I use JioCloud?

• JioCloud supports three different types of client platforms - Mobile, Desktop and Web.
  1. Mobile: Android (OS version 4.0 and above) - Smartphone and Tablet. iOS (7.0 and above) - iPhone and iPad
  2. Desktop: Windows 7, Windows 8. MAC OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) & 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), and 10.11 (El Capitan).
  3. Web: Microsoft Internet Explorer - latest two versions. Mozilla Firefox - latest two versions. Apple Safari - version 6. Google Chrome - latest version.

Can I use JioCloud with more than one device?

• Yes. JioCloud can be associated with only three mobile devices and three tablets at any given point of time, but there is no limit on the number of PCs. After the limit is reached, you can use it on a new mobile device by removing one of the existing devices.

How much does JioCloud cost?

• JioCloud app is free to use. JioCloud gives storage space according to the JioCloud plan you have purchased. You can find the free storage quota applicable to you from the settings screen of the app provided you haven't purchased any storage from us. If you need additional storage, please visit www.jio.com and select JioCloud plans available in recharge section.

Am I eligible to subscribe to JioCloud?

• If you have an active Jio account, you are eligible to subscribe to JioCloud, regardless of the type of mobile device you have. JioCloud offers a wide variety of ways to access the content you have stored in your account (e.g. computer, mobile phone, tablet and web browser).

When I sign in to JioCloud, do I use the same sign-in information as My Jio?

• Yes. Use the same sign-in credentials you use to sign in to My Jio. If you have changed your My Jio credentials, please sign in to JioCloud with the new credentials.

Can I watch videos and listen to songs available on JioCloud without downloading them?

• Yes, with JioCloud you can watch videos and listen to songs from any device without downloading them. However, you need to be connected to the internet to view the content.

Can I pause file sync since JioCloud is consuming lot of bandwidth?

• Yes, Sync can be paused on the desktop. On the mobile app Contact Sync cannot be paused or cancelled. Media Sync cannot be paused and can only be cancelled by clicking on the X button while the sync is in progress and then clicking on ‘Cancel backup’ on the pop-up window.If you feel that the sync will consume a lot of bandwidth then you can prevent file sync by unselecting all the file types in the ‘What to Back Up’ section of the settings. Alternatively you can select ‘WiFi Only’ as the option in ‘How to Back Up’ settings so that your mobile bandwidth doesn’t get consumed for syncing files from the device.

How many of my text messages will sync to JioCloud?

• When you first sync your device with JioCloud, all text messages from the previous 90 days will get backed up to the cloud. From that time, all new text messages sent or received on your device will also get backed up to the Drive. When you switch to a new device, you can restore all your text messages that are saved to JioCloud to your new device.
  • Notes:The first time you sync to JioCloud, it may take a long time, depending on how many text messages and how much other content you have to sync. The first sync should always be done over WiFi and with your device connected to a wall charger. When you delete a text or multimedia message from your phone, it will also be deleted from the Drive

How do I know how much JioCloud storage space I have consumed? How do I add more online storage?

• On the JioCloud desktop application, mobile application and tablet application, a storage progress bar is available in Summary and settings screens that tells you the amount of storage used as against the amount of total quota in your account. If you would like to add more online storage, please select the Upgrade option and follow the instructions.

How do I sync my address book with JioCloud?

• You need to include contacts by visiting the Settings screen and checking the Contacts box in the 'What to backup' option. Your address book gets synced at regular intervals as per your choice. Please note that you can initiate sync by clicking on Sync Now manually and all changes from previous sync get backed up immediately.
  • Notes: JioCloud syncs the address book with a copy of the same in the cloud, hence the changes made by you from other devices also reflect in the current device's address book.

Can I use JioCloud to transfer my address book to another phone?

• Yes. Please check if you have uploaded your contacts from old phone to JioCloud by visiting the contacts screen in JioCloud. Once all contacts from old phone are uploaded to JioCloud, visit Settings screen and checking the Contacts box in the 'What to backup' option. As part of the first sync, all your contacts will get transferred to your device.

Can I access my data stored in JioCloud after expiry of current pack's validity period?

• Yes. Only further uploads will be prevented if you don't have free storage space applicable after expiry of validity period. Please note your storage quota gets reduced by amount of storage space of the expired storage pack.

I bought a new phone. Can I restore files in my old phone to new phone?

• You can restore files backed up from your old phone to new phone by using 'Content restore' feature in tools section. If you have stored contents of multiple phones, you can select any of those phones and restore them to your new phone.

JioCloud is a good initiative by Jio with lot of features making life easier especially for a Mobile user.

Happy Clouding !!

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, invisiblebond said:

Active Jio account only :angry:

Obviously!

It is Jio specific service provided for its own Users only.

All Jio Services whether JioTV, JioMusic, JioSecurity or JioCInema etc is Only for its own subscribers.

So now its Buy 1 get 1 Free ... Oh Buy 1 get Many Free...:D

Jio Cloud, with up to 5GB storage is free,
Charges for up to 50 GB storage.........₹50 / 30 days
Charges for up to 200 GB storage......₹150 / 30 days
Charges for up to 1TB storage............₹500 /30 days
All charges are inclusive of Taxes.

At present it is FREE unlimited but since 1st January 2017 charges will be applicable if used beyond 5 GB.

There are many well known cloud drives that offer upto 50GB free of cost (special offers come from time to time). So why would anyone pay. Plus there are still doubts about the privacy issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, commonman said:

There are many well known cloud drives that offer upto 50GB free of cost (special offers come from time to time). So why would anyone pay. Plus there are still doubts about the privacy issues.

These days most cloud service providers have started squeezing/reducing the free limit - even Microsoft has reduced its One Drive limit from 15GB to 5GB saying that by doing so they can improve the quality of service.

Reference Links http://phandroid.com/2016/04/22/microsoft-onedrive-storage-reduction-july-27/

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/get-back-the-10gb-of-free-onedrive-storage-microsoft-is-taking-away/

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3060736/microsoft-windows/microsoft-gives-onedrive-users-until-july-to-shrink-their-storage.html

• How secure is my content on JioCloud?
  • Any access to the data and content on JioCloud is security validated and protected. The data stored can only be retrieved by authorized system services. The transmission of content happens through a secure HTTPS channel and the entire environment is continuously monitored and audited for security controls.

Additional interesting feature of JioCloud apart from contact sync and file sync (Backup):

Text Message Synchronization :-

• How many of my text messages will sync to JioCloud?

When you first sync your device with JioCloud, all text messages from the previous 90 days will get backed up to the cloud. From that time, all new text messages sent or received on your device will also get backed up to the JioCloud. When you switch to a new device, you can restore all your text messages that are saved to JioCloud to your new device.

Notes:The first time you sync to JioCloud, it may take a long time, depending on how many text messages and how much other content you have to sync. The first sync should always be done over WiFi and with your device connected to a wall charger. When you delete a text or multimedia message from your phone, it will also be deleted from the Drive

• I bought a new phone. Can I restore files in my old phone to new phone?

You can restore files backed up from your old phone to new phone by using 'Content restore' feature in tools section. If you have stored contents of multiple phones, you can select any of those phones and restore them to your new phone.

You can read the terms Here http://self-service.jiodrive.com/jdocs/jdtandc.html

" When you use the Services, you provide Reliance Jio with your Content including, text, audio and video files, email messages, photographs, contact lists, etc. All Content uploaded by you shall be either owned by you or by the respective third party owners, as the case may be. Reliance Jio shall not have any rights with respect to the Content uploaded by you except for the limited rights to use, access, and retain your Content in order to provide the Service to you and enforce the terms of the Agreement, and you give us all permissions we need to do so. These permissions include, for example, the rights to copy your Content for backup purposes, technically modify your Content to enable access in different formats, use information about your Content to organize them on your behalf, and access your Content to provide technical support. Reliance Jio respects your privacy and your Content is subject to the Privacy Policy."

Privacy statement Here http://self-service.jiodrive.com/jdocs/jdprivacypolicy.html

JioCloud is free and is not compulsory - so if anyone wants to use he can use it - Best part is you don't have to remember separate password to login.;)

Edited by LTE4G

On 10/5/2017 at 7:15 PM, Sourav Mitra said:

how can i upgrade to 1tb plan.

They have removed the upgrade option from the website at present.