Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
d_d

ChoRcom serves shocker bill

Today, received the bill for my postpaid net connection, My plan had been changed from Pro3_799_7GBDY7GBNGT to 4G_675_3GB the last month itself, but I had not noticed since the amount was not much different, the new plan being operative only for a few days. Usually my bill is around Rs 900/-, but when I received this month's bill, I was shocked, it was Rs 1856! They have allowed only 3 GB and then have charged Rs 939 for "Mobile Internet" of 1834 MB! I tried calling customer care, but it is not accepting my selection of options at all. Anybody else got such a bill? Any suggestions how to proceed?

Bill details.gif

Bill header.gif

This plan doesn't seem to be Unlimited 3GB (Throttling after quota). They've clearly mentioned extra charges under non-discounted usage. Check the welcome mail you got post tariff change. Btw, who changed your tariff? Did they do it forcefully?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, d_d said:

Today, received the bill for my postpaid net connection, My plan had been changed from Pro3_799_7GBDY7GBNGT to 4G_675_3GB the last month itself, but I had not noticed since the amount was not much different, the new plan being operative only for a few days. Usually my bill is around Rs 900/-, but when I received this month's bill, I was shocked, it was Rs 1856! They have allowed only 3 GB and then have charged Rs 939 for "Mobile Internet" of 1834 MB! I tried calling customer care, but it is not accepting my selection of options at all. Anybody else got such a bill? Any suggestions how to proceed?

Bill details.gif

Bill header.gif

Finally !!

As expected Rcom has started REWARDING their loyal customers (those who still have not dumped Rcom) with Surprise bills.

I would suggest to clear the bill and port out immediately.

Since it's just a data card plan only, just don't pay the bill and ask to close the connection. Use jio sim till then

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Oh ! My mistake. I didn't notice it was data card.

I was earlier having 5GB @ 246 add on pack in CDMA postpaid which they converted to 4G. Last month, they sent SMS that its being "upgraded" to 1 GB for 251, but when the bill came it was at old rates. This month again received a similar sms. Then also received warning sms that I have used 90% and then 100% of allotted data and now normal tariff would apply. My billing cycle is 1st. So lets see what comes. 

15 minutes ago, commonman said:

I was earlier having 5GB @ 246 add on pack in CDMA postpaid which they converted to 4G. Last month, they sent SMS that its being "upgraded" to 1 GB for 251, but when the bill came it was at old rates. This month again received a similar sms. Then also received warning sms that I have used 90% and then 100% of allotted data and now normal tariff would apply. My billing cycle is 1st. So lets see what comes. 

"Keep your fingers crossed"

Rcom is known for unexpected Shocking Surprises.

8 hours ago, ACS said:

This plan doesn't seem to be Unlimited 3GB (Throttling after quota). They've clearly mentioned extra charges under non-discounted usage. Check the welcome mail you got post tariff change. Btw, who changed your tariff? Did they do it forcefully?

I did not get any welcome mail post tariff change or SMS. I noticed the change only in my last bill, much after payment, when my net got blocked and started investigating what's happening. I had complained to customercare@relianceada.com on 3 Sept 2016 and on 20 Sept 2016 to Rcomappellateauthority.Kerala@relianceada.com protesting at the unilateral reduction from 14GB / month to 3GB/month! So far no reply.

This appellate authority, are they Reliance employees or independent people?

Well, it may turn out to be a minor headache in explaining this to the lok adalat.. but you have a strong case if you don't pay the bill & they end up serving you a legal notice..

9 minutes ago, ACS said:

Well, it may turn out to be a minor headache in explaining this to the lok adalat.. but you have a strong case if you don't pay the bill & they end up serving you a legal notice..

Adalat, I can fight. Only if they start sending goondas...

Do they have to maintain plan only for 6 months? I had purchased the device on 15-1-16 for Rs 2200/- with a new number and plan, since my old device stopped working. And then in August 2016, I purchased the Wipod 4G/LTE for Rs 900/- for upgradation to 4G!

Receipt for device_01.png

1 hour ago, d_d said:

I did not get any welcome mail post tariff change or SMS. I noticed the change only in my last bill, much after payment, when my net got blocked and started investigating what's happening. I had complained to customercare@relianceada.com on 3 Sept 2016 and on 20 Sept 2016 to Rcomappellateauthority.Kerala@relianceada.com protesting at the unilateral reduction from 14GB / month to 3GB/month! So far no reply.

This appellate authority, are they Reliance employees or independent people?

You did notice the changes in your last bill but did not took any corrective measure to change/upgrade your Plan from the options available/offered under 4G - so I think they will not consider anything and will insist you paying the bill.

It is useless arguing what was your previous Plan (CDMA) because after upgrade you can only choose a Plan from the options offered to you by Rcom.

Similarly Jio has also mentioned under Terms & Conditions that :

1. There will be no increase in any tariff item (except ISD) till six months from the date of your enrolment to the plan. Thereafter,RJIL reserves the right to revise the terms & condition applicable to tariff plans.
  2. RJIL reserves the right to vary the penal charge rates periodically, as well as take recourse to any other action available and considered appropriate, subject to TRAI regulations. "

Download Statement and you can see the terms clearly mentioned in it.

Rcom is no exception - And upgrade does not mean a new or fresh connection, so they are at liberty to revise their tariff any time.

Best option is to close the connection immediately otherwise Rcom will keep billing month by month and things will get worse if not better IMHO.

Rest is up to you - I just shared what others have experienced in the past under such situation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LTE4G said:

they are at liberty to revise their tariff any time.

Yes, but can they charge exorbitant rates without my concurrence?

I hope there will be more customers in my situation and we can fight together.

No use in fighting with ChoRCom. Fighting with them will be like fighting with pig in drainage. You will get dirty, but the pig will be enjoying the fight. Stay away from the pig as early as possible to avoid getting dirty...!!

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, d_d said:

Be wise and close the connection immediately to avoid any further complications.

@KanagaDeepan Absolutely Right ! I  agree with you.

they wont close ur connection unless ur outstanding is nil

3 hours ago, nitink said:

they wont close ur connection unless ur outstanding is nil

I had already sent them an email to terminate the connection before I got this bill, and I have not used this connection since then. Do I need to pay the bill and close the connection? I tried Customer Care and seem to have made it a complete automatic system, with you having to press several option numbers several times. Finally for the option billing complaints, they said an executive will contact you. But so far, no news.

I had already sent them an email to terminate the connection before I got this bill, and I have not used this connection since then. Do I need to pay the bill and close the connection? I tried Customer Care and seem to have made it a complete automatic system, with you having to press several option numbers several times. Finally for the option billing complaints, they said an executive will contact you. But so far, no news.

They won't close the account unless outstanding is nill. U better go to their reliance world and get it terminated from there. Else they will continue sending I bills irrespective if u use the phone /data card or not

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, d_d said:

Visit the Reliance Store personally and request them to close/terminate the connection with immediate effect. They will try to lure you by offering some lucrative special plans or will promise to take up your matter also - But don't listen to them as there will be no outcome and you will get stuck for few more days and further adding to your outstanding amount.

Once you confirm/insist - they will calculate the total amount pending as on that date and you will have to clear the payment immediately over the cash counter. Thereafter they will accept your request and within 72 Hours your account will close. You may also receive a confirmation call during this.

Later you will receive one more Bill (Last) after the current Billing cycle, for some minor amount (₹ 3.00 - 10.00 etc.) which you should pay by visiting the Store again so that your account gets permanently closed finally.

If you have recently purchased 4G WiPod (Reliance Locked) then you can either simply convert the connection to prepaid by following the same process as above and keep it as prepaid connection with minimum ₹20.00 as main balance with lifetime validity.

Best of Luck!!

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Reliance is chorcom! I am on 4G_1299 plan where 4Gb data is allocated. My billing date ends on 26th. I received a message on 26th that 90% of data is consumed, after that I switched off mobile data. But when I received my bill, I was shocked beyond disbelief! They have sent me a bill of upward 2500 Rs. for consuming extra of 5 GB.

Now what to do?

The Telecom Consumers Protection (Eighth Amendment) Regulations, 2015 (5 Of 2015) (attached) says:  the service provider shall provide to the consumer, through SMS or USSD, the details of tariff applicable on usage of data beyond the quantum of data available in the account of the consumer.

It is clear that Chorcom has not followed this rule. If a large number number of customers complain, they will have to take cognizance.

201508070215272688393tcpr.pdf

2 hours ago, d_d said:

The Telecom Consumers Protection (Eighth Amendment) Regulations, 2015 (5 Of 2015) (attached) says:  the service provider shall provide to the consumer, through SMS or USSD, the details of tariff applicable on usage of data beyond the quantum of data available in the account of the consumer.

It is clear that Chorcom has not followed this rule. If a large number number of customers complain, they will have to take cognizance.

Do you really think all this will be heard. As everyone suggested terminate get a confirmation and live peacefully.Chorcom has already stooped to low levels and they wont mind going lower in your best interest terminate at the earliest

2 hours ago, d_d said:

Even if GOD comes down and say, "Anil bhai, aisa mat karo [Anil bro, don't do that]", ChoRCom will NEVER listen... Cheating is in their DNA...

On 9/30/2016 at 9:01 AM, BihariSarpanch said:

Reliance is chorcom! I am on 4G_1299 plan where 4Gb data is allocated. My billing date ends on 26th. I received a message on 26th that 90% of data is consumed, after that I switched off mobile data. But when I received my bill, I was shocked beyond disbelief! They have sent me a bill of upward 2500 Rs. for consuming extra of 5 GB.

Now what to do?

Are you using Instacare. If yes, first generate the data usage details for the period from the app and keep a screenshot. 

Number can still be cancelled even if there's a dispute, to avoid further billing. If customer care doesn't agree then it gets auto suspended (bill stoppage) & later terminated after 3-4 weeks

I received a reply to my first email to Chorcom appellate authority as below:

We have gone through your e-mail dated September 20, 2016 for your Reliancenet connect +  number xxxxxxxxxx and regret the inconvenience caused.

As per telephonic conversation had with you on your numberxxxxxxxxxx for your issue regarding plan change without your confirmation, The company is entitled to change, vary, add, withdraw any
services and/or charges, vary, add, alter, delete, withdraw any / all charges, discount, surcharges, tariff, etc. at any time in its sole discretion for one, more
or all of its subscribers except in the case of discounts or other special benefits or schemes / plans announced by
the company from time to time and which are valid for specified period. The company will comply to
all TRAI directions / regulation.
Kindly note that as per the norms, we always keep sending such information (like activation/deactivation of any services and if changes in your account) through calls/ SMS. Incase, you have not received any information in this regard, there might be some technical error (i.g: SMS expired or not attend our calls). Although all activation and deactivation are updated in our records, as per your request. Since, it is completely automated not a manual systems updation.
has been discussed and addressed over the call.

Assuring you of our best services always.

Thank you for choosing Reliance.

Regards,

Appellate Authority
Kerala

--- Original Message ---
On September 20, 2016 at 2:05 PM, "xxxx" <xxxx@xxxx> wrote:

>Dear Sir,
>
>I was a subscriber to the Internet Plan  Pro3_799_7GBDY7GBNGT, however, they have recently migrated me to 4G_675_3GB, without my concurrence. Copy of the last invoice showing both plans is attached. How can they just change from 14GB to 3GB? This is totally illegal.
>
>I request you to kindly instruct Rcom to reinstate my original plan.
>

The reply is along expected lines.