Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
tsk1979

Reliance GSM International roaming

I was looking at International USA roaming pack and it costs 849. I don't need it for calls, only for incoming SMS. So If I do not buy the pack, I understand calls will be 140rs/minute, but what about incoming SMS. Is it charged.

Second question? What about missed calls. What if I block all calls, and no call can be made. Will I get charged for missed calls? I called customer care and they said no, missed calls will not be charged. But you know reliance. If I get 100 missed calls in a month, I will have to pay 14000 INR!!!

Alternatively, to work around this what if I forward all calls to some local India number with parents before going. This way, if somebody calls, call will be immediately forwarded. Now, will the call even be routed to my phone at all, or it will be done at network end? This way it does not matter where I am. Calls will be forwarded, and if unanswered, there is going to be no charge at all.

Any ideas or experience?

22 hours ago, tsk1979 said:

I was looking at International USA roaming pack and it costs 849. I don't need it for calls, only for incoming SMS. So If I do not buy the pack, I understand calls will be 140rs/minute, but what about incoming SMS. Is it charged.

Incoming SMS is always free even with the base IR plan.

22 hours ago, tsk1979 said:

Second question? What about missed calls. What if I block all calls, and no call can be made. Will I get charged for missed calls? I called customer care and they said no, missed calls will not be charged. But you know reliance. If I get 100 missed calls in a month, I will have to pay 14000 INR!!!

You have to be careful when roaming in US (only in US). You will not be charged for incoming missed calls. But beware if you are latched onto AT&T or T-Mobile network, all outgoing attempts are charged irrespective of whether your call was picked up at the other end or not.

13 hours ago, nibin said:

Incoming SMS is always free even with the base IR plan.

You have to be careful when roaming in US (only in US). You will not be charged for incoming missed calls. But beware if you are latched onto AT&T or T-Mobile network, all outgoing attempts are charged irrespective of whether your call was picked up at the other end or not.

Thanks nibin

I am actually going to keep this sim switched off. Only when I need the OTP sms for something, I will switch on this sim(out of airplane mode) only when I expect OTP sms

I am worried about incoming calls I do not pick up. Do not want to get charged for them

People here are afraid of even using ChoRCom in local roaming. I appreciate your guts for using them during international roaming.

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

On 10/9/2016 at 1:01 AM, tsk1979 said:

I am worried about incoming calls I do not pick up. Do not want to get charged for them

If you are not going to pick up the incoming calls, you will not be charged for sure. But be prepared to pay the monthly rent of 150rs for IR service.

Thanks Nibin. I will keep the phone off, and switch it on only when I need to get OTP