Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anbuitech

NEW JioFi router(JMR520) Firmware Update

Hi 

If any one knows that OLED JioFi router(JMR520) firmware new update , Because i was facing the voice issue with the jio 4g voice app for last 15 days. If any one knows please update me

Any body kwos that call issue was fixed for this OLED Jiofi router

2 hours ago, anbuitech said:

Any body kwos that call issue was fixed for this OLED Jiofi router

Anbu now I am able to make calls via jio fi device but my device is having a new issue charge and discharge it switches off automatically while in charge saying low battery

These devices - jmr520 have serious issues; I have 2 of them, at first hip refuse to acknowledge that there are issues like net not working, batt draining fast, recharge time is 10 hrs.
But after persistent calls and visit to service centre , I gave one device for service. It took 5-6 days, they have replaced the motherboard.
As of now it's working fine. Will update if I find any issuea

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Afaik jioFi 2 is the best mifi device ever released by jio. The first jioFi has so many issues that jio didn't bring them consumers [sold to their employees]. It didn't have band 5 support, very low speed and coverage, only good thing is good battery life. The latest jioFi issues are known now. Has bad coverage and speed, much more SAR value - so not advisable use in trouser pockets.

jioFi 2 has all advantages like all bands support, compact size, great battery life, good coverage and better speed

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Anbu now I am able to make calls via jio fi device but my device is having a new issue charge and discharge it switches off automatically while in charge saying low battery

thanks deepak . i will check with my jiofi 2

hi @Deepak Shankar i have checked with my OLED jiofi router for calling feature. but it was not working for me. whether u did any firmware update for the device. Please confirm me.

hi @Deepak Shankar i have checked with my OLED jiofi router for calling feature. but it was not working for me. whether u did any firmware update for the device. Please confirm me.

They did some software update the latest firmware date is 05/10/2016. Now calling feature works without any issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

@Deepak Shankar whether you went the lyf service center ah?. they only did some changes ah?

@Deepak Shankar whether you went the lyf service center ah?. they only did some changes ah?

Yes I had been to lyf service in Alwarpet and they did the software update post that it's working fine

ok deepak , t nagar also one service center is ther r8. We need to go to alwarpet ah?

ok deepak , t nagar also one service center is ther r8. We need to go to alwarpet ah?

Yes there is one in T Nagar too since this was near my residence I was told I can go there instead of coming all the way to T Nagar

thanks deepak, i will check there and will check

@Deepak Shankar in wifi router i have updated the latest  firmware  and  the calls were working fine with the jiofi router. thanks deepak

@Deepak Shankar in wifi router i have updated the latest  firmware  and  the calls were working fine with the jiofi router. thanks deepak

Most welcome glad I could be of help

hello, even i am facing some issues with my JIoFi 2 device. 4G network goes away automatically after 50 odd minutes. Can anyone tell me what is the latest firmware version of this device? Also is it available on internet?, if its available please provide the link. Can i update it manually at my home?, or i have to take this device to service center for firmware update? 

Hardware and software version of My JioFi 2 device are:

Hardware Version: FXN_JMR520_V3.0 and Firmware Version: FXN_B4W013_R6.5_PLMN_LOCK 

jiofi2-device.jpg

This is the latest firmare version  Firmware Version:
FXN_JMR520_R6.24 

Firmware Creation Date:
10/05/2016

Hardware Version:
FXN_JMR520_V3.0
Post this update all seems to work fine