Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dushie

Jio SIM - Network goes - No SIM Card & Emergency Calls Only Issue with Moto G4 Play every 2 to 3 hours

I recently got the Moto G4 Play on Saturday. Got Jio Sim.I have put Jio 4G sim in slot 1. Things are working fine and I am getting LTE and VOLTE .But at randomly, my LTE sim signal is getting lost and sim 1 is showing emergency calls only & No sim card. All I need to do is to go to sim settings and disable sim 1 and again enabling it will bring signals back or just turn aeroplane mode on and off . This is happening randomly during a day and happening every 2 to 3 hours 7-8 times in a day. I even dont know that signal is lost unless I take my phone of pocket to make calls or check messages. I have even tried to put second Jio 4G sim to check but same is happening with second sim also with the jio join app installed. It works fine for few hours and then goes to same no signal emergency calls only.

So I am confused whether its an issue with sim or phone? Anyone else facing this issue in their phones. Called Jio customer care they said they are making some changes due to which this issue is happening. But in the Lyf phone with the same sim there are no issues at all.

Also i found a similar post in XDA for the same issue but for a different model Moto G 3rd Gen. Tried couple of steps given there but did not fix the issue. Phone is updated with all the latest updates.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g/help/volte-sim-issue-moto-g-3rd-gen-t3298334

Any suggestions what to do as i got the phone from Amazon. Should i ask for replacement ?

The same issue is for me and I've contacted JIO. It seems there are some issues going on the JIO network as per their words. They hope it will be sorted out within a day or two. 

Yes, but strange thing is issue is happening on Moto G 4 play. Not on lyf or redmi phones.

Edited by Dushie

Looks like it's safe to assume that, to have no issues in volte, it's better to go for LYF and Samsung phones [heard similar issues in Xiaomi phones as well, though rarely].

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Called motorola customer care, they said you can take the phone to service center. I told him i have already done a factory reset and the issue is happening in both the sim slot. I told him its a 2 days old phone, why would i take to service center, i want it to be changed. He said to contact amazon and raise a request. i asked him if all other Moto G4 Play were having same issues. He said not its not happening with all phones. Do not know if he is lying or telling the truth. Thinking what to do now.

Edited by Dushie

The same issues observed in HTC One me dual sim and Lenovo vibe K5 note(4GB) from my friends. Regarding the second phone, switching the sim to first slot, solved the issue.

Looks like it's safe to assume that, to have no issues in volte, it's better to go for LYF and Samsung phones [heard similar issues in Xiaomi phones as well, though rarely].

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Yes Bro I had same issue with iPhone 6s plus !!! (Sold it off for op3) . Plus Jio no longer allows you to set APN for iphone. Guess it's because of the iPhone 7 1 year free offer.

But coming back to network issue neither s7edge nor op3 has that issue ( touch wood ) till now.
@Dushie did you try *#*#4636#*#* to set network only to LTE ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Here also facing the same kind of problem with Moto G Play. It happens when traveling (changing signal from one tower to another), Data is working, Incoming call is working, but no out going calls. Problem resolves while restarting. Using the same SIM there is no such problem in LYF Flame 8, VIVO Y21L and old Redmi 2 Prime. Also my old Infocus M810 gold is working well with JIO SIM and 'JIO 4G Voice' app (need to turn on data to call from Infocus as it does not supports VoLTE). I think this is due to some defect of Moto G Play. I am also noted that comparing the internet speed with same SIM, LYF Flame 8 is the slowest, earpiece voice clarity of Flame 8 is also worst, which has rattling sound along with human voice.

I have requested for replacement from Amazon. Once I get my replacement phone I will decide what to do. I may sell the same too as I do not want to risk having these issues again

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Got the replacement phone and it is having the exact same issue.

3 hours ago, Dushie said:

If the SIM is working fine in other phones (Samsung / LYF), then Just sell the G4 play asap and get a new phone from Samsung / LYF. If Wind 4S is available, go for it. It comes with 2GB RAM, 16GB storage + microSD slot, 5" 720p display, 4000mAh battery for just Rs7499/-

Bro, I am not facing such issues on Moto G3 & none of my 3 friends on Moto G4 Plus are facing it.

Since G4 Play is new then there might be some issues with it's software.

I and one of my friend ordered G4 Play in this sale.

He got today and Jio working absolutely fine till today...

Mine will come in 3 days, will test if possible and will let you know about it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I am using G4 plus. No issues. Have you upgraded the rom? I m on android m

Edited by NanduNaada

On 29/10/2016 at 4:02 AM, Dushie said:

Try using it in different location as it might be the problem with the specific network tower you are getting connected to.

Did you activate the SIM in the phone in which you generated the coupon ? - Because now rhe coupon code is just the IMEI no. of the handset in which you generate code. So if you activate in any other handset it might give intermittent problem. After activating in the same handset you can use the sim in any other handset.

VOLTE fix for Moto G4 Play and Moto E3 Power. 

For stock non-rooted phones

Enable USB debugging

Turn on Airplane mode

Open command prompt in PC

Type adb shell

then type, pm clear com.android.providers.telephony

turn off airplane mode, reboot phone 

For rooted phones:-

Use root explorer and delete telephony.db from data/data/com.android.providers.telephony

reboot

• Like 1

Bro, just try another sim, as my friends using Moto G Play and he not getting problem like you from last 2 days.

But just FYI, he is using JIO only sim in it...

Mine will also come soon... So will update you as I will use it as dual sim

I tried 2 sims faced same issue . As of now I have given the phone to my dad to use . He is using Airtel sim on the phone.

Bro, after 2 days of using Moto G4 Play with JIO 4G & Airtel 2G both, I can confirm that the problem is not there which you facing...

It means the problem is specific to your location/circle.

On 10/31/2016 at 0:50 PM, dr.faramroze said:

VOLTE fix for Moto G4 Play and Moto E3 Power. 

For stock non-rooted phones

Enable USB debugging

Turn on Airplane mode

Open command prompt in PC

Type adb shell

then type, pm clear com.android.providers.telephony

turn off airplane mode, reboot phone 

For rooted phones:-

Use root explorer and delete telephony.db from data/data/com.android.providers.telephony

reboot

@dr.faramroze Sir, i have tried with your steps for the moto E3 power. but till now issue facing with the " Emergency Calls Only Issue" in my mobile. Can you please suggest me alternate way for fixing the issue. every time i am doing the airplane mode for recover the signal. So please help me sir.

5 hours ago, anbuitech said:

@dr.faramroze Sir, i have tried with your steps for the moto E3 power. but till now issue facing with the " Emergency Calls Only Issue" in my mobile. Can you please suggest me alternate way for fixing the issue. every time i am doing the airplane mode for recover the signal. So please help me sir.

try typing *#*#4636#*#* in dialer. Select phone information > Drop down select LTE only. That should do it.

• @NanduNaada i have also tried that option noting worked for me. please help me 

I have two Jio SIMs, one each in both my phones. One is an htc Desire 628 and the second a Moto X Play. Both are non-Volte. In both phones Jio is SIM2. We have far fewere outages in the htc than in the Moto. However, the frequency has dropped.

Yesterday evening, while talking to a friend, all of a sudden the Jio signal vanished on by Moto. After a few minutes I was able to reconnect. No data or voice connection. I found the signal level quite high. So must have been a software bug. Then I tried using by Voda connection. Than was also u/s, and was not connecting on voice. I switched off the Jio and only then could I use the Voda. after about 45 minutes Jio was working on Data but not on voice. On the htc there was only a very short term signal drop, but the link again took a long time to come back. Voice was restored on both only after an hour and a half.

I suspect a system crash and taking some time to get back. First data was restored, and voice took another hour or so..