Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
arnuld

LYF Flame 7S Review

I bought this from Reliance Digital in Hyderabad and been using it for 3 weeks so far. I bought it primarily for using Whatsapp and making phone calls. Here is my experience on both JIO and Handset:

PROS:

• Data connection is ON almost 24x7. Speeds are like 3G, sometimes faster. Few times data connection does not work at some places, not that big a problem. I am satisfied.
  • Signals quality is ok. Several times signals just disappear (those bars on top left corner). I thought my handset problem but two of my friends are using JIO SIM on Samsung and Lava A7+ phones and they have same problem. Hence not a handset problem but network problem. It happens like 5-7 times per day and it remains like that for 2-15 min.  Bit less satisfied.
  • Network Coverage is much better. I am using TATA DOCOMO and Aircel too and many times both don't have network but JIO has.
  • Incoming/Outgoing calls are really tough business. JIO to JIO/Reliance/Aircel, all phone calls go smooth, connected in one try but for the rest you have to keep on trying anywhere from 2 to 20 times to get connected.  Same for incoming from others.  Completely unsatisfied
  • Handset is okay. does not hang even if lot of apps are running. 

CONS:

• Handset Voice quality is very bad. I can understand only 50% of what other person is talking about and same for the person on other end. It is one of the worst voice quality in any handset I have ever experienced.
  • Battery drains out very fast on 4G data ON 24x7. It does not even last till evening. I do use lot of whatsapp.

I will advise to buy a better handset like RedMI 3S or something. Strange thing is when you look at the bill, Phone charger and Headset are listed as separate items from phone and charged separately. Just look at the bill. I paid 3499/-  (Yes, I took 1 rupee back which every shopkeeper never thinks of giving back. As usual, gave it a vely old lady-beggar standing outside :) )

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-20 at 6.31.03 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-20 at 6.31.03 PM.jpeg

LYF.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-20 at 6.31.04 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-20 at 6.31.05 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-20 at 6.33.03 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-20 at 6.33.05 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-20 at 6.33.06 PM.jpeg

On 11/20/2016 at 8:20 AM, arnuld said:

Strange thing is when you look at the bill, Phone charger and Headset are listed as separate items from phone and charged separately. Just look at the bill. I paid 3499/-  (Yes, I took 1 rupee back which every shopkeeper never thinks of giving back. As usual, gave it a vely old lady-beggar standing outside :) )

LYF.jpeg

Thanks for the review! I guess all Lyf handsets have that billing style where they list the accessory separately; possibly for tax related purpose.

Nice review ! please correct the spell "Flame" in the Topic Heading.

Why is it mentioned "LYF WIND 7S BLACK" in the invoice?:blink:

Edited by LTE4G

On 11/24/2016 at 10:16 PM, LTE4G said:

Nice review ! please correct the spell "Flame" in the Topic Heading.

Why is it mentioned "LYF WIND 7S BLACK" in the invoice?:blink:

Hey Man, thanks for pointing out spelling mistake. Yeah. I noticed that in bill too, well that's original bill. I am using it till now 24x7 and its voice quality for both the people on phone is bad. Except that handset is very good at 3500/-