Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
inception

Suggest 4G Smartphone

I am currently using Redmi Note3 and Huawei honor holly 2 plus (still on MTS CDMA) and looking for upgrade. Suggest a smartphone with following features: 

1. VoLTE (No need of Jio4GVoice)

2. Internal 32 GB + Seperate MicroSD support

3. 5.5" display

4. Snapdragon processor

You have not given your budget. If you are OK with 6" screen and price NOT an issue, go for Samsung Galaxy A9 PRO (with 5000mAh battery) for Rs32000/-. I am using it and its great. It supports LTE-A (upto 3 carrier aggregation) an its 4G LTE speed is much better ordinary LYF handsets (without LTE-A)...

• Like 1

Waking up this old topic. 

Want to buy a new phone.

requirements: 

4GB/Atleast 64GB

5.5" Screen

Good camera

regular Android update

I find that Oppo/Nubia/Honor has some matches but they don't offer software update regularly. One Plus 5 is a good option, but that's too costly. How good is Moto G5Plus?

Waking up this old topic. 

Want to buy a new phone.

requirements: 

4GB/Atleast 64GB

5.5" Screen

Good camera

regular Android update

I find that Oppo/Nubia/Honor has some matches but they don't offer software update regularly. One Plus 5 is a good option, but that's too costly. How good is Moto G5Plus?

Well moto g5 plus is the best of lot, though I haven't used the phone but whatever I have read and heard, everything is great in this phone.

Internal is 32gb at best but as it has a dedicated sd card slot so doesn't matter.

Camera is pretty good

Snapdragon 625 is the most battery efficient pro essar these days but then they tend to get outdated pretty soon.

4gb of ram is a great plus.

Screen resolution is full hd

Battery well there it lacks a bit, but just a bit, and battery backup is pretty subjective to be honest but at 3k mah its pretty decent tbh.

At 16999 its a great phone, I am also waiting for the price to come down a bit to give it a shot.

All others have this or that con which could be deal breaker for some, lenovo p2 is also a decent phone, you can buy it at 14.9k today in flipkart lenovo festival.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

On 12/17/2016 at 12:00 AM, KanagaDeepan said:

You have not given your budget. If you are OK with 6" screen and price NOT an issue, go for Samsung Galaxy A9 PRO (with 5000mAh battery) for Rs32000/-. I am using it and its great. It supports LTE-A (upto 3 carrier aggregation) an its 4G LTE speed is much better ordinary LYF handsets (without LTE-A)...

Hi kanagaDeepan sir,

I want to buy samsung a9 pro. Sir have u tested it for carrier aggregation with jio? Currently I am using lyf f1s (supports 2ca) and its data speed is 3 times better than any other mobile with jio. If you are still using it and tested with jio (CA), then kindly guide me. Thanks

Right now I am using Galaxy C9 PRO and my wife is using A9 PRO. Both are very good. Jio has CA using Band 3 + Band 5 (1800MHz and 850MHz) in most places and in some recent sites its Band 3 + Band 40 (1800MHz & 2300MHz). A9 PRO supports them and I have experienced great speeds. Though Samsung doesn't show LTE-A or LTE+ in signal, we can confirm them via dialing *#0011# on native dialer.

Right now I am using C9 pro, because it is having SRVCC facility, which is NOT available in A9 PRO. My main number is in Airtel. Airtel has started testing VoLTE. SRVCC allows calls to fall from VoLTE to 3G without DROPPING it, when we are on call while moving from 4G coverage to 3G or 2G coverage. Only SD625, 626, 630, 653 (used in C9 pro), 835 currently supports SRVCC (not sure about lower end ones). Even SD821 (used in OP3T and LG G6) or 652 (used in A9 PRO) doesn't support SRVCC.

But A9 pro supports many LTE bands, including upcoming 700MHz one on Band 28 and 900MHz on Band 8, both are not supported in C9 PRO (at least not till now, may be enabled later via update). Further A9 PRO has better battery life (5000mAh vs 4000mAh of C9 pro) and very very cheaper now.

Advantage of both phones is, you can use Airtel for DATA on 3G and still get incoming calls on JIO. It is great feature to use, where Jio data speed is too low, but you want to get calls on both numbers. This feature is supported in very few phones, mostly Samsung. Go for any of them, you will be happy, imho.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@KanagaDeepan Snapdragon 650, 652 & 617 uses X8 LTE modem which supports SRVCC.

Snapdragon 821 uses X12 LTE modem which also supports SRVCC.

Refer here for details.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/modems/comparison

Edited by LTE4G

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Right now I am using Galaxy C9 PRO and my wife is using A9 PRO. Both are very good. Jio has CA using Band 3 + Band 5 (1800MHz and 850MHz) in most places and in some recent sites its Band 3 + Band 40 (1800MHz & 2300MHz). A9 PRO supports them and I have experienced great speeds. Though Samsung doesn't show LTE-A or LTE+ in signal, we can confirm them via dialing *#0011# on native dialer.

Right now I am using C9 pro, because it is having SRVCC facility, which is NOT available in A9 PRO. My main number is in Airtel. Airtel has started testing VoLTE. SRVCC allows calls to fall from VoLTE to 3G without DROPPING it, when we are on call while moving from 4G coverage to 3G or 2G coverage. Only SD625, 626, 630, 653 (used in C9 pro), 835 currently supports SRVCC (not sure about lower end ones). Even SD821 (used in OP3T and LG G6) or 652 (used in A9 PRO) doesn't support SRVCC.

But A9 pro supports many LTE bands, including upcoming 700MHz one on Band 28 and 900MHz on Band 8, both are not supported in C9 PRO (at least not till now, may be enabled later via update). Further A9 PRO has better battery life (5000mAh vs 4000mAh of C9 pro) and very very cheaper now.

Advantage of both phones is, you can use Airtel for DATA on 3G and still get incoming calls on JIO. It is great feature to use, where Jio data speed is too low, but you want to get calls on both numbers. This feature is supported in very few phones, mostly Samsung. Go for any of them, you will be happy, imho.

Sir, thank u thank u thank u so much...

@LTE4G look at their Individual pages and SRVCC is missing there. For eg: SD821, SD820, SD810, SD808SD652, SD650, SD617, SD430, SD425 or below.

Reg the SRVCC supporting chipsets, here we have SD835SD660, SD653, SD630, SD626, SD625, SD450, SD435, SD427.

If you look at the comparison table, even X7, X6 and X5 LTE modem was shown as having SRVCC, which is NOT true. Even X10 modem used in SD810 and SD808 doesn't support SRVCC. All the SD processors using X9 LTE modem supports SRVCC without fail including SD427.

The most confusing ones are the SD820/821 which uses X12 LTE Modem, but still don't support SRVCC, accoring to their individual support pages. Further the X9 Modem models are all released after SD821. May be Qualcomm has incorporated SRVCC in all high to mid level chipsets after SD821. But it is safe to go for smartphones with SD625 series or SD653 to have SRVCC for sure.

@KanagaDeepan although it is not mentioned on the web page (marketing gimmick) but SRVCC is a modem specific feature, so it appears in the specification when we compare chipsets. Further I also downloaded the detailed Pdf of SD 650 and there also it is clearly mentioned. This seems to be a kind of marketing trend these days, even Intel does not give full capabilities of its chipsets on website unless you download the detailed (technical) Pdf document.

Edited by LTE4G

Yes.. Now it is very confusing, than earlier.. Further, even the pdf files of SD820 and SD821 doesn't specify SRVCC. :wacko: 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:19 PM, LTE4G said:

Good find. But, that was first successful TESTING done by Qualcomm with Ericssion using a slightly modified S4 for testing purpose and that too on SRVCC to WCDMA / 3G only and not to 2G, afaik. Latest X9 LTE modems support SRVCC to 3G as well as 2G. SRVCC to 2G hand-over is very important in India, as 3G is handled in 2100MHz and 4G on 1800MHz (or lower) band - same as 2G.

We are very much excited about VoLTE launch of Airtel. But Airtel is cautious in enabling VoLTE in very very few smartphone models only for now. But there is rumor that, they are going to launch VoLTE all over India (where there is 4G coverage on Band 3) by December 2017 end.

Any Airtel VoLTE users in Mumbai, here? Please share your experience here. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Good find. But, that was first successful TESTING done by Qualcomm with Ericssion using a slightly modified S4 for testing purpose and that too on SRVCC to WCDMA / 3G only and not to 2G, afaik. Latest X9 LTE modems support SRVCC to 3G as well as 2G. SRVCC to 2G hand-over is very important in India, as 3G is handled in 2100MHz and 4G on 1800MHz (or lower) band - same as 2G.

Yes ! you are absolutely correct.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:13 AM, KanagaDeepan said:

Hi sir,

How it is possible to turn on airtel data and get incoming call on jio? I have put jio sim in 1st slot and airtel in 2nd slot. for mobile data default sim card is slot 1(jio). the moment I turn on 2nd sim as a default sim for data, it becomes lte slot and due to this 1st slot become 3g/2g only, since jio is 4g only network, so its network dissappears. so what is the solution for this? I want to use jio as a incoming call and airtel as a 3g data. thanks

16 hours ago, sameer7186 said:

Hi sir,

How it is possible to turn on airtel data and get incoming call on jio? I have put jio sim in 1st slot and airtel in 2nd slot. for mobile data default sim card is slot 1(jio). the moment I turn on 2nd sim as a default sim for data, it becomes lte slot and due to this 1st slot become 3g/2g only, since jio is 4g only network, so its network dissappears. so what is the solution for this? I want to use jio as a incoming call and airtel as a 3g data. thanks

Its possible to get Incoming calls on Jio, while Airtel Data is in use, at least in latest mid to high end Samsung phones, including A9 PRO. But the catch is, you can use only 3G of Airtel and NOT 4G.

In SIM Card Manager, select "LTE/WCDMA/GSM" for Jio and "3G/2G auto" for Airtel. In Data section, select Airtel. When a prompt comes asking you to "CHANGE" the Airtel to "4G/3G/2G" or "KEEP" the existing setting. Select "KEEP" and you are good to go. Now Data will be from Airtel3G and receive incoming calls also from Jio. Airtel has better 3G coverage than 4G, so not a big issue, imho. Further, this will work for any SIM slot position. I mean, you can use jio or Airtel in any SIM slot, still this setting will work. Tested in my C9 PRO and S8. Enjoy.

Edited by KanagaDeepan

8 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Its possible to get Incoming calls on Jio, while Airtel Data is in use, at least in latest mid to high end Samsung phones, including A9 PRO. But the catch is, you can use only 3G of Airtel and NOT 4G.

In SIM Card Manager, select "LTE/WCDMA/GSM" for Jio and "3G/2G auto" for Airtel. In Data section, select Airtel. When a prompt comes asking you to "CHANGE" the Airtel to "4G/3G/2G" or KEEP" the existing setting. Select "KEEP" and you are good to go. Now Data will be from Airtel3G and receive incoming calls also from Jio. Airtel has better 3G coverage than 4G, so not a big issue, imho. Further, this will work for any SIM slot position. I mean, you can use jio or Airtel in any SIM slot, still this setting will work. Tested in my C9 PRO and S8. Enjoy.

Thanks for your reply sir. In my A9 pro, A prompt only asking me to "CHANGE" the Airtel to "4G/3G/2G". Not asking to "KEEP" the existing setting. And after clicking on change it become lte slot and 1st becomes 3g/2g only. So jio network dissappears..

10 hours ago, sameer7186 said:

Thanks for your reply sir. In my A9 pro, A prompt only asking me to "CHANGE" the Airtel to "4G/3G/2G". Not asking to "KEEP" the existing setting. And after clicking on change it become lte slot and 1st becomes 3g/2g only. So jio network dissappears..

Yes, you are right. In A9 PRO after the Nougat update, there is NO "Keep" button showing up. Just "Change" and "Cancel" buttons are available. I wonder, even the change may be brought to C9 PRO in upcoming Nougat update. Man, I hate the Samsung SW sh!t.

Honor Holly 4 plus

Pls. suggest a Dual SIM Volte 4G Android Smartphone [under Rs.10,000/-] for RJIO & Airtel combo .

while RJio [SIM1] is VoLTE 4G [Voice calls]; Airel (SIM2) should work as 3G Data [not 2G] 

5 hours ago, Hejmady said:

Pls. suggest a Dual SIM Volte 4G Android Smartphone [under Rs.10,000/-] for RJIO & Airtel combo .

while RJio [SIM1] is VoLTE 4G [Voice calls]; Airel (SIM2) should work as 3G Data [not 2G] 

No such phone available in market.

All available phones require data enabled mode for LTE to work. Jio can not work without LTE. So if you want Jio active, you can not get data in second SIM. Most phones only give 2G in secondary SIM. However, some Mi phones give 3G based voice in secondary SIM. Redmi Note 3 works on 4G active + 3G Voice mode.

If you want only Voice in Jio and data in different SIM, you must use 2 different phones. You can use Micromax Bharat 1 as a secondary phone with Jio for voice purposes.

Edited by commonman

thanks for the info.

At present, I'm using 2 Rel Lyf Wind4 handsets for RJio & Airtel 4G*

*at my home, RJio coverage is patchy - voice-calls only works, Data speed is pathetic [2G]. however, full signal-bars for Airtel 4G/3G and great speeds. 

3 hours ago, Hejmady said:

thanks for the info.

At present, I'm using 2 Rel Lyf Wind4 handsets for RJio & Airtel 4G*

*at my home, RJio coverage is patchy - voice-calls only works, Data speed is pathetic [2G]. however, full signal-bars for Airtel 4G/3G and great speeds. 

https://www.mylyf.com/wind-4

SIM Slot: Dual SIM (4G+2G) ; Both SIM slots are 4G enabled. At one time only one slot can be used for 4G while the other will work on 2G.

how this is possible, seller calim only 2G in sim 2, then how does ur handset outperform 

12 hours ago, Hejmady said:

I have tried in my Redmi Note 3 - Jio works in 4G VoLTE mode in Slot 1 (set to Primary) with 3G Data enabled on Vodafone Slot 2 (secondary sim). It also works vice versa - means if I swap slots then I have to set Slot 2 as Primary for Jio to work in 4G mode. (Presently I am using Jio SIM in Slot 2 & it is set to Primary because LTE is available for Primary SIM only)

Same thing I have tried on my Lava X11 too but even after setting one slot to "LTE Only" the other slot only supports 2G data.

I think the same settings can be used in some other models which support 3G on second slot when the primary slot is set to LTE.

Edited by LTE4G

20 hours ago, LTE4G said:

I have tried in my Redmi Note 3 - Jio works in 4G VoLTE mode in Slot 1 (set to Primary) with 3G Data enabled on Vodafone Slot 2 (secondary sim). It also works vice versa - means if I swap slots then I have to set Slot 2 as Primary for Jio to work in 4G mode. (Presently I am using Jio SIM in Slot 2 & it is set to Primary because LTE is available for Primary SIM only)

Same thing I have tried on my Lava X11 too but even after setting one slot to "LTE Only" the other slot only supports 2G data.

I think the same settings can be used in some other models which support 3G on second slot when the primary slot is set to LTE.

Can you confirm that you can simultaneously get VoLTE in Jio and also functional 3G data in second SIM? I also use RN3 but the moment I select internet data option as second SIM, the second SIM becomes LTE and the 1st SIM becomes 3G without data. There is no option to select connection mode for non-data SIM. Only the internet enabled SIM gives the option to select between 2G, 3G and LTE.