Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
inception

Suggest 4G Smartphone

Old Samsung phones like A9 PRO and C9 PRO used to have that wonderful feature, but Sammy as usual s(rewed it via Nougat update.. During Android 6.0 days in those phones, I use Jio on VoLte and Airtel for 3G only and can switch data on either sim at my wish. All I have to do is, select the "Keep the SIM" option, when there is a query to change network for data. God, I hate Samsung's software...

5 hours ago, commonman said:

Can you confirm that you can simultaneously get VoLTE in Jio and also functional 3G data in second SIM? I also use RN3 but the moment I select internet data option as second SIM, the second SIM becomes LTE and the 1st SIM becomes 3G without data. There is no option to select connection mode for non-data SIM. Only the internet enabled SIM gives the option to select between 2G, 3G and LTE.

Sorry! The latest ROM (version 8.5.7.0) is not supporting this (today I tried again and it is switching the primary Sim network as well, as pointed by you). I don't remember which ROM had this feature but it was working when I bought the phone and I lost my Vodafone balance because by mistake I enabled data on my second SIM while I was using Jio for calls.

Update has ruined the feature.

Even switching network mode using *#*#4636#*#* didn't help. Some kind of bug... 

I tried in lava X11 and it works but the second SIM supports only 2G (Edge).

Edited by LTE4G

Looking for a Dual 4G VoLTE supported  smartphone [simultaneous, not 4G-2G] for Airtel4G & Jio4G

Does Asus Zenfone max Pro (1) - Ref. https://telecomtalk.info/asus-zenfone-max-pro-launched-specs-price/176065/ [Rs.10,999/-, a Flipkart exclusive & available from 03-May-2018] really meet my requirement as claimed?

Gurus Pls. respond

Edited by Hejmady
Typo correction

11 hours ago, Hejmady said:

Looking for a Dual 4G VoLTE supported  smartphone [simultaneous, not 4G-2G] for Airtel4G & Jio4G

Does Asus Zenfone max Pro (1) - Ref. https://telecomtalk.info/asus-zenfone-max-pro-launched-specs-price/176065/ [Rs.10,999/-, a Flipkart exclusive & available from 03-May-2018] really meet my requirement as claimed?

Gurus Pls. respond

NO... Asus Zenfone max Pro (M1) {that's a mouth full of name} doesn't support simultaneous Dual-VoLTE till now, as told by some youtube reviewers. Only option is Honor View10... Luckily, View10 supports all VoLTE networks in India, incl vodafone.

thank you

it seems Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) does support Dual 4G VoLTE as claimed!

Ref. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZnxh9CUxgc

Note: Available on Review Unit received by Gogi Tech, nice if the retail unit ships with Dual 4G VoLTE!

Edited by Hejmady
typo correction

On 4/27/2018 at 7:18 AM, Hejmady said:
it seems Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) does support Dual 4G VoLTE as claimed!
Ref. 
Note: Available on Review Unit received by Gogi Tech, nice if the retail unit ships with Dual 4G VoLTE!

Yes. Asus has enabled that in one of the 3 updates, it has sent after phone launch. Further the updates have improved RAM management and speed of finger print scanning as well.

VoLTE for Airtel and Vodafone are expected in coming updates as well...

Sent from my Lenovo P2 using Tapatalk

Edited by KanagaDeepan

thanks for the update!

at present, Jio4G Data Speed crawls at my Home [low Band5 signal, indoors] & Airtel4G is excellent. However, Jio4G is excellent at Office & Airtel4G s**ks [4G-3G-2G frequent changeover, low signal & Battery drains]. Now I carry 2 handsets with me [Moto E3 Power (Airtel4G-Plan399) & Lyf Wind4 (Jio4G-Plan98)]!

After Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) hits the market, I hope other vendors may also introduce Dual VoLTE handsets!

Edited by Hejmady
typo correction

6 hours ago, Hejmady said:

After Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) hits the market, I hope other vendors may also introduce Dual VoLTE handsets!

Yes! You are absolutely right. By the end of this year we can expect several models from different leading brands with Dual VoLTE feature.

I am also looking for a handset with Dual VoLTE.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:54 PM, Hejmady said:

thanks for the update!

at present, Jio4G Data Speed crawls at my Home [low Band5 signal, indoors] & Airtel4G is excellent. However, Jio4G is excellent at Office & Airtel4G s**ks [4G-3G-2G frequent changeover, low signal & Battery drains]. Now I carry 2 handsets with me [Moto E3 Power (Airtel4G-Plan399) & Lyf Wind4 (Jio4G-Plan98)]!

I would suggest you get a Micromax Bharat 1 and put the Jio SIM in that. It offers very small form factor and excellent wifi hotspot. As you are using Jio 98mplan, I am assuming that you are using it as the backup plan.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

Yes. Asus has enabled that in one of the 3 updates, it has sent after phone launch. Further the updates have improved RAM management and speed of finger print scanning as well.

VoLTE for Airtel and Vodafone are expected in coming updates as well...

Sent from my Lenovo P2 using Tapatalk

What is the battery drain with dual VoLTE

1 hour ago, commonman said:

I would suggest you get a Micromax Bharat 1 and put the Jio SIM in that. It offers very small form factor and excellent wifi hotspot. As you are using Jio 98mplan, I am assuming that you are using it as the backup plan.

thanks

since i already have a standby smartphone [Lyf Wind4, 4000mAH battery] there is no need for Micromax Bharat 1.

Jio98 Prepaid Plan [2GB 4G, unlimited voice, 300 SMS - 28 days] is not a "Backup Plan" - Regular Plan for use in Office [no Video/Photos downloads] - Lyf Wind4 [Dual SIM 4G-4G]

Airtel399 Prepaid Plan [1.4GB 4G Data/day, unlimited voice, 100SMS/day - 84 days] is for Home use - Moto E3 Power [Dual SIM 4G-4G]

1 hour ago, commonman said:

Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) - True4G Dual VoLTE has 5000mAH battery - should support 2 days of normal usage

3 hours ago, Hejmady said:

thanks

since i already have a standby smartphone [Lyf Wind4, 4000mAH battery] there is no need for Micromax Bharat 1.

Jio98 Prepaid Plan [2GB 4G, unlimited voice, 300 SMS - 28 days] is not a "Backup Plan" - Regular Plan for use in Office [no Video/Photos downloads] - Lyf Wind4 [Dual SIM 4G-4G]

Airtel399 Prepaid Plan [1.4GB 4G Data/day, unlimited voice, 100SMS/day - 84 days] is for Home use - Moto E3 Power [Dual SIM 4G-4G]

I also have Wind4 as secondary phone. Good phone. But due to RAM limitations, it difficult to put more than a couple of apps. Hoping against hope to get Oreo Go update on it.

On 02/05/2018 at 1:15 PM, commonman said:

I don't think the battery drain in DualVoLTE networks will be higher than 4G + 3G phones, unless otherwise the 4G coverage of one of the network su(ks... Constant switching from 4G to 3G/2G for voice calls will drain the battery more, imho...

• Like 1

OFF Topic - WiFi calling Support for Moto G5 Plus [India model: Dual SIM XT1686; Android 7.0]

Hi,

Background: one my relatives is moving to US shortly for higher studies. he is an Airtel Prepaid subscriber & I understand that T-mobile is Airtel's IR Partner in US. he will activate Airtel IR pack Rs.2,999/- on the day of Departure to US [10 day validity] - Later in US, he will buy T-mobile Prepaid SIM & "Simply Prepaid Plan" [Ref. https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/marketing-module/compare_plans.pdf] which supports "WiFi Calling" [Home /Public WiFi]

Further i understand that, the Moto G5 Plus [India-XT1686] on T-mobile Network is compatible to - 2G (GSM, GPRS, Edge): 1900 MHz; 3G (UMTS/HSPA): Band4 (2100 MHz); 4G (HSPA+): Band4 (2100 MHz) and 4G (LTE): Band4 (2100 MHz) & Band5 (850 MHz) [Ref. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4988]

my Query:  Does Moto G5 Plus [India-XT1686] support T-mobile WiFi calling by default? if not, How to enable WiFi calling?

thanks & regards         

Update from USA

Airtel latches to AT&T in USA. AT&T has discontinued 2G w.e.f. January 2017 - only 3G & 4G available

Airtel IR Pack 2,999 works fine in USA [10 days validity; unlimited incoming calls/SMS; 250min local/India calling; 100 SMS per day] 

T-mobile 2G/3G/4G is available. Airtel also latches to T-mobile 2G [when AT&T isn't available], but service is patchy!

Moto G5 Plus [India model] doesn't seem to support WiFi calling. however, it is compatible to AT&T 3G & 4G

• Like 1

The fact is LTE is getting universal across the globe and soon most of the phones will roam over LTE over different bands of spectrum. LTE 1800 is the most common, while LTE2300/800/900 is getting the momentum. But LTE2100 is already there and as operators think to shut down 3G this one will roar!!

Unlike India, in USA, on AT&T  - VoLTE & WiFi-calling is enabled only on Postpaid connection & AT&T branded devices.

On AT&T Prepaid, for $35/- [Approx. Rs.2,450/-] one gets unlimited Calls & Text within USA and 1GB 4G data [after quota expires speed is reduced to 256Kbps] for 30 days. 1GB Data Addon is $10 [Approx. Rs.700/-]!