Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

MNP to Jio 4g (Postpaid / Prepaid)

MNP is another joke in jio. Official site says it's available since sept 5 but cc n Twitter handle say not yet launched and to watch jio.com for updates is there another jio.com which we don't know about

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

MNP is another joke in jio. Official site says it's available since sept 5 but cc n Twitter handle say not yet launched and to watch jio.com for updates is there another jio.com which we don't know about

The reason is - stores only have Prepaid SIM with pre alloted numbers. So they cannot entertain MNP customers since they don't have Blank SIM to issue.

Further they are not giving Postpaid connections too at the moment - please revert if anybody succeeded in getting a Postpaid Jio since Jio Welcome Offer.

Even Prepaid SIMs are EXHAUSTED in some stores and will be available after 15th September !!:D

Edited by LTE4G

2 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

The reason is - stores only have Prepaid SIM with pre alloted numbers. So they cannot entertain MNP customers since they don't have Blank SIM to issue.

Further they are not giving Postpaid connections too at the moment - please revert if anybody succeeded in getting a Postpaid Jio since Jio Welcome Offer.

Even Prepaid SIMs are EXHAUSTED in some stores and will be available after 15th September !!:D

Gone is the time when Jio was giving Prepaid sim with pre alloted numbers. The new Blue pouch which is offered doesnt have any number allotted.It is system assigned during application processing. That answers your explanation. My query was simple jio.com has been saying mnp is available since sept 5th but both cc n twitter handle say it is yet to announced and to watch jio.com for updates. What kind of update since jio says otherwise was my question.

Gone is the time when Jio was giving Prepaid sim with pre alloted numbers. The new Blue pouch which is offered doesnt have any number allotted.It is system assigned during application processing. That answers your explanation.

There is no Blue pouch SIM available anywhere in Mumbai at any store at present - I have visited at least 9 stores and all of them had only the prepaid (Orange pouch).

They are not entertaining postpaid request because of this.

Edited by LTE4G

There is no Blue pouch SIM available anywhere in Mumbai - I have visited at least 9 stores and all of them had only the prepaid (Orange pouch).

In entire tamilnadu circle only blue pouch without numbers are in circulation the same one SRK holds in jio.com. They are without pre assigned numbers

In entire tamilnadu circle only blue pouch without numbers are in circulation the same one SRK holds in jio.com. They are without pre assigned numbers

This means porting is possible in Tamil Nadu - are they accepting MNP?

Got Jio sim today took 3 hours standing in queue. Their verification process is slow takes up to 15 minutes minimum for one person. They did through code and aadhar. Got the first Sms in 5 minutes stating they have got my enrollment. Did not get the second one till now. Been 10 hours. God knows what they are up to. The digital store guy said sim would get activated in 4 to 5 ,hours after getting the first Sms.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Got Jio sim today took 3 hours standing in queue. Their verification process is slow takes up to 15 minutes minimum for one person. They did through code and aadhar. Got the first Sms in 5 minutes stating they have got my enrollment. Did not get the second one till now. Been 10 hours. God knows what they are up to. The digital store guy said sim would get activated in 4 to 5 ,hours after getting the first Sms.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Welcome to Jio!!:D

Prepaid or Postpaid ?

Orange or Blue pouch ?

MNP or New number ?

Edited by LTE4G

This means porting is possible in Tamil Nadu - are they accepting MNP?

As usual store guys are clueless about MNP

There is no Blue pouch SIM available anywhere in Mumbai at any store at present - I have visited at least 9 stores and all of them had only the prepaid (Orange pouch).

They are not entertaining postpaid request because of this.

I guess its incorrect, Blue/Orange doesn't really technically bind anything. When they place order, they can mark it for prepaid OR postpaid, that too retail or corporate(IOIP/COCP)

2 weeks back, I got a orange prepaid pack, even though it was a postpaid corporate connection, I too was doubtful about the authenticity, today 1 of the connections got activated, and it shows Postpaid and also IOIP Enterprise plan online. So that confirms it all depends on the order placed by the store. 

Again 3 days back, my friend was offered JIO Prepaid on blue pouch. 

With this, I feel they are using all sim cards they have, and also that this has been happening right before launch date.

I guess its incorrect, Blue/Orange doesn't really technically bind anything. When they place order, they can mark it for prepaid OR postpaid, that too retail or corporate(IOIP/COCP)

Yes you are right Blue/Orange doesn't really matters.

I have not seen any blue pouch here in Mumbai so can't comment on that but as far as Orange pack is concerned - Only the sticker with details do matter.

Prepaid is clearly mentioned with pre alloted number on my Orange pouch and while taking my sim I asked them about postpaid SIM and they confirmed that they only have prepaid sim at the moment._20160912_031222.JPG

Edited by LTE4G

For MNP or new connection, there should be SIM. The most stores across South Mumbai (SoBo), don't have SIM and they provide token. 

For MNP or new connection, there should be SIM. The most stores across South Mumbai (SoBo), don't have SIM and they provide token. 

All stores would have the blue Sims (programmabke ones) but they have not been instructed to start the process yet as Mumbai apparently has the highest number of pending activations which are being cleared.
Matter of few more days before they start programming blank Sims and offering choice of available numbers also.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

All stores would have the blue Sims (programmabke ones) but they have not been instructed to start the process yet as Mumbai apparently has the highest number of pending activations which are being cleared.
Matter of few more days before they start programming blank Sims and offering choice of available numbers also.

FYI - I have been to 9 Stores in Mumbai and believe me they only have Prepaid SIM with Pre - allotted numbers and they are not at all entertaining Postpaid or MNP customers at the moment.

FYI - I have been to 9 Stores in Mumbai and believe me they only have Prepaid SIM with Pre - allotted numbers and they are not at all entertaining Postpaid or MNP customers at the moment.

I agree they don't have clue to mnp or post paid.
Spoke to an officer in Jio and they simply are trying to clear the back log of rejected caf presently.
A few more days and they would start the process for fresh connections incl post paid.

Are u sure mnp is a good idea with all the interconnection points problem with other operators.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I agree they don't have clue to mnp or post paid.
Spoke to an officer in Jio and they simply are trying to clear the back log of rejected caf presently.

Yes!!

A few more days and they would start the process for fresh connections incl post paid.

I think at present they are interested in reaching their target by simply providing Prepaid SIM.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/reliance-jio-falls-short-on-acquiring-customers-by-almost-half-of-target/article9096965.ece

And they would start MNP or switch between prepaid to postpaid only after 1st January 2017 IMHO.

Are u sure mnp is a good idea with all the interconnection points problem with other operators.

POI problem is deliberately move by other operators to create panic among users. But by the time RJio launches commercially in January 2017 I think almost every 4G mobile user must be having one Jio SIM and most of the calls or video calls might not require point of interconnect at all since it will be from Jio to Jio. It is the duty of all telecom License holders to provide sufficient POI to handle calls without drops.

Prepaid is clearly mentioned with pre alloted number on my Orange pouch and while taking my sim I asked them about postpaid SIM and they confirmed that they only have prepaid sim at the moment._20160912_031222.JPG

Prepaid mentioned in the image is for Price of Sim

For plan

At the right bottom corner of the pouch you will see two boxes

Prepaid

Postpaid

Check which one of that has been ticked

Prepaid mentioned in the image is for Price of Sim

For plan

At the right bottom corner of the pouch you will see two boxes

Prepaid

Postpaid

Check which one of that has been ticked

Prepaid is the price of SIM !! Ha ha ha.:D

The price will appear in place of "Not for sale" in future when the SIM will be available for purchase and Prepaid or Postpaid will marked beside that.

As far as the box on the right bottom corner is a design by default (the Prepaid Base Tariff 2p/sec etc. is also mentioned at the bottom - but does not mean anything)

FYI - neither Postpaid nor Prepaid box is ticked since the sticker is self-explanatory and Qr Code has all the details - a part of which is peeled off and is pasted on the CAF with all details in it including Allotted Mobile number, ICCID (SIM number), IMSI number & Circle Code as well as a copy of QR Code containing all this information for scanning.

Prepaid Sims are marked because they have pre allotted number associated with them.

Later on they will have BLANK Sims which can be used for New Postpaid/MNP connections as well as for replacement for either Postpaid or Prepaid lost or damaged SIM.

Edited by LTE4G

I dunno why it is printed so.

As i said, here we all received postpaid corporate connection eventhough it had a preallotted prepaid pack orange color.

Number would be same, but they would place order marking it as postpaid enterprise.

I dunno why it is printed so.

As i said, here we all received postpaid corporate connection eventhough it had a preallotted prepaid pack orange color.

Number would be same, but they would place order marking it as postpaid enterprise.

We all know that a prepaid number can be converted into postpaid from the back end if they want.

Please check the Sticker - Is it written Prepaid beside "Not for sale" ?

I went to Reliance Digital Express in delhi to get Mifi device. Got the device, now waiting for the activation of SIM.

The guy there told me that Postpaid and MNP will probably start from 1-Jan-2017 or maybe few days before that.

• Like 1

@sanjay0501 I know there are lot of pending activation and also they are not giving new SIM. Somebody sent me a video where a store gave SIM once the executive realised that it was being recorded otherwise you need to get a token and then you get SIM.

I spoke to a Reliance Digital Mini store employee. He said that refill of Orange Pouch sims has stopped. Starting next week, he will be getting Blue pouch sim cards. Tokens have also stopped being issued for the time being due to unavailability of sims. Mostly reissue of sims will take place after 25th.

We all know that a prepaid number can be converted into postpaid from the back end if they want.

Please check the Sticker - Is it written Prepaid beside "Not for sale" ?

Please see the pic below. The number was not converted back/forth. The order for activation (the order details you see in myjio portal) mentioned as for Postpaid Enterprise Plan and it was activated as postpaid.

IMG_2344.JPG

Please see the pic below. The number was not converted back/forth. The order for activation (the order details you see in myjio portal) mentioned as for Postpaid Enterprise Plan and it was activated as postpaid.

IMG_2344.JPG

This means all SIM cards are with pre allotted numbers and prepaid by default, but the postpaid plan is actually set by Team Jio as per the order for activation on the same SIM.

They are doing so because they don't have blank SIM - and a postpaid user cannot choose number of his choice as offered by other telecom operators for postpaid subscribers. Though the plan is postpaid one has to settle for a pre allotted number available and cannot choose number of his choice from the series at present.