Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

MNP to Jio 4g (Postpaid / Prepaid)

Here they have started giving Blue sims (Blank) for all prepaid and postpaid (retail and corporate) via Jio Centres. Also MNP is active.

1 hour ago, Ashokjp said:

Here they have started giving Blue sims (Blank) for all prepaid and postpaid (retail and corporate) via Jio Centres. Also MNP is active.

How MNP is being handled or entertained by Jio stores ? Not seen in Mumbai yet.

Are they accepting request directly or one has to again generate coupon code on his 4G handset to avail MNP also.

Are they accepting request directly or one has to again generate coupon code on his 4G handset to avail MNP also.

Coupon code is still a must...
Sir. Kindly Do Ours also if u know them

MNP for now is not a good decision, even for secondary connections. AVoId group will never give enough poi till the end of freebies as they don't have any other weapon to counter the jio freebies and avoid port out of their customers. Even if trai slaps them with penalty, they will say, we are increasing poi, it will be OK within weeks, but still deliberately not give enough poi for sure.

So wait for the drama to complete by 31-dec-16. But one thing is for sure, if jio increases the free usage till March 2016, then real high end users will get annoyed of jio without any doubt. Except few of high end users who got early access to jio services [like us], most of them are waiting for end of free services. They really don't care much about free services, don't like standing in lines, don't like the way DX store guys [due to heavy work load] treat, don't like to wait few weeks for activation. For them, even paying double for services is better than bearing those annoyances and that's where AVoId rules. The people who are ready to stand in line for hours doing nothing will not really help jio in ARPU.

But, If you still want to try MNP on jio for your tertiary number [hardly used for calls], then look for a DX store with NO lazy guys [hard to find] and also having eKYC facility + blank sim availability. Finding such a store is slightly easier than finding an unicorn. I have got all my jio sims from other state as the DX Mini guys in my hometown are good for nothing, super lazy+ dumb, burden for jio. All the best.

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Very much correct Sir. In todays The Times Of India, there is a news that Airtel CEO met TRAI Chairperson stating that Airtel is working to provide more POIs to Jio and that it may take a few weeks to do so. They are just killing time. But here in Mumbai Voda is the most notorious. Vodafone  is not allowing outgoing calls from V to Jio also. Whereas Airtel nos can be still contacted after 3 to 4 attempts.

Mukesh Ambani is here to do business and not charity.

The reason behind giving Free is to import as much as users on their network so that the network gets over saturated (Because the low ARPU users try to squeeze the last bit of data which otherwise they cannot afford to). He wants to make sure that the system shall perform well in future - so by doing so he will be able to test the load capacity and stability of his network as well.

Further being a business man he will also be able to release payment of the company who is commissioning the project across India once he is convinced that the system is OK for handling extreme load (conducting real time thorough testing).

As far as calls are concerned Jio themselves are responsible for call drops - By doing so they are tarnishing the image of competitors as well as savings money which they have to pay as interconnect charges otherwise.

Just the way they have put a limit of 4GB for data - likewise they have also put a limit in their network for total number of calls to through to other networks which costs money to them.

Out of total subscribers hardly 20% of the users will be heavy users whereas 70% will be average users and 10% will be light users once the charges are imposed after commercial launch. So finally when FREE scenario will be over the Jio performance will surge up suddenly.

But as KanagaDeepan said Jio should not Drag/extend this FREE scheme beyond January otherwise it will obviously have adverse affect as well as give opportunity to AVoID to hold back customers with new lucrative offers (which they have already started).

Instead of FREE they should have given the SIM for some kind of advance 3 months deposit/subscription which would be adjusted once the commercial services start and shall be binding - then the things would have been different and only genuine users would have approached for the SIM.

At the moment any TOM DIC-K & HARRY is just taking a SIM for 3 months FREE RIDE and believe me will never ever use JIO once the free period is over. So although Jio may succeed in having millions of subscribers in their customer base but the active users will be much less than that after commencement of the commercial launch.

Good luck JIO!!

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 7

Seeing the amount of call drops and the drastic reduction in data download speed I'm sure I will not port my primary or secondary number to Jio . I might ditch the sim after the free period is over . I had got my sim before the free offer with my galaxy note 5 , so at that time there was no rush at the shop and activation too was done in a day . Download speeds too were good back then .

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE

10 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Mukesh Ambani is here to do business and not charity.

The reason behind giving Free is to import as much as users on their network so that the network gets over saturated (Because the low ARPU users try to squeeze the last bit of data which otherwise they cannot afford to). He wants to make sure that the system shall perform well in future - so by doing so he will be able to test the load capacity and stability of his network as well.

Further being a business man he will also be able to release payment of the company who is commissioning the project across India once he is convinced that the system is OK for handling extreme load (conducting real time thorough testing).

As far as calls are concerned Jio themselves are responsible for call drops - By doing so they are tarnishing the image of competitors as well as savings money which they have to pay as interconnect charges otherwise.

Just the way they have put a limit of 4GB for data - likewise they have also put a limit in their network for total number of calls to through to other networks which costs money to them.

Out of total subscribers hardly 20% of the users will be heavy users whereas 70% will be average users and 10% will be light users once the charges are imposed after commercial launch. So finally when FREE scenario will be over the Jio performance will surge up suddenly.

But as KanagaDeepan said Jio should not Drag/extend this FREE scheme beyond January otherwise it will obviously have adverse affect as well as give opportunity to AVoID to hold back customers with new lucrative offers (which they have already started).

Instead of FREE they should have given the SIM for some kind of advance 3 months deposit/subscription which would be adjusted once the commercial services start and shall be binding - then the things would have been different and only genuine users would have approached for the SIM.

At the moment any TOM DIC-K & HARRY is just taking a SIM for 3 months FREE RIDE and believe me will never ever use JIO once the free period is over. So although Jio may succeed in having millions of subscribers in their customer base but the active users will be much less than that after commencement of the commercial launch.

Good luck JIO!!

well written! 

this is exactly the case with my family. we were RIM subscribers since it's inception by Mukesh-bhai and continued till the younger one dumped CDMA! 

since we had to change our handsets, we bought Dual SIM Lyf Wind4 in June 2016 & Ported our RCDMA Nos. to Airtel [no RGSM 3G in Karnataka & 2G is Pathetic@1800MHz].

we will be using our Jio connection only for Free Voice, SMS & Data and shall discontinue once the service becomes chargeable

best wishes 

@LTE4G Good point, reg the possibility of call being restricted from JIO's end as well, to minimize IUC payments...

Now I have seen that only 100 calls / minutes free per day limit applicable for prepaid users in JIO. NOT sure, if its a welcome offer thingy or applicable for all, especially in Rs149 plan. I am sure nobody will care about that in JWO, as calls are hardly connecting. For Rs149 per 28 days, if they apply the same limit (100 mins per day) that brings to 2800 minutes for Rs149 and with current IUC of 14p / min it comes to around Rs392. That Rs243 loss can be easily adjusted by IUC from incoming calls [14p/min income by IUC] and Jio2Jio calls (no need to pay IUC for the calls), unused FREE calls per day, overage charges @ 2p/sec in home and Rs0.45 / Rs0.80 / Rs1.15 during roaming.

Simply put, FREE calls is NOT a big deal / loss for JIO, imho...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

@LTE4G good point, reg the possibility of call being restricted from JIO's end as well.

Now I have seen that only 100 calls / minutes free per day limit applicable for prepaid users in JIO. NOT sure, if its a welcome offer thingy or applicable for all, especially in Rs149 plan. I am sure nobody will care about that in JWO, as calls are hardly connecting. For Rs149 per 28 days, if they apply the same limit (100 mins per day) that brings to 2800 minutes for Rs149 and with current IUC of 14p / min it comes to around Rs392. That Rs243 loss can be easily adjusted by IUC from incoming calls and Jio2Jio calls (no need to pay IUC for those calls). Simply put, FREE calls is NOT a big deal / loss for JIO, imho...

Plans might undergo further modification till final launch and may look like this:

Unlimited calls to any Network in India*(Terms & condition apply)

* As per FUP only first 100 minutes per day will be free.

:D

• Like 1

Why not to think that IUC will go away soon? I see incoming chargeable days are not far.

Why not to think that IUC will go away soon? I see incoming chargeable days are not far.

Yes, but not so soon. Even though trai has started asking opinions about reduction in IUC [releasing consultation papers and incumbents said they will reply after October auctions only], the first batch of change will come after Mar 2017 only. Reason -- after the last reduction in IUC to 14p [from 20p], trai said next reduction will be after an year or two. Already there was pending case reg IUC reduction by incumbents in court [but AVoId group is not going to win that for sure].

Further there is a talk that the initial IUC reduction will be around 5 to 9p and not 'bill and keep' policy or 0p IUC. Else it will be more than obvious that jio is favored by that move. Most probably IUC will be phased off during 2018.

I personally want IUC to be reduced to 5 or 6p level and not zero. Or at least not till major telcos implemented end to end ip with volte [like jio] in major areas.

If IUC is reduced to zero levels, then unlimited voice will be given by all, even small telcos. Then the call quality, especially in legacy 2g networks will become terrible and no improvement / upgradation will be done by telcos. But in end to end ip networks, it's entirely a different ball game altogether..

Port in started in jio from 22nd sep

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

Digital Xpress store here received some stuff related to porting this week and should be available for everyone by next week

Port in started in jio from 22nd sep

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

Yes, I saw about 3000+ blue sim [blank with no number in it] cards in SIVAKASI DX Mini store yesterday and 3 eKYC devices. All queues vanished within a day thanks to eKYC system and now they have no normal orange sims. Reason being, jio has almost exhausted the 7xxxxx number series allotted to them.

I just applied to port my tertiary tata GSM postpaid number [got as it's vanity number + almost sounds like my primary number] and gave them port code + my Lenovo vibe P1 barcode from my jio app + my aadhar number and no paper docs not even my photo.

The whole process gets completed within 2 minutes, even the retention team from Tata called after 20 mins only. I rejected staying back. I am first one to port from postpaid number in my town.

So people who don't like to wait in queue, use this method, if eKYC is available in a store near you.

• Like 2

@KanagaDeepanare calls and SMS going through? In Mumbai, I have given up calling and messages. I used for data only and even speed of data is now very low compare to what it was earlier.

6 hours ago, csmart said:

@KanagaDeepanare calls and SMS going through? In Mumbai, I have given up calling and messages. I used for data only and even speed of data is now very low compare to what it was earlier.

In Mumbai Data speed is crawling like 2G and calling Tata Docomo takes 4-6 attempts & Vodafone takes 8-15 attempts whereas connects to Reliance Rcom 4G immediately.

Only Jio Intranet is working fine (JioTV, JioCinema, JioMusic etc.).

@KanagaDeepan Yes the crowd at Mumbai has also reduced drastically due to e-KYC. Will try porting one of my number next week.

Edited by LTE4G

On 9/22/2016 at 2:07 AM, LTE4G said:

MNP is done by JIO direct offices in city NOT Reliance Digital OR Reliance Digital Mini

I decided not to port, the services are highly unreliable now

MNP is done by JIO direct offices in city NOT Reliance Digital OR Reliance Digital Mini
I decided not to port, the services are highly unreliable now

That's for big corporate postpaid connections. I am talking about individual connections. Even DX Mini handles MNP now [to jio prepaid connections as jwo, even if we insist for jio postpaid]...

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

That's for big corporate postpaid connections. I am talking about individual connections. Even DX Mini handles MNP now [to jio prepaid connections as jwo, even if we insist for jio postpaid]...

No, when i go there, even people with codes were waiting there for their turn, some sitting outside in steps. security calling them one by one for signing up

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

As I said before they are issuing Prepaid only and may come up with Postpaid conversion offer (with security deposit) later next year for individuals. Since collecting security deposit cheques etc. will be extra work at present.

Next year they may come up with some online payment of security deposit and online application for coversion from Prepaid to Postpaid as the account will get verified againt Aadhar by itself and no new form will be required (only for aadhar based everified customers).

BTW Mukesh is known for his ideas & offers for pulling customers.

23 hours ago, csmart said:

I can feel your pain, bro.. The sad fact is, Tier 1 cities are NOT that much worth living now like some years ago.. I am feeling blessed to be in small town now. Even though the speed was much worse like 14 to 18Mbpx now -- comparing 62+Mbps speed jan/feb 2016 (when I has all of those towers in my town for my own usage), it is still more than enough for me.

• Like 1

I feel petty for RIL employees who ported their corporate numbers to Jio and now they seriously need a PA to keep making calls 4-5 times before a call is established!

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

i have done successfully ported my rcom 4g to jio 4g no total 6 days to done process request submitted via ekyc

• Like 1

MY frnd Is A Big Distributor Of JIO... He Is Providing Me MNP Sims.. But The Problem is His Office is in Kandivli (Mumbai) Around 120 kms (Return) From My Place... Only he is having that sims... some from kandivli or mumbai can collect :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jxd4you said:

i have done successfully ported my rcom 4g to jio 4g no total 6 days to done process request submitted via ekyc

RCOM 4g was POSTPAID or PREPAID? and now u have done to JIO POSTPAID?