Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

MNP to Jio 4g (Postpaid / Prepaid)

I have 3 SIMs on my Aadhar. All of them are new Jio numbers.

I want to port one of my old Telenor (previously RCDMA) secondary number to Jio.

Do you think they will disallow me because it will be the fourth number on the same Aadhar number ?

1 hour ago, MOBILE FAN said:

I have 3 SIMs on my Aadhar. All of them are new Jio numbers.

I want to port one of my old Telenor (previously RCDMA) secondary number to Jio.

Do you think they will disallow me because it will be the fourth number on the same Aadhar number ?

From what I heard from Jio executives in Delhi NCR, you can have 5 connections per Aadhar Card.

AFAIK anyone can possess maximum 9 connections all together from different or same operator.

MNP also requires Bar code. But I have already generated Bar Code earlier when I got my first SIM.

How will I generate a new bar code for MNP ?

10 hours ago, MOBILE FAN said:

MNP also requires Bar code. But I have already generated Bar Code earlier when I got my first SIM.

How will I generate a new bar code for MNP ?

Now the coupon code is just the IMEI number of the handset - so try using your second SIM slot and it will generate the IMEI as bar code. (You should connect to Internet through the second SIM Mobile data connection and not Wifi or SIM 1 data to try this) Note: Better have only SIM inserted in SIM slot 2.

Is Mnp working .anyone ported successfully

2 hours ago, ramtech said:

Today while announcing "Happy New Year Offer" Mukesh Ambani confirmed that now they are accepting MNP - his words were :

"Most of these users do not want to give up their existing phone numbers.

I am happy to inform that Jio now fully supports MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY,

and all customers can retain their existing number when they migrate to Jio."

This will come in force since 4rth December 2016 with the implementation of "Happy New Year Offer".

Looks like, now there is NO need to generate BarCode for MNP from 4th December onwards... Good

Looks like, now there is NO need to generate BarCode for MNP from 4th December onwards... Good

Bar code is mandatory.

So incase you have alreadu generated and bought a sim on your existig phone. You cant port.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes i have ported to JIO.

Its already more then a month.

It was completed within 7 day timeline.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If barcode is still mandatory, then it is better NOT to port to Jio till the free services ends, imho..

They have opened MNP for all but still blocking Foreign handsets till they open up that front I wont port in to JIO

then jio cannot get genuie customers

Most of genuine users have taken the jio sim already for testing using barcode from existing 4g phones.Now they want to port their existing number to jio and use it regularly means they cannot port.Because they have already generated code, cannot generate second code on same mobile.So either they have buy new phone or stay with the present operator.Having already one 4g phone no one will want to invest in new phone.In this way jio will not get custmers for regular use.

OR

Jio should give option to deactivate/cancel the already taken JIO sim and port existing  regular number  inplace of  cancelled JIO number without need for Bar code

• Like 1

I wonder why Jio is still persisting with this free offer genuine customers are getting irritated we were hoping by Jan things will settle but Jio continues with free till Jan 

The new "MyJio" app generates IMEI number as Coupon code. The case is that if you are connected to internet through SIM in Slot 1 and Slot 2 is empty it generates Slot 1 IMEI as coupon code so if you put the SIM in Slot 2 and keep the Slot 1 empty and connect to internet - you might get Slot 2 IMEI as coupon code.;)

4 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

I wonder why Jio is still persisting with this free offer genuine customers are getting irritated we were hoping by Jan things will settle but Jio continues with free till Jan 

Jio has restricted free data to 1GB per day now to avoid congestion created by heavy users and have provided an option for paid recharge for extra data at 4G speed just to provide benefit to genuine customers who want good service and don't mind paying for it too.

see here http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37862-reliance-jio-launched-on-september-5/?do=findComment&comment=332840

i have done Airtel Postpaid to Airtel Prepaid last month... and again i submitted request that airtel prepaid number for porting in jio on 8 dec (2 days before).  got a confirmation sms from jio for new porting request......... now waiting for porting acceptance in jio..

guys after moving from postpaid to prepaid in airtel can we port after 1 month or we have to wait for 3 months to port?? 

rimweb gurus kindly reflect some light on this :)

Called at least 6 Reilance Digital Store and Mini in Pune. All of them are saying that MNP is not started. When confronted that many people have already done that, they are saying that it is not yet started in Pune.

Any idea which Pune store is allowing MNP ? I want to port from Idea.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:50 PM, ayaz_cool said:

i have done Airtel Postpaid to Airtel Prepaid last month... and again i submitted request that airtel prepaid number for porting in jio on 8 dec (2 days before).  got a confirmation sms from jio for new porting request......... now waiting for porting acceptance in jio..

guys after moving from postpaid to prepaid in airtel can we port after 1 month or we have to wait for 3 months to port?? 

rimweb gurus kindly reflect some light on this :)

If you have filled new CAF (customer acquisition form) then you may need to wait for 3 months completion afaik, as you will be treated as new customer for them...

On 12/16/2016 at 4:48 PM, MOBILE FAN said:

Called at least 6 Reilance Digital Store and Mini in Pune. All of them are saying that MNP is not started. When confronted that many people have already done that, they are saying that it is not yet started in Pune.

Any idea which Pune store is allowing MNP ? I want to port from Idea.

Yes go to reliance digital Pimple  Saudagar Store (Konkane chowk) they are accepting MNP

Edited by anshu_s09

15 hours ago, anshu_s09 said:

Yes go to reliance digital Pimple store Saudagar (Konkane chowk) they are accepting MNP

Digital Pimple store?? Most probably a typo, I think. But can't guess the correct word in that place though.

Edited by KanagaDeepan

today applied porting of my main number From Reliance GSM to JIO. Took less than 3 mins to complete the process.

Generated bar code on same 4g mobile for second time and applied.

Waiting for the porting completion...........................

Edited by ramtech

Plmple Saudagar is very far. Is there any store near NIBM, Wanowrie, Hadapsar ? I called up Wanowrie store but they are not aware of it.