Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

MNP to Jio 4g (Postpaid / Prepaid)

The worst ever service by Jio. Complaints are just closed without any resolution. In total 5 complains closed by them (all 5 where opened after the last was closed)

At my residence my phone show 5 bars of network with only jio as network name. in this status the my phone is unreachable and i am not able to make any calls.... 

then i put the phone in airplane mode and retry for the network 2-5 times i get network with 5 bars and Jio VoLTE as network name (Network name JIO LTE in iPhone), thats when my phone works. But these A**holes don't understand the problem at all and nothing is done. i have requested for engineer for visit so that i can explain the problem, but no use.

The phone again after sometime shifts to the other network when i move from one room to other......

So in short i am un-contactable when i reach home....... and my wife is totally un-contactable...... 

DONT PORT TILL THEY ARE COMMERCIALLY READY TO LAUNCH THEIR SERVICES, UNLESS YOUR NUMBER IS NOT IMPORT FOR YOU 

Edited by ultapulta
  • Like 1

Dont port to jio..... if the network is bad in ur area then u r doomed...... i am stuck cause i ported my number...... 

Guys I am Beta Testing Jio's MNP Process in MH Circle. Have put multiple MNP request to all operators except Aircel in MH

My Current Observations:

1] Operators Easiest to Port Out : Telenor/RCom

2] Operators denying most MNP port in requests by assigning reason "Wrong UPC or UPC mismatch" as per Jio People;

3] Most Operators Claim that they have not received Port Out Request when their customer care is contacted. Jio people are strongly refuting this.

4] Jio's CRM software is also having some issues in handling MNP customer relations/support ( Minor teething trouble).

5] Digital/Dx or any Jio seller will mostly accept MNP request only after some cajoling or showing some understanding about failure of the process.

6] Co-operation available in the form of new offer codes in some cases of MNP rejection at Jio Office and not anywhere else , i.e Digital/Dx/ sellers.

Edited by SUN ONE

No other Reliance Digital exception MNP ?

On 02/12/2016 at 9:36 AM, KanagaDeepan said:

If barcode is still mandatory, then it is better NOT to port to Jio till the free services ends, imho..

Barcode is not mandatory now. I asked one of the executives who was sitting near office. He said Bar code not required. Only Aadhar card number required.

Successfully ported my main number from RGSM to JIO To day 

• Like 1

Ported from Airtel Postpaid - Mumbai to Jio within 5 days.

No issue in porting. Convinced Airtel with valid reason (changing company and will not get CUG benefits in current company - other operator).

also paid bill in advance. Maintain negative balance at the time of porting process.  

9 hours ago, anky said:

Ported to Jio from Tata Docomo Mumbai in 5 days . No problems .

From which store you tried. As couple stores in South Mumbai refused to port it

4 days before submitted porting request of my current reliance gsm postpaid number at reliance digital. Verified with ekyc process..  jio has issued mnp Order...still it is not processed... when contacted the jio customer care they are telling that it is reliance gsm has not accepted jios mnp request.. also when contacted reliance gsm cc they say that they have not got any caf form or mnp request from jio....

Ultimately customer suffering.. i have cleared all dues in reliance gsm postpaid and paid extra amount also...

now i have sent mail to care@jio.com,  customercare@relianceada.comappellate.mah@jio.com

C.C - to  daca@trai.gov.inap@trai.gov.in

:Dhope it will be done now :)

My exp with Vodafone postpaid Maharashtra. 

They refused port out twice. I had paid 300 rs extra over and above the billed amount and first they refused with reason outstanding balance. 

Idiot vodafone guys did not understand that I had extra payment and hence it was showing as minus 300 and it was taken as due.  

Second time gave vodafone my piece of mind and porting went through. 

Both times jio employees were supportive and happy to help. Hats off to their twitter team as well. 

Finally i got My Airtel Prepaid (Mumbai) Ported to JIO Maharashtra.. After Submitting Request On jio TWITTER a.c  ... jio Twitter Guys are Following Every Request.. 

My portin to Jio Maharashtra from Vodafone prepaid maharashtra has been very smooth.

Generated portout code

ekyc done at jio ,

instantly got a confirmation vodafone "your portout request has been approved will inform with date and time shortly"
got jio sim activated exactly 6th day itself
no need to to do televerification

14 hours ago, advsushiltater said:

But there is lot of problem in jio's network, shouldn't port till network improves.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

"lot of problem.." Can you name a few problems?

I am also using Jio since last year September onward.

If after porting someone doesn't like Jio he can always port out again after 90 days.;)

"lot of problem.." Can you name a few problems?
I am also using Jio since last year September onward.
If after porting someone doesn't like Jio he can always port out again after 90 days.

Problem is my 90 days are not over.
There is problem in voice clarity, incoming & outgoing: other operator allows 2 calls out of 10. Internet speed is very slow in daytime.

I've ported to Jio because of 850 band of Jio, as I was using reliance CDMA prior and connectivity of CDMA was very good in our office, since Jio has taken this band from RCOM, I ported. I'm not saying Jio's services are not good but they are yet at experimental phase, they have not started more than 50% of towers in Ahmedabad (as information by Jio technical departments employee). After commercial launch their service may be good but till now, you have to face problem. It's very annoying, when other side can't hear you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have ported to jio on 23rd december.90-95% calls are getting connected.call quality is excellent.in hyderabd

A friend ported his VIP nos from Vodafone and BSNL to Jio transparently. No sweat.

Is there a way to validate port code?

My request from chorcom to jio is hanging in air chorcom says it take 7-14 days so wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

My request from chorcom to jio is hanging in air chorcom says it take 7-14 days so wait

u r lucky, for me they say that they have not received the request from jio and jio says that port code is rejected by reliance

Edited by ssr

Successfully ported a Reliance 4G/LTE number to JIO on 2nd attempt in UP (W) circle. Just make sure to choose the service provider as Reliance 4G/LTE and not Reliance GSM for successful porting.

Successfully ported a Reliance 4G/LTE number to JIO on 2nd attempt in UP (W) circle. Just make sure to choose the service provider as Reliance 4G/LTE and not Reliance GSM for successful porting.

Can you throw some light on the choosing part is there another method to port other than SMS to 1900