Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

MNP to Jio 4g (Postpaid / Prepaid)

27 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

At present it is showing 30th June (default) - which may change to 3rd June (28 days) after some time & shall be auto renewed twice there after.

Please keep check on My plan & let us know the changes if & when it occurs.

thank you @LTE4G :):) 

I heard that after MNP to Jio, many users are not getting the SMS from Bank, OTP, etc etc.  Is it true?

48 minutes ago, inception said:

I heard that after MNP to Jio, many users are not getting the SMS from Bank, OTP, etc etc.  Is it true?

for me otp & Bank sms all are working.

I went to jio.com & did sign up with the email id & mobile number, then under settings it has DND option for us to choose as per our needs.

SMS sending to special numbers starting with 5 & 6 fails with error 29. (For example HDFC bank SMS banking number 5676712). Complaint was lodged but closed without any resolution. Upon escalating to apellate authority, they have informed that sending SMS to special numbers is currently disabled system wide for all. They were unable to mention any timeline when this will be enabled.

I have a Vodafone SIM, a MTS SIM and a Jio SIM. 

As MTS has been acquired by RCOM, I don't feel safe with MTS, though network is still excellent. Will porting to Jio be a wise decision? 

Becoz, often I find that when data is on, I can't make outgoing calls at 1st attempt nor I am getting incoming calls.

2 hours ago, inception said:

Becoz, often I find that when data is on, I can't make outgoing calls at 1st attempt nor I am getting incoming calls.

I am using LavaX11 as well as Redmi note 3 and never ever faced any such issue (Both handsets are VoLTE). Instead noticed that the call works simultaneously while data is also downloading. Get your handset checked - maybe there might be some issue with VoLTE.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LTE4G said:

I am using LavaX11 as well as Redmi note 3 and never ever faced any such issue (Both handsets are VoLTE). Instead noticed that the call works simultaneously while data is also downloading. Get your handset checked - maybe there might be some issue with VoLTE.

I agree with @LTE4G data & call works simultaneously for me as well. Mine is VoLTE handset (Redmi 4A), not sure about non-volte handsets.

Edited by vishalmcp
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, inception said:

As MTS has been acquired by RCOM, I don't feel safe with MTS, though network is still excellent. Will porting to Jio be a wise decision? 

With Vodafone SIM also in your phone (for 2G voice calls), you can safely port your number to Jio, than keeping it on MTS, imho.

The data + Voice is never an issue in all VoLTE phones I have used.

Top up your jio balance, as special numbers are chargeable and you have 0 main balance, so after recharging with top up, you should be able to send these sms.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

SMS sending to special numbers starting with 5 & 6 fails with error 29. (For example HDFC bank SMS banking number 5676712). Complaint was lodged but closed without any resolution. Upon escalating to apellate authority, they have informed that sending SMS to special numbers is currently disabled system wide for all. They were unable to mention any timeline when this will be enabled.

Top up your jio balance, as special numbers are chargeable and you have 0 main balance, so after recharging with top up, you should be able to send these sms.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, advsushiltater said:

Yes ! And same stands for calling premium numbers (reverse billing numbers) too, as well as ISD will also be charged from the main balance unless you subscribe any ISD pack.

Well i have sufficient main balance, still SMS to special number like HDFC Bank 5676712 is not going. As mentioned earlier, Appellate authority informed that it is disabled from back end. Calling to Toll Free numbers like 1 800 (including JIO's own toll free number :o) was not working earlier but now works.

46 minutes ago, rajanmehta said:

Appellate authority informed that it is disabled from back end.

But why? Did they give any specific reason? By when it will be enabled?

I wonder how can Jio expect people to opt for MNP and switch to their network if they keep such important things disabled even after commercial launch.

Oh! I forgot that their software is still not properly configured to identify / filter the chargeable SMS. :oops:

Recently I also had faced a strange issue with SMS.  I was in Mumbai & when I tried sending sms to jio, non-jio number, I got message sending failed error.

But my daily sms count got reduced. Not sure what was the issue..

Management praxis says that companies which focused on quality have succeeded in the long run, even with higher prices. Whereas companies which tried to compete only on price, have failed in the end, in spite of initial successes. Vast majority of users are dissatisfied with the erratic service provided by Jio, and will never make it their primary number. They do not complain, just because of the price. Only it will take a long time for the game to end, as Jio can afford costly ventilators to keep them just alive.

1 hour ago, d_d said:

Vast majority of users are dissatisfied with the erratic service provided by Jio

Source of information??

Because I have approx. 15 - 20 Jio connections among my family & close circle in different cities & non of them/us is dissatisfied.

Even i feel the services are not upto mark in bangalore. 

Cannot make calls when at railway stations(city central railway station), bus stations, shopping malls or crowded places. 

Same in case of data at these places. 

Edited by h1ghlander

7 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Source of information??

Because I have approx. 15 - 20 Jio connections among my family & close circle in different cities & non of them/us is dissatisfied.

Have all of them ported their primary number to Jio? If not, it shows that they are not fully satisfied. Most people may say they are happy, because calls are free!

I'm not agree with above comments, they are improving their network constantly. I've not faced any single call failure for last two months. Data speeds are improved. I'm from Ahmadabad, speed is improving day by day, right now on roaming in Chennai, I'm getting speed between 10 to 30 Mbps. My airtel number is struggling to get good speed and voice quality is also reduced on airtel. Jio is going to be strongest network in India till the end of 2017.

7 hours ago, d_d said:

Have all of them ported their primary number to Jio? If not, it shows that they are not fully satisfied. Most people may say they are happy, because calls are free!

Weird logic. The number of porting into a network means that the customers are satisfied (before using the network? ) - so according to you in the past few months highest number of people have ported their numbers to Airtel / Vodafone / Idea and not Jio.  Is it so? 

How can you decide that the user is satisfied prior to using a network? Just because he decided to port his primary number to a particular network.  No! Not at all. And there is no survey report of how many people have ported to Jio - so your statement is not justified either.

According to me if existing users (using services for more than 3 months) on a network decides to opt for paid services (or continue using services) means they are satisfied and want to continue. As per survey in March more than 72 million Jio users out of 100 million opted for paid services & some even did multiple recharges like me, itself proves the ratio of satisfied users.

Let me tell you that a operator whether Jio or any other cannot satisfy its100% customers so the ratings depends on majority basis.

Simply if you are not satisfied doesn't mean that majority of the users are not satisfied. As per March surveys approx. 72% of Jio customers seems satisfied & you fall in the 28% unsatisfied category. 

Further I already have a Jio number so why should I port my primary number. I have never ever ported any of my numbers - all are on their original networks.

To conclude I should mention that all networks in India have their pros and cons (non is perfect) and one excels another in services from region to region. So the service of one network can be better in one region or area whereas other can be better in another area. So if a network is good in my area as well as My roaming areas then it is good network for me. Service is more important & pricing is secondary because if I am not able to use the services I am paying for, it's of no use even if it is cheap.

Edited by LTE4G

In terms of Porting, I had shifted my Dad's primary number to Jio... satisfied...

monthly outgoing usage of 1200-1500 mins.

My main number is still with Vodafone due to international Roaming, at home 40% of time it latches to Edge...yes E...but I have bsnl broadband to take care of my and Mom's internet usage at home

Overall we have 5 Jio connections in family ..all are satisfied(3 Main number, 2 secondary. Location is roaming Nasik, Mumbai, Jaipur and heavy roaming usage at Bhopal, Jabalpur, Itarsi). But even with secondary number it is treated as main No for Internet and Outgoing 

Edited by SUDYEcaZ
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

Overall we have 5 Jio connections in family ..all are satisfied(3 Main number, 2 secondary. Location is roaming Nasik, Mumbai, Jaipur and heavy roaming usage at Bhopal, Jabalpur, Itarsi). But even with secondary number it is treated as main No for Internet and Outgoing

Yes ! My main number for internet & outgoing is now Jio whereas my primary number is still Vodafone (mostly for incoming & few outgoing too). I mostly use my number in Mumbai western suburb (in between Bhayandar to Church gate) & didn't face any connectivity or speed problem. Further Jio's roaming coverage was great with signal present everywhere while traveling from Mumbai to Delhi and up to Haridwar. People in my circle are using Jio in Mumbai, New Delhi, Ranchi (Jharkhand), Kolkata (West Bengal) and Patna (Bihar) without any issue and are happy.

I have been using Jio since September last year and observed that Jio is constantly improving over time (Network, Speed & as well as apps) & not downgrading, so I feel that Jio will emerge as a robust network in coming years.

The only drawback at present is that Jio's customer service is poor and back-end system software is not up to mark.

Edited by LTE4G

22 hours ago, LTE4G said:

The only drawback at present is that Jio's customer service is poor and back-end system software is not up to mark.

Very TRUE. Jio need to correct them, both are very very important.

In my place, performance of Jio has increased to mind-blowing levels. We are using Jio mainly for data, as almost all of my family members are using Airtel's infinity postpaid plans (Thanks to JIO) for voice calls. Speed of Airtel has reduced to 10Mbps (which is still NOT bad, comparing 3Mbps of Vodafone, 0.3Mbps of BSNL) from earlier 20+Mbps speed. But Jio speed is great around 26 to 35Mbps (speed varies by time of course).

We already have good Local broadband provider with 3Mbps unlimited -- a very reliable connection and JioLink with 4GB per day, which is also working great. The backup BSNL BB connection was closed as its the most un-reliable one. I have recharged my family members' 3 Jio numbers with Rs999 on March itself, all those have got 100GB FREE usage for 3 months without any daily limit, we find it very hard to exhaust them. Few years ago, we don't had any reliable BB connection, even if we are ready to spend upto Rs3k to 5k per month. But now, we are spoiled with choices, all thanks to Jio.

Even wrt voice calls, Jio is good enough, except to Bull $hit Nigam Limited LandLine calls. But we rarely use Jio for voice calls, as Airtel was super generous and succeeded in retaining us. I used to pay Rs1599 + Taxes to Airtel to get 10,000 minutes (incl roaming) + 8GB of 3G/4G data. Now I am paying just Rs649 for unlimited calls (incl roaming) and 21GB of data. My other family members are paying Rs349 for Unlimited calls (incoming roaming FREE) and 11GB of data. Further HD Voice calls in Airtel (on its DC-HSPA network -- 10MHz 3G) network is equal or better than VoLTE calls of Jio, imho. Yes, calls to most numbers (especially Airtel) connect instantly, like Jio 2 Jio calls. But in roaming, normal voice calls on Airtel 3G (5MHz 3G) is good-enough only as its NOT HD, like DC-HSPA of TN.

I know Jio is the reason for Airtel's new found love for its customers. So thanks to Jio. I am waiting for Jio's VoLTE button-phone. Without that I can't move all my Corp connections to Jio, even if I want to.

• Like 1

Jio has issues with calls, well atleast in my case though Jio data services are great except in rural areas where Jio 4G depends on 850MHz network only and both data and voice affected heavily.