Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

MNP to Jio 4g (Postpaid / Prepaid)

Very TRUE. Jio need to correct them, both are very very important.

In my place, performance of Jio has increased to mind-blowing levels. We are using Jio mainly for data, as almost all of my family members are using Airtel's infinity postpaid plans (Thanks to JIO) for voice calls. Speed of Airtel has reduced to 10Mbps (which is still NOT bad, comparing 3Mbps of Vodafone, 0.3Mbps of BSNL) from earlier 20+Mbps speed. But Jio speed is great around 26 to 35Mbps (speed varies by time of course).

We already have good Local broadband provider with 3Mbps unlimited -- a very reliable connection and JioLink with 4GB per day, which is also working great. The backup BSNL BB connection was closed as its the most un-reliable one. I have recharged my family members' 3 Jio numbers with Rs999 on March itself, all those have got 100GB FREE usage for 3 months without any daily limit, we find it very hard to exhaust them. Few years ago, we don't had any reliable BB connection, even if we are ready to spend upto Rs3k to 5k per month. But now, we are spoiled with choices, all thanks to Jio.

Even wrt voice calls, Jio is good enough, except to Bull $hit Nigam Limited LandLine calls. But we rarely use Jio for voice calls, as Airtel was super generous and succeeded in retaining us. I used to pay Rs1599 + Taxes to Airtel to get 10,000 minutes (incl roaming) + 8GB of 3G/4G data. Now I am paying just Rs649 for unlimited calls (incl roaming) and 21GB of data. My other family members are paying Rs349 for Unlimited calls (incoming roaming FREE) and 11GB of data. Further HD Voice calls in Airtel (on its DC-HSPA network -- 10MHz 3G) network is equal or better than VoLTE calls of Jio, imho. Yes, calls to most numbers (especially Airtel) connect instantly, like Jio 2 Jio calls. But in roaming, normal voice calls on Airtel 3G (5MHz 3G) is good-enough only as its NOT HD, like DC-HSPA of TN.

I know Jio is the reason for Airtel's new found love for its customers. So thanks to Jio. I am waiting for Jio's VoLTE button-phone. Without that I can't move all my Corp connections to Jio, even if I want to.

Whether Airtel unlimited calling is including roaming outgoing?

5 hours ago, commonman said:

Whether Airtel unlimited calling is including roaming outgoing?

Yup.. For me, the roaming including outgoing calls are FREE, as I am in 649 Infinity plan (In Airtel, all infinity plans with rent 649 or above have roaming outgoing free). For others in 349 Infinity plan, only incoming roaming calls are free (apart from all local/std calls in home circle). Now got an email from Airtel CEO that from July there is yet another surprise offer coming, may be continuation of that 10GB per month data for another 3 months. Now the Local BB provider has increased the speed to 20Mbps MAX (Download 20Mbps & Upload 10Mbps) from 3Mbps (with unlimited data usage no FUP). BSNL LL people also retained me, using the 647Rs UL 2Mbps plan. OMG, It is raining data offers, from all the possible sides. Obviously thanks to Jio.

Is there any issues going on with Jio for MNP? I've been checking multiple Reliance Digital stores and Jio Centers in Bangalore over the last 2-3 days and all of them say MNP is down everywhere in India. They said there is some server issues going on with Jio so during the MNP process, it errors out. 

• Like 1

Is there any issues going on with Jio for MNP? I've been checking multiple Reliance Digital stores and Jio Centers in Bangalore over the last 2-3 days and all of them say MNP is down everywhere in India. They said there is some server issues going on with Jio so during the MNP process, it errors out. 

I don't see a issue with MNP, I have ported into to Jio from Vodafone and the changeover was seamless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/08/2017 at 5:42 PM, rameshmadhavan said:

I don't see a issue with MNP, I have ported into to Jio from Vodafone and the changeover was seamless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it was a temporary issue around that time period (August 7 - August 15), I was able to initiate the porting process yesterday ie August 21st without issues. 

• Like 1

Does Jio send any SMS regarding porting request and its progress like "porting request received", "approved", porting date and time, etc?

Last week I enquired about MNP at Jio Store (Mumbai) and was told that there is no issue if the existing number is prepaid but in case of post paid sometimes MNP gets rejected without any reason. May be deliberately done by donor Network. 

Edited by LTE4G

22 hours ago, Shivang Singh said:

Does Jio send any SMS regarding porting request and its progress like "porting request received", "approved", porting date and time, etc?

I initiated the porting process from Vodafone postpaid to Jio on 21st, and the only SMS that I received regarding the porting was from Vodafone, which came almost immediately after the order was placed on Jio's side. (After biometric verification etc on the Jio agent's device)

The message stated

'Hello! Your Porting Request XXXXXXXX dated 21Aug17 has been acknowledged. We will communicate the Porting date and time shortly.'

And the only message that I received from Jio was to the alternate number that I provided to Jio, with the details of the order number and things like that. 

I think Jio can definitely improve on the communication, saying port out request received and all those. 

Edited by varkey
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 5:02 PM, varkey said:

I initiated the porting process from Vodafone postpaid to Jio on 21st, and the only SMS that I received regarding the porting was from Vodafone, which came almost immediately after the order was placed on Jio's side. (After biometric verification etc on the Jio agent's device)

The message stated

And the only message that I received from Jio was to the alternate number that I provided to Jio, with the details of the order number and things like that. 

I think Jio can definitely improve on the communication, saying port out request received and all those. 

I have also requested yesterday.

But i got 3 sms

sms on altenative number- mentioning order number

on PORTING number -sms2 from jio saying porting request received

sms3- from vodafone saying acknowledged request.

My request is vodafone (postpaid ) to jio prepaid.

store person said, change in procedure, we did not pay Rs99+309 upfront. bcoz i remeber on of friend lost 2*99, when his request was rejected by donar twice and jio disnt provided refund.

@varkey does ur number got ported? which day 4th or 7th?

update:

Today is 4th day and got sms that request is approved by donar operator(vodafone), we will send date and time shortly.

second sms- Welcome to jio, your porting request is complete, your service will start on 1st SEP 2017

NOW question is

1) shall i wait till jio phone come to my hand, then make rs153 recharge OR

2) pay rs399 +( jio prime 99) and get 3 months and then think of any other offer.

Edited by me_saket

On 29/08/2017 at 0:48 PM, me_saket said:

I have also requested yesterday.

But i got 3 sms

sms on altenative number- mentioning order number

on PORTING number -sms2 from jio saying porting request received

sms3- from vodafone saying acknowledged request.

My request is vodafone (postpaid ) to jio prepaid.

store person said, change in procedure, we did not pay Rs99+309 upfront. bcoz i remeber on of friend lost 2*99, when his request was rejected by donar twice and jio disnt provided refund.

@varkey does ur number got ported? which day 4th or 7th?

If its with EKYC then expect it to be done within 4-5 days as with my every MNP request. Traditional method might take a little longer. Also beware of Vodafone as they are very very infamous for rejecting porting requests on absurd grounds.

Also keep us updated of the process including the communications received from Jio as i was planning to take up the matter of "lack of communication from Jio side while porting a number" to Jio care.

Go for option [2]. JioPhone is coming later and may be you need to get new number and there are too many confusions wrt JioPhone, including delivery date.

Further Rs399/84 days is cheaper than Rs153/28 days. Go for it. Go for JioPhone when there is the much needed clarity...

On 8/31/2017 at 9:49 PM, Shivang Singh said:

If its with EKYC then expect it to be done within 4-5 days as with my every MNP request. Traditional method might take a little longer. Also beware of Vodafone as they are very very infamous for rejecting porting requests on absurd grounds.

Also keep us updated of the process including the communications received from Jio as i was planning to take up the matter of "lack of communication from Jio side while porting a number" to Jio care.

to update, 

My Vodafone was postpaid, It was 90th day of postpaid connection(calculated from date of activation of POSTPAID), but as per DOT it says 90th day on network. (prepaid days of 8 months is not counted by me.

I didnt received any communication of PORTING TIME and DATE, Neither vodafone and nor jio.

My vodafone sim network goes-off suddenly at 22.00 hours, and after 8 minute received EMAIL from jio, saying PORTING request completed and it will be activated by 6.00 AM.

and second email says RS 0 Tariff activated

third email - You JIO number is ported,

But jio sim started showing signal within 5 minute, but only incoming sms was coming, none of income and outgoing and data was working.

On 2nd SEP, next day morning incoming started and just now made recharge now outgoing and data working fine. 

On 9/1/2017 at 10:55 AM, KanagaDeepan said:

Go for option [2]. JioPhone is coming later and may be you need to get new number and there are too many confusions wrt JioPhone, including delivery date.

Further Rs399/84 days is cheaper than Rs153/28 days. Go for it. Go for JioPhone when there is the much needed clarity...

Good one, and finally today i made recharge lot 399+99. i thought i can save rs99 by using current MOTO E4 plus jio offer, which say 5GB/month extra and (its confusing) but says complementary recharge of jio prime once per device.

To update

Is ECS Mandatory for Postpaid?

22 hours ago, ssr said:

Is ECS Mandatory for Postpaid?

It looks like, YES. Not only that, you also have to signup for auto debit from bank account. It's really a deal breaker for me. May be MDA didn't forget and got the fear from initial RIM postpay non paying customer issues, some 15 years back. 

This is the reason, I am not going to move my Corp postpaid account to jio. Airtel infinity Corp plans are good enough now. 

On 23/08/2017 at 5:02 PM, varkey said:

The message stated

Just wanted to give an update regarding the porting. Mine was from Vodafone Postpaid to Jio Prepaid. 

MNP request / eKYC at Reliance Digital - August 21st, 2017 9 PM

Received an SMS from Vodafone immediately ie at 9:02 PM stating

'Hello! Your Porting Request XXXXXX dated 21Aug17 has been acknowledged. We will communicate the Porting date and time shortly.'

Did not receive any SMS from Jio except for the order details on the alternate number. Vodafone called me 2-3 times asking why I am porting out etc and tried to offer retention plans. On the 4th day, ie August 24th, 2017 10:01 PM I got another SMS from Vodafone stating port out request has been accepted.

'Hello! Your Porting Request XXXXX dated 24Aug17 has been approved. We will communicate the Porting date and time shortly."

Immediately following the SMS from Vodafone, got another SMS from Jio stating

Dear Customer,
Your request for mobile number portability of number xxxxxx has been cleared by your current operator. Your number will be activated on your JioSIM on 26-Aug-17.
Thank you,
Team Jio

On August 26th night around 10:30 PM, lost the Vodafone signal, but since I was travelling I could get to the Jio sim only after an hour or so. Once I inserted the Jio SIM it immediately latched on to the network and incoming calls were available. I then did the Rs 498 recharge for Prime + JDDD offer. 

1. No proper communication from Jio to the affected number. 

2. Time of porting was not sent by Vodafone or Jio. 

^^^ this is stansted with Jio. They don't send any message on when Seychelles will be activated. Even I had similar issue. At midnight, phone just stopped and I realised when I woke up in the morning. As soon as I inserted Jio SIM, incoming started.

On 10/22/2017 at 10:49 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

It looks like, YES. Not only that, you also have to signup for auto debit from bank account. It's really a deal breaker for me. May be MDA didn't forget and got the fear from initial RIM postpay non paying customer issues, some 15 years back. 

This is the reason, I am not going to move my Corp postpaid account to jio. Airtel infinity Corp plans are good enough now. 

Today I placed request to port my 2nd number to Jio prepaid

But is it possible to switch postpaid later?

46 minutes ago, ssr said:

Today I placed request to port my 2nd number to Jio prepaid

But is it possible to switch postpaid later?

Yes after 90 days.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:54 PM, LTE4G said:

Yes after 90 days.

Thanks, after 90 days still I have give ECS ?

Rcom to Jio smooth PORTING experience (Mumbai circle). Unlike others I received several SMSes throughout the process.

31-10-2017    Sent SMS "PORT 93XXXXXXXX" to 1900 at 9:55 AM.

31-10-2017    Received SMS from 1901 at 11:37 AM.

"Dear Reliance Customer Your Porting Request Code number is RMXXXXXX. The code is valid till 14-NOV-17. Thank you."

31-10-2017    In the evening we applied for MNP at Jio Store (since UDAI server was slow it took approximately 15 - 20 minutes).

31-10-2017    Received SMS from JM-JioNew on Rcom number at 6:13 PM

"Dear Customer, Your request for mobile number portability of number 93XXXXXXXX has been sent to your current operator for clearance.We shall keep you updated on the status. Thank you, Team Jio"

31-10-2017    Received SMS from JG-JIONET on alternate number at 6:13 PM.

"Thank you for choosing Jio. Your Order Number for new Jio connection is NO0000XXXXXX. To track the status of your order through MyJio app, go to Menu and select 'Track Order'. If you are a Mobile user, insert your Jio sim in Sim slot 1 of your dual sim handset, ensure that the network mode is 4G/LTE and data preference is set to Sim 1. To know 'How to Set up Jio Network' on mobile, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3HCntJ5N74 (Not applicable for JioPhone)."

5-11-2017    Received SMS from JM-JioNew on Rcom number at 9:49 AM.

"Dear Customer, Your request for mobile number portability of number 93XXXXXXXX has been cleared by your current operator. Your number will be activated on your Jio SIM on 6-NOV-17. Thank you, Team Jio."

7-11-2017    Received SMS from JM-JioPay on Rcom number at 12:40 AM (6th Midnight).

"We are happy to inform you that your number 93XXXXXXXX is ready for port-in to Jio and the port-in process will be completed by 6:00 AM. Once your existing SIM stops working, please insert the Jio SIM in sim slot 1 of your smartphone and tele-verify.If you are a Prepaid user, please do a recharge on activation to start using Jio services. For Tele-verification dial 1977 from your Jio number Tele-verification is not required for e-KYC activations & for Jio Corporate connections."

7-11-2017    Received SMS from JG-JIONET on Rcom number at 12:41 AM (6th Midnight).

"Dear Customer, First recharge of Rs. 0 is successful for your Jio Number 93XXXXXXXX. Entitlements: 0 MRP Product to manage your account with MyJio app, click on https://www.jio.com/GetMyJio Thank you, Team Jio."

7-11-2017    Received SMS from JM-JIONET on Rcom number at 12:41 AM (6th Midnight).

"Welcome to Jio. Your Jio Number 93XXXXXXXX has been successfully activated. Kindly insert your Jio sim in Sim slot 1 of your dual sim handset, ensure that the network mode is 4G/LTE and data preference is set to Sim 1. To know 'How to Set up Jio Network' on mobile, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3HCntJ5N74 (Not applicable for JioPhone)."

7-11-2017    Received SMS from JM-JIONET on alternate number at 12:41 AM (6th Midnight).

"Welcome to Jio. Your Jio Number 93XXXXXXXX has been successfully activated. Kindly insert your Jio sim in Sim slot 1 of your dual sim handset, ensure that the network mode is 4G/LTE and data preference is set to Sim 1. To know 'How to Set up Jio Network' on mobile, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3HCntJ5N74 (Not applicable for JioPhone)."

7-11-2017    Unexpectedly the Rcom SIM was still working till late evening and since the number belongs to my wife & she returned late in the night, we finally inserted the Jio SIM at around 11:56 PM.

So after inserting new Jio SIM......

7-11-2017    Received SMS from Reliance on Jio (ported SIM) at 11:57 PM.

"Success! Phone RECORD IS successfully deleted FROM the DATABASE."

Finally the number is now working on Jio and I made a online recharge of ₹558 (₹99 + ₹459) for 84 days plan.

Edited by LTE4G

Rcom to Airtel PORTING experience was NOT as smooth as Jio (Mumbai circle).

I received only three sms and even after porting there was incoming issue from Vodafone, Dolphin (MTNL Mumbai) & Rcom. After visiting Airtel store although Vodafone and Dolphin incoming problem got solved but till date when I call from my Rcom (3G SIM) to my Airtel ported number, it say "Please check the number you have dialed..."

30-10-2017    Received SMS from 1901 at 10:19 AM. (Received without asking)

"Dear Reliance Customer Your Porting Request Code number is RMXXXXXX. The code is valid till 14-NOV-17. Thank you."

2-11-2017    Went to Airtel and they offered ₹178 (28GB 28 days) and ₹495 (84GB for 84 days) plans - I took ₹495 plan.

2-11-2017    Received SMS from AZ-AIRFTA on Rcom number at 1:06 PM.

"Your request for Porting the 93XXXXXXXX to Airtel has been received."

2-11-2017    Received SMS from AM-AIRCLB on Rcom number at 4:25 PM.

"Dear Customer, your porting request for mobile no. 93XXXXXXXX has been sent to Reliance Com (CDMA). The same will be processed by 2017-11-06 13:00:09:0 subject to approval from current operator."

8-11-2017    Received SMS from AM-AIRCLB on Rcom number at 9:06 AM.

"Dear Customer, your porting request for mobile no. 93XXXXXXXX to Airtel has been validated by Reliance Com (CDMA). The number will be ported-in to Airtel by 2017-11-08 22:30:00:0."

After midnight I inserted my New Airtel SIM (when the Rcom SIM stopped working) and it started working immediately - but I noticed that although I was able to call all other networks but incoming call was only from Jio network. By 7:00 AM in the morning incoming from Vodafone also started working, but when there was still incoming issue from Dolphin & Rcom till afternoon I went to Airtel gallery and they took my complain assuring that it will get sorted within 24 hours.

Further I was shocked while doing First Recharge, when the executive said that the plan has been revised and now I will ONLY get 70 days benefit instead of 84 days fro ₹495 as promised while taking the connection. I insisted that while applying you did mention the plan 495 in my online form against FRC so I should get the benefit as was valid on the date of application, but they were reluctant (My first experience with Airtel) and I had no option.

Now incoming have started from Dolphin (MTNL) but still when I dial my ported number from my Rcom (3G SIM) - it says "Please check the number you have dialed...". I am not facing any such problem with my other number which I ported to Jio.

Anyway I am not much bothered about Rcom's incoming issue as it will get over by 30th November when the network itself will get offline for voice services. Rest I am able to receive incoming calls from all other networks.

Not to mention that I am using this Airtel connection in my 3G Handset and I am getting Very GOOD 3G speed although there is a frequent dormancy problem when the connection switches from HSPA+ to 3G.

Edited by LTE4G

When you PORT to other operator.

Every operator need to change LRN code.

MTNL , RCOM are lazy and sometimes takes more time.

Secondly. Recharge benefit in prepaid is as per System configured on day of recharge , If it would have ben POSTPAID you might get old benifit, but in case of prepaid 70 days correct.

Can you Please share Airtel 2g and 4g experince in mumbai. Becuase Airtel and hopefully all Other Will shut-down 3G for sure. It make more Business once Band 1 gets activated. Same 5Mhz gives More Speed, EFFICIENCY and COST benefit when used for VOLTE.

One important case is from 2016-17 onward every(majorly and improving growth-source check IDC) Smartphone is handset is 4g. Thus who ever using 3G handset will buy only 4G handset once its replacement life-cycle comes. Now a days Average life of handset is 2-3 years.

So operator has to make more investment to convert 3g ( band 1) spectrum ready for VOLTE, because One user, who is using 3G in Q1-2017 when go for new handset in Q4-2019 will definitely switch to 4g at SAME Rate at higher speed.

Waiting for reply on 2g and 4g Network in mumbai. 

1 hour ago, me_saket said:

When you PORT to other operator.

Every operator need to change LRN code.

MTNL , RCOM are lazy and sometimes takes more time.

Yes ! agree but the other Reliance 4G number which I ported to Jio did not give any such problem.

Secondly. Recharge benefit in prepaid is as per System configured on day of recharge , If it would have ben POSTPAID you might get old benifit, but in case of prepaid 70 days correct.

Yes I know that - but while filling the online application form (on their Mobile) they forced me to choose either ₹178 or ₹495 FRC as there was a column for FRC in the form. When I said that I will decide after porting they told me that it is mandatory (reason why I argued with them later). I have been to 2 - 3 different Airtel Stores in my locality and non of them was interested in providing a Prepaid SIM and said that prepaid porting normally gets rejected from Rcom and creates problem and persuaded me to go for Postpaid connection instead.

Can you Please share Airtel 2g and 4g experince in mumbai. Becuase Airtel and hopefully all Other Will shut-down 3G for sure. It make more Business once Band 1 gets activated. Same 5Mhz gives More Speed, EFFICIENCY and COST benefit when used for VOLTE.

At present I am getting very good 3G (HSPA+) speed - approx. 6 to 7 Mbps in my area. Will be able to report properly only after using for at least 15 - 20 days at different locations in Mumbai. Airtel has already launched VoLTE in several circles including Mumbai.

Read Here https://www.airtel.in/volte & https://www.airtel.in/press-release/09-2017/airtel-launches-volte-services-go-live-in-mumbai

Waiting for reply on 2g and 4g Network in mumbai.

Will revert after using Airtel for few days.

Edited by LTE4G

15 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Yes ! agree but the other Reliance 4G number which I ported to Jio did not give any such problem.

Yes I know that - but while filling the online application form (on their Mobile) they forced me to choose either ₹178 or ₹495 FRC as there was a column for FRC in the form. When I said that I will decide after porting they told me that it is mandatory (reason why I argued with them later). I have been to 2 - 3 different Airtel Stores in my locality and non of them was interested in providing a Prepaid SIM and said that prepaid porting normally gets rejected from Rcom and creates problem and persuaded me to go for Postpaid connection instead.

At present I am getting very good 3G (HSPA+) speed - approx. 6 to 7 Mbps in my area. Will be able to report properly only after using for at least 15 - 20 days at different locations in Mumbai. Airtel has already launched VoLTE in several circles including Mumbai.

Read Here https://www.airtel.in/volte & https://www.airtel.in/press-release/09-2017/airtel-launches-volte-services-go-live-in-mumbai

Will revert after using Airtel for few days.

I initiated porting of  2 numbers last week. Delhi postpaid to Vodafone Kolkata prepaid and Kolkata postpaid to Airtel Kolkata corporate postpaid.

Even at vodafone store, the guy first tried to push postpaid saying the RCom to prepaid has problems. But when I said that then I will try some other operator, he quietly went ahead with prepaid. The he also advised to do FRC of 177 after activation. But as indicated by someone  in another thread, apparently MNP numbers does not need FRC and can directly go for regular recharges.

The Airtel guy came to my home for doing the formalities, benefit of corporate connection. He said that for RCom number MNP they are given extra money and so they are working even on Saturday and Sunday and they get more for postpaid. When I match the two experience, clearly, the sales guys are just trying to maximize their income by pushing postpaid, saying  one thing or other.

In case of Vodafone, got SMS that my request has been received. In case of Airtel got multiple SMS, the last one saying that my porting request has been sent o RCom for approval.

Edited by commonman

As I mentioned before that I was not able to receive calls from Rcom on my Airtel (Rcom to Airtel ported - Mumbai circle) number - I complained twice but nothing happened.

But today I realised that I was not receiving SMS alerts from my Bank too (from RM-XXXXXB - seems they were using Reliance for bulk SMS). I called again at 1800-103-1111 (Airtel MNP no.) and insisted to talk to some senior executive. I was literally shocked, when after explaining the issue he told me that there is no such complain lodged against my number and the complain number given to me is a call record number for information regarding open network. Finally he took my fresh complain and told me that it will get resolved in 24 hours.

Few hours later I received delayed SMS alert from my Bank but the number was IM-XXXXXB (seems they have also switched to Idea).

Viola ! I was surprised when by evening I started receiving calls from Rcom numbers too.

So all my issues after porting my number to Airtel finally ended.:clap1:

Update on 15 November : Today at 7:01 AM I received the final SMS from AZ-AIRFTA saying "Your PORT IN request is successfully activated."

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1