Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

MNP to Jio 4g (Postpaid / Prepaid)

On 11/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, commonman said:

I initiated porting of  2 numbers last week. Delhi postpaid to Vodafone Kolkata prepaid and Kolkata postpaid to Airtel Kolkata corporate postpaid.

Even at vodafone store, the guy first tried to push postpaid saying the RCom to prepaid has problems. But when I said that then I will try some other operator, he quietly went ahead with prepaid. The he also advised to do FRC of 177 after activation. But as indicated by someone  in another thread, apparently MNP numbers does not need FRC and can directly go for regular recharges.

The Airtel guy came to my home for doing the formalities, benefit of corporate connection. He said that for RCom number MNP they are given extra money and so they are working even on Saturday and Sunday and they get more for postpaid. When I match the two experience, clearly, the sales guys are just trying to maximize their income by pushing postpaid, saying  one thing or other.

In case of Vodafone, got SMS that my request has been received. In case of Airtel got multiple SMS, the last one saying that my porting request has been sent o RCom for approval.

Porting experience

RCom Delhi postpaid to Vodafone Kolkata prepaid

10-11-2017 4 PM Request submitted.

10-11-2017 6 PM Received SMS in alternate no about submission

15-11-2017 5 PM Received SMS from Voda in RCom SIM that request has been approved by RCom

15-11-2017 11.30 PM Recevied SMS in alternate no that voda SIM is now active

16-11-2017 3 PM RCom SIM stopped working

16-11-2017 5 PM Inserted Voda SIM. Manually searched and selected Voda IN network. CAlled 59059. IVR option for selection of language and activation of data. On selection, Vodafone SIM active.

17-11-2017 1 PM Some bank OTP SMS problem in new SIM. ICICI OTP did not come but account debit SMS came for txn done by UPI. IRCTC bought 2 tkts but SMS came for only 1

RCom Kolkata postpaid (in the name of my late mother) to Airtel Kolkata postpaid (in my name)

11-11-2017 4 PM Request submitted.

11-11-2017 6 PM Received SMS in alternate no about submission

17-11-2017 4 AM Received SMS from Airtel in RCom SIM that request has been activated

17-11-2017 5 AM Received 3 SMS from Airtel in RCom SIM about details of services activated along with plan details and billing cycle.

17-11-2017 8 AM RCom SIM still working. Removed RCom SIM and inserted Airtel SIM. Called 59059. IVR language selection. Then had to go through lot of unnecessary bull**** about hello tune selection. Airtel SIM active. Yet to check about call receiving and SMS.

Just recently ported to Jio. For last few days, data speed has drastically reduced to 2-3 Mbps from 15-20 Mbps. Contacted Jio call centre and their standard reply was that the current speed is considered as good and they would take my feedback to erect more towers in the area !! RCom 4G speed was above 15 Mbps consistently.

2 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

Just recently ported to Jio. For last few days, data speed has drastically reduced to 2-3 Mbps from 15-20 Mbps. Contacted Jio call centre and their standard reply was that the current speed is considered as good and they would take my feedback to erect more towers in the area !! RCom 4G speed was above 15 Mbps consistently.

Rcom 4G had very few number of users. Jio 4G has too many number of users.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

Subscriber base of Jio has increased drastically without similar increase in infrastructure and that has resulted in pathetic speed. Actually we all should fight for good speed and voice calls rather than low cost. 

• Like 2

This is kind of offtopic, but need some opinion from members. 

Isuue #1. My parents have 2 MTS connection. Now we all forget the SIM cards were taken by whose documents. Can we port these numbers to Jio by giving probable IDs? 

I meant to say a SIM was taken with my id, can I port to another operator by giving another person's ID? 

Issue #2. my brother has left India and requested for port out to airtel from jio before leaving country. Interestingly airtel sims which were given to him, are yet to be active and Jio SIM continues to work fine. Is Jio blocking port out? 

Here the same question arrives again, as the Jio SIM of my brother lies with me, can I port the SIM to airtel with my documents? 

Issue #3. What are the dual 4G supported handsets available in market? 

(airtel 4G/Jio 4G both access needed)

9 hours ago, csmart said:

Subscriber base of Jio has increased drastically without similar increase in infrastructure and that has resulted in pathetic speed. Actually we all should fight for good speed and voice calls rather than low cost. 

On my experience in certain places of Kolkata - specially in Rajarhat-Newtown area, Jio does not have proper 2300/1800 coverage and SIM shifts to 850MHz even on outdoor areas. And the speed is pretty low - max 5Mbps on outdoor and less than 800kbps on indoor most of the time.

So in case Jio has no own 4G coverage in this area, it relies on RCom 4G 850Mhz which in turn has better speed - 8-14Mbps most of the time. Why this difference? 

2 minutes ago, inception said:

Isuue #1. My parents have 2 MTS connection. Now we all forget the SIM cards were taken by whose documents. Can we port these numbers to Jio by giving probable IDs? 

I meant to say a SIM was taken with my id, can I port to another operator by giving another person's ID? 

Issue #2. my brother has left India and requested for port out to airtel from jio before leaving country. Interestingly airtel sims which were given to him, are yet to be active and Jio SIM continues to work fine. Is Jio blocking port out? 

Here the same question arrives again, as the Jio SIM of my brother lies with me, can I port the SIM to airtel with my documents? 

Issue 1- Yes definitely, i have ported two of the SIM cards from my father's id to my id. There is no mechanism in MNP to check the ownership of the numbers. Please note that while porting they (store executive) may ask if the number is under your ownership. Reply yes even if it is not.

Issue 2- Ask airtel CC to check the status for you.

Issue 3- I think they are but very limited.

1 minute ago, inception said:

On my experience in certain places of Kolkata - specially in Rajarhat-Newtown area, Jio does not have proper 2300/1800 coverage and SIM shifts to 850MHz even on outdoor areas. And the speed is pretty low - max 5Mbps on outdoor and less than 800kbps on indoor most of the time.

So in case Jio has no own 4G coverage in this area, it relies on RCom 4G 850Mhz which in turn has better speed - 8-14Mbps most of the time. Why this difference? 

This is also the problem here in UPE. At my residence, Jio switches onto 850MHz with utter garbage speeds and even outdoor speeds are pathetic. Vodafone on the other hand only has indoor 4G coverage with 5-6Mbps speeds which are fine considering the state of other operators.

RCOM 4G has shared all its band 5 spectrum to Jio and is deployed by Jio itself. The RCOM 4G you see is actually Jio's network with RCOM's special MCC-MNC codes. The difference of the speeds is a strange phenomenon. At my location both RCOM and Jio has same garbage speeds. Exactly same. RCOM however uses different networking switch systems and that may possibly impact speeds in some scenario.

29 minutes ago, inception said:

Yes ! You can port to Jio using any aadhaar ID (No issue - verified by porting prepaid connection)

AFAIK there is no known issue of blocking port out by Jio. Wait as porting process is taking time these days due to Rcom customers rush.

Further - if the Jio SIM is taken by using Aadhaar eKYC then I doubt whether that can be ported out using any other person's name/ aadhaar ID (Not tried yet). May work...

AFAIK most handset available in the market support 4G on either sim only - but some new phones are arriving with 4G VoLTE support on both sim simultaneously. Will check & revert...

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, inception said:

i hope u were writing many article on telecomtalk.

yes u can port with ur EKYC with ur aadhar.

only upcoming Iphone X and iphone dual sim will support LTE+LTE.

• Like 1

I've been getting "No service" on my Jio number since this afternoon (Mumbai circle). Is anyone else also facing a similar situation?

Two other Jio numbers of a relative are also showing the same message. Both are fresh numbers got a few months ago (not ported).

Edited by natjay

3 minutes ago, natjay said:

I've been getting "No service" on my Jio number since this afternoon (Mumbai circle). Is anyone else also facing a similar situation?

Two other Jio numbers of a relative are also showing the same message. Both are fresh numbers got a few months ago (not ported).

Signal is fine at Mira Bhayandar, Kandivali, Malad & Bandra. But a few months back I also faced similar issue for few hours.

You can try switching off your handset for few minutes and then switch on or wait for some time and try.

2 hours ago, inception said:

One of my RCom postpaid no was in the name of my late mother. For obvious reasons her documents or fingerprint was not possible to be provided. Ported to Airtel postpaid in my name by quoting the porting code and giving my adhaar and biometrics without any issue. Did not even tell them that it was not earlier in my name.

If porting request was already initiated, no fresh port request can be initiated unless the earlier process has been completed, successfully or by rejection

No handset in market supports dual active 4G. Some claim dual standby 4G (i.e. both SIM can support 4G individualy) but work only in active 4G + Active 2G mode. Only few works in Active 4G + Active 3G mode. I found RN3 and RN4 supporting this. Call clarity of second SIM is better if it supports Active 3G. But Jio does not support 3G. So if you switch to 4G in second SIM, Jio will stop completely.

Edited by commonman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, natjay said:

I have faced this problem in certain locations of Guwahati. Jio signals will go all of a sudden. But if I initiate manual search, Jio 4G signals are available and SIM gets registered again.

I completed port out from Rcom to Jio but got zero balance (no data or voice balance) though I paid Rs.650 to the gallery fellow. Is this normal?

I called up Jio cc at 198 but they said they couldn't find any recharge in my number and that I'll have to recharge again. If so, what was that 650 for? Confused :huh:

11 hours ago, Openyard said:

I completed port out from Rcom to Jio but got zero balance (no data or voice balance) though I paid Rs.650 to the gallery fellow. Is this normal?

I called up Jio cc at 198 but they said they couldn't find any recharge in my number and that I'll have to recharge again. If so, what was that 650 for? Confused :huh:

You are not supposed to pay anything at the time of initiating porting. You are to recharge only after the number has been successfully ported.

11 hours ago, Openyard said:

Why did you pay ? while applying for Port in you don't need to pay anything. Did you pay ₹650 or ₹560 ? there is no Jio Prime recharge totaling to ₹650.

If you paid ₹650 then go to the gallery and tell him that the number is now active and ask him to recharge for either ₹459 + ₹99 = ₹558 (for 84GB 84 days plan) or ₹509 + ₹99 = ₹608 (for 98GB 49 days plan) and refund the balance.

Advise to all : Please DON'T pay anything when you apply for PORT-IN to any operator. You need to recharge only once the porting is successful.

Edited by LTE4G

23 hours ago, Openyard said:

This is generally done by agent or third parties and not from Digital stores. My friend who did it through agent paid 650 and break up is ₹ 459/- plan charge, ₹ 100/- Prime membership and ₹100/- service charge or whatever you want to consider. I ported 3 nos to JIo from Digital Xpress and they didn't charge anything while porting. They asked me to pay after numbers are ported. Visit the gallery and ask them. Did you get any receipt?

This should be an eye opener to all not to do porting from any of the "agents".

14 hours ago, csmart said:

This is generally done by agent or third parties and not from Digital stores. My friend who did it through agent paid 650 and break up is ₹ 459/- plan charge, ₹ 100/- Prime membership and ₹100/- service charge or whatever you want to consider. I ported 3 nos to JIo from Digital Xpress and they didn't charge anything while porting. They asked me to pay after numbers are ported. Visit the gallery and ask them. Did you get any receipt?

I ported one of my Rcom number to Jio through Digital Xpress and didn't pay a single penny and later after activation recharged ₹558 (₹459 + ₹99) online myself through JioMoney app.

For the other Rcom number which I ported to Airtel, I paid ₹10 towards sim charges while taking sim from Airtel Store and later went to the same store and got FRC of ₹495 + ₹3.00, that's all.

As already said by others, nothing to be paid at the time of port in request to any operator, once port in is successful then you can recharge through any POS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after my recent international roaming issue with Jio, I decided to port out to Vodafone. 

Dec 7th, 11 AM - Went to a Vodafone store and initiated the MNP process using Aadhaar eKYC. No charges. 

Got messages from Vodafone on the alternate number that I had provided just after exiting the store, saying they have received the port in request and another one saying they have received my documents and the number would be activated post approval. 

No SMS or notification from Jio at all or any message from Vodafone on the actual number being ported out. 

Dec 13th, 12:30 AM - Got SMS from Vodafone on the alternate number saying my Vodafone sim is active and to insert the sim. Inserted the sim and it worked right away, recharged for Rs 509 for 1 GB/day plan with 84 days validity. 

I didn't get any notification saying the MNP request was approved nor the time of the switchover. 

The most surprising part is the zero communication on the number being ported out. There was no SMS from Jio nor Vodafone on that number. Say someone generated a UPC without my knowledge and initiated a port out, I wouldn't even know that there is a MNP request in progress. 

Edited by varkey