Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

MNP to Jio 4g (Postpaid / Prepaid)

Hi Friends,

How are u all.. hope in fyn.. im starting this post regarding MNP to JIO 4g. as i know All of us are waiting for MNP to jio.... guys share your views, experience or any other news / Information regarding MNP to jio...

i have Reliance GSM Postpaid and Airtel Postpaid.. RIMWEB gurus Kindly share tricks or ideas to Get Ported To MNP...

:)

U r not the first one in the line

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

Everyone is waiting for the same. But given the current situation would be wise to port secondary number or least used number to test waters as and when it opens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jio will accept MNP from 5th Sept 2016 onward for prepaid as well as postpaid connections.

For postpaid connection you need to carry any current postpaid bill with you while filling the CAF.

Currently migrating from prepaid to postpaid or vice-versa is also not available for Jio users and will be possible in future by way of filling a Migration / CAF.

https://www.jio.com/en_US/faq/free-welcome-offer/can-convert-from-prepaid-to-postpaid-and-vice-versa.html

The link says MNP not available now will commence shortly what is your source for Sep 5th mnp starting

Did anybody try to port to Jio? 

6 minutes ago, csmart said:

Did anybody try to port to Jio? 

A better question will be, any calls from Jio to AVoId going through in first attempt (even though AVoId is the culprit)??? The answers for both the questions will be same...

• Like 1

I found calling from Jio to Jio - video & voice quality is excellent. But while calling from Jio to Vodafone - the video call fails and switches to voice call and the sound quality is also bad.:unsure:

As expected digital guys have zero clue about MNP. When asked each one says one date some a week some say in January. Funny part though announcement says sim for all mobiles they are insisting on code for new sim. Currently they accept only Aadhar card as proof

3 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Currently they accept only Aadhar card as proof

In my case when I took the JPO SIM, they refused E-Aadhar and accepted Voter ID card. They were also accepting Driving Licence.

In my case when I took the JPO SIM, they refused E-Aadhar and accepted Voter ID card. They were also accepting Driving Licence.

Currently they seem to have modified the application process no more forms they take your Aadhar number and finger prints for the applications. The store people were saying they have been instructed to issues sims for people with codes from my jio and Aadhar card. If they have alternative not sure there is loads of confusion with jio

6 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Currently they accept only Aadhar card as proof

Yes you are right!

Yes, only Aadhar and that too only physical copy and not e-aadhar.
Hope this gets sorted once e-kyc starts as Aadhar is only a number and not any document.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Another info. For e Kyc. They gonna ask for finger print plus adhar so as to give quick verification. 

Biometric verification 

Are they doing aadhar based biometric verification anywhere?

Are they doing aadhar based biometric verification anywhere?

I doubt. To support their "15 mts for verification without filling CVF" claims, biometric verification (finger print) is a must.

3 minutes ago, praveenwarrier said:

I doubt. To support their "15 mts for verification within filling CVF" claims, biometric verification (finger print) is a must.

Yes and it would also eliminate the problem of e-aadhar. Someone should file a complaint against them for refusal of e-aadhar, as it is against the official guidelines.

3 minutes ago, commonman said:

Yes and it would also eliminate the problem of e-aadhar. Someone should file a complaint against them for refusal of e-aadhar, as it is against the official guidelines.

Only the aadhar number is required and the person physically present for thumb impression verification for e KYC.

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, KanagaDeepan said:

A better question will be, any calls from Jio to AVoId going through in first attempt (even though AVoId is the culprit)??? The answers for both the questions will be same...

Already the Inter connecting is not sufficient for existing custmers. Now Jio offer is free and open for all. And now imagine As more and more customers join what will happen ?

Edited by dskumar
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, dskumar said:

Already the Inter connecting is not sufficient for existing custmers. Now Jio offer is free and open for all. And now imagine As more and more customers join what will happen ?

As more and more customers join Jio inter connectivity issue wil get solved by itself.:D

As most voice/video calls will be from Jio to Jio (Now I am calling my brother on his Jio and asking my wife and relatives also to go and get Jio).

This is what Jio actually wants so that they can continue their free voice call offer without paying interconnectivity charges. In fact if the number of subscribers increase, AVoId will be paying Jio for interconnectivity charges instead.:D

So Mukesh is trying to lure every indian to procure Jio SIM by way of 4 months free offer and aboard Jio network.;)

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Seems jio has taken Made in India campaign very seriously I have a handset which was purchased outside India was unable to generate code when I checked with cc they say handsets purchased in India will only work in jio for now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

As expected digital guys have zero clue about MNP. When asked each one says one date some a week some say in January. Funny part though announcement says sim for all mobiles they are insisting on code for new sim. Currently they accept only Aadhar card as proof

yes you are right Brother. even i went To Reliance Digital in Ulhasnagar (nr.Kalyan). The Guys At R.Digital Are Having 0 knowledge of Porting.. They Say Yet Company has not issue any guidelines on Porting and they are Busy in collection Application forms for PREPAID JIO :D

one distributor of jio told me that one black blue sim of jio will do. but they are out of stock right now.... any Rimweb family member from mumbai can help me in porting... :) 

As more and more customers join Jio inter connectivity issue wil get solved by itself.

As most voice/video calls will be from Jio to Jio (Now I am calling my brother on his Jio and asking my wife and relatives also to go and get Jio).

This is what Jio actually wants so that they can continue their free voice call offer without paying interconnectivity charges. In fact if the number of subscribers increase, AVoId will be paying Jio for interconnectivity charges instead.

So Mukesh is trying to lure every indian to procure Jio SIM by way of 4 months free offer and aboard Jio network.

Idea is good, but only problem is not everyone has 4g handset [am not even talking about volte here] and jio gives sim for one 4g handset's primary IMEI. Not everyone will rush to buy a new / old volte phone for the free calls [data is different]

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Yes you are right!

No in Pune they are accepting passport as well as any POA as electricity bill, DL , Aadhar.

I have taken connections on my passport as well as DL in pune pimple saudagar reliance digital.

MNP has been started in JIO, but MNP sim  is not in stock in Pimple Saudagar reliance Digital (Pune) as i visited in the store for MNP . i was told MNP started but MNP sim not yet received. 

Lets wait and watch

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Idea is good, but only problem is not everyone has 4g handset [am not even talking about volte here] and jio gives sim for one 4g handset's primary IMEI. Not everyone will rush to buy a new / old volte phone for the free calls [data is different]

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I am using in Slot 2 and also got SIM without any code. Read my post below

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37866-reliance-jio-sim-activation-related/?do=findComment&comment=331704

:D