Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Which Linux distro for you ? Find it out using Linux Distribution Chooser Test !

i just made the tutorial on how to connect rconnect on linux in 4 easy step

will post soon

My Ubuntu CDs arrived on 29th June. My friend who ordered Kubuntu CDs also received on the same day. This time it is a Live CD and there is "install" icon on the desktop.

My friend was using HUAWEI E321 Vcard supplied by Tata Indicom on his Laptop to access internet. We could also set up the internet connection on Kubuntu Live CD. The modem was detected as ttyUSB0. After giving phone no #777, userid and password as "internet" in the modem set up it started working but we could not browse the net.

Then we switched to windows, connected to net and obtained the DNS nos of Tata Indicom.

After giving the DNS nos on Kubuntu Live CD modem set up we could browse the net.

My friend is very much impressed with Kubuntu and decided to use it for browsing the net.

kagashe

today i got Ubuntu 20 cds :angry: i installed it and than removed it and i reinstalled fedora. I think i am fedora Addict:)

Hi guy, I have had been using Ubuntu Hoary for some time now... Could anyone help me with installation of Apache/PHP/MySQL/PHPMyAdmin on this system... I did all my work earlier using wampserver on windows computer but lately I have changed over to Ubuntu and want to continue on the same...

imvikky, Check out this tutorial

Speed up FireFox and Google Earth !

Basically you disable ipV6 which apparently conflicts with ipV4

1. Open your Gnome Terminal/ KDE Konsole and type :-

For Gnome

gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/aliases

or For KDE

kdesu kate /etc/modprobe.d/aliases

2. Kate or Gedit will open and show you this file :-

(scroll down to see what to copy and paste)

# These are the standard aliases for devices and kernel drivers.

# This file does not need to be modified.

#

# Please file a bug against module-init-tools if a package needs a entry

# in this file.

# network protocols ################################################## ########

alias net-pf-1 unix

alias net-pf-2 ipv4

alias net-pf-3 ax25

alias net-pf-4 ipx

alias net-pf-5 appletalk

alias net-pf-6 netrom

alias net-pf-7 bridge

alias net-pf-8 atm

alias net-pf-9 x25

# 1, 2, 3 new lines

alias net-pf-10 ipv6 off --

alias net-pf-10 off -- add these three lines here.

alias ipv6 off --

#alias net-pf-10 ipv6 =========comment (put #) the original line

alias net-pf-11 rose

alias net-pf-12 decnet

# 13 NETBEUI

alias net-pf-15 af_key

alias net-pf-16 af_netlink

alias net-pf-17 af_packet

3. Now "Save" and "Reboot"

There's another way too: instead of changing aliases file, create fie named bad_list in /etc/modprobe.d containing this line:

alias net-pf-10 off

This method will work even if /etc/modprobe.d/aliases get replaced at some update.

Source: Ubuntu

i use Ubuntu 7.04- the Feisty Fawn. i shifted to linux last month dhough i have my window xp (dual boot)

the help and forums are great

post-10623-1184525133_thumb.png

Edited by rahul_bhise

Any word on Fedora : Latest Built i wanna give a try

Please Guide, I also want to install WineX into to run Windows Applications

If there any other Software other then Wine also let me know.

I downloaded debian 4.0 rel 2 i386 DVD 1 (close to 4.4 GB -- phew!!!).

It is an ISO image.

So far so good.

Now the problem is that when I try to install it, the installation tells that it cannot copy file as some file may be corrupt. When I run CD Integrity check which is built into the installation menu, it indeed shows a file that does not pass MD5 Checksum. So the file is not readable.

I downloaded the particular file - unpacked the ISO - replaced it in place of old file - rebuilt the ISO. But (as I had the feeling) it didn't work.

The CD integrity check shows the same file to be not readable.

Is there any way to repair the file without having to download the whole ISO all over again?

Which Linux distro for you ? Find it out using Linux Distribution Chooser Test !

its a nice test.

nut it did not tell me something i did not know (and i dont know many things for linux)

the packages or the programs are the similar ones.. only the background color and other things vary.. evolution is packages as well as firefox 3 with opensuse as well as ubuntu, yet to check with mandriva..

so whats the difference.

Any benefits to buy the versions that are available freely? or is there something special in these paid versions..

I have tried ubuntu, and thats okay.. i would like to try other , opensuse and mandriva..

I can not able to connect to MTS internet using ZTE AC2766 on latest ubuntu. Sometime connection established but no data incoming or outgoing.! :(

Probably the autoconfigure has confused it for a GSM modem OR usb switching (from mass storage to modem) isn't working properly.

Try the following:- (just confirm that the modem is working in windows first)

Right click on the WiFi type of icon on the top bar right and click 'Edit' then select tab 'Mobile Broadband' and click 'add'. See if it shows you your ZTE2766 modem name in the drop down below. If it does, then just click next and select country and operator etc and add login/pass etc.

If you can't see the ZTE 2766 device mentioned in drop down, then do the following and tell me the output:

1. Insert your AC2766. Wait for 5 seconds and then type "dmesg" in a shell as root. (ie. first open a terminal/shell by clicking on start menu or unity button on top left and typing "terminal" and then clicking on the icon which comes. then type "sudo su" to become root. In case you have set a root password then type su and enter your password)

In the dmesg output it will say something about usb device, waiting to settle etc and see if it mentions any error or now. Or just copy paste the last 10-15 lines (use mouse to select and then press ctrl-shift-c to copy or right click > copy

2. Type "ls -l /dev/ttyU*" in terminal and see if it shows /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB1 etc

If you have another USB modem dongle, just try that to confirm that there's no issue with your usb subsystem.

Will give you more steps once you tell me whats happening with above commands.

• Like 1

I just deleted GSM usb modem from wireless connection and it is working fine now!

Good.

Network Manager has a tendency to confuse between CDMA & GSM radios specially if the device has chipset with both capabilities internally.

Ubuntu is becoming more and more like windows now so its getting difficult to do things through the command line..

My Blackberry 9650 always comes up as GSM in tethering mode in Ubuntu and its very cumbersome to get it to shift to CDMA mode through command line as there are numerous things running to make every thing run 'out of the box' and you have to fiddle with all of them.

It does do very well with 99% of the devices though even getting the country, operator and apn many times.

@amitabh

As I am new on Ubuntu, I will bug you...

I have wallpaper gallery, which I arrange by modification of date, but the default image viewer shows all pics acc. to their names. suggest a good image viewer on ubuntu.

Try using Shotwell (comes preinstalled in ubuntu 11.10/12.04b). Type shotwell after clicking on the left top ubuntu icon /launcher in Unity.

It shows the option to view by creation date etc. see screenshot. Or you can install f-spot

search for f-spot in Ubuntu App Market OR just type: apt-get install f-spot

Although, I usually just use the file explorer and click ctrl+ to magnify and see the images while in 'list mode' where i always keep files sorted by date as default settings.

post-3171-0-32244100-1329304744_thumb.pn

A count down timer on Ubuntu's home page suggests that a touch-friendly version of the Linux operating system is just a few hours away. This has the potential to be the biggest game changer for 2013. http://www.ubuntu.com/

^^^

It's Ubuntu For Phones!!!
Ubuntu On A Galaxy Nexus - Engadget Hands On Review
Ubuntu for phones - Industry proposition
  • Like 2

Don't you think its too late for ubuntu os for mobiles?? I mean android is based on linux too.. It should have come way before..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I am actually waiting for reverse one ---- Android for Desktop... Tired of using Pirated OS :grin:

ChromeOS is available for laptops.. Maybe you can check that out..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^^

With current 3G speeds, FUP, cost, Chrome book is NOT for me... I want FULL fledged Desktop OS from Google which is as powerful and simple as Android and NOT a browser that pretends like an OS...