Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vanitanigoo

Sam Sch 191 Not Starting

Guys, yesterday i dropped my mobile but even after that it was working absolutely fine, i played games for 1 hour and later on kept for charging at night.

And at the middle of night god knows what happened the display went off totally and the green light started flickering. And after that i am trying to start the mobile only the light is flickering but its not starting.

What can be the problem?? Battery or something else??

I have used this handset for around 2 yrs and is still under guarantee..Will i be charged for the repairing at the webworld??

U'll need to visit a Samsung Service Center for any of such problems. It is most possible that the motherboard of the Phone has got affected by falling down. Anyways, jus go to the Service Center n tell them that the display went off one night, They'll open it up and let u know what best is possible.

Btw, the Phone has jus 1 yr warranty. Incase u r under DAPO, the phone would have 3yr Insurance, by which u can claim insurance(ur money back) for any repairs incurred.

But sadly, ppl r not able to recover their money back thru Insurance becoz of sad National Insurance Policies! They jus dont get back to u. They r situated in Navi Mumbai and u have to go there a hundred times to get ur own money back.

Go to the service center first, n let us know what they say. I'll tell u wat i had done for one of such issues i had wid my Samsung 191 phone, then.

Guys, yesterday i dropped my mobile but even after that it was working absolutely fine, i played games for 1 hour and later on kept for charging at night.

And at the middle of night god knows what happened the display went off totally and the green light started flickering. And after that i am trying to start the mobile only the light is flickering but its not starting.

I have used this handset for around 2 yrs and is still under guarantee..Will i be charged for the repairing at the webworld??

32194[/snapback]

Most likely the flash IC is gone and it cost 5500/- to repair!

it is definately PCB / MB problem, chirag I differ from your opinion about insurance claim, till now I have claimed 2 PCB ()nce i dropped in water and once same problem like vanitanigoo) and 1 LCD display, totaling about 12k in my 3 connections. Every time I got my money within 3-4 months. Ofcourse i Had to send them reminder and couple of phone calls, I am in Ahmedabad so its not possible for me to go to them personally. There may be cases but I have had good experience.

same problem with my mobile.

i got it repaired at Rs 110/- from vashi service center.

but with a warning that it will dead again within 4-5 days

accourding to service centre person processor chip was damaged due to power Fluctuation because of battery.

my cell finally dead again after 2 months.

:) my best friend N191 died

Ya, the same problem i am facing now i have given for servicing it is working for 4-5 days only and the problem is repeating.

What i have 2 do now. Plz guys advice me.

Edited by Vishal Gupta

I had the same problem. but somebody suggested to dismantle the battery and keep the phone near a heat convecter (like Usha Lexus) with the screen facing away. It usually comes back to life for few days after keeping it for 5-7 min in front of convecter.

just do one thing pull out ur pcb and just take a hair dryier just heat the left bottom corner of your PCB there u got the one big chip that is the cpu of the PCB just plug the charger in the pc and start heating until charging is displayed on your screen constantly and thiss will solve your problem. but this is not the complete sol. just change your handet

I own a Samsung SGH-191 CDMA mobile handset. This set has developed a peculiar problem. It simply doesn't switches on! Whenever I press the power button, the phone vibrates and switches off automatically. I have tried replacing the battery with a new one but the problem persists. Can this problem be fixed? If yes, then how much it would cost to me? Anybody here, who knows about repairing CDMA handsets please advice.

I am waiting for a quick reply. :wacko:

my fone also faced similar problem, saldly ur motherboard is affected, it would cost rs 5500 to repair this n if ur under dapo then replace it with sum other fone frm web world after deducting insurance and don't even think of claiming insurance otherwise.

I own a Samsung SGH-191 CDMA mobile handset. This set has developed a peculiar problem. It simply doesn't switches on! Whenever I press the power button, the phone vibrates and switches off automatically. I have tried replacing the battery with a new one but the problem persists. Can this problem be fixed? If yes, then how much it would cost to me? Anybody here, who knows about repairing CDMA handsets please advice.

I am waiting for a quick reply. :)

Better Go to some Local Mobile repair centre.. and they will repair it for u

My friend has got same probs and he went to local repairing shop and it costed him 200 buks I think..

So check out with local repairing shop.. thats it :wacko:

Please see my last post on this thread,

thats the solution for u too

Edited by kalyan_prince

Yes, i had the same issue with this phone long time back. Got the PCB rectified from a local repairing guy and it did work fine. Sold that piece as soon as it got working! :'(

there seems to be same prob with my sch191, didnt bother to repair

same problem with me not once but twice.

first time i got it repaired for 5500/-.

this time i dont care to spend even a single rupee on this cell.

bought a new cell 2 days back, but the ##sho#es at reliance

r not able to transfer my old number on this new cell. they

say its not possible and i need to buy a new number.

it seems that since its a dapo scheme cell, they want me to get

rid of dapo and buy a new scheme.

pathetic situation for me.

jigar

same problem with me not once but twice.

first time i got it repaired for 5500/-.

this time i dont care to spend even a single rupee on this cell.

bought a new cell 2 days back, but the ##sho#es at reliance

r not able to transfer my old number on this new cell. they

say its not possible and i need to buy a new number.

it seems that since its a dapo scheme cell, they want me to get

rid of dapo and buy a new scheme.

pathetic situation for me.

jigar

Go to WW and say them u have lost ur old handset and u want to retain this no. on new handset..

ur prob will be solved ......

but rem ur old handset will become dead once u retain the no on ur new handset.....

hi guys

sam sch 191 has the same prob wid everybody,its actually something to do with network signal which can be

regulated my reliance and so many sch 191 got damaged because of this and its reliance to be blamed for this and reliance is aware of this. i had similar problem i heated the phone transfered no in another phone and threw the phone cause its grren light problem.

hi guys

sam sch 191 has the same prob wid everybody,its actually something to do with network signal which can be

regulated my reliance and so many sch 191 got damaged because of this and its reliance to be blamed for this and reliance is aware of this. i had similar problem i heated the phone transfered no in another phone and threw the phone cause its grren light problem.

Can some techie throw some lights on what he has said ??????

All the SCH N-191 handsets are on the verge of death... Thats what my dealer said!

All the SCH N-191 handsets are on the verge of death... Thats what my dealer said!

WHY ??????

Go to WW and say them u have lost ur old handset and u want to retain this no. on new handset..

ur prob will be solved ......

but rem ur old handset will become dead once u retain the no on ur new handset.....

yes kingofkalyan,

i went to webworld the same day my handset got damaged. i also bought a new handset and asked the

webworld guys to transfer the number to the new handset. it took those **ck**s 20 days to do that.

everyday the reason given to me was "server is down, sir". all along they kept suggesting me to take a new number. but i guessed the reason, and it seems the reason for they not transferring the number was my scheme (dapo).

finally, i threatened to go to consumer forum (which i really meant), and thats when they seriously took my issue and the number was activated on the new handset the next day. but it took 20 frustrating days in total.

reliance is best till we dont have to go to webworld or the service centre.

jigar

reliance is best till we dont have to go to webworld or the service centre.

jigar

Yes ur right.. Last week when i went to WW for the same no. retain case..

WW executive asked me for 300 Rs ...... I said what for.. So she said its for service and we would give u Free surfing worth RS 300......

I staright away went to Store manager and told him this stuff... and then my work was done within 15 mins.. without paying them single paisa...

no need to change the whold mother board there is a temprature sensor near LTRG (charging transistor) just replace it .

i repaired 100s of handsets with out repeating problem