Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
invisiblebond

Reliance Jio Prime Offer

Jio will start charging customers from April 1, but will offer sharply discounted prices for a year to those who sign up by the end of March under its Prime offer, Reliance Industries chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani said today. The Prime offer will open for enrolment on March 1 and close on March 31, Mr Ambani said. Under Jio's Happy New Year offer, customers currently enjoy free data and voice services till March 31, 2017. To enrol for the Prime offer, under which customers will continue to get unlimited benefits till March 31, 2018, existing and new subscribers of Jio (till March 31, 2017) will have to pay a one-time fee of Rs. 99.

Mr Ambani described Prime offer benefits as "unlimited mazaa continue hoyinga", quoting from a popular Mumbai phrase. Jio Prime offer will come at an introductory price of Rs. 303 per month, effectively just Rs. 10 per day, Mr Ambani said. Prime members will also get media services free till March next year.

He also said that on all of Jio's tariff plans, to be applicable from April 1, all domestic voice calls to any network will always remain free. Mr Ambani also said Jio's plans will offer better value for the best price, referring to the competition. Jio will match the highest selling tariff of other operators and provide 20 per cent more data than what other operators provide, he said.

Reliance Jio Launches Prime Offer, Unlimited Benefits For 12 More Months

Jio Prime is welcomed by COAI, as they are thinking it gives the incumbents to play at a level. 

But as it charges Rs 303 per month which is nearly double of country's ARPU per month - that means either people will continue to spend on Jio leaving aside his/her previous connection OR they will not use Jio. 

Not just Rs303 plan.. There is Rs149 plan, which gives 2GB data instead of usual 300MB one. Even better plan is Rs499/- where 2GB data is FREE per day.

prime plans.jpg

I am going for Rs999/- with 60GB data for 60 days. It is same as 499 * 2 months, but here is chance for using all of 60GB (no data lapse if we use less data some day) and useful for heavy downloads (eg > 2GB) as well...

• Like 1

actually 999 works cheaper than 499 plan. 499 is valid for 28 days so effective cost for 60 days is 1069. 

There is some confusion about cap on voice. Moneycontrol is saying that 1000 Minutes are free and after that Jio to Jio will remain free. 

However plans of prime are not yet available on Jio.com

Anyone having clear information on this? 

Prime and Non-Prime Plans announced

visit https://www.jio.com/en-in/4g-plans for details

Note: Every Price point has Prime & Non-Prime component (Prepaid: Rs. 19/- to Rs. 9999/-)

Edited by Hejmady
Additional Info.

I think ₹ 149/- & ₹ 303/- would be sufficient for the most users. However quality of service is more important than anything else. 

Is there way to get Jio Postpaid with Prime offer?

On 28/2/2017 at 10:35 PM, commonman said:

actually 999 works cheaper than 499 plan. 499 is valid for 28 days so effective cost for 60 days is 1069. 

₹ 499/- gives 56GB Data @ 2GB/day for 28 days whereas ₹ 999/- gives Only 60GB Data (without speed capping) for 60 days. So I think ₹ 499/- will be more suitable for heavy user since per day limit has been also increased to 2GB.

11 hours ago, LTE4G said:

₹ 499/- gives 56GB Data @ 2GB/day for 28 days whereas ₹ 999/- gives Only 60GB Data (without speed capping) for 60 days. So I think ₹ 499/- will be more suitable for heavy user since per day limit has been also increased to 2GB.

For heavy user yes. But for most users, the daily use is variable. So a plan that gives carry-forward benefit is better than one where the unused portion get expired every day. 

• Like 3

But when we have to recharge this

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, vabs said:

But when we have to recharge this

From today onwards we can recharge ₹ 99/- and become Jio Prime member which will get effective from 1st April 2017. As far as Plan is concerned, I think we will have to recharge any Plan on 1st April - since it's validity will start from the date of recharge.

For New customers either Prime Membership recharge along with any plan recharge or any other only plan recharge will be mandatory now.

so best to do it at end of March

Reliance Jio introduces 'Buy One Get One Free' recharge offer for Prime users

Source

9k=

• Like 1

Vodafone is offering Free Voice calls & 28GB Data for ₹ 346/- fro 28 Days (Offer valid till 15th March ONLY).

Further on first recharge it is giving Buy one get One Free too - Means 56GB Data for 56 days with Free calling Valid for 56 Days for the price of 346/-

Dial *121# and check yourself.

I am going for this.:D

Act fast before things change.;) (Jio effect)

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/vodafone-28gb-4g-data-unlimited-calls-rs-346-beats-jio-price/1/895886.html

Quote from the news "Vodafone will also offer double data (56GB) and double validity (56 days) the first time a user activates this pack - 1GB of 4G data daily for 56 days at just Rs 346 might just be the deal of the century."

Edited by LTE4G

Though other operators are offering almost same plan, JIO is offering many services through JIO apps like JIO TV, JIO Mags which would be free till Mar 2018

Airtel, Vodafone and Idea launched plans ranging from Rs.340-350 a month offering between 500 MB to 1GB of data per day to its subscribers to prevent them from porting out to Jio. Before this they were selling 1 GB for Rs.250 so usage was low and their last century network was able to run smoothly with that load.
But from 1st April when the usage increases over 10 fold, their towers which lack the fiber backhaul like Jio towers, will start to choke and people who once thought of them as premium networks will change their opinion based on lower performance.
But even they know their network isn’t ready for this kind of load, so instead of launching these as open market offers they are selectively giving it out to their high revenue subscribers whom they feel are more vulnerable to switch over.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Vodafone is offering Free Voice calls & 28GB Data for ₹ 346/- fro 28 Days (Offer valid till 15th March ONLY).
Further on first recharge it is giving Buy one get One Free too - Means 56GB Data for 56 days with Free calling Valid for 56 Days for the price of 346/-
Dial *121# and check yourself.
I am going for this.
Act fast before things change. (Jio effect)
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/vodafone-28gb-4g-data-unlimited-calls-rs-346-beats-jio-price/1/895886.html
Quote from the news "Vodafone will also offer double data (56GB) and double validity (56 days) the first time a user activates this pack - 1GB of 4G data daily for 56 days at just Rs 346 might just be the deal of the century."

Airtel, Vodafone and Idea launched plans ranging from Rs.340-350 a month offering between 500 MB to 1GB of data per day to its subscribers to prevent them from porting out to Jio. Before this they were selling 1 GB for Rs.250 so usage was low and their last century network was able to run smoothly with that load.
But from 1st April when the usage increases over 10 fold, their towers which lack the fiber backhaul like Jio towers, will start to choke and people who once thought of them as premium networks will change their opinion based on lower performance.
But even they know their network isn’t ready for this kind of load, so instead of launching these as open market offers they are selectively giving it out to their high revenue subscribers whom they feel are more vulnerable to switch over.

^^^ Vodafone offer is for prepaid users only and it says for first time activation. I don't know whether it means new customers only. Nobody from AVOID has announced any plans for post paid customers as of now. 

23 hours ago, h1ghlander said:

Though other operators are offering almost same plan, JIO is offering many services through JIO apps like JIO TV, JIO Mags which would be free till Mar 2018

Yes! Jio is always a better option. It is only because of Jio that they forced to offer these plans.

13 hours ago, advsushiltater said:

You are right. Jio has made them dig their own grave by putting more load on their network. But since quite some people have procured a Jio Sim and the offer is only for few selected users I believe that the service will not deteriorate that much.

5 hours ago, csmart said:

^^^ Vodafone offer is for prepaid users only and it says for first time activation. I don't know whether it means new customers only. Nobody from AVOID has announced any plans for post paid customers as of now. 

Yes it is only for prepaid users (existing & new) and for the first time it will give double data & double validity too i.e. 56Gb for 56 days instead of 28Gb for 28 days. Offer is only available to selected users and one should verify by dialing *121# before recharging.

They know that they can always block or delay a postpaid MNP request beyond 31st March by creating petty issues regarding bill dues and make you miss Jio Prime offer whereas a prepaid MNP request cannot be withheld for any such reason.

Edited by LTE4G

I am a Airtel prepaid user, i got it converted from postpaid to prepaid on feb 1st 2017, will i be allowed to port out and join JIO since i'm in second month as a prepaid subscriber and as per my understanding i need to cross 90 days to port. out

2 hours ago, h1ghlander said:

I am a Airtel prepaid user, i got it converted from postpaid to prepaid on feb 1st 2017, will i be allowed to port out and join JIO since i'm in second month as a prepaid subscriber and as per my understanding i need to cross 90 days to port. out

You can try since you have not changed your operator - AFAIK you have changed the mode of subscription from postpaid to prepaid and it should not be considered as porting or MNP. MNP is switching provider so 90 days restriction should not apply in your case.

I would suggest that you should try and see yourself - it should work unless Airtel deliberately stops it.

18 hours ago, h1ghlander said:

15 hours ago, LTE4G said:

You can try since you have not changed your operator - AFAIK you have changed the mode of subscription from postpaid to prepaid and it should not be considered as porting or MNP. MNP is switching provider so 90 days restriction should not apply in your case.

I would suggest that you should try and see yourself - it should work unless Airtel deliberately stops it.

Nope.. It will NEVER work. It is NOT just changing mode of subscription, it is as good as new connection with NEW CUSTOMER ID, NEW CAF (Customer Aquisition Form) being filled. They can LEGALLY block your MNP request if you try within 90 days of post2pre conversion and yes, there is nothing wrong in this. All you @h1ghlander can do is just wait for completion of 90 days.

Jio Prime Offer Clarification (confirmed by customer care). 

All Jio users should recharge with ₹ 99/- before 31st March. There after you should recharge with either ₹303/-, ₹ 499/- or ₹ 999/- before 31st March to avail extra offer and rest assured that your recharge will become effective from 1st April only.

Recharging before 31st will give you additional benefit as 5GB with ₹ 303/-, 10GB with ₹ 499/- & above.

Best part is that if you recharge multiple times 303, 499 or 999 etc. All recharges will be stacked in queue one after another and you will also get extra 5GB or 10GB along with main benefits. So if you recharge with 303 three times before 31st March - your plan will start from 1st April and will auto switch after 28 days to second recharge and then to third after next 28 days and so on. You will also get 5GB or 10GB extra with each of them as per eligibility.

Jio's unbeatable offer and good thought for advance revenue collection.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1