Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
invisiblebond

Reliance Jio Prime Offer

On 27/3/2017 at 9:59 PM, anky said:

If I don't avail 0f prime and don't recharge by any amount after 31 March , will I still be able to make local calls ? I don't care if data is disabled .

Sent from my HM 1S

"Calls will be free for lifetime" - Only if you subscribe to any plan & will be free till that particular plan is active on your phone. Without any plan it will be chargeable as per base rate if you have talk time balance in your account. After taking Prime membership you are switched to Plan 149 by default and your membership will get activated only if you recharge with ₹149/- or higher voucher.

So to avail unlimited Free voice calls some plan has to be active on your phone for outgoing calls.

A SIM can receive incoming calls (only local & not while roaming I believe) for a maximum of 90 days after which it will be at the liberty of Jio to decide whether or not to terminate your connection as mentioned in their term no. 6 below.

6. SUSPENSION/DISCONNECTION/TERMINATION

Notwithstanding anything contained herein, RJIL shall be entitled to suspend /terminate the Service/s (whether temporarily or permanently) to recover all outstanding and dues from the Customer, without prejudice to, and in addition to any right or remedy available to RJIL, under any applicable law, if:

• The License is suspended / terminated temporarily or otherwise vide Governments, Court's orders, TRAI's rules, regulations, orders, directions, notifications etc., including changes thereto prohibiting and/or suspending the rendering of such Services.
  • Transmission limitations caused by topographical, geographical, atmospheric, hydrological and/or mechanical conditions.
  • During technical failure, modification, up gradation, or variation, relocation, repair and/or maintenance of the Network/equipment.
  • To combat potential fraud, sabotage, wilful destruction, etc.
  • If Service is used in any manner, which violates any law or Government order/directions etc., or adversely affects or intervenes in any manner, the rendering of Service by RJIL
  • If at any time the Customer fails to satisfy requisite credit check or provides incorrect or misleading information in the CAF.
  • At any time the Customer fails to pay charges due on or before the due dates.
  • The Customer is in breach of any other provision of these terms and conditions or is declared insolvent /bankrupt /liquidated /dissolved or a Trustee or Receiver is appointed to take over the assets of the Customer.
  • Any other reason which is found to be reasonable by RJIL, warranting suspension/disconnection.
  • The provisions of Service/s (or any of them) to the Customer adversely affects the Network or equipment of RJIL or the provision of Service/s to the Customer are revoked, discontinued or suspended.
  • As per government regulations, for connections without any usage (voice/video calls, Outgoing SMS, internet usage, VAS purchases with balance) for 90 days, following actions are liable to be performed by RJIL: 1) For subscribers with less than Rs. 20 balance, all services will be deactivated pending payment of Reactivation fee for a period of 15 days. Number will be disconnected on non-payment of said Fee within this period. 2) For subscribers with more than Rs. 20 balance, Automatic Number Retention Scheme will be put into effect- Rs. 20 will be deducted and services will continue for 30 days. If there is no usage till the end of this period 1) or 2) may come into effect, depending on balance
  • Usage of Equipment by the Customer for which IMEI codes are not traceable or valid on RJIL Network.
  • Any re connection of service/s shall be done at the sole discretion of RJIL and fulfillment of other conditions as specified by RJIL.
  • The Customers shall remain liable for the charges during the period of suspension of services.
Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Prime membership extended till 15 April, also new Summer offer, 3 months of free services  on minimum 303 recharge.

http://www.news18.com/news/tech/read-mukesh-ambanis-letter-to-jio-users-after-extending-jio-prime-deadline-to-april-15-1366778.html

Except the unexpected from jio that's what it is but whole day connection has been pathetic hope it improves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:o

So Finally - Here comes the "Jio Prime" (₹99/-) blessing in disguise (Summer Surprise).

I had already hinted in my earlier post here that Mr. Ambani will not stop just here.

Full Detailed Speech of Mr. Mikesh Ambani Below ->

Mukesh D. Ambani Chairman, Reliance Industries

Dear Jio Family member,

Last month, I announced a special membership program – JIO PRIME - for all Jio customers who signed up before 31st March.

JIO PRIME offers many attractive benefits – the absolute best data tariffs in the industry, free voice calling, access to all Jio apps, and many more periodic surprises going forward. JIO PRIME members will always get the very best of what Jio has to offer.

In just one month, over 72 MILLION (and still counting!) Jio customers have signed up for JIO PRIME. We, at Jio, are honoured and grateful for this tremendous response.

I want to personally thank you for choosing Jio, and for being a founding member of the Jio movement. A movement to transform India. A  movement to empower and enrich each one of you with the revolutionary power and possibilities of Digital Life.

I assure you that Jio will always be obsessed with serving you and delighting you every day.

Over the past few days, we have been deluged by millions of customers queuing up to purchase Jio’s popular Rs 303 and other tariff plans. This nationwide trend indicates that very many customers are still in the process of purchasing JIO PRIME and their first paid tariff plan.

I am committed to WALKING THE EXTRA MILE for my Jio Family members.

We have heard your voice, and we are EXTENDING the deadline for purchasing Jio’s Rs 303 (and other) plans till 15TH APRIL. This extension will provide the necessary breathing room for users to avoid service disruption during the transition from free to paid services.

Customers who could not enrol for JIO PRIME by 31st March for whatever reason can still do so by paying Rs 99 along with their first purchase of Jio’s Rs 303 and other plans till 15th April.

Jio’s free service period is COMING TO AN END. Users who do not recharge by the extended date of 15th April will experience degradation and/or discontinuation of services.

But, I am conscious that this is the largest migration from free to paid services in history. We are committed to doing this gradually, so that both Jio and Jio customers have the time to adjust, fine tune and perfect this transition.

I want to assure you that Jio will walk alongside you all through this transition to paid services.

Dear friend,

In India, we have the fine tradition of SHAGUN – offering gifts on auspicious occasions.

For us, your first recharge is an auspicious moment. Therefore, we want to offer a token of our appreciation and gratitude to all JIO PRIME members… the JIO SUMMER SURPRISE.

Every JIO PRIME member – when they make their first paid recharge prior to 15th April using Jio’s Rs 303 plan (or any higher value plan) – will get services for the INITIAL 3 MONTHS on a complimentary basis. Your paid tariff plan will be applied only in July, after the expiry of the complimentary service.

This complimentary period will also help to familiarize Jio customers with Jio’s fully digital, self-service process of using the MyJio app to perform recharges and to set up digital payment methods for further purchases.

The JIO SUMMER SURPRISE is the first of many surprises for our JIO PRIME members. Details of JIO SUMMER SURPRISE will be available on the Jio website (http://www.jio.com).

I invite all Jio customers to take full advantage of the extended timeline, as well as the JIO SUMMER SURPRISE, and complete the purchase of Rs 303 (or higher) plan well before 15th April.

All JIO PRIME customers who have already done their first recharge of Rs 303 (or higher) before 31st March will get the benefit of JIO SUMMER SURPRISE without any further action on their part.

Dear family member,

Jio has created the world’s largest greenfield 4G LTE wireless broadband network, with over 100,000 mobile towers. And we will add another 100,000 towers to our network in the coming months. This greenfield investment – of over Rs 200,000 crores – is the largest anywhere in the world.

We are acutely aware that we have small pockets of congestion on our network. With our investment in network expansion, you will see a dramatic improvement in service quality in the coming weeks.

Mobile Number Portability (MNP), which allows consumers to retain their existing mobile number when they switch to Jio, is available for all consumers. Lakhs of consumers have already used this facility. If you have not done so already, I invite you to do MNP and make Jio your permanent home.

For International travellers, Jio’s International roaming service is now available across the world, with the best voice and data rates in the industry.

Dear Jio Family member,

I commit that Jio will always strive to provide you the highest quality – and the world’s most affordable – data and voice services.

I thank you once again for choosing Jio and look forward to you enjoying Jio’s next-generation services to the fullest.

For me, Jio is a mission to enable each one of you to live and experience Digital Life in all its destiny-reshaping possibilities.

Jio provides opportunities for every Indian to prosper and live a better life.

Isn’t it time for us, together, to strengthen the Jio Movement for creating a New India?

Yes, it is!

May you and your family members continue to live a beautiful Digital Life.

God bless you, and God bless our beloved nation.

With warm regards,

Mukesh D. Ambani

Edited by LTE4G

One of the many surprises coming on the way, who ever has recharged their no. With 149 can also avail summer surprise by recharging with 303

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, advsushiltater said:

One of the many surprises coming on the way, who ever has recharged their no. With 149 can also avail summer surprise by recharging with 303

Source for this? I have a jio number with 149 recharges would avail this offer if available

On 4/1/2017 at 2:58 AM, advsushiltater said:

It seems, Jio Happy New Yr. Offer to continue for Jio Prime 149 members till April 15, 2017 for sure!

It seems, Jio Happy New Yr. Offer to continue for Jio Prime 149 members till April 15, 2017 for sure!

Till 15th it'll continue for everyone.

Well, to be frank, I am NOT really happy with the Summer SURPRISE and am sure I will be in the minority now. I was planning to port out my secondary number + all of my corporate connections to Jio, except my main number. But we have to wait for minimum 4 months for the speed to come back to normal.

I was very happy about Jio's digital revolution in India, where thugs like Airtel are trying their level best to milk their customers (even now if given chance) by forming a CARTEL to sell data as luxury plus killing the net neutrality and what not. I was eagerly waiting for the paid services by Jio. I was expecting new exclusive Postpaid plans, new JioLink plans and even the introduction of VoLTE feature phones. But what happened on 31st March night was tragedy, imho.

Well, I can understand the need of the 15 day extension for Prime enrollment, due to last day server fails, crowds in RD stores, etc. Well, it is bad to know that even many Indians do something as simple as 99Rs recharge, on the LAST day of deadline. But for Rs303 recharge and get 4 more months (3 free + one more for that 303) of FREE usage like NHY offer? It is as good as unlimted data + calls + SMS for Rs100 per month. So we have to bear with the 4 more months of pathetic speeds + bad voice calls. Jio is becoming a heaven for freeloaders and NOT for real customers ready to pay for good services.

Now let us look from ANOTHER ANGLE:- Asking Rs256 to Rs296 for 1GB of data is outrageous + UnLimited Greed for sure, but all for FREE at just Rs100 per month is nothing short of predatory right?? All I want is Jio forcing the AVoId Thugs to wake up from slumber, connect their towers with Fiber instead of relying on useless microwave backhaul for reliable connections, treat customers the way they deserve, etc. But what Jio doing now is "KILLING / BLEEDING THE COMPETITION", which is NOT at all good in long term for customers, imho. So our earlier assumption about the earlier HNY is an excuse for correcting / testing their network is NOT true at last.

Jio is like a very big Giant THUG beating the hell out of the old-bad-tiny THUGs of AVoId group. Well, how can we sure the Giant will NOT beat us next? Decades ago, RIL has done the same in PVC business. Who knows, may be even "MONSOON OFFER" is on the pipeline, after the end of so called "SUMMER OFFER", if Jio finds Competition has still some breath left out.

-------------------

I am not sure, how many people will agree with my views. I have started having doubt on Jio's real intentions now.

• Like 3

Agree with u was hoping for good paid data service.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Well, to be frank, I am NOT really happy with the Summer SURPRISE and am sure I will be in the minority now. I was planning to port out my secondary number + all of my corporate connections to Jio, except my main number. But we have to wait for minimum 4 months for the speed to come back to normal.

I was very happy about Jio's digital revolution in India, where thugs like Airtel are trying their level best to milk their customers (even now if given chance) by forming a CARTEL to sell data as luxury plus killing the net neutrality and what not. I was eagerly waiting for the paid services by Jio. I was expecting new exclusive Postpaid plans, new JioLink plans and even the introduction of VoLTE feature phones. But what happened on 31st March night was tragedy, imho.

Well, I can understand the need of the 15 day extension for Prime enrollment, due to last day server fails, crowds in RD stores, etc. Well, it is bad to know that even many Indians do something as simple as 99Rs recharge, on the LAST day of deadline. But for Rs303 recharge and get 4 more months (3 free + one more for that 303) of FREE usage like NHY offer? It is as good as unlimted data + calls + SMS for Rs100 per month. So we have to bear with the 4 more months of pathetic speeds + bad voice calls. Jio is becoming a heaven for freeloaders and NOT for real customers ready to pay for good services.

Now let us look from ANOTHER ANGLE:- Asking Rs256 to Rs296 for 1GB of data is outrageous + UnLimited Greed for sure, but all for FREE at just Rs100 per month is nothing short of predatory right?? All I want is Jio forcing the AVoId Thugs to wake up from slumber, connect their towers with Fiber instead of relying on useless microwave backhaul for reliable connections, treat customers the way they deserve, etc. But what Jio doing now is "KILLING / BLEEDING THE COMPETITION", which is NOT at all good in long term for customers, imho. So our earlier assumption about the earlier HNY is an excuse for correcting / testing their network is NOT true at last.

Jio is like a very big Giant THUG beating the hell out of the old-bad-tiny THUGs of AVoId group. Well, how can we sure the Giant will NOT beat us next? Decades ago, RIL has done the same in PVC business. Who knows, may be even "MONSOON OFFER" is on the pipeline, after the end of so called "SUMMER OFFER", if Jio finds Competition has still some breath left out.

-------------------

I am not sure, how many people will agree with my views. I have started having doubt on Jio's real intentions now.

I would have to agree to this post entirely as what you say is completely true. To be frank I was hoping Jio becomes complete paid service from December itself. But they chose to extend till March and now till June giving freebies maybe good for a certain period and Jio is banking on heavy load of incoming customers either new or MNP to avail this free service. In a way Jio is killing competition but people like AirHell still fooling customers by certain check points what Jio offers at 303 is charged at 349 by Airhell and the 1 GB data is split as .5gb in day and .5gb between 12-6 am.If I were to believe in what I saw on 30th and 31st March as to how pathetic Jio was in terms of calls and connectivity with intermittent network outage I'd say it will be a up n down 3 months.I was expecting some announcement about JIO Gigafiber or dth only to hear about Summer Surprise. Kanaga Bro it works out less than 75 per month considering your 303 is valid for 4 months as the recharge will be applicable only in 303 after 3 free months. I seriously hope it improves connectivity or we as customers are in for big issues with only 2-3 major operators remaining in scence

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vabs said:

Agree with u was hoping for good paid data service.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Good to see, I am not alone.

Further due to the Rs339 (2GB 3G data + UnLimited onnet + 25 offnet minutes per day for 28 days) of BSNL and Rs349 (1GB per day + Unlimited LIKE calls) offer by AVoId group, even BSNL and AVoId network is pathetic nowadays.

Good competition gives good network to all, but killing competition ultimately kill choices for customers.

no-Will-Ferrell-nope-no-way-GIF.gif.b9fcd58272738015caee07515dff4b8e.gif

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

The main problem is that Jio is still not in a position to handle such big traffic and has planned to add 100000 new towers. Mark his words in the letter "Jio has created the world’s largest greenfield 4G LTE wireless broadband network, with over 100,000 mobile towers. And we will add another 100,000 towers to our network in the coming months. This greenfield investment – of over Rs 200,000 crores – is the largest anywhere in the world.

We are acutely aware that we have small pockets of congestion on our network. With our investment in network expansion, you will see a dramatic improvement in service quality in the coming weeks."

He has come up with "Summer Surprise" so that he can

1. Improve his network. 

2. Hold back subscribers by way of FREE offer. (no one will leave the network even after facing congestion issues.

3. Bring the competitors to their knees.

4. Pull more users from other operators.

5. The way Jio is imposing ₹99/-, he may dictate terms in future after gaining monopoly in the Market.

6. While other operators are struggling for survival Jio is squeezing money from its users and investing in infrastructure upgrades.

7. We all obsessed by Jio have done not only ₹99/-,  but also multiple recharges of ₹303/- or above to avail JioMoney ₹50/- Cashback.

No matter how much we criticize Jio, we cannot deny the wholesome package which includes bundled apps & subscriptions provided by Jio is the best in the market at present.;)

We thought that Jio has come to teach lesson to AVOID but now it's too much though Jio have its own reasons.

Every thing is fair in love & war. (4G love & 4G war)

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 2

^^

Even after more than 1.5 years of testing if the network is not ready then it shows the infra and the preparedness of jio in a negative light. 

In the quest of pulling more users from other operators Jio must ensure they dont loose out on existing customers or prospective heavy users. Atleast 70-80% users are ready to pay and use Jio services if it improves there is no point in going free free free and loosing prospective customers.

When Mr.Ambani announced that jio sim is available to all he said he has put in so much money into infra that he can launch 5g 6g as and when available present state even g is not working properly.

Mukesh Ambani is a more dangerous business man than a Sunil Mittal if he reduces competition or gets into monopoly it would mean disaster to customers.

People may not leave jio if free services continue agreed but at same time customers who chose jio for better services will leave jio if services are not upto mark 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

We thought that Jio has come to teach lesson to AVOID but now it's too much 

Very TRUE...

Heard that night unlimited is working between 2AM to 5AM. I tried and it is true, can download as much as we like. My jio app always showing 1024MB remaining.

Now their website shows recharge with Rs. 499  between April 1 to 15 will get 2 GB per day for 3 months, Rs 999 or above will get 60+100 GB for 3 months

JUIO.jpg

Edited by KAPILKDEV

@KanagaDeepan You will enjoy Xtra 100Gb so need not worry & Mukesh Ambani has also assured further noticeable increase in performance within few weeks. :)

@LTE4G you are right. But my doubt is whether that 100GB will be usable in future? With many people going for 499Rs recharge now (to get 2GB/day benefit) and 3 months of DOUBLE LOAD THAN NOW, I am NOT really confident now. Let us wait and watch.

@LTE4G you are right. But my doubt is whether that 100GB will be usable in future? With many people going for 499Rs recharge now (to get 2GB/day benefit) and 3 months of DOUBLE LOAD THAN NOW, I am NOT really confident now. Let us wait and watch.

Though it's Indian way of doing things at last minute when everyone rushed last min for Prime and 303 recharge the server took a huge hit n could not withstand if that was any indication of things to come I have my own doubts of the 100 gb usage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They have said first surprise of many more, they are still trying to improve their network, I really want that free scheme should be close now so that people who want to use paid services can get actual speed.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, advsushiltater said:

They have said first surprise of many more, they are still trying to improve their network, I really want that free scheme should be close now so that people who want to use paid services can get actual speed.

I am getting very good speed - the speed also depends on which site or server you are connected to, for example. If you are connected to specific site such as Yahoo, hdfc bank or Facebook and their servers are slow due to saturation at that particular movement then no matter how fast is Jio - you will not get speed. You can try downloading same file from different sites or mirrors and see the difference in speed.

Anyway all free riders/bandwidth killers who just constantly watch YouTube, movies etc. will filter out after 15th April as they are not going to pay ₹99/- + ₹303/- for sure. They were just using Jio since it was totally Free.

Further those who merely use prepaid connection for only few calls (50 - 80 calls per month) will also get dropped because they will not spend ₹99/- + ₹149/- or ₹303/- under any circumstance because they were the one who used to charge ₹200/- max in 6 months but were enjoying Jio's free ride till now.

So as Jio network will get rid of these time pass users the network performance will improve by itself.

Sincere users are not interested in free services but they look forward for a decent service at reasonable prices.

As far as Internet bandwidth or traffic is concerned, Jio's traffic was already 25 times than the total traffic of other Indian operators in February when it had only 52 million people on board.

Instead of Free jio could have offered discount on multiple Recharges done in advance. But that would not lure new users so the free thing... :D 

Edited by LTE4G

Can anybody please tell me what will happen to someone who has opted for prime membership (99) + has done mulitple 149 recharges before 31st March.

Will they be getting summer surprise offer by doing a recharge of Rs.303 or they are no longer eligible ?

If by doing Rs. 303 recharge, they are eligible for summer surprise offer, then how the recharges will be applied after June. I was unable to find any info on summer surprise offer on jio.com :(

Thank you in advance.

Can anybody please tell me what will happen to someone who has opted for prime membership (99) + has done mulitple 149 recharges before 31st March.
Will they be getting summer surprise offer by doing a recharge of Rs.303 or they are no longer eligible ?
If by doing Rs. 303 recharge, they are eligible for summer surprise offer, then how the recharges will be applied after June. I was unable to find any info on summer surprise offer on jio.com
Thank you in advance.

If u do 303 you get 1gb/d
If 499 you get 2gb/day
Till june
After that all ur recharge apply in a sequence
Ex u did 3 149 and 303
July 149
Aug 149
Sep 149
Oct 303

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk