Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

WiFi calling wasn't working when I checked a couple of months ago

you cant. haven`t worked for me

Sorry for digging out the old thread but anyone got Jio VoWifi to work yet? I read some time ago that the Pixel devices will support this feature as well. 

there are many good VOIP apps for doing this. Some of them also support paid versions for calling PSTN/Mobile numbers anywhere in the world. If you really need to call over wifi, try them instead of breaking sweat over wifi calling in Jio. I personally use Viber (presently 2.3 c/min to India, about Rs.1.50 at current exchange rates) but there are others also.

Edited by commonman

19 hours ago, commonman said:

there are many good VOIP apps for doing this. Some of them also support paid versions for calling PSTN/Mobile numbers anywhere in the world. If you really need to call over wifi, try them instead of breaking sweat over wifi calling in Jio. I personally use Viber (presently 2.3 c/min to India, about Rs.1.50 at current exchange rates) but there are others also.

The point of VoWifi isn't cheap calls. It is the ability to MAKE calls when network coverage is not good. We're all aware of Viber and the likes but that isn't VoWifi on Jio.

The Viber option doesn’t let me receive calls that come to my mobile number. 

Edited by morecrap

Most of the 'LYF' handsets (upper range) support VoWifi and used to work with any network initially. Later it was blocked for other networks, but it will work if you try to use Jio WiFi network.

Jio4GVoice app also works on the similar principle.

Most of the 'LYF' handsets (upper range) support VoWifi and used to work with any network initially. Later it was blocked for other networks, but it will work if you try to use Jio WiFi network.
Jio4GVoice app also works on the similar principle.

This is incorrect info. Tried it on Jio Fibre. Doesn’t work. Yet.

On 14/01/2018 at 8:55 PM, morecrap said:

This is incorrect info. Tried it on Jio Fibre. Doesn’t work. Yet.

Don't know about the present situation and Jio Fibre, but was working in Jio WiFi network (original Jio WiFi and not Hotspot). As I don't have LYF handset myself will have to ask someone to try again and will get back.

14 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Don't know about the present situation and Jio Fibre, but was working in Jio WiFi network (original Jio WiFi and not Hotspot). As I don't have LYF handset myself will have to ask someone to try again and will get back.

By "original Jio Wifi" do you mean "Jio Net"? Then at least my Wind 4 does not get VoWifi on Jio net.