Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Reliance Jio Latest Offers!

It's using those booster recharges jio is going to earn a lot of money.

Further data users may prefer to do bigger recharges in future as well. Data usage addiction will force people to not go for Rs149 plan in future. Good for jio

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MVP said:

I had recharged for 149 and then again for 499. The 499 SSO got expired and 149 came into effect which I was not aware of. I used up all the balance. I now have a 499 and 309 plans in queue but have no data until the 149 plan expires in 20 days. CC is  not willing to activate the queued plans saying its not possible. So if you recharge for 999 with 3 months validity and use up all the data in the first months itself, you have to wait for another 2 months to for the next plan to get activated. You can do booster recharges but they are not cost effective.

This is the reason why I have been telling everyone to properly decide before you choose any Jio plan. Initially when you recharged ₹149/- plan you knew that it will only fetch 2GB & the only option would be to choose booster pack in case the data gets exhausted.

Jio does not offer pre expiry of plans on consecutive recharges, instead it adds them as queued plans.

You are still better off, since the people who have done multiple ₹149/- recharges are at total loss & stuck as well. As ₹399/- Recharge is giving 84 days (84GB) now whereas ₹149*3 = ₹447/- is just giving 2GB*3 = 6GB for 84 days. This is the reason we were shouting that doing multiple recharges is not profitable as Jio is very much unpredictable in throwing unbelievable offers.

All those who have done ₹149/- are feeling cheated & stuck for months now unless Mr. Ambani comes up with some kind of plan upgrade scheme (you never know).

Booster-packs may not be cost effective as far as Jio is concerned but are still cheaper than other providers.

I think this was the reason Jio was promoting ₹303/- plan in the beginning. They must have calculated the monthly ARPU (average revenue per user) as ₹303/- in the beginning & as the number of subscribers is increasing, now they are offering 56 days validity for the same amount. So whoever has done ₹303/- or above is not at loss as he is enjoying current validity benefits.

Edited by LTE4G

how to get rif of the 149 plan. on 20th I purchased 399 plan but that is in queue and 149 plan got activated/ i had completely forgotten abt this plan :(

3 hours ago, nitink said:

how to get rif of the 149 plan. on 20th I purchased 399 plan but that is in queue and 149 plan got activated/ i had completely forgotten abt this plan :(

By now it is confirmed that ₹149 plan is not for data users.

The only option is to use data booster packs.

This is really bad from JIO. U start with 149 and 303 plans per month and then launch 3 months offers at throw away rates. People who became prime and paid u in advance, u Shd not treat them like this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, nitink said:

This is really bad from JIO. U start with 149 and 303 plans per month and then launch 3 months offers at throw away rates. People who became prime and paid u in advance, u Shd not treat them like this.

Anybody who ever took ₹149 was well aware that he will get 2GB only & will have to buy booster pack in case the data gets exhausted. I have also done ₹149*3 recharges for my wife.

So finally the lesson we learnt is that heavy data users should recharge with a minimum ₹309 or above. Jio wants to discourage users to go for ₹149 recharge unless he is a pure only voice user (2GB bonus for WhatsApp).

Summer offer and Jan dhan offer were launched later. We had to chose initially from 149 or 303. The summer and Jan dhan offers r much cheaper per month than 149 or 303. That's my point.

9 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Jio does not offer pre expiry of plans on consecutive recharges, instead it adds them as queued plans.

Customer Care earlier confirmed on phone call that further plans can be activated immediately on exhaustion of data. Seems like they answer what the people want to hear.

9 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Initially when you recharged ₹149/- plan you knew that it will only fetch 2GB & the only option would be to choose booster pack in case the data gets exhausted.

I'm fine with 2GB data for mobile use. I had recharged for 499 after the 149 plan and the 499 plan was active.According to their FAQ, I was supposed to get 3 months free + 1 month paid for 499, then the 149 would get active. But instead they activated the 149 plan after the 3 months 499 and I was not aware of it and ended up using all of the data.

59 minutes ago, MVP said:

Customer Care earlier confirmed on phone call that further plans can be activated immediately on exhaustion of data. Seems like they answer what the people want to hear.

I had also called customer care in March before recharging and was clearly told that I can activate any booster pack immediately which will be valid till my existing plan expires whereas recharging a new plan will not override the current plan but will get queued. Reason I did multiple recharges.

59 minutes ago, MVP said:

I'm fine with 2GB data for mobile use. I had recharged for 499 after the 149 plan and the 499 plan was active.According to their FAQ, I was supposed to get 3 months free + 1 month paid for 499, then the 149 would get active. But instead they activated the 149 plan after the 3 months 499 and I was not aware of it and ended up using all of the data.

Customer care also confirmed that all Recharges will come in force in chronological order means the ₹303 / ₹309 / ₹499 etc. Plan will get activated directly after Summer Surprise only if you have not done any recharge before it, otherwise it will follow the normal order of recharge.

If you have done ₹149 recharge in March then you are eligible to get 1GB extra - if you did not receive then immediately call customer care & get it.

Edited by LTE4G

I have done 99 prime + 303x5 recharge before 31st march, i got 3 months free + 28 days validity (already started).

When i called helpline they told me for 2nd recharge i will get 56 days validity but 3rd,4th &5th recharge  i will get 28 days validity for each recharge.

But some people says 2nd recharge onwards we will get double 28x2 days validity, someone please clear the confusion.

2 hours ago, cooladitya007 said:

I have done 99 prime + 303x5 recharge before 31st march, i got 3 months free + 28 days validity (already started).

When i called helpline they told me for 2nd recharge i will get 56 days validity but 3rd,4th &5th recharge  i will get 28 days validity for each recharge.

But some people says 2nd recharge onwards we will get double 28x2 days validity, someone please clear the confusion.

You have already done the recharges. Can't change it now...right...

Enjoy the service Bro...

No one can predict what will Jio do after a month or 2...

6 hours ago, cooladitya007 said:

Jio will provide you with the validity benefit of the current plan (similar value plan validity) what ever will be prevailing at the time of activation of your ₹303 plan in future (minimum assurance is 28 days - as was announced when the plan was first introduced).

I have also done ₹303*3 recharges in March to avail 5GB extra benefit.

If you read the current plan details (₹309 or ₹349 etc.) - it shows default validity as 28GB (28days) struck out and 56GB (56days) as modified current benefit.

Read below they have clearly / precisely mentioned 2nd recharge will get current benefits and after that things may either change to default validity again or a new promotional validity if introduced.

"Jio believes in offering the complete benefits to its customers. Any 2nd recharge which has been done earlier and will become active in future will have validity and benefits as per new construct. For e.g. if you have done an additional recharge of Rs. 309, then you will now get benefit of 56 days instead of earlier promised benefit of 28 days for each recharge. Similarly for 303 plan, you get benefit of 56 days instead of 28 days"

At Jio things keep changing constantly - so we can just wait & watch.

Edited by LTE4G

Thanks for clearing my doubts, now what if i recharge with Rs. 399 which gives 28+28+28 ??

16 hours ago, cooladitya007 said:

Thanks for clearing my doubts, now what if i recharge with Rs. 399 which gives 28+28+28 ??

Those who have recharged with ₹399 after enjoying Summer Surprise are getting 84 days validity. You should also get the same.

But your case is slightly different as you already have 5 recharges in queue - so I would suggest you to call customer care and get it clarified because your ₹399 plan will come in force after several months and things may change by then.

Jio is very much unpredictable.

Edited by LTE4G

In my jio app FAQ section i found this "Jio believes in offering the complete benefits to its customers. Any 2nd recharge which has been done earlier and will become active in future will have validity and benefits as per new construct. For e.g. if you have done an additional recharge of Rs. 309, then you will now get benefit of 56 days instead of earlier promised benefit of 28 days for each recharge. Similarly for 303 plan, you get benefit of 56 days instead of 28 days."

It is mentioned above, those who have recharged with 303 or 309 will get double validity 28x2=56 days for each recharge.

dont no its correct or wrong or its a catch, when i talked to cc guy he said 56 days for 2nd recharge only and 28 days afterward.

3 hours ago, cooladitya007 said:

dont no its correct or wrong or its a catch, when i talked to cc guy he said 56 days for 2nd recharge only and 28 days afterward.

Because by the time your 3rd plan comes in force things might be different & if 56 days validity is still present at that time then you shall get the same as Jio has mentioned in their Faq's. See below :

"Jio believes in offering the complete benefits to its customers. Any 2nd recharge which has been done earlier and will become active in future will have validity and benefits as per new construct. For e.g. if you have done an additional recharge of Rs. 309, then you will now get benefit of 56 days instead of earlier promised benefit of 28 days for each recharge. Similarly for 303 plan, you get benefit of 56 days instead of 28 days"

So in case Jio again modifies the plan & suddenly starts giving 84 days instead of 56 days then we might be getting the same (my interpretation).

Basically if someone is on ₹303/₹309 or above plan then need not worry as they will be getting validity & benefits as per new construct as assured by Jio.

I had recharged with 303 and then 499 before for summer surprise. Now 303 is in force and giving me validity of 1month. How much validity will I get for 499 recharge that is in queue?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, sangalaviral said:

I had recharged with 303 and then 499 before for summer surprise. Now 303 is in force and giving me validity of 1month. How much validity will I get for 499 recharge that is in queue?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

You shall get 56 days (112GB).:thumb:

Hi All,

Suppose a person already using Jio sim on Xiaomi Redmi 2 prime is purchasing new Xiaomi phone, then will he be applicable for the Jio-Xiaomi Additional Data offer ( which provides 5GB of data for 6 recharges).

5 hours ago, vishalmcp said:

Hi All,

Suppose a person already using Jio sim on Xiaomi Redmi 2 prime is purchasing new Xiaomi phone, then will he be applicable for the Jio-Xiaomi Additional Data offer ( which provides 5GB of data for 6 recharges).

Yes existing customers are also eligible if the device is recently purchased & where the services of RJIO are activated for the first time on or after 16th June, 2017.

Existing user has to put the sim into new Xiaomi handset and Recharge with ₹309 or above to avail the offer.

Only Made in India handsets are eligible. 

For more details go to http://www.jio.com/en-in/jio-xiaomi-offer

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

I did multiple recharges of ₹303 in March & my current Jio Prime 303 (1st voucher after summer surprise) is going to expire on 16th August and today I received a message from Jio regarding increasing the validity of my 2nd Jio Prime 303 to 56 days. See the screenshot below.

Screenshot_2017-08-13-14-23-08-767_com.android_mms.thumb.png.8b51ce19bdd7f09fb6ed2e2363ee8359.png

IMG_20170813_144216.thumb.jpg.3c455fd0e66811b21aca58318e08be58.jpg

Edited by LTE4G

Great.. So I think, they will change the validity of 999 plan to 90 days (along with 90GB without daily limit) for 2 of my Jio numbers.

Jio keeps on rocking...

As mentioned in my previous post - Jio is giving away additional benefit in form of redeemable vouchers (available under my vouchers in MyJio app) to all those who did a 2nd recharge of ₹303 or higher to provide the additional validity free of cost.

So if someone recharged ₹303 in March is getting additional voucher with validity of 28 days with same benefits as ₹303 to enjoy 56 days benefit as offered by ₹309 plan currently. Similarly those who have recharged for ₹499 or ₹999 etc. will also receive vouchers to get additional benefit as provided currently.

But remember that once you manually activate the voucher it will get activated immediately concurrently with existing plan.

So please either wait for your current plan to expire before activating or activate the voucher on the last day of your current plan to fully utilise the benefits of the voucher.

Remember that the voucher will remain in My Vouchers until it is utilised so no need to worry.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 2

Yes.. I got 30GB (no daily FUP) for 30 days vouchers for 2 of my Jio numbers. Good way to compensate current 90GB for 90days (no daily FUP) of Rs999 with 60GB for 60 days (again no daily FUP) of my old Rs999 recharges. According to Jio, for my first Rs999 recharge I got SuSu offer (but still NO 10GB booster given as per their promise even after complaining to CC -- NOT really a big deal) and for second one, this voucher offer applicable.

Good steps by Jio. I really really appreciate them for giving equal benefits to customers who have done early recharges. But still I have doubts about their SW system.

I have done 3 recharges of 303 apart from SSO, 

Only credited with one Voucher. wondering what about 2 and 3rd recharges of 303...will they be just for 28 days :(