Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Reliance Jio Latest Offers!

1 hour ago, vicky2089 said:

There are rumors that Jio is going to hike tariffs on 19 Oct ???

You never know - Mr. Mukesh Ambani is very much unpredictable but there are several speculations since Jio has already achieved an ARPU of ₹156.4 (September quarter) as compared to ₹154 (April - June) of Market leader Bharti Airtel (Airtel will report its September quarter results on 31st October). Source

So it's really like a gambling situation while waiting for Jio's New Tariff announcement as anything could happen.

Today I talked to Jio customer care who assured me that anyone who buys a second ₹399 plan voucher after 11th July will also get 84 days validity.

Anyway investing in ₹399 is still fine as we are getting 8*₹50 = ₹400 as refunds too. Those who have not used Amazon pay or Phone pe for recharge can earn additional ₹101 / ₹100 on their first Jio recharge of ₹399 as Cashback.

Anxiously waiting for Mr. Mukesh Ambani's Diwali Dhamaka on 19th October. (At least one thing is clear that he will never announce price Hike on the auspicious day of Diwali - rest assured imho):clap1:

Jio to withdraw Rs 399 plan next week & launches two new plans at Rs 295 & 449

Most customers of Reliance Jio, the country’s largest telecom operator by volumes, will not be able to get the 84GB-for-399 plan starting next month, the company’s deputy chief financial officer V Srikant said. Reliance Jio is all set to announce two new tariff plans this week, and both will offer 1.2 GB per day instead of the 1 GB per day that users currently get. Validity will remain at 84 days.The plans will be listed on the company’s website this week.

It will also introduce a Rs 38 pack for JioFi users who want to use the device for making calls to other Jio users.

However, for the broader audience, the plans of interest are 295 and 449. They are both modelled after the successful Rs 399 plan that the company brought out three months ago under its Dhan Dhana Dhan offer.

However, the key difference is in terms of data allocation: Instead of 1 GB, it will be 1.2 GB. Because of the same, the 399 plan has now been converted, for all practical purposes, to the 449 plan. In other words, the price has gone up by 12.5% and the data allocation has been increased by 20%.

The second plan, Rs 295, also gives 1.2 GB per day for 84 days, but there’s a crucial difference: It doesn’t contain free voice calls to any number in India. Instead, under the 295 scheme, free calls are restricted to other Jio numbers. However, users can use top-up recharges to get free call facility on this scheme as well, but that will make it just like the Jio 449 plan.

The 295 pack is aimed at those who are using their Jio connections primarily for data, and will also appeal to dongle users. However, for the majority of customers who use their SIMs to make outgoing calls as well, it will be the Rs 449 plan that will be their most viable option from now.

Edited by commonman

Jio will pay game again today.

They will announce that last date of 12-18 oct has been extended till 21 or 22 oct.  This is his regular practice. as seen earlier.

and new tariff (definitely costlier than 399, but cheaper than AVOID) will start from Monday. 

Latest Update :

Jio has modified its terms and uploaded a new updated Plan Vouchers PDF which states that ₹399 can be recharged any number of times to avail the 84 days benefit in future.

excerpts from the Plan Vouchers PDF:

"For all subscribers opting this plan, tariff benefits will be available for 84 days on all recharge vouchers purchased till the plan is available for subscription, thereafter customer has to recharge with Rs. 399 every 28 days. On all recharges with this PV from 12thOctober 2017 onwards, the subscribers will be provided with 8 vouchers of Rs.50/- each, each voucher will be redeemable at face value on subsequent Jio recharges of MRP Rs. 300/- or above with effect from 15th November2017. Only one voucher can be redeemed on a single recharge."

So Hurry !! today is the last day. :jumpy::clap1:

Reliance Jio has hiked the price of the Rs. 399 and the same benefits are now offered under the new plan of Rs. 459. It gives 1GB data per day and unlimited voice calls for 84 days.The Rs. 149 plan is now modified to offer 4GB data, from the existing 2GB data for 28 days. 

Edited by vicky2089

2 hours ago, commonman said:

revised plans

https://www.jio.com/en-in/jio-4g-plans

149 - 28 days - 0.15 GB/day

399 - 70 days - 1 GB/day

459 - 84 days - 1 GB/day

509 - 49 days - 2 GB/day

149 plan is now decent with daily limit of 0.15 GB and thereafter unlimited at 64Kbps. Now the total data is 4.2 GB for 28 days.

399 plan will now cost ₹349 (₹399 - ₹50 voucher). So instead of 56 validity we will get 70 days now by paying ₹40 extra in place of 309 plan.

459 plan will now cost ₹409 (₹459 - ₹50 voucher). So basically 399 will now cost ₹409 overall with validity of 84 days.

But the biggest draw back is that now the speed after 1GB /day will be 64 Kbps Only.:unexp:

All my calculations are for those who have at least purchased one 399 plan to get 8*₹50 vouchers. So for them eight recharges can be availed at discounted prices using vouchers. So nothing to worry about.:clap1:

Edited by LTE4G

Most people have already recharged 399 voucher 3-4 times to avail cash back from different apps so need not recharge for a long time.

Also, all SMS are paid in 399 plan as well as new plans. So now people will need separate balance topups to send sms.

Edited by commonman

22 minutes ago, commonman said:

Most people have already recharged 399 voucher 3-4 times to avail cash back from different apps so need not recharge for a long time.

Those who have done multiple recharges will be benefited with the throttle speed of 128 Mbps instead of 64 Mbps after daily limit.

23 minutes ago, commonman said:

Also, all SMS are paid in 399 plan as well as new plans. So now people will need separate balance topups to send sms.

No it is Unlimited (subject to daily limit as per TRAI rules).

7 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

No it is Unlimited (subject to daily limit as per TRAI rules).

Rechecked. There is some confusion if we go by the PDF. Particularly on roaming.

Edited by commonman

28 minutes ago, commonman said:

Rechecked. There is some confusion if we go by the PDF

It is clearly mentioned on the plan page as "Unlimited" with explanation under Terms & conditions point 9. Unlimited SMS referred in the plan benefits will be capped at 100 free SMS per day in compliance with TRAI Regulations.

Also in the old 399 recharge it is mentioned as 100 sms/day.

Edited by LTE4G

Just now, LTE4G said:

It is clearly mentioned on the plan page as "Unlimited" with explanation under Terms & conditions point 9. Unlimited SMS referred in the plan benefits will be capped at 100 free SMS per day in compliance with TRAI Regulations.

Also in the old 399 recharge it is mentioned as 100 sms/day.

as per PDF, in details of Prepaid PV 449 following indicated. Similar details also present under other plans.

Charges while roaming- National Roaming :

Local outgoing : Free

STD outgoing  : Free

Incoming : Free

SMS (Local/STD/ISD) : 25p/38p/Rs5

27 minutes ago, commonman said:

as per PDF, in details of Prepaid PV 449 following indicated. Similar details also present under other plans.

Charges while roaming- National Roaming :

Local outgoing : Free

STD outgoing  : Free

Incoming : Free

SMS (Local/STD/ISD) : 25p/38p/Rs5

The PDF has been removed but If you read under sr.no. 2, you will see that SMS is FREE and the rates mentioned below are Base rates for the sake of monetary value.

Edited by LTE4G

opted Jio Postpaid, as per JIO there is no process to change postpaid Tariff Plan.

Please guide how to change to prepaid

Marginal increase in price will not affect both Jio or its customers, especially those who used Rs400 cashback offer.

Let's hope other operators also increase tariffs and there will be improvement in network quality in coming days.

On 10/18/2017 at 12:44 AM, commonman said:

Jio to withdraw Rs 399 plan next week & launches two new plans at Rs 295 & 449

Most customers of Reliance Jio, the country’s largest telecom operator by volumes, will not be able to get the 84GB-for-399 plan starting next month, the company’s deputy chief financial officer V Srikant said. Reliance Jio is all set to announce two new tariff plans this week, and both will offer 1.2 GB per day instead of the 1 GB per day that users currently get. Validity will remain at 84 days.The plans will be listed on the company’s website this week.

It will also introduce a Rs 38 pack for JioFi users who want to use the device for making calls to other Jio users.

However, for the broader audience, the plans of interest are 295 and 449. They are both modelled after the successful Rs 399 plan that the company brought out three months ago under its Dhan Dhana Dhan offer.

However, the key difference is in terms of data allocation: Instead of 1 GB, it will be 1.2 GB. Because of the same, the 399 plan has now been converted, for all practical purposes, to the 449 plan. In other words, the price has gone up by 12.5% and the data allocation has been increased by 20%.

The second plan, Rs 295, also gives 1.2 GB per day for 84 days, but there’s a crucial difference: It doesn’t contain free voice calls to any number in India. Instead, under the 295 scheme, free calls are restricted to other Jio numbers. However, users can use top-up recharges to get free call facility on this scheme as well, but that will make it just like the Jio 449 plan.

The 295 pack is aimed at those who are using their Jio connections primarily for data, and will also appeal to dongle users. However, for the majority of customers who use their SIMs to make outgoing calls as well, it will be the Rs 449 plan that will be their most viable option from now.

U got this info from ultra dot news right? 1.2GB per day, offnet calls NOT free, what not.. Its news is as fake as facebook news. Their old name was RTN (reliable thou Nahi). I think right now, they have changed the whole news, without any Update or EDIT showing / accepting their mis-guessing.

Edited by KanagaDeepan

In PDF for Jio Postpaid Plan a plan is mentioned as Jio Postpaid 10.

Neither customer care nor anyone knows to subscribe to it.

As Jio Store this plan is not visible for enrolling.

Actually I have done one Rs999 recharge (60GB for 90 days) on 9th Nov itself. Obviously I didn't get the Rs400 (or Rs50x8) vouchers at that time. But when I woke up on 10th Nov morning, Rs50x8 vouchers are waiting in myJio app, along with one 15GB booster pack. Actually I am clearly NOT AT ALL eligible for the CashBack offer, as per.their T&C (CB offer for recharges done from 10th Nov only).

Looks like Jio has decided NOT to disappoint high recharge users at ANY cost. Good going Jio. I am really impressed.

3 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Actually I have done one Rs999 recharge (60GB for 90 days) on 9th Nov itself. Obviously I didn't get the Rs400 (or Rs50x8) vouchers at that time. But when I woke up on 10th Nov morning, Rs50x8 vouchers are waiting in myJio app, along with one 15GB booster pack. Actually I am clearly NOT AT ALL eligible for the CashBack offer, as per.their T&C (CB offer for recharges done from 10th Nov only).

Looks like Jio has decided NOT to disappoint high recharge users at ANY cost. Good going Jio. I am really impressed.

What is the logic of this ₹999 plan?? One can buy 499 plan which gives 91gb for 91 days.

5 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Unfortunately I had done ₹558 (₹99 + ₹459) recharge on my wife's RCOM to Jio ported number on 8th November and missed the offer. :(

Edited by LTE4G

1 hour ago, cooladitya007 said:

What is the logic of this ₹999 plan?? One can buy 499 plan which gives 91gb for 91 days.

[1] The Logic is FREEDOM to use data at our will. One can use 20GB or more data on 90th day using 999 plan, but NOT in 499 plan.

[2] In 999, the chance of getting data wasted in almost nil. Suppose someone use less data during weekdays and use lots of data on weekends. For them daily 1GB plans have heavy wastage during weekdays and have to use COSTLY boosters (Rs301 = 10GB) during weekends. For them 999 plan makes sense.

[3] Further daily 1GB plans are the main reasons for daily data addiction. Almost everyone wants full paisa vasool and hence feels bad when most part of their 1GB data goes waste and so use youtube or others even though when there is no need.

[4] The speed (128kbps earlier) after daily FUP sux, which is further reduced to 64kbps by Jio now.

[5] Jio is badly in need of 999 plan users to beef up their ARPU. The ARPU of 999 with 90 days validity is Rs333 (it was Rs499.50 during 60 days validity times), whereas for Rs499, ARPU is less than Rs165. If there is NO takers for Rs999 type plans, then even Mota Bhai will become Chota Bhai, if you know what I mean...

I am NOT saying daily 1GB plans are pointless. It is suitable for almost 95% of the mobile data users. But still there is a niche for bulk data and / or data with NO daily limits. For example, after using around 500MB of data (for Google Play Music, Dropbox, Google Photos Sync,  video song download using TubeMate), I got notification on my Samsung C9 PRO that an update of size 1408MB is waiting (Android 7.1.1). If I was using daily 1GB data, then I have to look for WiFi or recharge booster or plan during midnight (to use today's 500MB and tomorrow's 1GB). Since I am using 999 plan, I need NOT worry about anything and straight away started downloading.

Simply put, different people, different needs and hence different plans.

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 2

For a user who uses more than 1 GB daily, using 999+499 together is also better, instead of getting costly booster. The daily 1 GB plan will first be used and then the remaining use will be taken from the quota of 999 plan.

Attention!!

Just received a sms from Jio

BETTER TOGETHER. Celebrating the success of Xiaomi with 10GB data for all Jio-Xiaomi users. Click..... 

And got 10GB ADD ON in my account.

IMG_20171119_165425.thumb.jpg.592b0b9961e710020d181b0bd1f46957.jpg

Thanks to JIO. :clap1:

Edited by LTE4G

10 GB is for Mi users only

Yes, just checked got the data on my phone too.