Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Reliance Jio Latest Offers!

Good move by Jio, for keeping its promise of 20% extra data than competition. Now the Rs149 plan looks worthy, with bulk 4GB data and NO useless daily 150MB.

But I am really very sad for this current situation. Already Jio's network is very slow, even with 2CA phones. On LYF phones or any other phones with NO CA, Jio's speed is worthless now. Similarly, Once great speed and good quality Airtel's network is now OK-OK sort of situation. With current offers, the network condition will degrade more faster. Call drops, voice crackling will increase more. People who are ready to pay more for quality network are the real losers now.

-----------------------------

A conspiracy theory, from my side, reg this Rs199 offer. These offers looks like Jio / Airtel's plans (either with cartel or without one -- both possible) to increase the ARPU to move faster to near 199 levels, which is now hovering around just Rs150 for many months. Because, its NOT easy for Jio to keep on increase 84days pack every three months. For eg: to reach Rs199 ARPU, they need to price the packs at Rs597 for 84 days (from Rs459 for 84 days now) and there will NOT be much takers for the same. Another clever point is, users with Rs50x8 CASHBACK vouchers in Jio, can't use them for Rs199 or even Rs299 recharges. Well played, Jio and Airtel.

Who know, may be after three months, we may even see plans like Rs249, 1.5GB per day for 28 days, to increase their ARPU to more than Rs200.

For those who have 50 recharge vouchers, loading 2 vouchers of 459 together will give 2 GB per day for 84 days at effective cost of 272 for 28 days which is cheaper than 299 plan.

For most ordinary users, the 149 plan is now good.

Edited by commonman

People who have done multiple recharges of 309 are still at loss, 1GB per day for 28 days 

41 minutes ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

People who have done multiple recharges of 309 are still at loss, 1GB per day for 28 days 

Those who did initially also go 5 GB extra per month, plus cashback from wallets.

But most went for multiple 399.

Reliance Jio is updating some of its plans from 9th January 2018. (it will be worth waiting if someone is planning to recharge)

The updated plans are under the ‘Jio Happy New Year 2018’ offering.

These plans will be exclusive for Jio Prime members only.

According to the announcement, the company will decrease the pricing of the plans by ₹50 which offer 1 GB of 4G data per day. This means that users will have to play less while getting the same/existing benefits. The company has left the validity of the plans unchanged. The list of plans has been provided in the image down below.

Jio-Happy-New-Year-2018-Plans-16x9.thumb.jpg.ad5e2904d8ad934ca01d3260ddefd42b.jpg

This is not the only deal that the company announced as part of the offering but according to the New Year 2018 offer, the company has also increased the amount of data which will be 1.5 GB per day instead of 1 GB per day, 1.5 GB plans will also be exclusive available to Prime users with no change in the validity of the plans.

OMG, all hell broke now. This is what I have been fearing from the beginning. I thought Airtel and other avoid guys matching Jio by each tariff will trigger Jio's anger. It's like catching the tiger by it's tail. Even if they leave the tail now, the tiger will not leave them for sure. AVoId must accept the fact that, they can NEVER beat Jio in their own game (of tariff).

Now Jio is fighting back more vigorously, which is no good for avoid as well as Jio. It may initially look good for consumers, but the bad news is speed of 4G will decrease further (already very slow now) and voice clarity will be a thing of past (which is my main worry).

[mention=92121]LTE4g[/mention] for those who have already got Rs50x8 vouchers (I have got 16 vouchers in each number) can still get Rs50 discount from the already Rs50 less recharge value.

Sent from my Lenovo P2 using Tapatalk

Jio always said that they will be 25% cheaper than AVoId and this what now they have done. But this tariff is killing the service. In my area, Khetwadi Mumbai 4, the speed is around 100Kbps on Jio while others have little higher speed. But call quality and network availability is worst for all. Can't make or receive calls even on road and if you are inside building, then forget about using a mobile. 

• Like 1

So sad to see this.

Any product has to be priced at its bare minimum cost or else QUALITY will take a heavy beating.

These price cuts are not good for anyone - Operators or customers

:unexp:

• Like 1

This is a much anticipated move by Jio which is no surprise as I was expecting this. Because Jio wanted to lure more customers but the ₹99 (Prime membership) was hindering the process of acquiring New as well as MNP customers as the validity of Prime membership is only till 31st March 2018 and not one year from the date of subscription. Keeping this in mind AVOID were offering all plans resembling Jio's with just ₹50 more and were still ₹50 below the total cost of the similar Jio plan just because of additional ₹99 Prime membership for new as well as the MNP customers.

Since Jio's policy is to treat all (new or existing) customers equally without discrimination so the price reduction to attract more customers is beneficial for its existing customers too.

We can expect an upward price revision again by the end of the first quarter of this year when the next Prime membership cycle begins.

Edited by LTE4G

Although Jio has not yet updated the plans page on its website but new plans have been introduced and available for recharge from today. The new plans are based on data usage as per individual requirements.

1 GB Plans

Screenshot_2018-01-09-07-10-19-703_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.5b4ecebf3aa6744e783640dcca36ecf2.png

1.5 GB Plans

Screenshot_2018-01-09-07-10-32-982_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.317e7555ebb1714a750d55f3b1c50626.png

2 GB Plan

Screenshot_2018-01-09-07-10-47-171_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.05257a7943ff9f7b1139f2142079369a.png

3 GB Plan

Screenshot_2018-01-09-07-10-56-464_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.5dffbdf2764a41e8cd672003871e4fc2.png

5 GB Plan

Screenshot_2018-01-09-07-11-04-444_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.605b172a78cc3fdfccc6870bbf1a32b3.png

Long - Term Plans

Screenshot_2018-01-09-07-11-32-239_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.86040f1d203e04ce8e47d23320e45acb.png

Edited by LTE4G

Used Jio Free-Service from June 2016 to March 2017. Hoped things would improve when it became Paid & used till Dec 2017 - No improvement, Discarded Jio & continued with Airtel + BSNL combo

What is the use of "Cheap-Packs" when Calls don't get through & Data speed is crawling?

Edited by Hejmady
Typo correction
  • Haha 1

I am not sure, how long Airtel or other service providers will be able to provide quality if they also start to engage in tariff war.

Moreover they can never compete with regarding tariffs. So they should concentrate more on quality. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pasumark said:

I am not sure, how long Airtel or other service providers will be able to provide quality if they also start to engage in tariff war.

Moreover they can never compete with regarding tariffs. So they should concentrate more on quality. 

This is what even I argue. They are trying to attract more customers at the cost of service and quality. They should concentrate on QOS and customers will opt for them and even at high price.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, csmart said:

This is what even I argue. They are trying to attract more customers at the cost of service and quality. They should concentrate on QOS and customers will opt for them and even at high price.

There is a big 'Price war' in telecom sector while trying to pull more customers. As far as 'Quality of service' is concerned, it needs more money to maintain it and cannot be achieved using handful of customers with 'High pricing' but can be achieved by increasing the number of users on board and the marketing heads of Airtel, Idea & Vodafone are well aware of it. As I said before, Mukesh Ambani is here to do business & not charity but by its liberal pricing policy has been successful in achieving targets (increasing its subscribers) in a very short period of time as compared to other operators in India.

Every one is playing his own card whether Jio or AVOID to sustain their business so we cannot blame either of them but yes, we have our choices and can opt for the services best suited to us from the operator of our choice, reason why MNP is there.

Yes, I agree that the choice is limited now but switching to any of these provides nationwide services too.

Vodafone is a strong and reliable network in Mumbai now, but when I took the connection several years back it was "Orange" (later became Hutch & finally Vodafone and may become Idea after two years) and did not have much towers unlike "BPL" (the main operator in Mumbai at that time). It was people like me who kept writing about network issues to them and at least three new towers were installed as the outcome of my effort alone. I still have the confirmation letters from them regarding the installation of the towers in the areas against my complaints. I even forced reliance (CDMA) to erect one tower in my area. It wasn't easy switching operators as MNP was not present in those days and switching operator meant losing number. But today we are free to switch network if we are not satisfied instead of complaining and getting the things fixed.

One thing should be clear in our mind that we cannot force any company to change its policy but can pressurise them to improve services. A customer rules - Companies are providers and we are the choosers these days.;)

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Every one is playing his own card whether Jio or AVOID to sustain their business so we cannot blame either of them but yes, we have our choices and can opt for the services best suited to us from the operator of our choice, reason why MNP is there.

One thing should be clear in our mind that we cannot force any company to change its policy but can pressurise them to improve services. A customer rules - Companies are providers and we are the choosers these days.;)

But the problem now is, there is NO such quality operator due to race for cheap tariff and UnLimited calls. Clarity of Voice calls in Airtel Network used to be great even in 2G network and HD calls on DC-HSPA network was as good as Jio to Jio HD calls during launch days. But now?? Forget call clarity, it is like a boon to complete a 3 minute voice call without interruptions / cracking sound / call drops, in any network --- all thanks to Unlimited calls.

Two years back, I used to pay around Rs1900 for my single mobile connection and that too for LIMITED calls (10k minutes) + 8GB data. Now I am paying around the same amount for all of my 10+ corporate connections combined (Airtel). But the calling experience is THE WORST now, even though I am paying tiny fraction of that amount. The problem is, I have tried Vodafone / BSNL / Jio as well. Comparing them Airtel is little better OR I can say that LEAST WORSE operator is Airtel now. So where is the choice now?

18 hours ago, LTE4G said:

There is a big 'Price war' in telecom sector while trying to pull more customers. As far as 'Quality of service' is concerned, it needs more money to maintain it and cannot be achieved using handful of customers with 'High pricing' but can be achieved by increasing the number of users on board and the marketing heads of Airtel, Idea & Vodafone are well aware of it. As I said before, Mukesh Ambani is here to do business & not charity but by its liberal pricing policy has been successful in achieving targets (increasing its subscribers) in a very short period of time as compared to other operators in India.

15 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

But the problem now is, there is NO such quality operator due to race for cheap tariff and UnLimited calls. Clarity of Voice calls in Airtel Network used to be great even in 2G network and HD calls on DC-HSPA network was as good as Jio to Jio HD calls during launch days. But now?? Forget call clarity, it is like a boon to complete a 3 minute voice call without interruptions / cracking sound / call drops, in any network --- all thanks to Unlimited calls.

We are going off topic as this thread is for Jio offers and I am also part of it.

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Jio 100% cashback vouchers(Rs.50*8).  Jio first launched Jio Diwali 100% cashback which was valid from 12th October and 18th October 2017 with limit of 5 recharges per number. Then they had some other similar offer (dont remember the name) with different name & now they have Surprise cashback offer valid from 26th December 2017 and 15th January 2018 & same limit of 5 recharges per Jio number.

My question is if someone has already done 5 recharges during Diwali offer & Christmas offer, are they still eligible to get (Rs.50*8) vouchers if they recharge now under Surprise cashback offer ?

Thank you.

Edited by vishalmcp
corrected info.

3 hours ago, vishalmcp said:

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Jio 100% cashback vouchers(Rs.50*8).  Jio first launched Jio Diwali 100% cashback which was valid from 12th October and 18th October 2017 with limit of 5 recharges per number. Then they had some other similar offer (dont remember the name) with different name & now they have Surprise cashback offer valid from 26th December 2017 and 15th January 2018 & same limit of 5 recharges per Jio number.

My question is if someone has already done 5 recharges during Diwali offer & Christmas offer, are they still eligible to get (Rs.50*8) vouchers if they recharge now under Surprise cashback offer ?

Thank you.

Jio has already complicated things but here are some of the FAQs that may help. Personally I recommend not to recharge too many vouchers in advance.

Is there a limit to the number of recharges which I can do?

You can have a maximum of 25 recharges on your Jio number at any given point of time including add-ons, top-up, plan recharges, ISD/IR packs. However the maximum number of recharges of Rs. 398 or above Plans, during the offer period, can be upto 5 recharges only, per account.

What will happen to the cash back vouchers (50*8) which I have received under Diwali Dhamaka / Triple cashback / Surprise cash back before 9th Jan'18? Can I still use those cashback vouchers and get an additional discount of Rs 50?

Yes, you can utilize the Rs. 50 voucher (One Voucher at a time) to buy new recharges of amount greater than 300 and on 91 and above data add on plans via MyJio app.

If I have recharged with multiple recharges of Rs. 398 and above plans, is there an end date by which I need to activate the queued|upcoming 398 or above plans to avail the Jio 100% cashback?

1. The maximum number of recharges of Rs. 398 or above plans, during the offer period, can be upto 5 recharges only per account
    2. The cashback vouchers (in multiples of 8) will be credited immediately as soon as you recharge
    3. The maximum validity of any 398 or above plans can be upto 31st October 2019. Hence recommend you to kindly activate any upcoming/queued 398 plan before 31st October 2019 to avail the full benefits and validity.

If I have purchased multiple vouchers of Rs. 398 and above plans, is there an end date by which I need to redeem them for getting Jio 100% cashback?

1. The maximum number of vouchers purchased of Rs. 398 and above plans, during the offer period, is upto 5 vouchers only, on your Jio number at any given point of time
    2. Kindly redeem the pending 398 and above plan vouchers (if any) before 31st October 2019 to avail the full benefits and validity
    3. As soon as the 398 or above plan vouchers are redeemed, the cashback vouchers will be credited in the respective MyJio App which can be further be redeemed till 15th November 2019.

Details from Terms & Conditions: https://www.jio.com/en-in/jio-surprise-cashback-terms-conditions

Cashback Voucher of Rs. 50

• Cash back will only be applicable for Rs. 398 or above recharges/vouchers purchased during offer period (26th Dec ’17 – 15th Jan ‘18)
  • Cash back of Rs 400 will be given in form of 8 vouchers of Rs 50 each by Reliance Retail Ltd. & these vouchers can be redeemed, one at a time, against recharges of Rs 309 & above plans and against Rs 91 & above data add-ons.
  • If a customer does a recharge of 149 then 50 Rs voucher cannot be redeemed for that transaction.
  • Cash back (FOC Rs 50*8) vouchers will be given to MSISDN on which the 398 or above voucher is redeemed/ attached.
  • 50 cashback voucher cannot be redeemed while recharging using own account balance.
  • FOC cash back vouchers (50*8) are non-transferable.
  • All vouchers will have validity till 31st Oct’19
Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 2

This clears almost all the doubts. Thanks@LTE4G

Sent from my Lenovo P2 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Jio has already complicated things but here are some of the FAQs that may help. Personally I recommend not to recharge too many vouchers in advance.

Is there a limit to the number of recharges which I can do?

You can have a maximum of 25 recharges on your Jio number at any given point of time including add-ons, top-up, plan recharges, ISD/IR packs. However the maximum number of recharges of Rs. 398 or above Plans, during the offer period, can be upto 5 recharges only, per account.

What will happen to the cash back vouchers (50*8) which I have received under Diwali Dhamaka / Triple cashback / Surprise cash back before 9th Jan'18? Can I still use those cashback vouchers and get an additional discount of Rs 50?

Yes, you can utilize the Rs. 50 voucher (One Voucher at a time) to buy new recharges of amount greater than 300 and on 91 and above data add on plans via MyJio app.

If I have recharged with multiple recharges of Rs. 398 and above plans, is there an end date by which I need to activate the queued|upcoming 398 or above plans to avail the Jio 100% cashback?

1. The maximum number of recharges of Rs. 398 or above plans, during the offer period, can be upto 5 recharges only per account
    2. The cashback vouchers (in multiples of 8) will be credited immediately as soon as you recharge
    3. The maximum validity of any 398 or above plans can be upto 31st October 2019. Hence recommend you to kindly activate any upcoming/queued 398 plan before 31st October 2019 to avail the full benefits and validity.

If I have purchased multiple vouchers of Rs. 398 and above plans, is there an end date by which I need to redeem them for getting Jio 100% cashback?

1. The maximum number of vouchers purchased of Rs. 398 and above plans, during the offer period, is upto 5 vouchers only, on your Jio number at any given point of time
    2. Kindly redeem the pending 398 and above plan vouchers (if any) before 31st October 2019 to avail the full benefits and validity
    3. As soon as the 398 or above plan vouchers are redeemed, the cashback vouchers will be credited in the respective MyJio App which can be further be redeemed till 15th November 2019.

Details from Terms & Conditions: https://www.jio.com/en-in/jio-surprise-cashback-terms-conditions

Cashback Voucher of Rs. 50

• Cash back will only be applicable for Rs. 398 or above recharges/vouchers purchased during offer period (26th Dec ’17 – 15th Jan ‘18)
  • Cash back of Rs 400 will be given in form of 8 vouchers of Rs 50 each by Reliance Retail Ltd. & these vouchers can be redeemed, one at a time, against recharges of Rs 309 & above plans and against Rs 91 & above data add-ons.
  • If a customer does a recharge of 149 then 50 Rs voucher cannot be redeemed for that transaction.
  • Cash back (FOC Rs 50*8) vouchers will be given to MSISDN on which the 398 or above voucher is redeemed/ attached.
  • 50 cashback voucher cannot be redeemed while recharging using own account balance.
  • FOC cash back vouchers (50*8) are non-transferable.
  • All vouchers will have validity till 31st Oct’19

@LTE4G thank you for the explanation. Where could we see validity of Rs. 50 vouchers, as I am unable to see it in my voucher section.

@vishalmcp Though it is not mentioned anywhere in the 'My Vouchers' section but they have mentioned it in their Terms and conditions here recently. They have given an end date for the vouchers to force users (those who have more than 8 vouchers) to use them either by recharging ₹300 and above plans or ₹91 booster plans before 31 October 2019.

Jio is very much unpredictable so there is a chance that they may extend the validity of these vouchers too when the actual time approaches as we have seen in the past regarding JioMoney vouchers.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

@vishalmcp Though it is not mentioned anywhere in the 'My Vouchers' section but they have mentioned it in their Terms and conditions here recently. They have given an end date for the vouchers to force users (those who have more than 8 vouchers) to use them either by recharging ₹300 and above plans or ₹91 booster plans before 31 October 2019.

Jio is very much unpredictable so there is a chance that they may extend the validity of these vouchers too when the actual time approaches as we have seen in the past regarding JioMoney vouchers.

thank you @LTE4G :) Jio had never mentioned voucher validity in their earlier offers. Anyways as mentioned by you Jio is very much unpredictable...

Jio has silently upgraded the ₹153 plan (available for Jio Phone users) and now giving 1GB per day in place of 500MB per day.

It is now identical to the Prime ₹149 plan but Jio Phone users have to recharge with ₹153 minimum to get the refund benefit of ₹1500.;)

Jio has further revised the plans effective from 26th Jan

1 GB/day would be discontinued.

Rs. 149
Current Allowance – 1GB / day
New Allowance – 1.5GB / day
Total 42GB Data (28 Days)

Rs. 349
Total 105GB Data (70 Days)

Rs. 399
Total 126GB Data (84 Days)

Rs. 449
Total 136GB Data (91 Days)

Rs. 198
Current Allowance – 1.5GB / day
New Allowance – 2GB / day
Total 56GB Data (28 Days)

Rs. 398
Total 140GB Data (70 Days)

Rs. 448
Total 168GB Data (84 Days)

Rs. 498
Total 182GB Data (91 Days)

Rs. 98 Plan
FREE Voice + total 2GB Unlimited Data for 28 days

source https://twitter.com/sanjaybafna/status/955765072801902593

DUOOgRTV4AAva0i.jpg

:wacko: :confuse: :NOTriste: :surprise: Looks like, Jio is determined to kill the total competition... :bash: Whether this will be good or bad, only time will tell. Till then we have to digest the call drops, congested network, slow speeds, NIL voice clarity, even if we are ready to pay more for quality...

• Like 1