Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Reliance Jio Latest Offers!

3 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

:wacko: :confuse: :NOTriste: :surprise: Looks like, Jio is determined to kill the total competition... :bash: Whether this will be good or bad, only time will tell. Till then we have to digest the call drops, congested network, slow speeds, NIL voice clarity, even if we are ready to pay more for quality...

Since Jio starting making money, now they are going all out and Jio is aware of the fact that network issue persist for all the operators. These prices are insane and now God bless us as service will further deteriorate.

• Like 2

Yes... Jio is making money in books only for now, I guess.. Rs154 ARPU from 16 crore customers?? I really doubt that...

Or one reason, I can guess is the QUEUED recharges has brought the revenue to Jio. For eg: I have done recharges for 2 years and hence Jio has got few thousand rupees in last quarter from me. But the problem is "I will NOT recharge for 2 years", but Jio has to serve me for 2 years without getting new revenue from me. From comments around web, I can see that so many people have done advanced recharges and hence good revenue for Jio last qtr. But in coming years, we have to wait and see.

The problem with such blood bath competition is, NO NETWORK will be in usable condition, till the end of tariff war in most places.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

:wacko: :confuse: :NOTriste: :surprise: Looks like, Jio is determined to kill the total competition... :bash: Whether this will be good or bad, only time will tell. Till then we have to digest the call drops, congested network, slow speeds, NIL voice clarity, even if we are ready to pay more for quality...

Very True.

• Like 1

what is interesting is that Jio has kept the bench mark 149 ARPU level intact and increased the daily data limits.

for all practical purposes, most people will not be able to consume full daily limit for entire validity, even if they manage for some days. psychologically, Indians would prefer to go for 149 (o its variation of long term ones) recharges instead of the 98 one, even if their requirements are more than satisfied by 2 GB monthly data. of course, thanks to whatsapp, a good amount of data gets used up just with the useless good morning/good night pictures/GIFs/Videos.  

JIO is using VOIP for voice so no extra charge of voice, as long as the call gets terminated within their own network. so they are trying to ensure just that by attracting as many person on board as possible. by giving the facility of queued recharges and bundling with cashbacks from various wallets, they are also ensuring that once a person is onboard, he/she remains with them for a long time. again, Jio will keep on coming out with offers and Indian psyche would induce people to keep queuing up recharges even though they may have a few queued up already. Mukesh bhai (or is it Mukesh Jr) has found a new way of perpetual contract carrier model on prepaid, without actually spelling it upfront. they have learnt from RIM mistakes.

so in the end, it would be 149 APRU multiplied by number of users, not a small figure by any measure.  

Edited by commonman
  • Like 2

A republic day gift for everyone from Jio with right to call & internet... 

No matter how much we grumble or criticise Jio, one thing is sure that for a poor man "Achche Din Aa Gaye", thanks to Mr. Mukesh Ambani for introducing most affordable plans. (approx. 80% of Indian population is still poor)

1. Now voice users can enjoy unlimited calls, 2GB data & 300 sms for 28 days.

Screenshot_2018-01-26-12-04-18-607_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.d9a8d5c487568cc9048d4f609bb6ecb4.png

2. Jio Phone users who think paying ₹153 is too much if they are not using data, then now there is a damn cheap ₹49 plan for them with 1GB data and 50 sms too. And ₹153 plan users will get 1.5GB/day and 100 sms/day too.

Screenshot_2018-01-26-12-04-35-280_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.282c821b5fb2959ba1955d1466e65940.png

Edited by LTE4G

This is looking more like crushing the competition, than republic day gift for my eyes. Healthy competition is good for customers, but that is not the case now. Jio's plans are like dragging competitors to hell loss.

Even now, I can't understand why Airtel is still triggering Jio by matching their plans. May be their idea is to kill idea? Idea CEO is almost crying for mercy showing white flag.

One thing is for sure, expecting quality services during this blood bath is a crime now.

Lets look this in a positive angle.

Amazon, Ola, UBER, Flikart ....... Do you think are all these companies making profit? Surely not now. They are funded by people who are having simple money in plenty (Like Soft bank from Japan)

And we are getting good quality service from all the above companies. Right?

So even if the prices are damn cheap and not at all viable, we will be getting quality. 

Airtel and JIO will try to become No.1 at all costs. JIO has very very deep pockets. Airtel will also be funded by so many investors from around the world. So both will offer down to earth prices and they will also try to maintain the quality. The player who offers very low prices + quality - Will be future No.1. 

After becoming No.1 also they will not increase the prices. Because if they increase the prices, another new player will enter. This business model will work on volumes. Everybody will have 1 or 2 phones (Whether they need it or not). So the No.1 company will be making profits regularly . Example of this is alibaba.com. They have become No.1 and still offering rock bottom prices. Due to their volume they are able to do this.

So VOLUME VOLUME VOLUME is the key and to attain this these companies will do anything. 

So we can enjoy (But ultimately we will pay the same amount, since we will now give phone even for our office boy :unexp:)

For last 2 days in Kolkata, Jio has come to crawling with less than 100 kbps speed. Nothing works. Speed becomes usable only after midnight. Indicator of days to come.

jio 1500 phone users are for a bonanza with recharge rate falling to 49 from 153 for 28 days

existing users can also avail this offer

jiophn-masthead-desktop-1440x650.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 8:40 PM, pasumark said:

Lets look this in a positive angle.

Amazon, Ola, UBER, Flikart ....... Do you think are all these companies making profit? Surely not now. They are funded by people who are having simple money in plenty (Like Soft bank from Japan)

And we are getting good quality service from all the above companies. Right?

So even if the prices are damn cheap and not at all viable, we will be getting quality. 

Airtel and JIO will try to become No.1 at all costs. JIO has very very deep pockets. Airtel will also be funded by so many investors from around the world. So both will offer down to earth prices and they will also try to maintain the quality. The player who offers very low prices + quality - Will be future No.1. 

After becoming No.1 also they will not increase the prices. Because if they increase the prices, another new player will enter. This business model will work on volumes. Everybody will have 1 or 2 phones (Whether they need it or not). So the No.1 company will be making profits regularly . Example of this is alibaba.com. They have become No.1 and still offering rock bottom prices. Due to their volume they are able to do this.

So VOLUME VOLUME VOLUME is the key and to attain this these companies will do anything. 

So we can enjoy (But ultimately we will pay the same amount, since we will now give phone even for our office boy :unexp:)

The difference is, with HEALTHY competition, the quality of service increases. But in cut-throat DEADLY competition, only PRICE gets cheaper and quality degrades like anything. No network in India is good in all places, both for voice calls and data. Right now, it changes from street to street as well.

In TN, Airtel's DC-HSPA rocks. But their 4G speed sux and in MP+CG, 4G rocks, 3G crawls. Voice quality of 2G sux in all circles, thanks to unlimited calls.

Wrt BSNL, speed is good in two streets per city. If we are living in rest of the 990+ streets, then we are out of luck. Voice calls are horrible even in 3G, again thanks to unlimited calls.

Jio has good speeds in MP, TN. But it crawls in Mah & AP. if you have 4G+ phone (with LTE - A support), then you are blessed, else cursed. Calls between Jio numbers are simply awesome, but between Jio and other networks calls are awful.

It is NOT like, operators have not expanded their network coverage. They have (especially Jio and Airtel) improved coverage great (thanks again to competition). But the data speed and voice clarity is NOT upto the mark, due to too much race to cheap tariff.

did a recharge of Rs 49x13 for the Rs 1500 jio phone which my daughter uses

so now voice will be free @ Rs 637 for a year (364 days) without any headache of paying / recharging. I dont see any other operator offering unlimited calling for both roaming as well as local in 637 bucks  

also dont see rates bottoming from Rs 49 / 28 days so this is a win win for heavy voice users or cases like mine where i  dont want my child to have whatsapp access but only access to a phone.  

Edited by nitink
  • Like 1

I believe jio and avoid group should bring some new plans which gives half data at double speed so if some users ready to pay for high speed data at double cost they can choose the same.

But at the same time i doubt TRAI will allow such plans.

I request all to list tested  LTE - A supported handsets in India as JIO is running LTE-A. Mr. Kanaga Deepan has been trying but others should come forward also. Every user will be benefitted when purchase a new handset.

1 hour ago, cooladitya007 said:

I believe jio and avoid group should bring some new plans which gives half data at double speed so if some users ready to pay for high speed data at double cost they can choose the same.

Right.

2 hours ago, cooladitya007 said:

that wud come under the net neutrality and wud never see the light of day 

23 hours ago, nitink said:

It would not.

Different speeds for different plans is beyond the scope of net neutrality. Even now, broadband/cable users have different speeds for different plans. As long there is no differentiation/restriction based on the sites/URL/IP, there is no violation of net neutrality.

On 1/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, nitink said:

Today also all unlimited plan is getting differentiated at some point after FUP.

Also Today Airtel offer same Rs XX/GB for 3G as well as 4G speed. same plan but different speed.

Jio can differentiated Speed only when Someone get Guaranteed  Better speed at each tower, which Jio can only archive by CA or deploying more Bandwidth with any band . 1/3/5/40 or 28

Back to topic! ;)

Jio has now modified the add on packs - screenshot below.

IMG_20180131_022447.thumb.jpg.b4ced3378d76c00b0c8cca61f19cee81.jpg

• Like 1

I can't understand Jio's strategy. They don't give a damn about higher-end plans and postpaid connections. Rs999 recharge still gives 60GB for 90 days (with free 15GB topup --depending on phone and Rs50x8 cashback) ONLY. The customers who have recharged with that plan are giving Rs333 per month, comparing Rs133 per month in case of Rs399 plan users. But Rs399 plan gives 1.5GB/ day for 84 days + Rs50x8 cashback vouchers + 10GB topup free.

Now the Rs101 top-up automatically uses our existing Rs50 cashback voucher. So it is Rs51 for 6GB, as well. With such top-up facility, now there is simply NO NEED to go for Rs999 or above plans at all. Just do Rs399 recharge and use Rs51 (Rs101-Rs50 CB) top-up for 6GB -- when you need bulk data and you are good to go.

Since Jio is NOT AT ALL thinking about the Rs333 ARPU users, now it is PROVED (although not surprising) that all Jio wants is to KILL competition and nothing else...

I think I know "What Jio wants?" - Number 1 position in India (Dominate Indian telecom). So Jio can go to any extent to achieve it.;)

We must not forget that all these disruptive plans may disappear after 19th October 2019 (the dead line Jio has decided for Vouchers and Plans).:ph34r:

Anyway - in spite of all the rumpus going around Jio I am enjoying good speed.:wub:

Edited by LTE4G

9 hours ago, LTE4G said:

I think I know "What Jio wants?" - Number 1 position in India (Dominate Indian telecom). So Jio can go to any extent to achieve it.;)

Sorry, I dis-agree with this point. If they are really into number one position, they must be giving special offers for high ARPU users as well as Postpaid customers (much stickier customers). But their only motto is to KILL THE COMPETITION and nothing else.

who else can offer the Rs 49/month for unlimited voice calls :D 

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Sorry, I dis-agree with this point. If they are really into number one position, they must be giving special offers for high ARPU users as well as Postpaid customers (much stickier customers). But their only motto is to KILL THE COMPETITION and nothing else.

You may disagree, but the fact is that by giving away dirt cheap offers they can easily surpass Airtel (number of subscribers) by the next year & as far as ARPU is concerned they are already well off (reporting profits) so there is no need to concentrate on improving it, at least at the moment - when they are looking for more subscribers. This can be addressed as "Killing the competition" but just think what was happening before the entry of Jio - all telecom operators were simply LOOTING. Now Jio has emerged as a "Robin Hood" and may be killing the competition, but who is benefited - We the users (remember 80%of Indian population is still poor). This is the reason why they are after masses and not merely after the bunch of high ARPU customers. I would like to say that when the things are beyond our control & we can't do anything about the present situation it is better to enjoy the cheap data till the "Looting Era" revives again if ever (although not expected).;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LTE4G said:

You may disagree, but the fact is that by giving away dirt cheap offers they can easily surpass Airtel (number of subscribers) by the next year & as far as ARPU is concerned they are already well off (reporting profits) so there is no need to concentrate on improving it, at least at the moment - when they are looking for more subscribers. This can be addressed as "Killing the competition" but just think what was happening before the entry of Jio - all telecom operators were simply LOOTING. Now Jio has emerged as a "Robin Hood" and may be killing the competition, but who is benefited - We the users (remember 80%of Indian population is still poor). This is the reason why they are after masses and not merely after the bunch of high ARPU customers. I would like to say that when the things are beyond our control & we can't do anything about the present situation it is better to enjoy the cheap data till the "Looting Era" revives again if ever (although not expected).;)

I am NOT saying other operators were NOT looting, before jio days. Yes, they have looted and will continue to do so, if they get the slightest chance, even now. No doubts in that. I do agree that, people are getting huge benefits as well. I am NOT against the benefits for mass. I wholeheartedly welcome this. But why they are NOT caring about high ARPU users???

• Do you think, they got profit, just from Jio's operations ALONE and NOT from funds of RIL???
  • Do you think, they will get returns for the 2.5 Lakh Crores, (this amount is as big as budget of few small countries) by offering to masses only? No, they need to concentrate on high ARPU users as well.
  • I will be more happy, if they offered balanced services like, Rs49 Limited plan for feature phone users and Bulk benefits for high ARPU users.

I am NOT losing anything, if Idea or Airtel goes to loss (they already are. Idea for 1 year & Airtel from last qtr for India operations). But lack of competition is a HUGE loss for customers. With NO competition, there will be NO need to ensure quality services. Already CC of Jio is the worst. Guess, the situation, when there is NO or little competition? It is much worse than Rs296/GB, imho.

Reg "Revival of Looting Era" -- I don't think it will be as severe as AVoId days of Rs296 per GB for sure. At the max, it can go to Rs303 -- 1GB per day for 28 days. When saying LOSS to customers, it is NOT just about money -- It is loss of quality -- It is the loss of Choice -- It is the loss of peace of mind. With NO competition, your money is valueless. That is the real loss.

• Like 2

Unlike other operators, Jio Plans are Open & Tariff-card Transparent.

However, Data speed indoors at my location is pathetic!

Like earlier RCom CDMA, need stable & reliable Netconnect - even 2Mbps [indoors] would be fine!

Discontinued Jio on 01-Feb-2018, after the JDDD pack expired. However, it seems I'm on "Grace Plan" - 100SMS/Day [Ref. Screen-shot],  64Kbps Unlimited Data, Incoming Calls & SMS!

Jio-SIM in spare handset at home now, hope things would improve [Data speed indoors]! 

Grace Plan.jpg

Edited by Hejmady
Typo correction