Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Reliance Jio Latest Offers!

Ref.: myJio app #4.1.09 on Lyf Wind4

the latest update of myJio app # 4.1.09 works fine on my Lyf Wind4 & is superfast [loads even with the present reduced Jio speed, viz. 64kbps] - earlier it was taking ages to load even with airtel4G & BSNL Broadband WiFi.

hope Jio would also work to improve indoor 4G coverage soon, so that i can recharge & start using the services again!

Please check whether your handset supports LTE-A and inform us.

On 2/8/2018 at 5:39 PM, jyotirimweb said:

Please check whether your handset supports LTE-A and inform us.

my Reliance Lyf Wind 4 handset doesn't seem to support LTE-A

will LTE-A Handset solve Jio Indoor coverage issue? if so, can you suggest a Dual SIM [4G+4G] VoLTE LTE-A handset under 10K & oblige?

Where indoor signal is nil no handset will work.

Mr. 'Samir 7186' has posted in this forum regarding LTE-A handsets available in India --

1. Lyf f1s 

2. Lyf f1 

3. Samsung A9 pro

4. Samsung c9 pro.

None of these are below 10K.

I'm getting 2-3 signal Bars for Jio4G in Lyf Wind4 - I understand that, the handset latches to LTE Band 5 [850MHz] - no issue with Voice-call/SMS, only Data Speed is Pathetic [earlier with JDDD Plan, now speed reduced to 64Kbps as I haven't recharged after 01-Feb-2018]

I had also tried the Jio SIm in Moto E3 Power and Locked the LTE Band to B3 & B40 [via MTK Engineer mode, *#*#3646633#*#*] - no Signal Bars!

thanks for the list of LTE-A compatible handsets in India 

Edited by Hejmady
Typo Correction

On 10/02/2018 at 4:13 PM, Hejmady said:

can you suggest a Dual SIM [4G+4G] VoLTE LTE-A handset under 10K

Lyf f1 and lyf f1s both available under 10k, try amazon and flipkart.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:54 AM, jyotirimweb said:

Where indoor signal is nil no handset will work.

Mr. 'Samir 7186' has posted in this forum regarding LTE-A handsets available in India --

1. Lyf f1s 

2. Lyf f1 

3. Samsung A9 pro

4. Samsung c9 pro.

None of these are below 10K.

Apart from above mentioned handset, two more handsets I have tested physically who support LTA-A

1. samsung s7 (3CA)

2. MOTO X4 (3CA)

As already tested, MotoE3 power can latch only to Jio4G Band5 [850MHz] indoors at my location [no Band3 / Band40 signal bars, verified by Band Lock via MTK Engineer mode], i presume upgrade to LTE-A handset may not serve well!

thanks for the updated list of LTE-A supported handsets. I think MotoG5 Plus [Rs.10,999/- at Flipkart] also supports LTE-A

2 hours ago, sameer7186 said:

Apart from above mentioned handset, two more handsets I have tested physically who support LTA-A

1. samsung s7 (3CA)

2. MOTO X4 (3CA)

Many thanks again.

On 2/16/2018 at 2:22 PM, Hejmady said:

I think MotoG5 Plus [Rs.10,999/- at Flipkart] also supports LTE-A

But before buy, check it with your friends or relative, whether it supports CA or not. As per specification, every SD processor supports CA atleast 2CA, but in india simply it doesn't. In this case, only samsung device is faithful although I used to hate samsung. But Now I m loving it. In my area I am getting more than 20 mbps at any time with 3CA with s7 where phone without CA is giving less than 1 mbps.

• Like 1

What about jio fi devices?? Which jio fi model support LTE-A??

I have Lenovo z2 plus which supports LTE-A 2CA but i never felt high speed compare to xiaomi redmi note 4, does this LTE-A thing always works??

Edited by cooladitya007

22 hours ago, cooladitya007 said:

What about jio fi devices?? Which jio fi model support LTE-A??

I have Lenovo z2 plus which supports LTE-A 2CA but i never felt high speed compare to xiaomi redmi note 4, does this LTE-A thing always works??

1. None of the jio fi devices supports LTE-A.

2. Lenovo z2 plus supports 2CA with band 5 and band 3. So you will get less speed compare to RN4 as same time RN4(which doesn't have CA) latches to band 40 which gives decent speed..

I would recommend that Go with 3CA devices to enjoy jio. I have ported my primary Number to jio and really enjoying very good speed almost everywhere in pune at anytime..

any of the VIVO phones support LTE-A?

Cheers!! Jio is giving 10GB to all prime members valid for 28 days as 'add on' which expires on 27th March 2018.

Check your MyJio app. 

IMG_20180228_004155.thumb.png.74dd68978e15cf8061366f51ad198379.png

8 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Cheers!! Jio is giving 10GB to all prime members valid for 28 days as 'add on' which expires on 27th March 2018.

Check your MyJio app. 

Do you know the catch in this offer??? NOT at all a big one for most of the people, but for me it is a deal-breaker.

The FREE add-on can be used ONLY in the phone which was used during the plan recharge. For example, you are using xiaomi RN4 and do a Rs399 recharge and will get 10GB add-on for FREE. But in case you changed the phone to other say RN5, then the addon will NOT be used at all, even though it was redeemed earlier. I have experienced this in my 4G Tab, while recharge was done on C9 pro.

As I said it is NOT a big deal for almost anyone. But for people who change phone often or that old phone got broken, they are in for bad luck. I have recharged for 2 years and obviously can't use th phone for that length of time. So it is NOT that useful in queing more plans in Jio.

52 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Do you know the catch in this offer??? NOT at all a big one for most of the people, but for me it is a deal-breaker.

The FREE add-on can be used ONLY in the phone which was used during the plan recharge. For example, you are using xiaomi RN4 and do a Rs399 recharge and will get 10GB add-on for FREE. But in case you changed the phone to other say RN5, then the addon will NOT be used at all, even though it was redeemed earlier. I have experienced this in my 4G Tab, while recharge was done on C9 pro.

As I said it is NOT a big deal for almost anyone. But for people who change phone often or that old phone got broken, they are in for bad luck. I have recharged for 2 years and obviously can't use th phone for that length of time. So it is NOT that useful in queing more plans in Jio.

The 10GB is credited to every device I have and is not associated or given along with any recharge of ₹399. Don't know whether device switching will forfeit this or not but I have additional 5GB add on vouchers received with ₹399 recharges under the Xiaomi offer which will be forfeited if I switch handset.

3 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

I agree with @KanagaDeepan. I also have not received 10GB add-on as I too have changed the handset recently & have few recharges in queue. But got the 10GB add-on pack on my other jio numbers.

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

The 10GB is credited to every device I have and is not associated or given along with any recharge of ₹399. Don't know whether device switching will forfeit this or not but I have additional 5GB add on vouchers received with ₹399 recharges under the Xiaomi offer which will be forfeited if I switch handset.

I was given 5GB last month but it was not usable in dongle. It was usable in my RN3 and expired remaining balance on 24th Feb.

1 hour ago, vishalmcp said:

I agree with @KanagaDeepan. I also have not received 10GB add-on as I too have changed the handset recently & have few recharges in queue. But got the 10GB add-on pack on my other jio numbers.

I have changed one of my sim from mobile handset to newly purchased (26th January 2018) iBall Tab and got 10GB on that device too. The particular sim was lying without any plan from 8th Nov to 26th January when I inserted it into iBall and restored the services by redeeming one of my ₹399 stored voucher on that sim.

I don't know what exactly is the eligibility criteria for getting 10GB but I got it on all my connections - Lava X11, Redmi Note 3 Pro and iBall Tab too (purchased in January 2018).

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

@LTE4G can you give some feedback on the 4G tab

I was earlier using the SIM in Wind4 and have switched to Vivo Y53 a week back. Got 10 GB credited yesterday.

I got 10 gb in all but one sim.

The sim in which I didn't get , has always been recharged with packs.Now running with 198/- pack.

Another one, in which I got 10 gb, has not been recharged for about 4 months.

Another one, in which I got 10 gb, was recharged in last 2 occasions with Rs.49.

So criteria can not be decided from my end.

On 28/02/2018 at 1:47 PM, jyotirimweb said:

I was given 5GB last month but it was not usable in dongle. It was usable in my RN3 and expired remaining balance on 24th Feb.

5GB add on you got must have been under Xiaomi offer & is associated with particular handset and cannot be used with any other device.

22 hours ago, jyotirimweb said:

I got 10 gb in all but one sim.

The sim in which I didn't get , has always been recharged with packs.Now running with 198/- pack.

Another one, in which I got 10 gb, has not been recharged for about 4 months.

Another one, in which I got 10 gb, was recharged in last 2 occasions with Rs.49.

So criteria can not be decided from my end.

It seems they are giving on lot basis - so keep checking, you may get the 10GB on the other sim within next few days. Good luck! ;)

• Like 1

Getting 10GB addon is not at all an issue. I get it just after 10 minutes of doing plan recharge. Further 999 recharge gives 15GB and 399 or above recharges gives 10GB vouchers. Redeeming the same is also no issue. But it is unusable when u change phone and exhaust plan usage limit (like 1GB per day in old 399).

I am using Jio SIM on my old Lenovo YogaTab 3 (8" screen without VoLTE) got from flipkart (don't get from Amazon as it has just 1GB Ram). Now better one is Alcatel pop 4 (10" tab without VoLTE) again from flipkart for under 11k.

But don't forget that, when u are using jio number in mobile while doing a recharge, the free add-on will become unusable if you change the SIM to any other phone or tab. So better get a new SIM for the tab, imho...

Sent from my Samsung C9 pro using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, LTE4G said:

5GB add on you got must have been under Xiaomi offer & is associated with particular handset and cannot be used with any other device.

It seems they are giving on lot basis - so keep checking, you may get the 10GB on the other sim within next few days. Good luck! ;)

The other sim jas also been credited with 10 GB! But jio speed is becoming low day by day.

10GB data add on mystery over. See the message from Jio below.

Screenshot_2018-03-03-10-16-48-610_com.android_mms.thumb.png.bafcd2c8a9fbee6630831ebdacfd76bd.png