Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dhiv

JioFi - Not able to sent emails through Outlook

I am using a Reliance Jio Myfi device, everything is working fine apart from the fact that i am not able to send emails using Outlook 2011 for MAC and Microsoft office 2016 in windows, i can receive mails, but if i connect to other networks like BSNL or cable i am able to send and receive emails but when i connect with reliance i am not able to send emails.

Please let me know how fix this and i get an error message having code 3529 and it says "operation to the server times out" this does not happen with BSNL or siticable.

Thanks

Looks like the port is blocked. What is the port number configured in the Outgoing Mail server setting? 25?

Normally smtp Port (25) is blocked in firewall for WiFi connection. Check firewall settings.

I don't think that Jio will block smtp Port to stop spam as practised by some ISP's.

Edited by LTE4G

I have this issue with ICICI site also. Some of the sites with https secure authentication does not open in Jio.

However, Mozilla Thunderbird operates without any issues.

Edited by commonman

1 hour ago, commonman said:

I have this issue with ICICI site also. Some of the sites with https secure authentication does not open in Jio.

However, Mozilla Thunderbird operates without any issues.

I have also observed that some sites with https SSL connections do not open in Firefox while connected through tethering via Android Hotspot. Whereas opening the same site through Chrome or Edge loads without any issue. After flushing DNS cache or clearing Firefox cookies & cache or restarting PC, sometimes the site starts loading in Firefox too. Seems there is some secure connection bug while connecting Windows device to Android (via tethering) which causes speed throttling too.

Read my post here to overcome speed issues caused by tethering.

Hi,

Am facing the same issue mentioned in this thread.

Not able to send e-mail through JioFi but am able to send e-mails in Outlook 2010 through any other WiFi Services!

Can anyone help in this issue?

On 9/7/2017 at 9:45 PM, Keshav Raju said:

Hi,

Am facing the same issue mentioned in this thread.

Not able to send e-mail through JioFi but am able to send e-mails in Outlook 2010 through any other WiFi Services!

Can anyone help in this issue?

Did you try changing port to 465, 587 or 2525 from default port 25?

Also get into JioFi's Web admin and try setting port forwarding.

Edited by LTE4G

Need to disable ipv6. This will fix the issue. It can be done by Login into the router and choose Network> Internet Protocol Settings> Apn for network attach > set apn mode as manual. There you will get option for choosing ipv4. 

On 19/12/2017 at 7:35 AM, Sanjaykumar Suthar said:

Hi Dear all,

I changed my port to 587 and outgoing mails are working. Now my issue is resolved.

Regard

OK! Your issue is finally resolved. I knew that it was due to port but can you please confirm that you succeeded without disabling IP6.

I changed my the port settings to 587 for each of my accounts in outlook and the problem was solved. I was able to send mails from outlook . I did not disable IP6 . 

I thank the members of this post for the valuable inputs

Yes. By changing the port number to 587 the issue got resolved. Please ensure "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication(SPA)" kept unchecked in the Internet E-mail Settings window and  keep "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) option unchecked in more settings->advanced tab...

Thank you!

Ram