Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ssr

Airtel V-Fibre is real?

2 months back I got V-Fibre and my speed reaches 20mbs, the sales team promised 40mbs but the customer care insists that I will not get more than 16mbs.

and according to some of the blogs its a marking scam. I paid 1k to upgrade the modem and still no hope of getting 40mbs.

A look at the modem configuration shows 2 lines and only one is active other one is disconnected.

Any one facing same issue.

airtel is truely chortel.. there sales team are like that.. v-fibre is "upto 40 mbps". shifted from one chor (reliance broadband) to another chor (airtel) last year in nov. just to hope that they are upgrading to v-fiber, but till date nothing has happened..

Sent from my LG-D859 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

according to sales team, it works with normal line itself, so no rewiring or optical cable is required.

but my guess is it requires 2 lines internally to get 40mbps, but again speed cannot go more than that

Edited by ssr

Last week got my Airtel broadband plan upgraded to VFiber. They charged me 500 rupees which will be added to my bill, got a new modem of D Link. My new plan has maximum speed of 40 mbps and minimum of 1 mbps on FUP i.e. 40 GB for a monthly rental of Rupees 799 + GST. Along with this I have got 750 GB data free for one year and unlimited calls in plan. As per the speed , I have noticed on speedtest I normally get 22 mbps which is marginally higher than my earlier speed of 16 mbps. Keeping my fingers crossed for speed. However, I am happy to get new modem, 750 GB free data for one year, increased monthly data (50 GB (40+10), earlier it was 25 GB), minimum of 1 mbps broadband after FUP and unlimited calls with same monthly rental.

Noticed on ookla that I am getting 40 Mbps speed. Although some times latency is there

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You will get speeds as per the distance from the exchange. 40mbps works only till 300-400m.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I've also checked my 40 Mbps plan with Ookla and it barely reached 24 Mbps speed ... very disappointed now .. 

Is there anyone at all who has reached the craving speed of 40 Mbps?

Edited by ggeorgieff

15 hours ago, ggeorgieff said:

I've also checked my 40 Mbps plan with Ookla and it barely reached 24 Mbps speed ... very disappointed now .. 

Is there anyone at all who has reached the craving speed of 40 Mbps?

The speed for V-Fiber depends on distance between your premise and exchange. I had received an offer from Airtel long back. But the filed technician informed that since my office far from their exchange, I will get max. 8Mbps. While one of my friends in different area is getting aroung 40Mbps speed as he is closer to the exchange.

• Like 1