Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deepu

Win Rs 10 Lakh In India's Biggest Gaming Contest!

Reliance WebWorld and Intel launched India's biggest multi-player PC gaming tournament on Tuesday, with a total prize kitty of over Rs 10 lakh (Rs 1 million).

Called Gamebox National Championship 2005, the tournament will be held in more than 230 WebWorlds across 104 cities in India between May 28 and June 12.

Some 15,000 gaming enthusiasts are expected to participate in the championship that includes popular games such as Counter Strike: Condition Zero, Need for Speed, Unreal Tournament 2004, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and FIFA 2004.

Winners from each participating Reliance WebWorld will fight it out at the WebWorld level between May 30 and June 2, at the circle level between June 4 and June 6, and at the zonal levels between June 10 and June 12.

The zonal winners will lock horns at the national finals on June 18 and 19 in Mumbai.

While the national winner will win a TVS Victor motorbike, thanks to TVS who are prize sponsors, circle level winners will pocket a Yepp55 Samsung Digital Audio Players.

Announcing the launch, Sarup Chowdhary, CEO, Reliance WebWorld said, "Gamers across India now have a chance to test their skills at these action-packed, thrilling PC games. Multiplayer online gaming is one of the key broadband applications at WebWorld. Creating an environment of competitiveness among participants in the interactive entertainment space is a business imperative today. The Gamebox National Championship is a great beginning for gaming in India."

In addition to supporting play on the Reliance WebWorld network, special game dedicated servers have been set up at the Reliance Data Centre to allow hordes of gamers to game.

Sunil Buch, Head Marketing WebWorld adds "The Gamebox National Championship is being supported by Radio in the 6 top cities of Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad. There is also a huge online campaign on rediff.com, Yahoo, MSN, and technology / gaming sites like Techtree, Kawabonka. This is the biggest online gaming championship with a total prize kitty of over Rs 10 lakh across all levels."

Any Body here participating in the tournament plz post your experiences!!

An advt recd from rediff.com

hedo1_relweb_240505.jpg

hedo2_relweb_240505.jpg

hedo3_relweb_240505.jpg

web world lady had requested me and forced me to write an app for it..

but i cancelled it saying i cant rs.100 reg fee..