Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dipak Kumar Pusti

Update email ID with new Jio number

In the initial period of Jio preview launch, i had a jio number with which I updated my primary gmail id, later for some reason and I stopped using that number and that number got deactivated, problem is i don't remember that number either.

Now i am using another jio number full time and everything else works fine except email id updation in my jio account. When I am typing that gmail ID it is saying This email ID is already registered. 

is there any way to detach email ID from old account and add it to my new number ?

On 23/09/2017 at 7:26 PM, Dipak Kumar Pusti said:

In the initial period of Jio preview launch, i had a jio number with which I updated my primary gmail id, later for some reason and I stopped using that number and that number got deactivated, problem is i don't remember that number either.

Now i am using another jio number full time and everything else works fine except email id updation in my jio account. When I am typing that gmail ID it is saying This email ID is already registered. 

is there any way to detach email ID from old account and add it to my new number ?

Login to your old account via web browser using your "email" as username / Jio ID and change your email. You can also use your old account with new number - by adding the new number in the same account and later remove the old number.

I am in a similar situation

So I had a Jio number during the initial days and that was the primary number of my Jio account with my email address. Subsequent Jio connections I just linked to this account. Now that first number has been disconnected for inactivity and has already been issued to another customer. 

When I login to the Jio account with email address, it says unable to process the request. I am not able to switch to another linked number as well. I went it to the profile and gave a dummy email and verified it as well, but the first email remains linked to that account.

I contacted Jio but they don't seem to understand. I have sent another email with screenshots and things, let's see what they say, but meanwhile is there anything else I can do to fix this?

I need to access my Jio account with my original email address itself. 

22 hours ago, varkey said:

I am in a similar situation

So I had a Jio number during the initial days and that was the primary number of my Jio account with my email address. Subsequent Jio connections I just linked to this account. Now that first number has been disconnected for inactivity and has already been issued to another customer. 

When I login to the Jio account with email address, it says unable to process the request. I am not able to switch to another linked number as well. I went it to the profile and gave a dummy email and verified it as well, but the first email remains linked to that account.

I contacted Jio but they don't seem to understand. I have sent another email with screenshots and things, let's see what they say, but meanwhile is there anything else I can do to fix this?

I need to access my Jio account with my original email address itself. 

Is your old email ID visible when you login to your new numbers account through MyJio app using "sign in using sim"?

On MyJio app, you can login with SIM or specify a number and get OTP to log into that number.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:40 PM, LTE4G said:

Is your old email ID visible when you login to your new numbers account through MyJio app using "sign in using sim"?

Yes, my email is visible in the profile section when login with SIM or SMS. 

On 10/24/2017 at 3:45 PM, csmart said:

On MyJio app, you can login with SIM or specify a number and get OTP to log into that number.

I understand, but I would like to use my email and login with a password. 

On 11/6/2017 at 11:26 PM, varkey said:

Yes, my email is visible in the profile section when login with SIM or SMS. 

Your case seems complicated. Anyway login to your old account using "email-ID" and "password" through Browser in PC (Select 'Sign In using Email ID').

Now, on the login page enter your Registered Email ID and choose 'forgot password' & try to reset password. Thereafter you will be able to login to your old account and remove/replace the email ID and attached numbers too. Then you should create a new account using new number (Primary) and attach the email ID. You need to remove the linked account/numbers too.

Please let me know if it works.

Note that it takes approximately 24 hours for new email / Jio ID to get updated after email verification & OTP verification - please recheck.

Edited by LTE4G

On 11/7/2017 at 12:09 AM, LTE4G said:

Your case seems complicated. Anyway login to your old account using "email-ID" and "password" through Browser in PC (Select 'Sign In using Email ID').

Now, on the login page enter your Registered Email ID and choose 'forgot password' & try to reset password. Thereafter you will be able to login to your old account and remove/replace the email ID and attached numbers too. Then you should create a new account using new number (Primary) and attach the email ID. You need to remove the linked account/numbers too.

Please let me know if it works.

Note that it takes approximately 24 hours for new email / Jio ID to get updated after email verification & OTP verification - please recheck.

I am able to login to the account and the creds are valid too, however on logon it just gives an error message 

5a04c34da9ac3_ScreenShot2017-11-10at2_36_10AM.png.6d0e10d657747f491ff728ad66e3dd47.png

I am able to access the Profile Settings page, and there I tried to change the email to another dummy email, this went through as well, but the old email is not yet de-linked or available for re-use. Now I can login to the account using the old and new email ids. Weird. 

6 hours ago, varkey said:

I am able to login to the account and the creds are valid too, however on logon it just gives an error message 

5a04c34da9ac3_ScreenShot2017-11-10at2_36_10AM.png.6d0e10d657747f491ff728ad66e3dd47.png

I am able to access the Profile Settings page, and there I tried to change the email to another dummy email, this went through as well, but the old email is not yet de-linked or available for re-use. Now I can login to the account using the old and new email ids. Weird. 

This is because you don't have the Primary Number attached to this account (this page displays info related to primary number).

Are you able to access "MY ACCOUNTS" page ?

Are the linked accounts listed ?

Is there any option to convert any of the link account to Primary Account ? (Since Primary account is missing)

If nothing works - simply remove your linked Jio numbers either using MyJio or Jio.com.

Using MyJio App:
1. Sign in to MyJio
2. Tap on the 'My profile' in menu
3. Select 'Manage Accounts' option from setting page
4. Tap on the 'Delete' icon to remove the respective linked account

Using Jio.com:
1. Login using your Jio ID and password
2. Click on your name on the top right corner and select 'Manage Account'
3. Click on the 'Delete' icon to remove the respective linked account

Thereafter - after removing the linked accounts go to profile and again change the email ID of this account to any other email (you can use gmail alias).

Remember when you change email ID a 'One Time Password' is sent to the new email for verification whereas while creating a fresh account a verification link is sent instead.

Now your email should get released.

Now take the handsets which are using Jio sim & go to the apps section to Force stop the 'MyJio' app and clear the 'Data'.

Thereafter start 'MyJio' app in each of them and check if they show any of the email in profile or is it empty.

If the email is showing empty, then you can create a new account using 'Sign up' method on the Jio.com while using the number you want to keep/make "PRIMARY".

"Allways remember that Jio creates a new/separate Customer ID related to MyJio account (Check profile on Jio.com by login to different Jio numbers using OTP) for each Jio number even if the "Aadhaar ID" is same for them."

Hope this should help you to sort your issue.

There seems to be no provision for deleting a "MyJio" account even if the number is closed or ported, exactly like the "My Services" account of RCOM / RIM which remains there even if you remove your associated number.

Edited by LTE4G

Thank you @LTE4G

I tried your suggestions but sadly no luck at all. I had to create a new Jio account with another email and then re-link all my numbers again. 

I was able to edit the email, but then when creating a new account it says the account already exists. There should be some way to get an account deleted or modified. 

2 hours ago, varkey said:

Thank you @LTE4G

I tried your suggestions but sadly no luck at all. I had to create a new Jio account with another email and then re-link all my numbers again. 

I was able to edit the email, but then when creating a new account it says the account already exists. There should be some way to get an account deleted or modified. 

If you succeeded in removing/changing the email then wait for sometime before using it with new ID/account.

On 14/3/2018 at 4:06 PM, Ankita Sharma said:

I have same issue. @LTE4G Your answer is looking helpful So I will try.

If you elaborate your issue, I may be able to help you.