Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
commonman

Need unlocked LTE USB Dongle that works on all 3 bands

Is there any unlocked USB based LTE dongle that works on all 3 bands i.e. Band 3, 5 and 40? I found some by Huawei, D-Link and iBall but not of them works on all 3 bands.

Tough luck, I must say!! 

Actually after Jio came, the dongle market has been washed off, so are the imported devices. 

is JioFi2 Device @ Rs.999/- better than mobile-hotspot?

I have Jio, Airtel & BSNL SIM & Two Dual SIM 4G VoLTE handsets. I use JIo+BSNL in one handset and Airtel in the other

my Queries:

• if I buy JioFi2 device for Jio SIM & use the Airtel+BSNL SIMs in one of the Dual-SIM handsets - will this handset become a "Triple-SIM" with Jio4G Voice app via JioFi2 Hotspot?
  • Is Jio4G Voice app better than native VoLTE support of Dual-SIM VoLTE Handset?
  • is JioFi2-hotspot better than mobile-hotspot?

Finally got Huawei E5673s 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Router from Amazon at 2199 after cashback.

3 hours ago, Hejmady said:

is JioFi2 Device @ Rs.999/- better than mobile-hotspot?

I have Jio, Airtel & BSNL SIM & Two Dual SIM 4G VoLTE handsets. I use JIo+BSNL in one handset and Airtel in the other

my Queries:

• if I buy JioFi2 device for Jio SIM & use the Airtel+BSNL SIMs in one of the Dual-SIM handsets - will this handset become a "Triple-SIM" with Jio4G Voice app via JioFi2 Hotspot?
  • Is Jio4G Voice app better than native VoLTE support of Dual-SIM VoLTE Handset?
  • is JioFi2-hotspot better than mobile-hotspot?

1 > To my understanding, Jio4G Voice does not work on VoLTE phones. Also remember that Jio4G eats too much RAM, extremely buggy and will data mine everything in your phone.

2 > No

3 > Yes. Android hotspot has certain inherrent limitation.

Depending on which SIM you use more extensively, rather you can buy a regular "dumb" phone with long battery backup and put either BSNL or Airtel SIM in it.

Edited by commonman

47 minutes ago, commonman said:

Finally got Huawei E5673s 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Router from Amazon at 2199 after cashback.

Does it support all 3 bands. The only limitation of this device would be that Jio voice would not work. though data would.

48 minutes ago, commonman said:

Does it support all 3 bands. The only limitation of this device would be that Jio voice would not work. though data would.

1 hour ago, Dushie said:

yes.

LTE: FDD B1/B3/B5/B8/B26 ; TDD B40 (2300–2395 MHz) ; DC-HSPA+/HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS: B1/B5/B8 ; EDGE/GPRS/GSM: B2/B3/B5/B8

https://store.hihonor.com/in/huawei-mobile-wifi-e5673/specification

Edited by commonman

10 hours ago, commonman said:

1 > To my understanding, Jio4G Voice does not work on VoLTE phones. Also remember that Jio4G eats too much RAM, extremely buggy and will data mine everything in your phone.

2 > No

3 > Yes. Android hotspot has certain inherrent limitation.

Depending on which SIM you use more extensively, rather you can buy a regular "dumb" phone with long battery backup and put either BSNL or Airtel SIM in it.

thanks for the clarifications, dropped the idea of JioFi2

I use a 2 band dongle - Huawei 8372. B5 is absent. Advantage : if you have signal B3 and B40 gives better speed . But my jiofi 2 always try to go into B5.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:10 PM, jyotirimweb said:

I use a 2 band dongle - Huawei 8372. B5 is absent. Advantage : if you have signal B3 and B40 gives better speed . But my jiofi 2 always try to go into B5.

Yes, but for indoors, Band 5 has more penetration power, due to shorter wavelengths, than Band 3 or 40. So Band 5 gives more stable connection indoors, even if a little slow. For most regular work, you need stable signal and speeds rather than bursts of high speeds.

Buy in case of Jio I experienced B5 , though lower frequency , has not been giving better result. My Huawei 8372 is performing better than my jiofi 2 i.e in a trade-off between penetration and speed , speed wins in my 8372 than in jiofi 2. Penetration in 8372 is not a problem.

Jio band 3 & 40 gives better speed because band 5 is overburdened since most of the people are using indoors and are connected to band 5 (subscriber base has also increased). If you place the JioFi near window you may experience better speed.