Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

rcom alredy shutdown.

My old CDMA sim got migrated to 4g.

from today there is no 2g network in sim. and when i searched network manually. and Selected aircel its working on roaming.

This is inside Bangalore city. Rcom tower is 20 meter from my house and it also have Jio's 4g antenna's of all 1,3,40 bands.

Also there is very pathetic speed degraded on aircel 3g netwrok.

Aircel is not in postion to run 2g and 3g network simultenoly.

I expect Aircel will sell 3g spectrum to airtel and Airtel will shutdown whole airtel's, tata docomo and aircel 3g network to use  2100Mhz spectrum for Band 1.

Rcom's customer. please port out if number is important otherwise make balance zero and throw sim.

For last 4 months, in Guwahati, my RCom 4G SIM catches only Aircel towers on roaming even though RCom 4G & 3G signals are available. But for local person, RCom SIM catches RCom network.

@me_saketcan you confirm whether even local persons are not getting rCom networks

So finally it is officially confirmed that rcom is going to shut down by 30th November 2017.

So it is my advice to all to port their important numbers as soon as possible.

Read here:

https://m.economictimes.com/news/company/corporate-trends/first-on-et-rcom-may-shut-its-wireless-business-in-next-30-days-employees-put-on-notice-period/amp_articleshow/61213636.cms

My 2 cents.

"We stand at a situation where we need to call it a day on our wireless business and this would bring the curtains down on our wireless business 30 days from now. And as a result, we tried whatever means to sustain and put oxygen in the business but we will not be able to sustain the business beyond 30 days from now," Gurdeep Singh, executive director of Reliance Telecom, who was also the CEO and co-CEO of the mobility business, is believed to have told employees Tuesday, according to an audio recording of the speech available with ET.

"All of us need to move on. 30th November is our last working day," said Singh, who has been with the telco for the last six years.

Reliance Communications (Rcom) and Reliance Telecom (RTL) are 2 separate legal entities. RTL existed in GSM business, mainly in East & North East, even when Reliance CDMA ws not even thought off. Even after switch to ADAG group, RCom and RTL remained separate. Many of the 2G licenses are owned by RTL and are going to expire soon.

Segment wise - ILD voice, consumer voice and 4G dongle post-paid will be migrated to enterprise as long as it is profitable. But besides these three, everything else will be shut down.

Consumer Voice will continue, though 2G may not. In related news, MTS merger has already been approved by DoT so RCom will have more spectrum for 4G Band 5. It is possible that RCom may also go full LTE with VoLTE.

On 10/8/2017 at 3:06 PM, vicky2089 said:

Many Rcom stores have been closed, there voice & chat customer care support is stopped.

I am not sure if they are going to shutdown or simply its rumor!

Have heard the same from many people , hence worried .

Now in a big confusion to port , to which operator.

Already have Vodafone ( so idea is out of choice )

BSNL is also not reliable ( my current Voda was ported from BSNL :) )

Jio no coverage at my place.

Only option left is Airtel ( Telenor will be merged with airtel I guess )

better to port to JIO, they may improve coverage soon. this is last opportunity to save number.

11 hours ago, commonman said:

For last 4 months, in Guwahati, my RCom 4G SIM catches only Aircel towers on roaming even though RCom 4G & 3G signals are available. But for local person, RCom SIM catches RCom network.

@me_saketcan you confirm whether even local persons are not getting rCom networks

Yes, even local sim latching only on AIRCEL.

When searched manually, reliance doesnt come up in list of 2g network.

What will be the future of MTS? I have 2 important MTS numbers for voice calls. A mobile shop owner told me that MTS is NOT going to shut down by November 30, but in future Reliance will convert MTS voice spectrum to Reliance 4G then my MTS number will be automatically converted to Reliance 4G SIM and I can make voice calls by changing the handset from CDMA to 4G LTE. Is it true? 

@KAPILKDEV Port out to some other operator as early as possible, since those numbers are important to you. Actually RCom 2G/3G is closing on 30th Nov, but MTS closure is about 1st week of November, afaik. To change your number to RCom 4G, you first need to change the SIM for sure. But DO NOT fall for this trap, as you may be treated as new customer and may NOT jump to any operator for 3 months then. So instead change to some other GSM operator or Jio asap.

Please remember your CDMA RUIM will NOT automatically / magically convert to 4G SIM. Your CDMA phone may become waste, if its locked. If you still want to use that phone (in case it is unlocked), your only option is BSNL CDMA.

Just escape as fast as you can from the sinking ship...

• Thanks 1

RCom is going to shut down MTS as soon as possible to convert the spectrum to 4G. But unless they introduce VoLTE, only data will work on 4G. Without 2G/3G to fall back, there will be no voice at all. RCom has already indicated that they will concentrate on 4G dongle market. Majority of MTS users are also dongle users.

As per the earlier RCom CDMA to LTE conversion experience, it would be very poorly handled and they would switch off the CDMA towers suddenly without giving much time to the customers.

So any important number should be immediately ported.

Edited by commonman
  • Thanks 1

Very very thanks to "KanagaDeepan" and "Commonman" for a valuable reply. I created porting code on both numbers. I am planning to port one number to AirTel and other to Jio. I will apply for porting tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

I was told that shutting down the 2G service means stopping 2G activations and discontinuing current 2G connections.

However, the 2G networking for 4G customers to fall back on for voice has got nothing to do with license & spectrum discontinuation.

So the 2G switching for voice for 4G customers would still work for $G customers.

Is that true ?

PS : On a similar note, I am thinking that the entire 4G setup would be sold off to Jio at a discount. Let's see though, whether it comes true or not.

Due to some unavoidable circumstances I am roaming in Chennai / Tn . have a balance of around 300 in Rcom sim(before going on roaming recharged for 97 all home & Roam calls at 20p/min.) Will be back to my home circle by Nov 15 , then I will apply for porting.Till then nothing should happen to Rcom

Got this official message at 22.33:

"You may experience NW issues as we are optimizing it in UPE.  Voice services will stop from 1 Dec.  Continue to use 4G Data service or port to any NW of your choice. RCOM"

1. Gujarat

2. UP E

Next which circle?

So no voice service in Mumbai on Reliance 4G LTE from 01 Dec ? 

39 minutes ago, praveenwarrier said:

Nobody knows what is going to happen just wait& watch

1 hour ago, vicky2089 said:

Nobody knows what is going to happen just wait& watch

What else you want to know, when they clearly said they are going to focus on 4G data card business (that too for enterprise only) ONLY and for their employees 30th Nov is the last day of salary? NO voice services from 1st Dec. Even they have switched off towers in many villages, even before Diwali, at least here in TN (Dhalavaipuram for eg). If you keep on waiting till 1st Dec, then you may watch your RCom number flying away in thin air.

1 hour ago, praveenwarrier said:

Exactly...Port out as soon as possible. ChoRCom usually blocks SMS received from porting server 1901. Earlier we can call 198 and get the port code, but now CC is also dead as ChoRCom didn't pay them for years. At least you can try sending port sms, if your RCom number is important.

Due to some unavoidable circumstances I am roaming in Chennai / Tn . have a balance of around 300 in Rcom sim(before going on roaming recharged for 97 all home & Roam calls at 20p/min.) Will be back to my home circle by Nov 15 , then I will apply for porting.Till then nothing should happen to Rcom

The problem is not wrt RCom. It is your number and you be the judge for its importance. If its NOT your main number and can let it go, you can wait and watch for sure. Even though 15th Nov is still a safe time for porting out, just Port away earlier if you get any chance.

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Thanks 1

Airtel.jpg

In order to port out, I am trying to send message PORT <93XXXXXXXX> to 1900.

But it cannot be sent and remains in outbox.

Now what to do?

Reliance network is gone. Aircel network is active. *111# and *129# etc. are working. Messages to 55333 are not working. CC not available.

37 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

In order to port out, I am trying to send message PORT <93XXXXXXXX> to 1900.

But it cannot be sent and remains in outbox.

Now what to do?

Reliance network is gone. Aircel network is active. *111# and *129# etc. are working. Messages to 55333 are not working. CC not available.

You are From which circle

5 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

You are From which circle

UPE

My friends are telling that they are getting Upc code after 3-4 hours.

So just wait for some time & check

comment_680037_attachment_images_1.JPG

After Airtel Vodafone also inviting Rcom customers to join their network

comment_680094_attachment_images_1.png