Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

1 hour ago, Shivang Singh said:

If you have UID of Delhi then it will be a hassle free process but if the UID is of UP, then you need to specify a local address in the EKYC app. Rest assured, you can port your number inter circle with an exception of J&K, NE and Assam.

My friend had ported his number from Kolkata to Assam last year.

2 hours ago, ajay16 said:

I have a Vodafone number in Delhi. My Rcom number belongs to UPE. Can I port it to Vodafone? Or I cannot opt the same operator in two different circles?

Depends on which State your Adhaar belongs to. If its of UPE, you can port without any problem to Vodafone UPE. If your Adhaar is of Delhi/Ghaziabad/NOIDA, I suggest you to port to Vodafone Delhi.

Edited by commonman

7 hours ago, commonman said:

Depends on which State your Adhaar belongs to. If its of UPE, you can port without any problem to Vodafone UPE. If your Adhaar is of Delhi/Ghaziabad/NOIDA, I suggest you to port to Vodafone Delhi.

Aadhar can be of any service area [state], provide Local Reference [Address & Phone No (mobile/Landline)] for eKYC

Having to provide local address/reference degrades aadhaar/UID to its predecessor ration card and voter's ID card. 

Airtel is insisting on port out only to their postpaid plans. Has anyone had success in porting to an Airtel prepaid plan?

So far, I've ported out one number to Jio. I have another that I want to port to Airtel but the insistence on postpaid is a deal breaker. Vodafone comes across as desperate to acquire new customers but non-committal on specifics. Idea, I'm not sure if it's a good option for Mumbai circle.

Edited by Openyard

2 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Having to provide local address/reference degrades aadhaar/UID to its predecessor ration card and voter's ID card. 

You have two options :

1. Either provide a local address proof for selecting mobile connection in that particular circle irrespective of your address in Aadhaar.

2. You can port the number to Vodafone Delhi (National Portability) and use only Aadhaar for eKYC. You can have more than one connection from the same operator subject to the maximum limit of total 9 mobile connection one can own.

4 hours ago, LTE4G said:

You have two options :

1. Either provide a local address proof for selecting mobile connection in that particular circle irrespective of your address in Aadhaar.

2. You can port the number to Vodafone Delhi (National Portability) and use only Aadhaar for eKYC. You can have more than one connection from the same operator subject to the maximum limit of total 9 mobile connection one can own.

Even if you provide Aadhaar for EKYC, you still need a local address and reference to be put in Aadhaar ekyc app if your Aadhaar state does not match the state in which you are porting in. 

19 hours ago, commonman said:

My friend had ported his number from Kolkata to Assam last year.

I am glad that government had allowed it. Earlier it was prohibited citing security order even though BSNL appealed for the ban to be lifted.

9 days of vodafone port request and nothing from them. no wonder they are lagging behind airtel. 

Edited by nitink

Looks like exit path for RCom is also not smooth.. LINK

RCom's strategic debt restructuring may hit a road block.
ET's reported that its lenders are sparring over the treatment of loans given by group entities to the embattled carrier.

The report added that two of the 27 banks in the consortium have declined Rcom's proposal to give priority status to loans taken from group companies while the rest of the banks will give their decision in the next meeting.

Many of the lenders are averse to do so because that would put them at a lower standing in terms of claims in a company that is not generating sufficient cash to meet its interest payment obligations.

11 hours ago, Openyard said:

Airtel is insisting on port out only to their postpaid plans. Has anyone had success in porting to an Airtel prepaid plan?

So far, I've ported out one number to Jio. I have another that I want to port to Airtel but the insistence on postpaid is a deal breaker. Vodafone comes across as desperate to acquire new customers but non-committal on specifics. Idea, I'm not sure if it's a good option for Mumbai circle.

As already indicated earlier, even the Vodafone guy tried to push postpaid but when I said very roughly that I want only prepaid or otherwise I am leaving, he went ahead with prepaid without any further attempt of misguiding. Both Airtel and Vodafone are paying good commission for postpaid. Thats why, the front desk people are trying to only push postpaid.

Edited by commonman

7 hours ago, commonman said:

As already indicated earlier, even the Vodafone guy tried to push postpaid but when I said very roughly that I want only prepaid or otherwise I am leaving, he went ahead with prepaid without any further attempt of misguiding. Both Airtel and Vodafone are paying good commission for postpaid. Thats why, the front desk people are trying to only push postpaid.

Same happen with Vodafone Insisting on POSTPAID, but after couple of dialogue got free sim of vodafone prepaid, In march 2017.

Sep 2017, went to Airtel gallary with Aadhar, First i have E-KYC my Airtel money account into Airtel payment bank. Smooth process except Rush hour, which make me waiting 15 min.

Later Insisted, can you able to provide FREE sim for MNP from idea, At first instance said, YEE, but trying to divert to POSTPAID, then said ok. Again Queue took away 15 min, when reached Desk, said, we having limited Bio metric devices, please wait until OTHER POSTPAID(postpaid word was silent) customer completed his Aadhar linking.. Then again probing how much monthly usage. i said, zero from this number because i have JIO. which i made advance recharge for next 6 month. He quietly completed process and SUCCESSFULLY give AIRTEL PREPAID. 

Now only waiting for VOLTE Experience from AIRTEL  .

Off-topic- Airtel payment bank is now good option , as we can connect it via UPI into Phonepe, and having more cash load points( virtually every retailer) compared to PAYTM bank and INDIA POST Payment BANK.

JIO Payment bank may again BANG market with "DHOOM MACHA LE" type entry.

15 hours ago, nitink said:

9 days of vodafone port request and nothing from them. no wonder they are lagging behind airtel. 

spoke to their customer care

the lady was polite enough to tell me that they recvd my docs on 7th inspite of my giving them on 4th and asked me to count 10 days from 7th for the porting to be successful.

guess the rush is responible for the delays 

9 hours ago, me_saket said:

Off-topic- Airtel payment bank is now good option , as we can connect it via UPI into Phonepe, and having more cash load points( virtually every retailer) compared to PAYTM bank and INDIA POST Payment BANK.

JIO Payment bank may again BANG market with "DHOOM MACHA LE" type entry.

DBS Digibank is better than any payment bank with additional benefits.

3 hours ago, commonman said:

It doesnt offer Cash load feature.

Only Option to load,via UPI and debit card.

but Airtel/paytm/india post allow all 3 mode including cash to load wallet.

4 hours ago, commonman said:

I heard about it. But  a couple of issues I find with it are : its only available on app ( no web version ), plus NEFT and RTGS aren't there I think, not sure though.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:02 AM, Hejmady said:

Depends on which State your Adhaar belongs to.

Yes, you are right. But see, aadhaar was brought as 'all-india ID'. It is not issued by any state government either. So, compulsion to provide a local address everywhere you go is an unnecessary practice. Like operators can have pan-india licenses, subscribers should also be allowed to have pan-india UID.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:01 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

the rest of the banks will give their decision in the next meeting.

They should sell every brick and stone of this choRcom leaving no trace of its existence.

Edited by ajay16

6 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Yes, you are right. But see, aadhaar was brought as 'all-india ID'. It is not issued by any state government either. So, compulsion to provide a local address everywhere you go is an unnecessary practice. Like operators can have pan-india licenses, subscribers should also be allowed to have pan-india UID.

It is a pan india ID but for procuring a mobile connection it can be used as address proof (apart from ID proof) for the circle to which it belongs (address), since these days most connections work as a universal connection all over India because roaming incoming is free in most networks. But to take a mobile connection in a different circle one has to provide a local address or reference as address proof apart from ID proof.

Edited by LTE4G

Things, so far, have been said about reliance:

1. Rcom is choRcom

2. They take their customers for granted.

3. They always come with a revolutionary idea; they spoil the market; they leave.

6 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

It is a pan india ID but for procuring a mobile connection it can be used as address proof (apart from ID proof) for the circle to which it belongs (address), since these days most connections work as a universal connection all over India because roaming incoming is free in most networks. But to take a mobile connection in a different circle one has to provide a local address or reference as address proof apart from ID proof.

Yes, but what will they do with local address? People are not living at a single place these days. Moreover, they have our  permanent address.

Edited by ajay16

4 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Yes, but what will they do with local address? People are not living at a single place these days. Moreover, they have our  permanent address.

This is as per rules & regulations set by TRAI.

1 minute ago, LTE4G said:

This is as per rules & regulations set by TRAI.

Yes, DoT or TRAI.

16 hours ago, me_saket said:

It doesnt offer Cash load feature. only Option to load,via UPI and debit card. but Airtel/paytm/india post allow all 3 mode including cash to load wallet.

Airtel PB charges money for withdrawing cash. Digibank gives free access to all ATMs of all banks. For most people it would not be the only bank. They already have some other bank. So UPI based transfer is never an issue.

14 hours ago, zacksanders365 said:

I heard about it. But  a couple of issues I find with it are : its only available on app ( no web version ), plus NEFT and RTGS aren't there I think, not sure though.

NEFT / RTGS is there and completely free.