Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

@nitink just try paying by online website of rcom and once done successfully, issue "Stop cheque" request to your bank. That's the only better way in sight. 

Ours is a corporate connection. The online link for payment does not mention / work with customer id. U can only pay by entering a phone number. Major glitch never fixed by Rcom.

Rcom knew it wud shut down from 30 Nov, they shd have kept an online option / sms facility or customer care option open to let its customers for 16/17 yrs not face any issues.

If I look over the internet, there r complaints all over of not receiving MNP code and in many case Rcom holding the port coz of stupid reasons.

If 17 yrs we have paid the bill and service has been availed, why shd they stop port for their inefficiency.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

On 12/6/2017 at 5:28 PM, mywebid said:

Many thanks for this. Got confirmation from Airtel CC that port request is rejected. Reason - Invalid ID :wacko: 

I had used Adhaar authentication.

On followup it turned out that I ported 2 numbers simultaneously and it was not allowed. And I had specifically asked in store. Nevertheless went again and to my surprise Airtel system is not accepting  my MNP request now saying number is already on Airtel. More digging and it was found that once rejested same MNP code can't be used. And I can't get a new code from RCOM. Completely stuck. Seems I have to port to Vodafone now :mellow:

Rcom is such a pain even at last breath :angry:

I dont think this is true, Airtel took my MNP request again after the 1st one was rejected due to unpaid dues. This time i did the porting via Airtel's  Gallery and not their franchisee like Airtel express. 

I remember asking her if this MNP requests gets rejected , can i again request for a MNP to airtel, she said u can do it as many times with the same Code. .

and yes, u cant use the same aadhar more than once per day with same operator either for a new number, or a port  or even  with the aadhar verification drive.

Edited by nitink

AFAIK only one connection can be taken in a day from one operator using Aadhaar authentication. May be this is to provide protection to user and avoid dealer/operator from misusing your aadhaar authentication for any other sim simultaneously without your knowledge.

But about 1 month ago, I used my adhaar for porting to 2 Vodafone numbers in the same day. Both of them activated without any problem.

On 12/9/2017 at 9:31 PM, KAPILKDEV said:

But about 1 month ago, I used my adhaar for porting to 2 Vodafone numbers in the same day. Both of them activated without any problem.

the operator wud have been smart enough not to process both of them the same day 

he wud hv taken xerox of ur aadhar 

Chq dated 6/12/12 has still not been debited from my company's account even after 6 days. Today i spoke to the higher up;s and requested them to do a stop payment for the chq and did a manual online payment for 2802 bucks bill of Nov. 

Had my aadhar/ bank accnts / mutual funds etc etc not been linked with this number, i would have not even bothered for a second to get rid of this number. But this is my last ditch attempt to salvage this number. Feels sad that after being linked to this company since DAPO, the way they r treating us leaves no other option but to curse Anil Ambani and Rcom.

And I have promised myself not to buy/get associated with any Anil Amabni product namely  - Insurance or mutual fund or anything else. This guy is a disgrace to mankind and humanity. Anil wud be happy getting a big slice from the Ralafe deal  and is least bothered for the aam junta who has no where to go.   

• Like 1

Can anyone share email of the various authorities where I can complaint?

20 hours ago, nitink said:

I'll suggest to put request on Twitter. RCOm handle is @RCommCare and also tag DOT (@DoT_India) adn TRAI (@TRAI). I got my issue with Hathway broadband faster by tagging DOT.

Finally :)

Dear Nitin, Welcome to Airtel - India's Fastest Network! Your mobile no. 9313xxxxxx is now active. For seamless data experience, please insert the SIM in slot 1, restart your phone and keep mobile data option ON.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nitink said:

Finally :)

Dear Nitin, Welcome to Airtel - India's Fastest Network! Your mobile no. 9313xxxxxx is now active. For seamless data experience, please insert the SIM in slot 1, restart your phone and keep mobile data option ON.

Glad to hear that finally you succeeded.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

4th time lucky. :)

Thanks guys for your support.

Good News for some of RCOM users who are yet to port out.

Please do not panic. 

RCom has extended the validity of upc code till 23:59:59 hours 31st January 2018 for the following circles :

Bihar, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Kolkata, Madhya Pradesh, Mumbai, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Jammu & Kashmir, Assam & North East circles.

For the rest of the circles (including CDMA) the deadline is 31 December 2017.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Lol, it's good riddance to bad rubbish.
The faster u leave the better for u.

This time my number got ported in 3 days... Gave request on 12th and around 12.30am today morningi noticed no service on the rcom number. Inserted airtel and bingo it started with no activation needed.

Looks like the Deadline is extended for their 3G circles. This tells why some people are getting 3G signals, even after closing of 2G sites.

5 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Looks like the Deadline is extended for their 3G circles. This tells why some people are getting 3G signals, even after closing of 2G sites.

I am still getting 2G signal - calls working in Mumbai circle (using RGSM 3G Sim in 2G slot of my handset).

8 hours ago, LTE4G said:

I am still getting 2G signal - calls working in Mumbai circle (using RGSM 3G Sim in 2G slot of my handset).

what r u waiting for ? Or u want to see this number RIP with ur own eyes :P

1 hour ago, nitink said:

what r u waiting for ? Or u want to see this number RIP with ur own eyes :P

Yes! :death: This was being used for 3G data only (mostly).

I had 2 important Reliance 4G connections (CDMA to LTE upgraded since Dapo offer) which I already ported to Jio & Airtel in the first week of November.

Edited by LTE4G

Finally the Jio - Rcom deal seals.

As part of the deal Reliance Jio will take over Reliance Communications’ 122.4 MHz of 4G spectrum in 800/900/1800/2100 MHz bands, fiber optic cable spanning 1,78,000 km pan India, over 43,000 towers and 248 media convergence nodes.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/reliance-jio-rcom-wireless-assets-deal-a-win-win-for-both-players-2471001.html

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/company/corporate-trends/mega-deal-between-ambanis-gets-thumbs-up-from-the-industry/articleshow/62285388.cms

Edited by LTE4G

It was always on the cards. More of a stage drama. Big brother wanted the spectrum and infrastructure but not the low ARPU customer baggage. So they first offloaded the customers. Looted the prepaid users of their unspent balance in the process. Anil Ambani hinted this long back when he openly claimed that there has been a virtual merger of RCom and Jio.
RCom has the most efficient 850 Mhz band, both of its own and the spectrum taken over from MTS. So its extremely important for Jio scheme of things.

PS: Made more with RCom shares in last 1 month than I paid them in 14 years :P

Edited by commonman

in Mumbai, no network is there. I had obtained porting code but unfortunately I was out of town and the phone I got the sms is dead. I really wondering what to do.... Can anybody sugguest a way out....

10 minutes ago, vijaykv said:

in Mumbai, no network is there. I had obtained porting code but unfortunately I was out of town and the phone I got the sms is dead. I really wondering what to do.... Can anybody sugguest a way out....

Try and connect with airtel or voda manually and send sms for porting code to 1900. 

58 minutes ago, vijaykv said:

At least the UPC code of Mumbai circle number is valid till 31st January 2018. But still, DO NOT waste any more time, already 60 days have gone. If your number is NOT in 3G circles of RCom, then 31st December is the last date. Try other operator stores as suggested. I think, you still can generate UPC code by using SIM in any GSM phone and selecting rival operator network manually.

Recently visited local dealer.

Where a Vodafone Company executive was able to give UPC ,just by telling mobile number.

and then insisting to port.

I had just told him rcom gsm mobile number of my frinds and he told UPC in 30 minutes, and then i could able to take new PORTING sim.

Possible fraud could be , he can accept anybodies Aadhar to get that number activated into vodafone network.

Most importantly, SIM was lost by my friend just 3 months back and now all RCOM store closed, hence no chance of getting duplicate sim.

But it saved out number truely, which we can PORT to jio after 3 months of vodafone network