Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

If I recharge JIO with two plans i.e 509 plan and 999 plans and use 5 GB data per day, will it first use 2 GB high speed data of 509 plan and then high speed data of 999 plan or vice versa?

I asked this question with JIO support, and they say "it will be combined" but could not explain what is meant by "combined" and kept saying "bus dono plan add ho jayenge" and that does answer my question. Needless to say, JIO customer support is stupid and untrained

3 hours ago, Sachil Sawhney said:

If I recharge JIO with two plans i.e 509 plan and 999 plans and use 5 GB data per day, will it first use 2 GB high speed data of 509 plan and then high speed data of 999 plan or vice versa?

I asked this question with JIO support, and they say "it will be combined" but could not explain what is meant by "combined" and kept saying "bus dono plan add ho jayenge" and that does answer my question. Needless to say, JIO customer support is stupid and untrained

Whichever plan is activated first or which ever plan's data expires first (daily expiry) shall get activated first imho.

6 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Whichever plan is activated first or which ever plan's data expires first (daily expiry) shall get activated first imho.

are you sure? anybody else who has multiple plans?

Two plans will not work simultaneously. First plan will be active and second one will be queued for activation after expiry of first plan.

8 hours ago, commonman said:

Two plans will not work simultaneously. First plan will be active and second one will be queued for activation after expiry of first plan.

Yes! You are right, but he is asking if he forcefully activates (using activate button in MyJio app) two plans parallel to avail 5GB per day.

Would the earlier plan not get forfeited in case of force activation?

2 minutes ago, commonman said:

i don't think so. since my last plan expired, i activated two 509 plans and both are active. This way i get 4 gb data per day for 49 days which is 196 gb of data. This is even better than

999 plan. but i can only confirm this in few days to see if both plans data is being consumed. but why this plan falls in monthly plan list when validity is 49 days? any ideas?

4 hours ago, commonman said:

I have used this (forced activation) and saw that both plans remain active and the data of second plan comes in place when the data of the first plan gets expired for the day & booster pack thereafter.

So in case of 509 & 999 the 2GB / day should get activated first & 999 should act as booster beyond 2GB.

Good option from Jio.

Edited by LTE4G

47 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

I have used this (forced activation) and saw that both plans remain active and the data of second plan comes in place when the data of the first plan gets expired for the day & booster pack thereafter.

So in case of 509 & 999 the 2GB / day should get activated first & 999 should act as booster beyond 2GB.

Good option from Jio.

but why 509 plan falls in monthly plan list when validity is 49 days? when should i renew it?

On 25/10/2017 at 3:54 PM, Sachil Sawhney said:

but why 509 plan falls in monthly plan list when validity is 49 days? when should i renew it?

Where is it mentioned as monthly plan?

₹509 (Pre-paid) provides 2GB/day for 49days (98 GB).

29 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

This 509 plan shows under monthly category when you try to recharge on desktop computer

31 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

but i like this double recharge. I am getting around 120 GB per month for only 624 rupees . both are now working side by side

1 hour ago, Sachil Sawhney said:

but i like this double recharge. I am getting around 120 GB per month for only 624 rupees . both are now working side by side

Yes! this type of  combination is only possible in Jio which allows parallel activation of plans.

On 26/10/2017 at 10:04 PM, Sachil Sawhney said:

Can you please post the breakdown of Rs 624 for 120 GB? Also, the 509 plan has to be activated before the 999 plan? If that is the case, what happens when your 509 plan expires before the 999 plan on the 49 the day? Then the next first active package will be 999 and if you recharge for another 509, then the daily 2 GB will come into effect only after the expiry of the remaining data of 999 plan?

Nevermind, I thought you had recharged a 509 with 999. 

Edited by MVP