Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

after jio airtel & idea offering unlimited calls in Roaming

28 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

One lesson learnt not to recharge any number with 70 days plan. First did a a recharge of 70 days in airtel pathetic 3g/4g network in Mumbai / Mh. After completion of 70 days in airtel recharged my idea number with 70 days Pathetic data coverage in Mumbai. One suggestion go with 28 days pack

Absolutely right. Airtel data connection frequently gets disconnected & it only reconnects after multiple tries (Mumbai). It is very risky in doing online financial/banking transactions due to frequent disruption while the payment is being processed through gateway. I should have opted for 28 days plan & will use Airtel for voice calls only in future.

For me, it is reverse. Airtel has excellent 4G speeds in CG, where even Jio speed is pathetic. But voice calls of Airtel here in 3G as well as 2G has degraded a lot from earlier. Waiting for VoLTE launch in my circle (TN), so that I can use VoLTE here (Airtel has this weird restriction in VoLTE) to get crystal clear voice calls as well as great data speed.

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Waiting for VoLTE launch in my circle (TN), so that I can use VoLTE here (Airtel has this weird restriction in VoLTE) to get crystal clear voice calls as well as great data speed.

What exactly is the nature of "weird restriction"? There may of course be certain circles where the service is yet to be launched.

Read in the news that Vodafone is also starting VoLTE in Jan-18

What does airtel want to prove here. They have a pathetic 4g coverage and giving such offers. For eg if your 3g data pack has expired & u r left only with 4g only data , and u move to non 4g area u will be charged for using their 3g network :(

IMG_20180122_204852.png

• Like 1

Is this the way they plan to offer competition to Jio or retain their subscribers from switching or lure new customers? It is really sad to see that such a big Telcom is not even capable of designing a good plan for its subscribers. This proves how much they care for their customers. Still dictating terms - (habit is something which is always difficult to change). It is high time for all operators in the field to come out with pure & simple plans without imposing much restrictions / confusing terms, instead should concentrate in maintaining the service quality so as to force the user to stay on their network. Because sincere customers are looking for good service and moderate prices (rock bottom or cheap pricing with odd restrictions is not required).

Jio has left everyone behind in planning as it also has host of bundled apps along with data offering and since Jio has turned into profit (as reported in last quarter) now they may concentrate on strengthening their network wherever users are facing issues.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vicky2089 said:

What does airtel want to prove here. They have a pathetic 4g coverage and giving such offers. For eg if your 3g data pack has expired & u r left only with 4g only data , and u move to non 4g area u will be charged for using their 3g network :(

Not only that. If you are browsing using 4G data and when an incoming call arrives, the network will switch to 3G and data will obviously used on 3G network as well and eats your main balance.

This problem is somewhat solved with airtel VoLTE. But it's available in few streets of very few circles. To add insult to the injury, very very few phones support their VoLTE and that too is a hit or miss affair.