Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ramu_coolhimesh

New mobile network found

Since last 1 month, while doing a manual scan of mobile networks, I am always seeing a new network with code 405 882 in 4G/LTE mode in Patna (as you can see in the screenshot attached). Whenever I search for this network code on Google, it says this code belongs to S Tel in Bihar/Jharkhand circle. But as per my knowledge, S Tel no longer provides mobile services in Bihar/Jharkhand as the company's licence was cancelled by the Supreme Court way back in 2012. Can anyone confirm which company's network code is this? Whether S Tel is making a comeback in some way or other or this code has been allotted to some other operator after cancellation of S Tel's licence?

Screenshot_20180303-014130.png

Edited by ramu_coolhimesh

I am sure you are mistakely taken new code as 4G/LTE network.

Because cellone is not at all 4G network.

56 minutes ago, me_saket said:

BSNL has launched 4G in one district of Kerala and testing at several locations around India.

The next official launch is supposed to be in Arunachal Pradesh.

3 hours ago, me_saket said:

@me_saket, the screenshot was taken on a Moto G4 Play handset that I am using for the last 1 year, updated to Android Nougat version 7.1.1 recently. There are three different preferred network modes in it (just like all other 4G handsets available in the market), and now I'm going to share with you my personal experience using a Idea 4G SIM in that handset on each one of the network modes (as Idea has its own 2G, 3G as well as 4G networks in Bihar/Jharkhand). Below are the three different modes discussed in details:-

1. 2G - In this mode, the phone scans only the available 2G/GSM networks, because whenever I select this mode, my SIM automatically latches onto Idea's 2G network only and does not latch onto its 3G/4G networks even if they are available at that particular place, and either 'G' or 'E' is displayed on the left side of the network bars,

2. 3G - In this mode, the phone scans only the available 3G as well as 2G networks, because whenever I select this mode, my SIM automatically latches onto Idea's 3G network wherever available, and in such a case, either '3G' or 'H' is displayed on the left side of the network bars. In areas where 3G network is not available, it automatically latches onto the 2G network and either 'G' or 'E' is displayed as mentioned in Point 1 above. However, in this mode, the SIM never latches onto the 4G network even if it is available at that particular place,

3. 4G - In this mode, the phone scans all the available networks, i.e., 4G, 3G as well as 2G, because whenever I select this mode, my SIM automatically latches onto Idea's 4G network wherever available, and in that case, '4G' is displayed on the left side of the network bars. In areas where 4G network is not available, it automatically latches onto the 3G network and either '3G' or 'H' is displayed as mentioned in Point 2 above. And, in areas where neither 4G nor 3G is available, it automatically latches onto the 2G network and either 'G' or 'E' is displayed as mentioned in Point 1 above.

Now coming to your point, I am quite sure that the new code belongs to a 4G network because it is displayed only when I scan the available networks using 4G mode. Whenever I scan using either 3G or 2G mode, the new code is not displayed, just like Jio. And, talking about CellOne which is not a 4G network, well it is displayed in 4G mode as well, because as I mentioned in Point 3 above, the 4G mode scans all available networks, whether it is 4G, 3G or 2G.