Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rdr

Problem With Lsi 110 And R Connect

I've had an LG LSI 110 phone for R Connect for about 2 weeks now. Transfer rates are quite good and it's definitely worth it (have the 1500 unlimited plan).

But I have one weird problem...

The phone gets switched off intermittently. Sometimes after an hour of R Connect, sometimes 2-3 hours, etc.

It sometimes runs for a day without exhibiting this problem!

This is not a battery issue.. have the charger plugged in most of the time.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Clarification: IT gets switched off.. and just doesn't drop the line. I have to power it on again to get it to work.

Edited by rdr

Try to PING the connection.

May be its a s/w bug,that switch off the phone when it goes in dormancy (i.e. when there is no data transfer).

ping is constantly on.. but it still happens. I talked to support and they said it might be a hardware issue and I have to visit an Authorised Service Center.. have to check

Well... I haven't been to the service center yet... but Customer Care called *twice* and told me the same thing - since it is in warranty, you can go and get a new set from the service center... and gave me the address of the nearest service center.

I can only go there on monday though.. lemme see if it is as easy as the CC person it would be. :angry:

I am also facing strange problems with the cordless fwp..it is 3 days old only.

First it is working perfectly when the usb connector is attached.. but when i attach the charger it disconnect..and on trying to connect it doesn't get connected.

The dialogue comes up : Connecting.. and then nothing happens.

On again trying I get 'modem busy...type message.

But on disconnecting the charger connection and restarting my comp everything works perfect.

I am really puzzled.

And another problem...in my cordless FWP handset PRESSING THE RED SWITCH DOESN'T CANCEL THE INCOMING CALL... NO WAY TO CANCEL INCOMING CALL OTHER THAN TO ACCEPT IT AND IMMEDIATELY DISCONNECT... strange na

The problem with LSI 110 rconnect problem is truly puzzling. I have got the handset replaced by new one twice as the instrument used to get switched of all of a sudden while on the net. Now even after replacement the problem persists. The fault seems to be with the battery being supplied with the instrument.

I have an observation though it may not look much of a logic.

Suppose if I have been using the instrument for voice purpose and just do not place it back on the charger , thinking well that the battery is indicating its full charge status. If the instrument is then placed back on the charger cum cable connector stand ( offcourse the power should be on), the instrument gets switched off after few minutes or hours usage.

However if the instrument is just kept charger cum cable connector stand with power on and the instrument is just being used for internet, the instrument has less problem of switching off. This is weird problem but it happens. Probably it may the battery problem. It seems that the power keeps charging the battery which in turn powers the rconnect. May be rconnect s**ks more power than the rate at which battery gets charged.

I have reported this to service center, highest office and so on.. Got replacement.

Anyway instrument replacement is not the solution here neither the service center guys have really got an idea of what may be the real problem. My advice! do not unload your operating systems to sort out this problem as it will be of no avail. However use the latest dialer available of relianceinfo site.

I still feel LS 340 E ( have no idea of new LS 350) is better for Rconnect and it may be a mistake to upgrade to this cordless phone , if you are mainly using FWP for Rconnect.

I had upgraded from my bulky FWP instrument to this relatively sleek and better looking one. But as rightly said "Looks may be deceptive"!. But you will agree "still looks matter a lot", in general or in particular.

However every thing is not bad. It is a good voice phone and easily portable. With Rconnect also when it is on it works fine. Finally, :P Choice is yours!

Hi All,

I am also facing the power off problem with my LSI 110 but only with linux.. On windows it works very fine for days without any drop in connection..

facing following two problems with my LSI 110 and rconnect.

#1. As the thread discusses...LSI 110 at times switches off....about 2-3 times a week.

#2. When there is no data transfer, it makes a beep...thats really annoying.

I'm using a Rs.650/ per month 1 GB plan...and not worried about time limit I'm online...this modem beep does makes sense in case of time bound connection plans.

Any idea how to switch off this annoying beep.

thanks