Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mahidhar

Yahoo Messenger @ R-World

Hi ppl,

Have any of u tried using yahoo messenger thru ur phone ? There is an option in R world > More services > Surf > Mail and chat > Yahoo messenger. C if it works ... it logn in fine and even messenger says "I'm on mobile" when u log in thru ur phone ... the problem is u cant send messages and receive messages ... if someone's got any ideas ... i'm waiting. ..

bye

• Like 2

I have tried Yahoo! Messenger on RIM and it doesn't work sometimes. I've noticed recently that you get an error like "Unable to process request" when you check for new messages, check friends online, etc. during daytime. But it does work well when traffic is low (late night or early morning).

• Like 1

I have tried Yahoo! Messenger on RIM and it doesn't work sometimes. I've noticed recently that you get an error like "Unable to process request" when you check for new messages, check friends online, etc. during daytime. But it does work well when traffic is low (late night or early morning).

I face the same problem too :P

This WAP enabled is good only when u want to instantly talk to someone whom u expect tht moment. but its not worth all the effort to reach that IM aplet!! lol... its so long a process and have to make so many attempts!

Hope reliance ties up with YAHOO n MSN formally to allow the SMS enabled messenger service!

hi,

i used to log into yahoo messenger earlier, but it was such a messy affair. i rather like the service offered by yahoo mobile to other GSM mobiles. in the case of reliance u have to check for new messages, u wont be alerted when u get new message. also u have to be on r-world for this service. in GSM it is based on sms. when someone sends u message on yahoo, u will get an sms with the message. but some ppl get the service on reliance, but only in some areas in north india.... im waiting for it to come here. also waiting for rediff tooo...

Have anyone got more info on this matter?

plz pm me

Wht more info r u looking for?

Well just to tell u'll, R-Surf in mumbai has got a bit better, in terms of speeds! At various hrs of the day, i could login to yahoo msger without any errors etc and with gr8 ease and quickly! Unlike earlier where there were so many errors for connecting.

Does reliance have any seprate no to access yahoo messenger? other than 8242

bcz in BPL eventhough u cant see its list in yahoo it logs in from ur handset from the number 4000

:D

Hmm ^_^

In BPL each sms send outside is charged as normal

I mean normal sms rates and so is the same when u access Yahoo Messenger....

Sms rates are Re.2/sms...

:) So, hey no one answered my ques on reliance and yahoo messenger service no.. :grin:

So, hey no one answered my ques on reliance and yahoo messenger service no..

There is no other alliance as of now between Rel and Yahoo and hence nothing more than tht Instant Messenger on R-World... Nothing like an SMS service as yet.

:rolleyes: i dont think it's anything to do with alliance...

huh u think that yahoo and rediff take royalty or ask for service charges from operators... i don't think so. (they get a lot of revenue from ads)

i think it's just Reliance's monopoly... they want to charge their customers thru their nose... we'll see as soon as r-world becomes a paid service....

actually there really is an alliance. that is why such service cost double the charge of a normal sms. it does not cost much money to send an sms, but to set up an sms server does take a lot of money. and in the case of yahoo and rediff the traffic would also be very high, so they need to charge some money for it, otherwise they wont be able to maintain such a service.

i dont think it's anything to do with alliance...

huh u think that yahoo and rediff take royalty or ask for service charges from operators... i don't think so.

There is definitely an alliance between Orange(Mumbai), Hutch with Yahoo and MSN for allowing users to login to MSN/Yahoo thru SMS.

If for example u goto Yahoo Mobile Registration thru Yahoo Messenger, u'll find that Reliance is listed there as a partner for Yahoo IM but that Reliance is the Reliance GSM operator! So once Reliance IndiaMobile joins Yahoo IM then we can all login to Yahoo IM thru SMS via RIM.

also Recently, HUTCH started charging for incoming SMS which are generated thru MSN! so theres definitely a service charge which operators have to pay these websites too...

Reliance perpaid users are charged for sms na... And most of the users in the cdma are having sms free..

Maybe tats why only their prepaid ones are having this facility so they can get money from the sms sent :rolleyes:

Reliance perpaid users are charged for sms na... And most of the users in the cdma are having sms free..

Maybe tats why only their prepaid ones are having this facility so they can get money from the sms sent  :rolleyes:

didn't understand wht u were trying to point out. Would u describe this more?

And moreover, most CDMA users are now charged for SMS. coz since Feb1, TATA started charging 50p / SMS for all its users. Hence in effect, only Reliance DAPO users have free SMS as of now. And i dont know wht nos. they run into. But DAPO users are not more than the monsoon hungama customers for Budget plans and now the prepaid ones..

only Reliance DAPO users have free SMS as of now. And i dont know wht nos. they run into. But DAPO users are not more than the monsoon hungama customers for Budget plans and now the prepaid ones..

i took my connection on monsoon hungama offer and changed to pioneer offer.. and now i have sms free.. Many here took the connection in pioneer plan...

i think most of their customers are in the pioneer stuff and having sms free.. B)

As all the prepaid ones are charged for sms @ 1rs. per sms ...their is no perpaid subscriber having free sms .. they would be getting the sms charge from all subscribers sending sms to access yahoo...

i guess tats a reason for them to have a tie up with yahoo for RIM prepaid that the other one... :rolleyes:

lets get somethings straight.

first of all i dont think DAPO users are the majority. if anything they just constitute a very minor no, when compared to the other users.

2nd. is yahoo messenger accessable from reliance pre-paid?

In your messenger menu goto Login > "Login to mobile device"

There u will see Reliance india in the list of operators...

Tat is the one for Reliance pre-paid... :rolleyes:

Tat is the one for Reliance pre-paid...

who told u that?? did anyone prepaid subscriber access yahoo thru sms?

Coz as far as i know that the Yahoo mobile registration for Reliance is there for quite sometime there. But tht is only for Reliance GSM users...

Can someone throw more light on this?

i never saw anyone.. But when i asked the customer care guy abt the connectivity and then abt the Reliance india shown in the operator list they told me its representing the Reliance prepaid :D .. They told me prepaid..

Sorry if tat info was wrong.. But i got that from the customer care guy...

One more customer care lapse!

i doubt if it is cdma. most likely to be gsm...

the prob is that reliance has its hand in a lot of areas, and i doubt if any of its employees have the full picture of its services, or for that matter, the complete pic of the reliance cdma and reliance gsm operations.... so instead of saying they dont know, they try to guess an answer....

when r they gonna learn there is no shame in admitting what u dont know. that is the only way to learn, if u admit u dont know, u learn. if u make urself believe that u know, then u woud never learn

Yes, Its Reliance GSM thats listed in Yahoo, not Reliance IndiaMobile ! :D

i jus happen to see >> LOGIN TO MOBILE DEVICE >> in yahoo! messenger... in india, TATA Teleservices has joined in! u can see that the example of the no. given there is also a CDMA no. which has first 2 digits of STD code (40) and rest of the digits are of CDMA no.(55210000).

Now if TATA could get tht done, y hasn't Reliance done it?? Bcoz that way, we can have incoming msgs on yahoo delivered to our mobile phones as an SMS! ...

I jus fear that since TATA has signed in with Yahoo for this service now, Reliance might not be able to now partner Yahoo for it. Monopoly games jus everywhere!! Atleast Reliance should now tie up with MSN for this...