Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nikhilraut

230.4 kbps Connection On LG 6130

:);) hello every body,

I recently purchased a lg original usb cable for lg rd6130.

The cable is not a native USB cable but a USB to Serial interference cable

having ftdi chip for the serial to usb conversion.

The problem was when i was connecting to the net i had to select the baud rate on

the phone and the pc to 115,200 bps. AS a result the connection was made at

115,200 bps.

I tried to increase the virtual comm speed to 230,400 bps but the maximum selectable speed was 128,000bps.

the downloading speed for this 115.4kbps was around 8kbps which is very slow as compared to samsung handset connected at 230,400 bps for which the downloading speed was 15kbps.

I updated the ftdi drivers but the serial port speed did not increase as isit showed only 128,000bps baud speed the max.

I searched the net to see whether i could increase the speed of the serial port

to 230,400bps

I found the following link http://www.mev.co.uk/usbbaudspoof.htm.

I followed the steps and modified the fdiport.inf.

now i am able to select the baud rate on my phone as 230400 kbps and my connection is made at 230.4kbps and the downloading speed is about 15kbps

but this procedure is only for usb cables having ftdi chipset.

if instered contact me at nikhilraut@hotmail.com :clap::clap::clap:

this sounds VERY interesting dude :);) thank you for sharin the infobow.gif

hmm, whats this ftdi... is it the lil box in between the cable? like,which all usb cables have this ftdi chipset - only the 'original' ones from webworld?

u think this is phone-dependent? i mean, if i have the original cable (with ftdi) will this work in OTHER phone models also ?

:clap: keep browsin :clap:

hello ReDshift,

first thanks for your comment

the ftdi is the chip for the serial to usb conversion.

In gray market cable the converter chipset is

prolific 2303.

in my original usb data cable the converter chipset is

ftdi .

i think this method is not handset dependent

if u have a lg handset and a original data usb cable u may be

able to use this method.

is there option to change the baud rate in your lg 2030 handset???

in my rd6130 it has options to change the baud rate of the handset

the selectable baud rates are usb/115,200/230,400

Which cable are u using?? i have not tried this method on a gray market cable

though i have one of it.

i will try this method on the gray market cable and reply u soon

Edited by nikhilraut

that would be real cool dude...

i was checkin out the link u had given and it was ...errm way over my head sad5.gif ...didnt understand much sad.gif

yes, prolific - thats the one i have... hmmm, actualy im connectin thro a com port now, but i have a usb-cable extra (both grey) ...besides, if im gonna get 230 kbps, i woud proly buy an 'original' usb cable... :)

and yes, i think the baud rate is change-able in 2030...

do let us know if it works with grey market cables...

Has some one else tried this out... Whats the outcome??

I could not succeed. i had to reinstall rconnect after unsuccessful attempt.

I use the regular RConnect drivers and a cheap data cable with my Samsung 563. My phone also connects at 230 kbps. But good luck to you if you think you're actually connecting or working at that speed. Consider it one of the many flaws of M$ Windows. The CDMA technology doesnt allow you to connect at those speeds... how can you achieve it changing a cable :D:grin::grin::grin:

logical question anujit.... thats what i've been thinkin too...

but recently, i have been hearin stuff here and there which seem to suggest that this 115plus speeds are indeed possible...

for example - this one which dacodecz had posted in another topic...

The cdma2000 1x RTT { Used by reliance right now } systems are designed for a peak rates of 614 Kbps in forward link and 460 Kbps in reverse link and it is achiveable under ideal radio conditions; however, the average rate per user is only 64-153 Kbps in the forward link (CDMA BST to Phone modem) and 56-76 Kbps in the reverse link (Phone modem to CDMA BST). So communication is asymmetrical between phone and BST.

115 Kbps limitation is due to standard serial port speed limitation avaialable on mass pc, it's not a limitation of CDMA 1x RTT itself

Most of the CDMA phone do have the option to support different port speed, 115/230Kbps in general.

hello anujit,

U have a smasung 563 connected at 230kbps so why not lg cdma

mobile phone connect at 230kbps. I know the actual downloading speed is far to loo than 230kbps. for me the average downloading speed for my lg rd6130 is around 15kbps.

in lg mobiles there are options to change the baud speed.

I am a newbie and not as advanced as u are :grin::grin:

any way for lg mobiles connected at 115.4kbps using any cable grey or original

the downloading speed for me was not going above 10kbps. while the average speed was just 5-6kbps.

trust me after this method i selected the baud rate on my lg phone to 230kbps

and the connection was made showing 230.4kbps.

now for me the average downloading speed is about 10-11kbps.

samsung mobiles have direct usb interference so it does'nt make difference using

a grey market cable or original one.

anujit please go into the matter and tell me if i am wrong :D:grin:

hello anujit,

U have a smasung 563 connected at 230kbps so why not lg cdma

mobile phone connect at 230kbps. I know the actual downloading speed is far to loo than 230kbps. for me the average downloading speed for my lg rd6130 is around 15kbps.

in lg mobiles there are options to change the baud speed.

I am a newbie and not as advanced as u are  :blink:   :blink:

any way for lg mobiles connected at 115.4kbps using any cable grey or original

the downloading speed for me was not going above 10kbps. while the average speed was just 5-6kbps.

trust me after this method i selected the baud rate on my lg phone to 230kbps

and the connection was made showing 230.4kbps.

now for me the average downloading speed is about 10-11kbps.

samsung mobiles have direct usb interference so it does'nt make difference using

a grey market cable or original one.

anujit please go into the matter and tell me if i am wrong :grin:   :grin:

33750[/snapback]

So it is actually possible to increase the baud rates for LG mobiles if we use the original cables right!!!!

Thats great news :D:grin:

Thats good to c nikhil :D:grin:

how do i do this ?Can u pls give us a how-to-do tuto on this?

i didnt really understand much from that link... YOU seem to have though. do share the know-how...

is the tweaking of baud rate done to the computer per se or to the serial-to-serial chip itself?

in a com ported cnxn, does this tweak have any relevance? i was lookin around at the com1 prperties and 115 is the highest i can select.

oh btw, what anujit was hinting at was that - altho the cnxn speed shown in the dial-up window is 230kbps, we may NOT be really connected at that speed. an online speed test would settle this, i guess.

:grin: Keep posting dude :grin:

33753[/snapback]

Hmpffff,

Time to do some troll

The DTR speed you mentioning is between phones modem and your usb-serial port, and it

don't show anything about the DTR between your phones modem and service provider BST.

Thought CDMA 1x RTT ideal speed is far more then 230.4 Kbps, but in practical maximum speed of around 153/76 Kbps can only be achieved.

Now here lies the darn problem, because almost all PC in mass uses the serial interface having maximum DTR of 115 Kbps, so it becomes a habit to say the same about actual speed.

Which is far away from truth anyway. Most of the CDMA phones have the options to select

different DTR between modem and the assocaited serial interface at PC end { I am not counting about the native USB interface, CDC-ACM standard have less headache while negotiating DTR }.

There is no such thing like original or duplicate USB-2-SERIAL converter cables, different chipsets used in them have the same objective to achieve and they being designed for the same.

I am using TI( Texas instruments ) chipset based prototype card to serve my need and it's working smoothly.

Most of the speed problem you guys are facing because of inherent flaws built inside the driver core of micro**** OS, where you have to define too many nonsense and what every another chipset making company try to avoid :-(.

Cheers ..................

33753[/snapback]

Hmpffff,

Time to do some troll

The DTR speed you mentioning is between phones modem and your usb-serial port, and it

don't show anything about the DTR between your phones modem and service provider BST.

Thought CDMA 1x RTT ideal speed is far more then 230.4 Kbps, but in practical maximum speed of around 153/76 Kbps can only be achieved.

Now here lies the darn problem, because almost all PC in mass uses the serial interface having maximum DTR of 115 Kbps, so it becomes a habit to say the same about actual speed.

Which is far away from truth anyway. Most of the CDMA phones have the options to select

different DTR between modem and the assocaited serial interface at PC end { I am not counting about the native USB interface, CDC-ACM standard have less headache whileg negotiating DTR }.

There is no such thing like original or duplicate USB-2-SERIAL converter cables, different chipsets used in them have the same objective to achieve and they being designed for the same.

I am using TI( Texas instruments ) chipset based prototype card to serve my need and it's working smoothly.

Most of the speed problem you guys are facing because of inherent flaws built inside the driver core of micro**** OS, where you have to define too many nonsense and what every another chipset making company try to avoid :-(.

Cheers ..................

33758[/snapback]

hello dacodecz,

as u say shown is not DTR between phones modem and service provider BST. please sir then why do the downloding speed increase plz explain?? early i used to connect at 115kbps with the same lg rd6130 with the handset set

at 115,200kbps. the downloading speed did not crept above 10 but when i tweaked the inf file and connected at 230.4kbps the downloading speed went upto

15kbps. SIR I a am a novice user which OS u use and what's your maxium downloading speed u get using your lg mobile?????

Plz reply soon

As I said PLEASE DO NOT GO BY WHAT WINDOWS REPORTS. ITS INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT.

Let me give you an example on a dial-up connection using IE download a file. When the "save as" option opens wait for 2 minutes before clicking on the "save" button. As soon as you click on it you'll see your download speed showing around 10x and then it gradually goes down to the correct speed. Something similar happens here too.

Download a good program for calculating bandwidth usage... like the one PC Mag has ... I've forgotten the name.. and see for yourself!

Name of the software is NetperSec. And be careful about kBps and kbps!

That was really great nikhilraut

Can you please post how you do this step by step...

now the steps

first download the drivers fromm the following link http://www.mev.co.uk/zip/usb_232_485_drivers.zip

this drivers only work with the original cable

now unzipped the file

now serach the FTDIPORT.INF

IN THE FILE U WILL FIND THE FOLLOWING TO ENTRIES

1. [FtdiPort232.HW.AddReg]

HKR,,ConfigData,1,01,00,3F,3F,10,27,88,13,C4,09,E2,04,71,02,38,41,9c,80,4E,C0,34,00,1A,00,0D,00,06,40,03,80,00,00,d0,80

2.[FtdiPort232.NT.HW.AddReg]

HKR,,"UpperFilters",0x00010000,"serenum"

HKR,,"ConfigData",1,01,00,3F,3F,10,27,88,13,C4,09,E2,04,71,02,38,41,9c,80,4E,C0,34,00,1A,00,0D,00,06,40,03,80,00,00,d0,80

NOW IN THE ABOVE BOTH ENTRIES

REPLACE 1A,00 WITH 0D,00

NOW THE INF FILE IS MODIFIED

THIS WORKS IN THE FOLOWING WAY

IN THE WINDOWS VIRTUAL COMM THE SPEED 115,200 IS REPLACED BY

NOW WHEN U SELECT 115,200 IN THE COM PORT SETTINGS THE BAUD RATE IS

SET TO 230,400

NOW GO IN DEVICE MANAGER UNDER UNIVERSIAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS

SELECT USB TO SERIAL CONTROLLER

NOW UPDATE THE DRIVERS MANUALLY BY GIVING THE LOACTION WHERE U

HAVE DOWNLOADED THE MODIFIED DRIVERS

AFER IT ALSO UPGRADE THE DRIVERS FOR USB SERIAL PORT MANUALLY

BY GIVING LOCATION OF THE MODIFIED FTDIPORT.INF FILE

NOW EVERYTHING IS OK ON THE COMPUTER SIDE

DO THE ABOVE PROCEDURE WHEN THE CABLE AND THE PHONE ARE CONNECTED

TO THE PC.

NOW REMOVE THE CABLE AND RESTART THE PC

AND SELECT THE BAUD RATE IN THE PHONE TO 230,400

NOW THE PHONE WOULD BE ABLE TO CONNECT AT 230,400

SEND YOUR REPLY :angry::angry::angry::clap:

Average Speed = 12.7 x 8 = 101.6 kbps

Max Speed = 19.3 x 8 = 154 kbps

So where is the 230 kbps? CDMA supports upto 155 kbps... though you occasionally see a burst upto around 163kbps.

Thanks nikhilraut

It was really great...

will check it out dude.... thanx

anujit, all this time i've never managed an average d'l speed more than 5 or 6 kBps...woudnt mind tryin this if the avg goes upto 12,13kBps...

goin to chennai for DNB exams... cu guys on monday :angry:

will check it out dude.... thanx

anujit, all this time i've never managed an average d'l speed more than 5 or 6 kBps...woudnt mind tryin this if the avg goes upto 12,13kBps...

goin to chennai for DNB exams... cu guys on monday :angry:

33807[/snapback]

All the best Redshift on your exams!!!

---snipped---

hello dacodecz,

as u say shown is not  DTR between phones modem and service provider BST. please sir then why do the downloding speed increase plz explain?? early i used to connect at 115kbps with the same lg rd6130 with the handset set

at 115,200kbps. the downloading speed did not crept above 10 but when i tweaked the inf file and connected at 230.4kbps the downloading speed went upto

15kbps. SIR I a am a novice user which OS u use and what's your maxium downloading speed u get using your lg mobile?????

Plz reply soon

33759[/snapback]

Dear nikhilraut,

Your download speed increases beacuse your phones modem and PC DTR increases from 115Kbps to 230.4 Kbps, and beacuse the actual CDMA 1x RTT speed is more than 115Kbps.

Ummm take it this way, while using 115Kbps interface you been deprived of few more Kbps, but using 230.4Kbps inteface now you can exploit the maximum practical speed of CDMA2000 1x RTT speed, though certainly it's less then 203.4 Kbps.

Please see some of my other posts for exact practical speed of CDMA200 1X RTT.

I use linux on almost all of my computers :-), I had posted about the speed of my LG-RD 2130 somewhere in this forum but I don't remember the exact link, but it's between 85Kbps to 166Kbps in forward and 45Kbps to 80Kbps in backward link.

Cheers ......................

PS .

Kbps == Kilo bits per second

Edited by dacodecz