Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nikhilraut

230.4 kbps Connection On LG 6130

i think nikhil raut has done a fab job. :D:clap::lol::clap::clap: at (Reliance IndiaMobile Discussion Forums > General > Technical/Programming)

but i was wondering if he could lend his talent to morals like me who

a) have a limited knoweledge ( make that microscopic) :wacko:

B) have a lg lsp 230e which uses a serial port to connect the instrument

the cable has no chip (ftdi - expected as its not usb)

i use microsoft windows xp

How do i get my lg lsp340e to run on hte max baud setting available 230,400baud available on the phone menu :quest::quest::quest:

i have come across a site http://www.devdrv.com/shsmod/

which has suggestion to increase the baud settings of the port

wasnt actually sucessful. Athe same time im have a hunch this is what could help me and all lsp340e users to get hte full output from the instrument

please havea look at it and let me know

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

:clap:   :clap: hello every body,

I recently purchased a lg original usb cable for lg rd6130.

The cable is not a native USB cable but a USB to Serial interference cable

having ftdi chip for the serial to usb conversion.

The problem was when i was connecting to the net i had to select the baud rate on

the phone and the pc to 115,200 bps. AS a result the connection was made at

115,200 bps.

I tried to increase the virtual comm speed to 230,400 bps but the maximum selectable speed was 128,000bps.

the downloading speed for this 115.4kbps was around 8kbps which is very slow as compared to samsung handset connected at 230,400 bps for which the downloading speed was 15kbps.

I updated the ftdi drivers but the serial port speed did not increase as isit showed only 128,000bps baud speed the max.

I searched the net to see whether i could increase the speed of the serial port

to 230,400bps

I found the following link http://www.mev.co.uk/usbbaudspoof.htm.

I followed the steps and modified the fdiport.inf.

now i am able to select the baud rate on my phone as 230400 kbps and my connection is made at 230.4kbps and the downloading speed is about 15kbps

but this procedure is only for usb cables having ftdi chipset.

if instered contact me at nikhilraut@hotmail.com :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

33635[/snapback]

Dude the speed you are gettings, 15 KB/s is 120kbps NOT 230 kbps......oh and BTW, the maximum speed possible on the 1X RTT network used by Reliance is 144kbps, limited by the technology.

Edited by adwait

hey I was trying to attach the post containing this matter but I am not able to do that.... anyways I have a LG cable bought from Reliance store but in device manager there is no indication for usb to serial controller... what do I do???

hey I was trying to attach the post containing this matter but I am not able to do that....

What did u mean by it?

Can u be more clear?

Still this is not the right link.

Simply goto the post, that u want to be linked here and click on the post, which shows the number of the post then click on the number, it'll open a box, copy the URL and paste here.

Simple...

ALL FTDI CHIP USERS find and replace the line that follows in the file named ftdiport.inf in your LG Rconnect software. Take care! make a bakup before modifications. No liability can be claimed on anyone.

[FtdiPort232.NT.HW.AddReg]

HKR,,"UpperFilters",0x00010000,"serenum"

HKR,,"ConfigData",1,01,00,3F,3F,10,27,88,13,C4,09,E2,04,71,02,38,41,9c,80,4E,C0,34,00,0D,00,0D,00,06,40,03,80,00,00,d0,80

Select 230400 as speed in modem setting & Port speed in the particular com port that your LG modem uses. Also change the baud rate in ur phone to 230400. Now when U connect the speed will be 230400 :help:<_<:grin::grin:

Please reply & post UR experience. Feedback keeps new things coming up!

Does this method work with other LG phones also!!

Has some one did testing with other LG phones!!

My Samsung SCH N-191 supports 230400 kbps and download speed is more than 12 KBps

hey this trick is working for me

i think this topic should be pinned as important topic

absolutely agree with you cracker!!!!

I too find this as an amazing hack and believe it should be pinned. Its very diificult to get such high speeds on majority of LG phones without this trick......

Cracker! How u done it in rd2030? I have LG RD 2030 with serial data cable (NOT Original) for rconnect. What i need to speedup my internet connection? Another USB Cable? and again convertor? Very confused. Please help.

I tried it in my RD 2030 which has a local USB data cable, but didn't work for me.

it will not work with local USB data

44104[/snapback]

Have 2030 with serial cable(grey market) . What else i need?

it will not work with local USB data

44104[/snapback]

I have RD 2030 With grey market serial cable. What else i need? some one please explain me by step/

Hi..

I am from Delhi and I implemented this hack on my 6130 3 months back, and was getting decent speeds of around 13-15 KB/sec. But now since a week or so, speeds have fallen to about 2-3 KB/sec only!! Anyone else with a similar problem??

What is this due to? Has Reliance restricted the Rconnect speeds all over Delhi, other guys from Delhi with 6130 and this hack, please respond! Solutions are welcome.

Hi,

I am not understanding that why are you streaching this matter. You part speed can be set 115kbps or 500 kbps but In Reliance CDMA technology does not support above 153 kbps right now.

They are thinking to implement the EVDO that comes 2mbps speed for any one user...

whenever user increase the resources in CELL shared and cause degrade the speed.

But here u can enjoy High speed data packet.

u need genuine(FTDI Chipset) usb data cable

else it will not work.

Edited by cracker

Has anyone tried on prolific chip based data cable(for RD2030)? :)

i tried..

(by adding this line in inf file)

HKR,,ConfigData,1,01,00,3F,3F,10,27,88,13,C4,09,E2,04,71,02,38,41,9c,80,4E,C0,34,00,0D,00,0D,00,06,40,03,80,00,00,d0,80

but it didn't work... :)

i know chip support buad(?) rate of more than 230 kbps but i don't know how set higher buad rate

if some tried in this chips...plz share.. :grin::)