Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
saurav123

Installation failed in winXP

r-connect service was running fine in winXP, now i've uninstalled it due to some errors... but now it is refusing RE-install again... plzz help me!!

i'm getting this message..

samung.jpg

my device manager!

device.jpg

niket Posted: Mar 11 2004, 07:57 PM

It is worm actually it happens mostly in 2000 and XP.

XP and 2000 windows service pack solves that problem.

if u do not want to install service packs then There is hotfix available on microsoft site.

Try to search google with this "WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe" or "KB823980 WindowsXP" for xp patch. for 2000 "KB823980 windows2000" . u will get direct link to that files.

install following three files. try to get only from microsoft's site otherwise it also contains Virus or warms.

Q815021_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe

q824145.exe

and mostly this is solves the problem.

Try out the above solution. If doesnt works reload winxp and apply the patch (as said by niket) and then install r connect software.

No, Green.. it's a diff problem..

However it can be solved.

1) When u uninstalled R-connect it don't remove samsung driver from Windows XP , Xp has Tendency to Cache Drivers files.

2) So, Go to Network Connections click New Connection and then wizard open up

3) Click Next

4) In Network connection type choose "connect to Internet" click next.

5) Then choose "Set up my connection manually"

6) Then choose "Connect using dial-up modem"

7) Type Any Name in ISP name box (e.g "Rim Con"

8) in Phone number type "#777" (e.g #777)

9) and as user name and password enter your RIM number with STD code and without leading ZERO '0'

10) now finish.

your new connection will on desktop OR in Network Connections.

now connect with the help of that and remember if u have another modem then goto properties of Your New connection( e.g "Rim Con" ) and make sure Samsung CDMA modem is current modem for that connection.

Have Fun.

your'e right. i misunderstood. my sincere apologies.

No, Green.. it's a diff problem..

However it can be solved.

1) When u uninstalled R-connect it don't remove samsung driver from Windows XP , Xp has Tendency to Cache Drivers files.

2) So, Go to Network Connections click New Connection and then wizard open up

3) Click Next

4) In Network connection type choose "connect to Internet" click next.

5) Then choose "Set up my connection manually"

6) Then choose "Connect using dial-up modem"

7) Type Any Name in ISP name box (e.g "Rim Con"

8) in Phone number type "#777" (e.g #777)

9)  and as user name and password enter your RIM number with STD code and without leading ZERO '0'

10) now finish.

your new connection will on desktop OR in Network Connections.

now connect with the help of that and remember if u have another modem then goto properties of Your New connection( e.g "Rim Con" ) and make sure Samsung CDMA modem is current modem for that connection.

Have Fun.

thnx niket,

thank u very much!!!!

i've got my connection again!!!!

Greens' above solution originally posted by Niket proved to be a boon to me.

I took the FWP LSP-340e a few weeks back. Even though I could instal & connect to internet thro' Win98se, all my efforts to instal & connect thro' winxp sp1 (dual os) failed.

I used to connect to the net with my earlier 56Kbps modem using 98se and hence winxp was not updated. Everytime it was "failed to instal modem" (even the standard 19200 kbps modem).

Being a small time techie myself, I scourged the net for possible solutions until yesterday when I struck gold at RIM discussion forum. The solution turned out to be keeping your XP up to date and maybe the RPC problem as indicated elsewhere in this forum. It was not a 'problem with your cable', 'problem with the driver', re-instal xp etc advice I got from different sources.

After installing the said three files, I could instal the modem with the 2 MB "rconnect_lg_lsp_340e_com.zip" file found in a filemirrors search (not the 7 MB file at rim site) as clean as a whistle.

Thank you niket and greens.