Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunil_jok

Suggestions/Recommendations/Complaints

hello friends,

let this thread be dedicated to suggestions, recommendations and complaints bout the forum.

your posts will be discussed by the moderators and the admins and we will take decisions based on your comments and will post our reply in this thread.

every member can post in this thread and can suggest modifications for suggestions made by other members.

i am hoping that by this we can improve the forum and help everyone to enjoy this forum better.

We want to know ur opinion dudes...

Do u find it easy to navigate the forum?

Incase u need to find help on a certain issue, r u able to locate the right thread for it?

Do u think u require something "more" other than the SEARCH option of the board? Or r u cool enuf with the "Search" option?

This forum uses an advanced forum software called 'Invision Power Board' for running the forum. Can u also let us know whether have u used "Invision Power Board" earlier? And how easy is it to understand the functioning of the board?

It'll be great to hear ur views, suggestions, opinions on all of the above or anything other than tht... SHOOT... :clap1:

May if possible a clear cut descrption of what is expected in each segments

Else new guys like me will surely get confused..

I small descrption at the top of what the particulat segemnt of the forum stands for,, in bold or in differt font/color would be nice

hmmmm,

good idea, but i think there is a limit on charactors that can be used to describe a thread. is it possible to increase the limit? coz many times i had to shorten up the description so as to fit it in.

ashok any ideas?

Sunil,

Max post size is limited to around 1000 kb.

If arun has no objection we can have it changed :rolleyes:

Wht sunil meant was the description and not the post size...

But i personally feel that it is perfectly fine...

u can only not understand wht tht thread is if u try to be very quick and not read thru the thread urself... so if u can do tht, u can avoid urself from goin off topic :clap:

May if possible a clear cut descrption of what is expected in each segments

Else new guys like me will surely get confused..

I small descrption at the top of what the particulat segemnt of the forum stands for,, in bold or in differt font/color would be nice

hmmmm,

good idea, but i think there is a limit on charactors that can be used to describe a thread. is it possible to increase the limit? coz many times i had to shorten up the description so as to fit it in.

ashok any ideas?

Hi ppl

I can give u a very straight, easy & simple suggestion.. :clap:

This is what i do in all my forums/portals/boards etc.. etc etc..

Give a pinned and closed topic of NOTICE or read me or any stuff like that which the user will first click on when he enters that topic.. so that he would get to know what he expects in that forum and what are the limitation/things he or she can post in it.. and do this for each n every forum...

damn.. such a simple and stupid thing.. u can't cramp up everything in the forum description.. this is an easier way out..

HAHA.. CHEERS!! :unsure:

can u give me a link to one such example such tht i can understand wht u mean?

Hi people,

i think this forum is at the best it could ever be...

Theres no need to change anything except maybe add a folder for ringtones and wallpapers...

Apart from that, This is a well maintained forum....

Keep it up ...

can u give me a link to one such example such tht i can understand wht  u mean?

Well u can chek out http://mgmcet.co.nr click on FORUMS written on lefthand side..

u will manage 2 see only 1 forum.. click on that there.. u can read a pinned topic called WELCOME.. such topics r in every forum describing the use of it..

well there r such topics in every forum starting pinned and closed.. u can make them and contain details what what to expect and what not to expect under that particular topic

CHeers..

nice idea to have a forum for a college.. and tht too mgmcet... enjoyed being there...

But khandu, the thing is tht u have a welcome page describing tht "forum" for maybe every forum. But in our case, we have every "topic" tht talks different things in every "forum". So cant really manage to put up a welcome page kinda thing for every topic right ?

Maybe a pinned topic which gives a 1-line intro to every thread in that forum can be put up which can also have clickable links to tht topic... But thinking abt it i am getting jitters... coz we have like 40-60 topics in some forums! :unsure:

Ok, jus let me check.. did i understand completely wht u meant... or is there something more tht u'd like me to check out... Shud i go ahead and register in ur forum to explore a bit more? Let me know for sure... i am also trying to keep all my bulbs switched on! :clap:

sure dude u can check in..

np.. ne ideas u can ask me. :P

I did not mean a welcome page for every topic.. a welcome topic for every forum. .. so that the ppl can know what they can post and expect in that forum.. u know. DO's/DONT's .. kinda TOC...

so tht whn a newbie comes in the forum eg : Samsung he/she knows what they can post .. a bit explanation about the phone, features, general download links (if any for that phone).. so that a user will not keep on posting the same questions like : Where to download it.. How to download it.. What r the features.. Instrctions please.. HELP ME regarding soso feature and how to edit the phone.. u know one simple page hotlinkin all the general queries.. so ppl dont have to go jumping along all topics for some general queries..

and always if any edition has to be done to the page.. u can always do that :P

that portal is always under construction...

i would recommend to do something about the search function.

cauz once i tried searching for 'crc' and then search would not give anything.

then tried to search for "server" +"crc"

again nothing....

bugged me up...

okie, The minimum number of letters required for searching was '4'. Thats why 'crc' wasn't accepted. Anyway, I've reduced it to '3' now. So you'll be able to get results now. Thanks for the suggestion Static :P

hmm.. i do get bugged sometimes with the SEARCH function... Coz the min no. of characters set for SEARCH were 4... so it doesn't help sometimes.

But wht i find interesting there is the several no. of options of searching thru posts and its important to understand wht every search element is about, and am sure we'll reach the right thread! :rolleyes:

Hey Arun... I Was Thinking That It Would Be Really Nice If We Could Add A Bit Of Scripting To The Signatures... Be it VB Or Java...

I dont know weather It's Supported By IBP .... but I Tried a Java Script Once And Got Stuck With It Chirag Had To Help Me To Get Rid Of It.

Caus Client Side Scripting Wont Cost Any Extra Procesing Power To Your Server...

And I've Seen It At Other Forums...

Didn't get you static, what exactly are you asking for. Anyway, I won't allow scripting in signatures due to security issues.

hey arun .. ever heard of 'white things'??

it's like some credits... u get if u help someone... at a forum and in turn u can give them to someone who helps u.

Just puts in a bit of lighter side of forum life.

how about integrating some at this forum.

check this link for more info...

http://www.invisionthings.com/forums/index...&CODE=01&HID=12

Nice find Static, anyway, we are not going to install it right away. We will plan on installing it in the forum later.

Hello admin,

And hello to all guys...

I m nipun kaplish from ludhiana

And i can help for more devolping of this forum. And we shud have website.. That would be team work and from all of us

As i have many websites check these out

http://www.ludhianafriends.com , http://www.ipunjabi.com , http://www.ishqdeep.com and many more they all are team work... :-)

Edited by Ashokjp

ya guys we could do that even I know quite a lot about web designing and javascripting. So I could help.

Wht do u guys actually mean by developing it like a website?

I saw something wht Khandu had shown a few days back... But still, can u guys further elaborate?

We r looking out for ideas to Re-structure the FLOWCHART of the forum... meaning, as of now we have the following as the current flowchart...

News & Announcements

RIM Discussion

RIM Services

Discussions related to Reliance Indiamobile services

R World

Discussions related to the much hyped 'R World' service of Reliance IndiaMobile

R Connect

Discussions related to the 'R Connect' service of Reliance IndiaMobile

Handset Discussion

LG

Discussions regarding LG CDMA handsets

Samsung

Discussions regarding Samsung CDMA handsets

Nokia

Discussions regarding Nokia CDMA handset

Motorola

Discussions regarding Motorola CDMA handsets

GTRAN

Discussions regarding GTRAN CDMA handsets

General

Technical/Programming

Exclusive forum for discussion of advanced technical/programming topics. This forum is meant for experts and not recommended for novices.

Reliance Infocomm Discussion

Discussions related to new products/technologies/initiatives of Reliance Infocomm other than RIM

General Chat

Chat about anything else here !

Subforums: Newbies

Forum Feedback

Check here to know the changes made to the forum. Please leave us your suggestions, comments, etc. to make this forum better.

We plan to incorporate PREPAID and POSTPAID in this.. basically segregate both and their topics... In this process, if u guys can pop up newer ideas of re-structuring, tht wud be gr8 :o

Chirag,

Only "RIM services" needed Re-structure. All other are well placed and well defined. RIM services should be broken in to three parts like "Postpaid" "Prepaid" and "Shared Things".