Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunil_jok

Suggestions/Recommendations/Complaints

i had problem in News & Announcements, whatever new topic i have uploaded there..never worked..please look into that..

You cant post directly into News & Media/Press Releases section...

Once you post in that section, your posts are placed in Moderation Queue

Your posts have to be approved by a moderator to get it listed..

Well one thing

News & Media/Press Releases section is mainly for official news/press releases by Reliance Infocomm.

Any article post other than that,

concering Reliance should be posted in the topic Reliance Infocomm Discussion

under General category

And if the article isnt about Reliance and deals with General Information,

post it in General Chat under General category

Hope i have cleared your doubt :rolleyes:

in that case mine has never got approved by the moderator..pity...most of them are press anouncements..

Press announcents that are published at www.relianceinfo.com is what he meant.

I think the Techinical/Programming section requires a little sorting. Maybe it can be made a subset of handset discussion. Like all codes for Lg RD2030 coming under LG---> technical---> codes

When the thread was created, it was mainly favoured for techie guys..

All phone hacking and such stuffs done, are to be at your own risk

Handset discussion is not for any phone hacking or any such stuffs,

therefore Technical/Programming thread was kept apart :)

Please read this thread for more info..

Notice

Hope i have cleared your question ^_^

Maybe any of the other moderators can explain this a little better :rolleyes:

Yeah,

U r right there is no sub grouping reqd.. for Technical/Prog section.

If any topic handset specific then mention it in Title.. it is enough.

But static can decide on that.

yeah y'ur right niket.. even i dont think that there's any sub-grouping reqd. for Tech/Programing Section ...(just imagine how painful it'll be to check a sub-topic called technical under each different handsed... :( )

but if ppl are really getting lost maybe we can have sub topic like SMS Stuff, Wallpaper And Ringtones .. And Other Technical Articles...

and post accordingly.... but i dont think it's really necessary...

Wow! You got a very good website http://www.ludhianafriends.com :unsure::unsure:

:o But why you lying about http://www.ipunjabi.com and http://www.ishqdeep.com? You have no link with these websites. http://www.ipunjabi.com and http://www.ishqdeep.com are the property of Interactive Code and you have no link with them. All you have is your wonderful website called http://www.ludhianafriends.com. So, don't ever lie again like this. :help:

http://www.ipunjabi.com and http://www.ishqdeep.com? You have no link with these websites. http://www.ipunjabi.com and http://www.ishqdeep.com are the property of Interactive Code and you have no link with them. All you have is your wonderful website called http://www.ludhianafriends.com. So, don't ever lie again like this.  :angry:

Sounds Intresting :P

Would it be possible to have a default avatar for members who have not yet picked one?

An ideal one would be a thumbnail of the handset they have selected.

It would look good and be informative plus they can always change it anytime.

Also it would be fun to display each member's ranking based on the number of their posts - like a friendly contest...

:P

Some stats on the number of each type of members (newbies, advanced, etc) would be great in a chart form.

Could we please have a new section for Classifieds where we can place Sale/Wanted ads for all RIM related products?

Thx

Edited by Chirag

a forum is not a website.

but the idea is good. i mean if you ppl can work together and make a good website then its good.

wht all r u planning to put on the website?

my suggestions are put an faq on handset usage and other related services. you will get lots of content from this forum.

put the user review on each handset.

but the main problem with website is that the content creation is very tough work, here in the forum everyone is participating in it. but for a person to do all that by himself.... it will be tough.

in the forum almost everything is ready. u just have type what u want and it will come, but in the case of website u have to design it, give correct links, see if each pages matches, upload it. update it... too much work....

lets here more bout this, and maybe there are few who likes to work very hard without getting any reward.

You cant post directly into News & Media/Press Releases section...

Once you post in that section, your posts are placed in Moderation Queue

Your posts have to be approved by a moderator to get it listed..

Well one thing

News & Media/Press Releases section is mainly for official news/press releases by Reliance Infocomm.

Any article post other than that,

concering Reliance should be posted in the topic Reliance Infocomm Discussion

under General category

And if the article isnt about Reliance and deals with General Information,

post it in General Chat under General category

The moderation for NEWS AND PRESS RELEASES has been stopped coz i realised that alot of news that members post under that forum go unnoticed coz we mods dont quickly moderate them.

BUT i sincerely request u'll to only post only THE NEWS that has been released by DAKC, Navi Mumbai or relianceinfo.com under the News & Media/Press Releases section!

Thanks! Keep posting!

hey just look up member no.1's join date!!

(member no.1 is Arun ..the one who started this forum)..

hey just look up member no.1's join date!!

(member no.1 is Arun ..the one who started this forum)..

Ha so its 23rd December 2003 isnt it well a really long time 4 months now isnt it :lol:

Why dont you remove the flood control options, atleast for exsisting members or otherwise allow upto a limit. I am finding it very difficult.

I've now decreased the flood control limit to 5 seconds.

I have here some good suggestions for the forum.

1. i dont know where r the rules posted for the memebrs. can anyone help me.

2. i think there must be some approiate way to inform the memebr what their maistake is and who has wrned them.

3. there must be a way to redure the warn level.

4. how can i be amdinistrator or super moderator? we should also get a chance

there must me a specific section for this and some one must be appointed i mean someone must be managing this.

Thanks for asking, rakesh. So here goes...

1. i dont know where r the rules posted for the memebrs. can anyone help me.
There is a link on top of every forum which says: "Rules for all members" (along with a exclamation mark), which lists the rules that the members are expected to stick with. Anyway, click here for the rules page link.
2. i think there must be some approiate way to inform the memebr what their maistake is and who has wrned them.

Yes, the member will be sent a Private Message about the 'mistake' he did and which moderator wrned him.

3. there must be a way to redure the warn level.

The warning level can't be changed by the member. It will be surely reduced by moderators as they will be monitoring your posts.
4. how can i be amdinistrator or super moderator? we should also get a chance

A moderator is selected by the recommendation of other moderators. There is no 'eligibility criteria' for choosing a moderator. Anyway, we assess the ability of a moderator through the posts he makes in the forum. Do let us know if any one is interested !

there must me a specific section for this and some one must be appointed i mean someone must be managing this.

The Feedback forum is meant for this !

Well I think anyone becoming a moderator of a forum depends upon his expertise, willingness to help others, have regard/respect to others, ability to tactfully solve problems and allow a forum run smothly. If U have thse and (m)any more that the current moderating/Administrator Team decides and there is a need for more of them - they will decide upon selecting U as a moderator/supermod.

Being moderator is more for helping rather than ranking (purely my personal opinion though).

Oh well Arun has already answered that while I was typing this offline :D:grin:

are we going to see a election or what....???

Guys..!!! Keep politics out of this board please..... :D .... I suggest we leave moderation and administration stuff to the current team and concentrate on sharing info and gaining knowledge.....

Now, when the job becomes too heavy for them they will pick some one from the mass and request him to share the workload.... then, if you fit into the criteria charted by the team.... then surely you will also be accepted as the authority.... but, i advice that for the time being, lets stick to what we came for to this forum in the first place.....

Besides..Rakesh.... Its not an easy job.. Believe me.. It calls for attendance to the board eeryday.... You will have to take it as serious as taking up a part time job.... All this besides being an active contributor of information and acting as a mentor for the new comers....

Besides, rimweb is still very small....and can be easily managed by the current team...we have to grow much more..and probably sometime down the line we would be seeing new mods and admins coming in....

No offense to anyone.... Just conveying my thoughts...... :grin:

Besides..Rakesh.... Its not an easy job.. Believe me.. It calls for attendance to the board eeryday.... You will have to take it as serious as taking up a part time job.... All this besides being an active contributor of information and acting as a mentor for the new comers....

quite true! Wish ppl understood this b4 posting!

Guys, keep ur eyes on the topic title b4 posting. I am sure tht wud save me atleast an hr a day! :clap:

To begin with, these posts go to the relevant Topic!

Besides, rimweb is still very small....and can be easily managed by the current team...we have to grow much more..and probably sometime down the line we would be seeing new mods and admins coming in....

Time n again, we've been inducting more n more mods to keep up wid the no. of posts n members at the forum.

To begin wid, we had jus one ARUN, n later 4 of us. And then slowly i guess we r a team of 12! We sure need to grow n this will happen eventually!

I guess moderator is not just a post... :)

With it many duties follow...