Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
srusal

LG RD 7230 PC Sync

Hi,

Phone: LG RD 7230, PC Sync Application

PC Sync Software given along with LG RD 7230 Phone is not working.

I am using USB cable. USB is getting lised in the configuration of PC Sync Application.

Does reliance have any fix for this.

For anybody this application is working???

Please help me. Badly I need this.

Thanks

Srusal

were u given the software with the phone or with the data cable?

where did u buy the data cable? if u bought it from reliance then get them to rectify the prob. also check if u have the latest upgrade. it might help.

but wait till u get more replies. there are guys in this forum who would have used it. they would be able to shed some light on your prob

Well I just picked up the LG RD 7230 and have yet not received the software. Was able to download the rconnect software and use it with the usb cable. If you can mail me the software or do a file transfer I could try it too.

The PC Sync software for RD 7230 is bundled with the phone

a cd comes with phone which has everything for the rest like rd 2030 or rd7130 it can be picked from www.lgmobiles.com

mine usb driver (rd7230) is not working too. the reliance people have no aswer as usual..

if anyone has the same model and has connected his phone to the pc. kindly let me know please; how to go about it..

thanks

Hi Guys I have had this phone for a minth now. I feel it is pretty good.

Please ask me questions if any and I will try to help.

With regards to the software I have been able to successfully use the address book sync manager and the rconnect software. But am not yet able to transfer the photos from my phone. I have windows 2000 on my system and windows xp at office and they both crash the dll of the LG Link startedr software

does anyone know how is the photo qulaity of 7230 camera?

Hi Guys  I have had this phone for a minth now. I feel it is pretty good.

Please ask me questions if any and I will try to help.

With regards to the software I have been able to successfully use the address book sync manager and the rconnect software. But am not yet able to transfer the photos from my phone. I have windows 2000 on my system and windows xp at office and they both crash the dll of the LG Link startedr software

are you able to send photo or video through the menu / photo/my album/menu/send photo?

I've had the misfortune of having used the LG RD 7230, too. The handset comes with the USB data cable, and the "necessary drivers" on a CD (along with a skimpy manual). The software bundled on the CD is a case study in how to write faulty software:

The computer on which I tested the software was an IBM Thinkpad, with preloaded Windows Xp.

The Rconnect software and USB drivers installed properly, but then I noticed an unusual problem- Everytime I removed the datacable, I was not able to use it after I reconnected it! The problem turned out to be that for some reason, the drivers were not able to detect the datacable when I re-inserted it. Therefore, I have to manually refresh my pnp hardware devices (from the device manager) everytime I reattach the data cable.

The media player software (for playing video files captured on the mobile) fails to detect the mobile, and whenever I run the Link Starter software, the moment the handset recognises the connection, the PC software throws up an error ("This program has performed an illegal operation..."), and is forced to close. Compatibility modes do not work, either. The handset, meanwhile, resets itself... :blink:

Customer support was unable to provide any useful help, but instead decided to question whether I was running a licensed version of windows or not.

Totally fed up with errant software, I uninstalled all the drivers & software for the RD 7230, and reinstalled the RConnect software for the RD2030. I know, the 2030 is nothing compared to the 7230, but hey! At least the software for the RD2030 works! ;)

Has anybody been able to get the software for the RD 7230 to work under Windows XP? If so, how did you solve the problem?

Totally fed up with errant software, I uninstalled all the drivers & software for the RD 7230, and reinstalled the RConnect software for the RD2030. I know, the 2030 is nothing compared to the 7230, but hey! At least the software for the RD2030 works!  :P

Just brings up that phone.. Rconnect is works but mine pc link soft is also not works. In my case I click "Read phone Item" button In Pc-linksstarter prog becomes ideal.

I can't understand why LG comes with this kind of joke I can't able to transfer my photos(which I shooted with camera) to PC.. Totally exhusted. -_-:(

Did you try LG customer care service centre????????

Please get the feedback.

I exchanged old RD 2030 for RD 7230 camera phone from Reliance web world. It came complete with USB cable and the software.

Though I can use the phoe as modem for surfing using R connect, I am auable to use PC Sync/ PC Link Starter software.

I feel that the camera facility is of no use unless one can download the photos on PC.

I have visited Web World as well as spoken to LG service on the phone given in the manual but without any solution.

The model is also not listed on LG's international web site.

Can somebody help me to download bugfree software?

Though I can use the phoe as modem for surfing using R connect, I am auable to use PC Sync/ PC Link Starter software.

I feel that the camera facility is of no use unless one can download the photos on PC.

well I find the solution... :D (at least in my case it works)

I first got the same problem. when I upgraded.. but now my Pc link starter program works and I can able to sync data,photo,movie to PC.

first uninstall USB driver(ver 3.0) which u have installed first. and search in CD for USB Driver ver 2.5 and install that ver of driver.

and make sure that in phones setting menu u have set data transfer mode to USB. although if don't changed that then it is by default set to USB..

I think in ver 3.0 driver have some problem. because ver 2.5 drivers works.. :D

try and let me know the results.. :blink:

I am not able to open the site..

There wont be much difference in function rather than any stylish interface ;)

i have lg rd 2130. n i have connected the phone thru USB cable of lg rd 2030. now i wanted to upgrade to LG RD 7230 under the new scheme. could anybody tell me that the same USB cable(2030) can be used with the set 7230 :clap:

Hello

I am also facing the same problem of sync.

I even tried to uninstall usb v (3.0) and installed usb v2.5 in 3 different computer.

But the same problem comes.

I have tried it on Win XP, Win 98, Win 2000. Non of them work

Please help me to get the pics on my computer.

Can any one tell me how do upload any new ringtone in the phone apart from rworld menu.

Hi guys... I also had similar problems with my Link Starter software. I dropped a mail to LG helpline...and they told me that my CD version was old and couriered me a new software CD. Pls check out ur version too. If the CD doesn't have Ver.1.1 printed on it...that means you have old software. Just drop a mail to helpline@lgmobiles.com and tell them abt this problem..and they will send u the new CD. Was pretty impressedwith their service. Had dropped a mail on Friday..and today morning got the CD also!!! :)

Can anyone provide a link to download the software for 7230.

is there any one using pc sync of LGRD 7230?

i have got the CD and usb cable wrom RIM .it installs the software on pc but says connection faild after trying to connect

if any successful user reads this please help how to use.

Visit nearest LG service centre and update the software for the handset and try installing it.

this is what i did with my 7230..

wrote a few text lines in pait with a black background...took a photo of it & the made in the graphic for my incomming calls...standby ..boot up & shut down...

here they for others to use...

post-1436-1098262687.jpg