Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anujit

Rim Web Fading?

Over the last few months I've noticed that there has been a substantial drop in postings. Of course I have no data to support this. However when I clicked on "View New Posts" every few hours or so I used to see tons of new posts. Nowadays its barely 2-3 mostly none.

Arun, Chirag: do you have any data to verify this?

I would suspect now that billing and services have stabilised and there is little talk about here except hacking and Ashok's cool new program! :grin:

Pehaps we need to get new topics etc in here to increase involvement? Maybe discuss Vishal's girlfriend (no not Ash) and the like!

Suggestiongs and thoughts welcome from everyone.

I guess number of topics are related to newer devlopments in reliance, which of course have not been happening frequently of late. The last major thing that happened was R world becoming paid.

No new handsets, no new and exciting tarrif plans what can we possibly discuss about?

On the contrary there have been some general topics whic have been popular like e books and digital photography. I guess we need more of those to increase the number of posts.

Thats right Tanveer, the posting rate at RIMweb is dependant upon new offers or developments from Reliance. Thats what I noticed from IPB's "Statistic Center" in the Admin Control Panel. It has been hovering around at the same rate for some time now though its still keeping pace now thanks to Ashoksoft and his findings !

Interesting to note that the 'General Chat' forum has the most number of views than 'Technical/Programming' forum now. Below is the breakup of the top forums (in terms of number of views)...

General Chat 29647

Technical/Programming 21915

R Connect 20443

LG 19478

Miscellaneous 13708

RIM Prepaid 12827

Nokia 12698

FWP/FWT 11291

RIM Postpaid 10574

R World 9478

Reliance Infocomm Discussion 8794

News & Media/Press Releases 6182

General Technical Discussion 5871

News Articles 4719

It has been hovering around at the same rate for some time now though its still keeping pace now thanks to Ashoksoft and his findings !

35107[/snapback]

I would suspect now that billing and services have stabilised and there is little talk about here except hacking and Ashok's cool new program!  :grin:

35102[/snapback]

WOW!!!! Two of the best appreciations I have ever got! Thanks guys ... keep u posted with more ... But then herez a small problem, u see posts which are posted in the "New Posts" not posts which are edited...

So a problem arises, For eg. I will have to wait till some1 responds to a post, before I post the next one ... else I will have to edit my posts... and well the freq. of postings appears to come down.

Pehaps we need to get new topics etc in here to increase involvement? Maybe discuss Vishal's girlfriend (no not Ash) and the like!

My girlfriend!!! :grin::grin::grin:

Where is she? ;)

My girlfriend!!! ;):P:P

Where is she? :o

35125[/snapback]

Where is she?? You should be knowing??? :P

Who is she is what we should know..... :)

I see the fading starts the day free rconnect was over. Its not a guess its true.

rimweb has been responsible for wasting a lot of time ... i feel like suing it. I could have taken my career to new heights without the unwanted distraction from rimweb.

I would reconsider my decision to sue, if you shut it down.

rimweb has been responsible for wasting a lot of time ... i feel like suing it.  I could have taken my career to new heights without the unwanted distraction from rimweb.

I would reconsider my decision to sue, if you shut it down.

35171[/snapback]

Do us a favor ... GO SUE YOURSELF!!!!

Coz. .. no one forced you to be here in RimWeb, You came here on your own accord.

Learnt a lot of new things (now if u disagree with this... dude u need to get civilized he he he he :) )

Shut it down ? Are u nuts ? Well do us a favor ... why dont u start a forum like this ... and maintain it the way RimWeb has been for this long....

There are ups and downs everywhere... right now it is not a period of glory around... coz of lack of new developments... During the industrial Revolution, a new machine was being invented every damn day... so what are u planning to do? Stop using machines and sue all machine manufacturers coz u have not had a new machine since yesterday? huh.... Seriously dude... take a deep breath ... and try to meditate a little ... that helps!

If u wanna have any clarifications ... maybe PM is a nice media ? what say ?

Cheers

Ashok

PS : Arun + Mods / Sup Mods... Keep up the good work... critisism comes from all quarters... but then the best emerge from such critisism.

I see the light whilst its dark around,

I see the zenith whilst its low on ground,

I see a new beginning whilest, In the way,

I see the reason why, we are here to stay.

for others ill just say,

we will bounce back,like the pheonix.

who takes birth,to prove to the herd,

i am far from being dead.

Its a beginning its a flow,

RIMweb is here, forever to glow.

I see the light whilst its dark around,

I see the zenith whilst its low on ground,

I see a new beginning whilest, In the way,

I see the reason why, we are here to stay.

for others ill just say,

we will bounce back,like the pheonix.

who takes birth,to prove to the herd,

i am far from being dead.

Its a beginning its a flow,

RIMweb is here, forever to glow.

35182[/snapback]

Wow! Thatz quite a poem dude.... love it!

Good going guys!

EAST OR WEST, RIMWEB IS THE BEST!

PS: RIMweb is a boon for Reliance bcauz of it Reliance comes to know about its loopholes & various problems...

I think he meant it as a joke Ashok. Relax.

35183[/snapback]

Yeah i guess so too!

relax buddy!

Ya even I have seen a significant decrease in posts most of them seem to be official replies from the moderators including those sayin I have cosed/moved the topic...

Earlier there used to be so much new to learn everytime u log in now there is nothing...

Thats my point Vicky.

Perhaps we should get in more stuff on CDMA etc happenings around the world. Especially Japan (FOMA) & South Korea.

Customer service also seems to have improved marginally, so fewer complaints. People are generally happy, I guess.

oh! if things have improved for all, so then great... we should all be rejoicing and not crying abt the decrease in posts... Wonder y u guys give so much damn to it! :)

Anyways, long in range, i see some great developments at RIC.. waiting for that to bust and get some more stuff on board. Till then, hold ur breath dudes... The Netway and DTH and Broadband is all going to make RIMweb buzzing all day once again!! Hail Anil :P

I think he meant it as a joke Ashok. Relax.

35183[/snapback]

Yeah i guess so too!

relax buddy!

35192[/snapback]

JOKE !!!! :)

Nice theory.

I encourage people to think it that way -- pick a friend's pocket, ... and if caught -- WELL I WAS JUS' JOKING :P

rimweb is my first ever 'forum'. my stepping stone to a whole new dimension of net-activity- forums. learnt about most of my forum_etiquette from here....and of course, the fact that every forum has an odd crack-pot or two. that too, i learnt here.

no matter what, rimweb has a permanent soft-spot, deep inside.

-----------

like chirag said - cant wait for the next wave... hope all the vapours condense soon :) dth/evdo/netway - whatdaya know, we have just begun.

the fact that every forum has an odd crack-pot or two. that too, i learnt here.

Is the suicidal banana referring to me as the "odd crack-pot" ? :P

Anyway, sir, if you are so pleased with rimweb ... why don't you make a contribution to it. (You could credit the contributions to my bank a/c :) and i'll forward them to the concerned)