Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mhimanshu2003

Rconnect Hangs In Winxp But Works Fine For Win98se

Hi

I got my Rconnect Activated yesterday. and am using it to surf the internet on my Notebook as well as my Desktop.

Notebook has WinXp wihile the desktop has Win98SE.

I have the rconnect dialers for respective OS installed. The phone is LG-RD2130

When I try to connect to net through rconnect on my Notebook ,the connection is successful and I get the NetworkIcon in my System tray .Howevr When i try to browse any website,the Rconnect Dialer Hangs . I tried the latest Rconnect from Relaince website but the problem persists.

I trid installing the drivers for RD2030 /RD2130 USB converter but of no use.

The Same works fine on Win98SE loaded on the Desktop.

Any help on this could be helpful.

Thanks

Mayank

Since your drivers are already installed try using DUN instead of the RIM Dialer.

Since your drivers are already installed try using DUN instead of the RIM Dialer.

36270[/snapback]

What is DUN ? Canyou elaborate on it? Where can I download!!

I tried configuring the manually the Dial up Network Connection on XP .,HO evr of no use. I get connected to teh network for a minute or two and then the conenction hangs? The only way to get of the connection is plug the USB cable.This only happens in XP

Please help.

Thanks

Mayank

DUN is dial up network

At the time when it automatically gets disconnected, what error message does it show in the dialler software ?

At the time when it automatically gets disconnected, what error message does it show in the dialler software ?

There is no error message ,the Rconnect as well as dialer hangs. It goes to "Not Responding state"

Can any one help me out.

It tried on a differnt laptop running WinXP Professional, It works fine with out any problems

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hi

I am using a USB cable to coinnect my phone to the Laptop. The Laptop doesnot have nay Serial Ports.

So I donwloaded the Rconnect Software for USB interface and installed it. During installation ,It asks for the LG USB Serial Convertor driver .which I ihave installed .

When I plug my USB cable into the platop and the other end tot he phone ,the "Windows XP" recognises the USB cable as Serial Port and sets it to COM4.

I then use the Rconnect dialer to dial in. The net connects,and works for a min or two and then the whole system hangs.The Rconnect Dialer goes to "Not Responding State"

The phone goes to Dormancy ,and sometime automaticlay tries to send /receive data.

I can come out of the "Not Responsding State only after i pull the USB cable out of hte USB port"

then everything works fine as usual .

Does the phone extract power from the USB port.

I have tried my friends phone in the same USB port it works fine for him.How do I make sure that the Phone 's modem is working fine. As it works fine on differnt laptop.

Can any one tell me if somebody is using a laptop without a serial port and getting Rconnect connection through USB